• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Rainy Night [Closed]

VoidWitch

Oh you know how it is
Plot: muse A is in danger. Not a sort of horror movie danger, but a much more real one. They’re a runaway from an abusive relationship, homeless and skinny and definitely ready to fight for their life. Muse B is a wealthy businessman, taking the role of CEO from their father, and is well known for being kind, if closed off. On a rainy day they cross paths, and Muse B practically forces Muse A to come stay in his house until he’s back up on his feet. Will Muse A be able to break through Muse B’s business composure. And More importantly, will Muse B be able to protect Muse A from their abuser? (Inspired by storyline by @/littlemonster on Quotev )

Muse A
Name: Julien
Appearance: green eyes, pretty short brownish-red hair, 5'10", skinny legend
Extra Info: has issues with anxiety

Muse B
Name: Sam Wellington
Looks: except he's usually clean shaved

SamWellington.jpg

Extra Information: Sam inherited Wellington Industries from his father, and is considered a quiet but intimidating businessman. Usually seen only in button up shirts and nice pants, he's thrown himself into work rather than dealing with the trauma he's faced.

Julien was sitting on a park bench to rest his legs, almost nodding off to sleep before a raindrop fell and hit him in the face. His eyes flew open, only for another raindrop to fall into his eye, causing him to snap his eyes shut again. Figuring that he should find some shelter before it started to rain more, he wiped the rain from his face and stood up from the park bench, looking around for somewhere to hide from the rain. Walking around, Julien spotted an alleyway next to a building with an overhanging roof and went over to the building. It seemed like a bar, so it probably wouldn't be busy for another couple of hours, Julien thought. Taking refuge in the alley beside the bar, Julien sat down and hugged his legs close to him in an attempt to be warmer, wishing had the foresight to at least bring a jacket or even just a sweater with him when he had run away a few nights ago.

Sam was out at a bar - not to drink, god no, he didn't drink unless he was going to get fucked up - but to meet a potential business partner for a conversation. Sam hated these sorts of outings, they tired him greately, but he had to do them to keep up his good PR. Once the conversation finally ended, Sam went out a side exit, to the alley, surprised to see someone sitting there. "hey - are you okay? Do you need help?" Sam's first thought was that the man had been attacked - maybe some drunks guys got angry or something. Wearing a crisp button up shirt and a pair of nice pants, Sam looked out of place in the alleyway they were standing in. "My name's Sam. Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked. Sam held his hands up - to show he wasn't going to try to hurt him or anything. His voice was strong, but it wasn't trying to be intimidating.

Julien had started to fall asleep again, so the sudden noise startled him and made him jump up, scrambling to stand, ready to bolt out of there if he had to. Taking a good look at the person who addressed him, they introduced themselves as Sam, it seemed that Sam meant no harm, so Julien calmed down a bit. "Uh, no, I'm fine." As soon as he stood up he had remembered why he was curled up in the first place, to try and stay warm, and his now soaked clothing was not helping him stay warm at all. He started rubbing his hands together in an attempt to stay warm, hoping that Sam would just ignore him and leave him alone. He didn't want more attention than necessary, since his clothes were starting to look dirty and run down from not being able to change in a while. And to be honest, he desperately needed a shower, which the rain helped a little, but now he was just cold and wet and stuck in an alleyway with someone he didn't know for the foreseeable future.

"Sorry - I didn't mean to scare you." Sam said when jumped up, not trying to scare him. Sam looked over the man standing infront of him, frowning when he said he was fine. He definitely didn't look fine. "Do you - have anywhere to go? it's supposed to storm pretty bad tonight. " Sam asked carefully, trying to not make him feel uncomfortable. "I'm heading home now - would you like to stay at my place tonight? I have a spare bedroom you can stay in." Sam didn't know why he was so willing to offer the man help, but he felt like it would be cruel to make him stay out here when he knew what it was going to be like.

"No, I guess I don't have anywhere to go..." Julien hadn't had to endure any particularly bad nights since he left, but he wasn't going to go back over a little storm. "But I wouldn't want to impose. I'll survive on my own... probably." He winced thinking about what he might have to go through if he couldn't find any good shelter before the rain got worse if what Sam said was true. He suddenly realized that he hadn't introduced himself yet. It felt awkward for Sam to offer him a roof over his head and yet he hadn't even given Sam his name. "My name is Julien, by the way..." He backed away a couple of steps, almost walking back into the rain that he was trying to escape from. It sank in for him that he really didn't have anywhere to go. He used to like the rain when he could look out at it from a window, or hear the light pitter-patter of rain on the roof as he's drifting off to sleep. But now it seemed anything but welcoming, and truth be told, he'd do just about anything to have someplace to go inside and stay warm. Though he was still wary about Sam's offer and wasn't about to accept it so easily.

Sam frowned when he said he had nowhere to go - Sam really did want to help, but he didn’t want to make the man uncomfortable. “Well, I live alone, so you won’t be imposing on anyone except me and I don’t mind.” He explained, with a soft shrug. Sam was stubborn when he set his mind to things, and right now the only thing on his mind was getting this man a place to stay. “It’s nice to meet you Julian.” Sam said with a nod, watching him. “I understand if you’d be uncomfortable staying with me, but at least allow me to drive you to a motel? I’d be happy to rent a room there for a few days for you.” Sam offered up. Sam had the money to do that, and he thought maybe Julian’s hang up was that he didn’t want be in a house alone with Sam. “But I’d like to know that you have somewhere warm to stay tonight, either way.”

