• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Really Good Title™ (Prefix Sorta Relevant)

Luxim

M'Narwhal
(Warning: I don't know jack fucking shit about formatting here because I'm new.)

Thanks for dropping in!

To start things off, hello! I'm Lux, and I'm (surprise surprise) a recent migrant from Gaia Online. Actually, I made this account a while ago, but have only just now decided to start using it. Oops? So, before I launch into the meat of things, I figured I'd take a moment to briefly introduce myself. I'm 30 years old (RIP), I live in Oregon, I have two cats and a dog, I really like video games and I may or may not be seriously addicted to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I'm honestly sort of a massive nerd and I have way more Batman shirts than I'll ever actually wear. I'm very crude, I'm sarcastic as fuck, I dig memes and I tend to be forgetful once in a while (read as: a lot). I personally prefer to do a lot of my chatting on Discord because I am notoriously terrible at remembering to answer messages on any sort of social media website, but I will do the biggest fucking try to keep my attention focused here. (Seriously though, if we get to chatting, I would highly prefer to move the OOC stuff to Discord. <3) I have, at the very least, 17 years of roleplaying experience under my belt. I like to think I'm pretty good at this, at least from a character-building angle. I may not be the best technical roleplayer you've ever encountered in your life, but I take pride in my characters at least.

A word of warning: I have a mentally strenuous job. There may be times where I just don't feel like talking and need a lot of space and quiet time. It may be a few days, it may be a week, it may just be an afternoon. If you are making attempt to talk to me and I'm not answering, it's not because you've done anything wrong. I just need a little room to breathe and chill. I'll get back to you when I don't feel quite so much like the world needs to leave me out of it for a while.

So! To that effect, I'm looking for one or two one-on-ones to get my feet wet and to keep me occupied. If I try to divide my attention too many times, my interest and energy tends to wane very heavily, so I'm going to be a little choosy. Ideally, I'd like to partner up with people that can reciprocate what I give them, and vice versa. Characters getting along is just as important as getting along with whomever you're roleplaying with, and if the synergy isn't there, then it's just not going to work out. I have no idea if literacy labels are as important here as they are on Gaia, but for anyone that does care about those, I am a bizarre mixture of lazy lit and advanced lit. I prefer lazy lit. Because I'm lazy. And because "advanced" or "elite" lit as titles make me feel kinda pukey and pretentious.

At this time, I am completely uninterested in any fandoms. Sorry!

Have I mentioned I'm lazy yet? Yes? Good! Here's lists because paragraphs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dos:
  • Fantasy - can be medieval, modern or futuristic. I have a really fucking crazy-insane plot idea for excessively futuristic fantasy settings that may be too large for a one-on-one, but feel free to ask if it piques your curiosity. I also have a secondary idea with less of a fleshed out plot - that one involves undead witches, a lot of ice, desert not-elves and a particularly assholey Witch-King.
  • Superheroes - a little burnt on this one, so I may or may not feel up to it.
  • Supernatural - not the TV show! Psychics, monsters, demons, etc. I have a plot idea involving some non-typical angels and people with ESP. I also have another idea involving bounty hunters and a job to take down a stray djinn.
  • Science Fiction - not necessarily space-related, but space is cool! I prefer things more along the lines of genetic experimentation, like test tube babies. I have a very vague plot involving a person that comes across a murder machine on two legs and decides to use them to their advantage.
  • Dark Fairy Tales - like Grimm's Fairy Tales. More gritty stories.
  • Mafia - not a whole of experience with this one, but what little experience I have had has been fun.
  • Anything creative, really. I'm very open to ideas!
  • I don't mind gore. I obviously don't mind swearing. Romance is fine as a subplot, but I get bored with it as a main plot idea.
  • I'm fine with m//, f//, hetero, whatever. I have characters of all interests and sexualities.
  • World-building. Lots of NPCs, major or minor. Unff.
  • Building a plot as we go along instead of having it all planned out from the get-go.
  • I tend to play many more males than females.
  • I am ditch-friendly. We all have lives; I am not going to be upset if you drop.
  • I will be satisfied with one post a week. I don't need constant back and forth, and there's no need to rush.
  • If I cross a line that makes you uncomfortable, say so. I will certainly be doing the same!
Do Nots:
  • Anything to do with incest.
  • Slave and master bullshit.
  • Tragedy for the sake of tragedy.
  • Flat characters.
  • Arranged marriage.
  • Pregnancy of any kind. It's creepy.
  • Having characters in an established relationship before the roleplay even starts.
  • Being forced to play a role I have no interest or confidence in.
  • being told that i cant type like a lazy shit because sometimes grammar is just too much work
  • OOC drama.
  • Unnecessary fluff. (I don't read fluff or anything that comes across as purple prose. I do not, do not, do not like it.)
  • People controlling my characters without my input or permission.
  • Scenes that stall out for far longer than they should.
  • Having little to nothing to respond to or work with.
  • Lots of OOC talk and little to no IC progress.
  • If you are going to be too busy to be able to participate, please don't agree to start something.

