• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Pokemon Journey

Eagleye415

Let's Talk About Life on YouTube
Ah.. the wonderful, majestic, amazing, magnificent, splendorous world of Pokemon! A world of infinite possibilities and countless adventures. Amazing creatures are taken in as pets or trained to battle on grand stages! My name is Professor Gary Oak and I've recently taken over the Pokemon Lab here in the Kanto Region. My grandfather, Samuel Oak, was the previous head here. I have been spending my life researching pokemon and making new strides in the field. But, that's enough about me! Let me hear something about you! I see that you are a (1) and that your name is (2).

gary_oak_by_shinyserebii.png

(1)A. Boy
B. Girl
(2)A. Coal/Cinder Ketchum (Ash's son or daughter)
B. Drizzle/Stormy Sensational (Misty's son or daughter)
C. Moulder/Steel Harrison (Brock's son or daughter. That is actually Brock's last name)
D. Write In

Oh! It's you, Moulder! Come closer. It's nice to see you, my boy! Couldn't say the same if it was your father. How is that old pervert? Eh. We can talk about that later. I know what you're here for a poke-

???: Hey Uncle Gary I'm here for my first pokemon!

Well if it isn't my nephew, Coal. Coal, I'm sure you are familiar with Moulder. But, there is time to chat later! Since Moulder arrived first he can pick first. If you didn't know, Moulder, we offer three different starter pokemon here at the lab. They are Charmander (A), Squirtle (B), and Bulbasaur (C). Go on ahead and pick one!

Coal: Hurry up! I really want get my first pokemon!

You walk up to the table and look at the three pokeballs. Each one has a simple crest on the front.

Which pokemon will you choose?
(A)Charmander
(B)Squirtle
(C)Bulbasaur

You pick up Squirtle's pokeball. You examine it a little closer and notice a small blue metal crest on the front in the form of a rain drop. This was a colossal moment for you. You finally had your first ever Pokemon. Your entire life was changing in an instant.

"Ah! I see you've chosen the water type Squirtle!" Gary said walking over. "I, myself, chose Squirtle as my starter. You're following in the right footsteps."

"Uncle why do I have to pick a starter? I already have my Pichu." Coal asked.

"I understand that Coal, but Pichu is.. Such a bland Pokemon. Can't you just chose Squirtle like Moulder?" Gary asked with a frown.

"No way!" Coal grumbled. "Everyone needs to stop underestimating Pichu.. But if I have to chose.. I always did admire one Pokemon my dad had." He stepped up to the table and chose Charmander.

"Charmander? Eh. I guess that's okay." Gary said with a sour look on his face. "On to the next thing!" He walked over to another table and picked up two devices. "These are Pokedexs. Machines that continue information on every Pokemon in Kanto.. Except you actually have to encounter each Pokemon to learn about them.. Seems a little counterproductive in hindsight, but oh well!"

You got a PokeDex! Cool. You add Squirtle's pokeball to your belt and put the PokeDex in your vest.

"Hey Moulder." You looked up at the call of Coal who had a grin on his face. "Wanna battle?"

(A)Yes
(B) Some other time

( Risk Risk Damafaud Damafaud )
(Choice A hath been chosen)​
"Hold it! Don't battle in my lab. There's a field out back." Gary said with a grin. He turned and lead the way. It wasn't long before you arrived on the field. It was a simple dirt field with a white outline of a Pokemon battle arena. "It's been a while seen I last saw a pokemon battle since I've been so busy.." His words drifted away along with his thoughts, but he snapped back to attention. "I don't know what it is, but the sight of you two about to battle gets my blood boiling again like I haven't felt in a long time. Let's do this thing!"

Coal smiles as he pulls out Charmander's pokeball and spun it around on the tip of his finger. "The future is now! My name is Coal Ketchum and my goal is to become the best trainer on the planet. Being a Pokemon Master is great, but I wanna be better than the rest. Let's do it!" He launched the pokeball into the air from the tip of his finger and caught it in his hand. "Charmander! I choose you!"

Coal threw his pokeball and it opened. The red energy swirled around and Charmander materialized.

You shook your head at his speech and removed your own pokeball. You open your mouth to speak...