"I would... appreciate that. But it might be more than a few days, and I really wouldn't want to make you pay for that..." Julien sighed quietly, considering his options. It was either he stayed out in the pouring rain and stay outside for who knows how long, or go to either Sam's house or a motel and get a good night's rest, at the very least. He was definitely opening up to the idea of taking Sam's offer, as the rain got worse, and Julien even started to hear some thunder. "I guess a night indoors wouldn't be so bad." He hadn't even been outside for that long, but he was already sick of it, just wanting a nice bath or something. "Alright, fine. Just.. not a motel. I don't want to make you pay for that." His shoulders relaxed, he didn't even notice that he had started to tense up. Leaning against the wall, he started to feel tired again, already looking forward to sleeping in a proper bed again.

“That’s fine, money is not really a concern of mine.” He said quickly, glancing up at the storm. He wanted Julian out of the rain really, he was a compassionate man and he was willing to do whatever was needed to make him feel comfortable. Sam nodded when he said not a motel. “Okay - I’ll take you to my house then okay? The guest bedroom has a bathroom if you’d like to shower or have a bath.” He explained, seeing how cold the man looked. “Follow me to my car okay?” He said, leading him to his very nice looking car, unlocking the doors and starting it up, turning the heat on as he pulled out of the parking spot. “For legal reasons, may I have your age and any information you think would be important for me to know in the next 24 hours?” Sam asked, his eyes on the road.

"I'm uh.. 23." Julien replied, enjoying the heat of the car as it warmed him up. "Not really sure what other information would be useful to you for... legal reasons." The familiar sense of peace that normally came to him when it rained started to return as he looked out the window. He watched as the raindrops on the window fell down below where he could see them, sometimes playing that childish game where you watch two raindrops race, a small smile appearing on his face whenever the raindrop he chose won. He hadn't felt comfortable like this in a long time, and he was just sitting in someone's car as it rained. "Thank you, by the way." He mumbled quietly, not even sure that Sam could hear it, but he wasn't going to repeat himself. As thankful as he was, he still had a shred of pride left that kept him from properly saying 'thank you'.

Sam nodded. "Alright." he said. It was a protection thing, mostly, incase this person was underage or was running from the cops, he had a defense now at least. "It's no problem." Sam responded quietly, focusing on his own thoughts now - the anxiety of having someone in his house building. He was so focused on this person in the rain, that he had missed his own anxiety building. He didn't like strangers at all, but his compassion overruled his anxiety while they were outside. "here we are." Sam said as he pulled up to an extremely nice looking house, parking inside a garage with a few other very nice cars. "Let me show you your room, and then I'll make you something to eat while you take a shower?" He offered, leading them inside

"That would be nice." Julien was still somewhat absorbing the fact that someone was nice enough to take him in, at least for a little while. And even though he was appreciative and wasn't about to run off or anything, he was a bit suspicious that Sam might want something in return for his help. Julien couldn't really think of anything specific, but he was still wary for the moment. At least Sam hasn't seemed to have any bad intentions at all yet, that was definitely a plus. But at the same time as trying to make some sense of why someone would help him, Julien was really looking forward to a nice hot shower. And especially a good night's rest, so he wasn't very concerned if anything was wanted from him at the moment.

Sam nodded, leading him to his bedroom. "Here's the room you can stay in. The bathroom is connected to the room, I'll leave you clothes to wear on the bed for when you get out." Sam said, making sure there was nothing he needed before leaving to go make some dinner. He wasn't very hungry, in all honesty, but he figured some noodles would be fine, and he was busy trying to do that in the kitchen. He had taken off his tie and unbuttoned his top couple of buttons, before stirring the pot and shifting from side to side. He had left some sweatpants and a t shirt in Julien's room for him to put on

Julien had a nice, hot shower, very much enjoying the hot water in contrast to the cold rain outside. Once he got out of the shower, he changed into the clothes Sam had left for him, leaving his dirty clothes in a neat pile on the bed since he didn't know what else to do with them. He washed his face quickly and then laid down on the bed for a bit. It was much comfier than he was used to, but he would take anything by now, so the comfy bed was just a bonus. Getting back up from the bed, he decided to go and try to find the kitchen, since he didn't really notice where it was on the way in, being as tired as he was. Once he did find the kitchen, though, he tried his best not to bother Sam as he cooked, just leaning against the wall and waiting for the food to be done so he could eat and then finally get some proper sleep.

Sam nodded to him when he walked in, finishing up up the noodles and getting two plates out, moving and putting a serving on both plates. "Do you want something to drink? I have soda, some juice, and water." Sam said, finally acknowledging Julien with words, glancing up at him as he got out the cups, getting himself some diet dr pepper and getting Julien whatever he wanted. "We can eat in the living room, my dining room table is covered in papers at the moment." He explained, letting him grab his plate and moving to the living room to sit on the couch

Julien followed Sam to the living room quietly, a bit conflicted on whether or not he was comfortable with this situation. Ok, comfortable was a bit of a stretch, he was barely even okay with the situation, since he was practically dragged here, even though he did end up agreeing to it in the end. He set his glass of water down on a table and took a few bites of his noodles, glad to have something warm to eat for a change. The couch looked comfortable but Julien didn't sit down, instead opting to lean against the wall to eat his noodles, which were half eaten already, since he was pretty much starving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back