I have a very broad range of characters that are typically very flexible and can fit into most settings easily or with a bit of tweaking. For reference, I'll put a short list of a couple of my more developed and common ones here. This is by no means a complete list, and I may decide to craft something entirely new if nothing I have fits. I seriously have way too fucking many characters.
  • Guy - Nobility in most fantasy universes, or a governor in more modern ones. Morally ambiguous. Outwardly serious, inwardly the very epitome of a 4chan troll.
  • Gideon - A perfect (bara) gentleman and a brilliant geneticist. Usually in positions of power or renown; normally superhuman, in some fashion. Morally white.
  • Luca - A legit international spy and a relentless flirt. Has enough commitment issues to make a friend of mine crazy. Lewd, lewd, lewd sense of humor. A deerking for fantasy settings. Morally... weird.
  • Luther - A test tube murderhobo baby that eats people and takes their identities. Smart, but takes things too literally and has little to no social skills at all. Little sense of morals and usually needs to be taught them. Actually just needs to be taught in general and is sort of like a dog.
  • Rosalyn/Arcea - Rosalyn (glittery fairy) for modern/supernatural/superhero settings, Arcea (ice witch) for fantasy. Tiny, outgoing girl with a liking for dating, shopping and amassing phone numbers. Morally white.
  • Rhett - An anti-social, misogynistic piece of human trash. (Don't pick him.) Either Jack's identical twin or his split personality. A shitty, selfish alchemist for fantasy settings and a black market dealer for anything else. (Seriously, don't pick him.) Morally black. So fucking black it's like gunk in your pipes.
  • Jack/Rhodes - Jack is a detective for the NYPD, with overflowing love and concern for his brother Rhett. Or he's Rhodes, who developed a split personality as a result of trying to cope with trauma and is always sick because Rhett won't fucking stop drinking. Morally white.
  • Yuri - Shark-boy mafia man. Violent, temperamental, drinks too much and is in constant rivalry with his sister Sezja. Also has commitment issues, but is less unintentionally malicious about it as Luca. Morally gray, bordering on black.
  • Sezja - Yuri's sister. Really, really likes booms (guns, grenades, tanks, you name it). Loud, rude, eternally sassy and likes the ladies. Less violent and angry than her asshole brother. Morally gray, bordering on white.
  • Wylde - Actor and rockstar. Owns a limo with a hot tub in it. Likes shitty cheeseburgers, beer and punching. Hardcore party boy with a terrible potty mouth and a hobby of making up names. Social butterfly; usually a (front-lining idiot) fire mage in fantasy settings. Morally white, but will turn morally black if forced to eat pickles.

I think that's about it! I may gradually add or change things as time progresses or as I remember them. In the meantime, feel free to drop me a line. I welcome questions and the like. I'm almost always available... unless I forget to check this. .-.

For the romance choices pick:

Gideon: for a perfectly communicative healthy adult relationship

Luca: for an extremely protracted terrible time that looks like romance but isn’t romance about 80% of the time

Has enough commitment issues to make a friend of mine crazy.
WHAY WHO

Call Guy: for an ambiguous time

Oooh, another JoJo's fan! I can tell that you're a quality person. Say, would you be open to cooking something up with Sezja? She sounds like a lot of fun to roleplay with.

I'm interested in discussing plots with you, but I don't have a discord or anything, can I pm you on here?

Super sorry for the extremely slow and late response! A massive family emergency came up, so I've been spending the past few days dealing with and recovering from that. I may still be a bit slow depending on what I might be called to help with, but I'll be doing my best to check in here when I have a moment or two.

For those interested, yes, I am entirely okay with being messaged on here.

(fuck i keep looking for a goddamned thumbs up emote and i can't fucking find one shit)

Oooh, another JoJo's fan! I can tell that you're a quality person. Say, would you be open to cooking something up with Sezja? She sounds like a lot of fun to roleplay with.

look dont talk to me about jojo right now okay
i want to watch it so bad and my dumbass friend is taking so long to come over to keep watching it and i think i might be having withdrawals orz

suuure, we can talk some deets about sezja
you wanna do that here or elsewhere?

Hey, I’d be interested in cooking up some ideas with you!

sure! what sorta stuff are you interested in?

I'm interested in discussing plots with you, but I don't have a discord or anything, can I pm you on here?

absolutely :blowkiss:

I have a few premade plots that we can alter for our characters if your interested? They are mostly romance but I also have horror plots as well! I can PM them all to you

I have a few premade plots that we can alter for our characters if your interested? They are mostly romance but I also have horror plots as well! I can PM them all to you

i'm not interested in romances as a main plot idea
if it's something that can work as a sub-plot and fits into things as we move along, sure, and horror is always an interesting tidbit to toss into the mix
at the very least i wouldn't mind hearing about the horror idea/s <thumbs up emote that rpn is lacking and it makes me sad here>

okay here they are (just click on the spoiler). First one is inspired by those deep web stories, second one is more survival based, and the third one as a mix of romance and horror.

Welcome to the Circus
Muse A and B are hackers and on the hunt looking for a red room to see if the rumor is true. They find one and at first they are sickened by it, but one of the friends eventually get addicted watching. It ruins their relationship with their families and friends, only speaking to each other .

Eventually, after getting the coruage to direct some deep web shows from one particauler red room host, the host ask if they want to join in their crimes.

((A lot of elements can be changed for this plot, was going to make more plots based around this idea, but this post might get long.))

Honey, I Think I Hired a Hitman
Muse A and B are roommates (or a couple perhaps?) with typical 9-5’s and no other friends but each other. Bored with their lives, they decided to hire a hitman on theirselves to play a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Im Your Biggest Fan
Muse A is obsessed with the talented Muse B, so much so that Muse A had a shrine for them! Muse A stalks Muse B’s media everyday and daydreams that they will be together.

But the fantasy will become reality when Muse’s A relationship triggers Muse B to do the unthinkable, kidnap Muse A!

Now with Muse A in Muse B’s possession, what will Muse B do?

okay here they are (just click on the spoiler). First one is inspired by those deep web stories, second one is more survival based, and the third one as a mix of romance and horror.

Welcome to the Circus
Muse A and B are hackers and on the hunt looking for a red room to see if the rumor is true. They find one and at first they are sickened by it, but one of the friends eventually get addicted watching. It ruins their relationship with their families and friends, only speaking to each other .

Eventually, after getting the coruage to direct some deep web shows from one particauler red room host, the host ask if they want to join in their crimes.

((A lot of elements can be changed for this plot, was going to make more plots based around this idea, but this post might get long.))

Honey, I Think I Hired a Hitman
Muse A and B are roommates (or a couple perhaps?) with typical 9-5’s and no other friends but each other. Bored with their lives, they decided to hire a hitman on theirselves to play a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Im Your Biggest Fan
Muse A is obsessed with the talented Muse B, so much so that Muse A had a shrine for them! Muse A stalks Muse B’s media everyday and daydreams that they will be together.

But the fantasy will become reality when Muse’s A relationship triggers Muse B to do the unthinkable, kidnap Muse A!

Now with Muse A in Muse B’s possession, what will Muse B do?

i'm not interested in these at this time. sorry!

i would love to hear your fantasy plot ideas because both sound fascinating. plus we can bond over a mutual obsession over jojo while we brainstorm :')

maybe this will interest you?

Unfortunately, Romance IS a main plot device in this. Fortunately, it isnt the only one. There is Action, Adventure, and Politics and really complex characters.

So drop and see if this interests you.

Hello!

Rusty RP'er here. You had me at narwhal icon-- joking, joking. I'm lazy, use Discord, and enjoyed the style of your post.

Down to swap ideas whenever!

p.s. If you have any plots, throw at me as you please~

yo I'd be down to do Medieval Fantasy, I've been looking for that for awhile. I also would not mind Mafia or Modern Fantasy, perhaps a mix of the two if we can make an appealing plot? Luxim Luxim

P.S. What do you play on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back