(A) "Pft. Best trainer on the planet? Like that matters. All that matters is being the most powerful nothing else. Don't disappoint me, Squirtle."
(B) "Like I would let you be the best trainer in the world! There's no way I can let this go unchallenged. You're on! Squirtle let's go!"
(C) "Eh. You're noisy. Can we get this over with so I can sleep?"

His declaration of being the best pokemon trainer in the world was great and all, but really you weren't all that interested. Plus, that sounded like a lot of work. "Eh. You're noisy, Coal. Can we get this over with so I can sleep?" You asked in a drowsy voice. Both Gary and Coal face faulted on to the ground at your attitude. After getting back up they looked at you, you looked back with a deadpan face before you remembered something. "Oh I have to send out my poke ball right?" Your words caused them to face fault again and you smirked. You finally pulled out your poke ball and pointed it at the field in front of you. "Let's do this quickly Squirtle then we can nap!"

A red beam of light shot out of the ball and Squirtle materialized. It look around at the world and grinned widely. Then, it turned to you and smiled brightly. You reach to rub its head lightly before sending it to stand in its spot.

"Alright!" Gary said with a smile. "The following Pokemon battle is a one on one match! Whichever Pokemon is left standing will be the winner!"

This your first ever pokemon battle so let me give a brief explanation of how it will go. The Pokemon battles in this quest will be like the one's in the anime, meaning that type advantage does not always mean auto win and that it is not all about who has the biggest pokemon. Also like in the anime, you can use strategies that cannot be used in game like Froakie's frubbles. I believe that is all you need to know for now. So, what move do you wanna use?

(A)Tackle
(B)Tail Whip
(C) Water Gun
(D) Withdraw

A long ranged attack first because pokemon battle doesn't start with the pokemon separated one meter away.

C. Water Gun

"Squirtle I guess you should use Water G-" You began to say before you were interrupted by Coal's loud call of 'Charmander use Ember!'. "Dodge!"

Charmander shot multiple balls of fire out of its mouth at Squirtle who hastly dodged out of the way. The impact of the fireballs hitting the ground kicked up a little dust and Coal shouted 'Charmander use Scratch!'. You were caught off guard by his sudden start and couldn't call for Squirtle to dodge fast enough. Charmander appeared in front of Squirtle and used to Scratch to send it flying backwards. "Stay calm." You told yourself and pointed at Charmander. "Go Squirtle use Water Gun!"

Squirtle shook of the damage he got from Scratch and shot Water Gun at Charmander. Coal quickly yelled 'Charmander use Ember to meet Squirtle's Water Gun!'. Charmander quickly shot out an Ember and the two attacks collided causing steam to rise up and shroud the battlefield. You tried to make out where Charmander was and noticed Squirtle struggling to do the same. What do you do?

(A) Tell Squirtle to use Withdraw to protect itself
(B) Tell Squirtle to use Water Gun again to hopefully score a hit
(C) Order Squirtle to recklessly run into the mist using Tackle
(D) Wait it out

You couldn't see through the mist, so you opted for caution. "Squirtle use Withdraw." You ordered. Squirtle drew itself back into its shell. Within seconds of the move being used, Coal yelled 'Charmander use Ember' and fire balls flew all across the field. One of them hit Squirtle's shell, but did no damage. The mist began to clear and you could make out Charmander. "Go Squirtle! Use Tackle!" Squirtle's limbs shot out of his shell and it launched itself into Charmander hitting Tackle with full strength. Charmander cried out in pain as it flew backwards.

"No Charmander!" Coal yelled. The fire type stayed on the ground for a moment before struggling back to its feet ready to continue. "That's the spirit! We can do this!"

"This battle is becoming work." You sighed ready for the next phase.

"Charamander use Scratch!" Coal yelled pointing forward.

Charmander rushed at Squirtle eagerly trying to scratch it. But, the water type dodged deftly back and forth. Squirtle try to escape the barrage to no avail. Every time it tried to get away Charmander would catch it. What do you do?

(A) Wait the barrage out until Charmander tires.
(B) Use Water Gun
(C) Use Tail Whip

( Damafaud Damafaud Risk Risk SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird )
(I put each of your choices into a randomizer in a list of ten, so 5 A's and 5 C's. Then I ran the randomizer 5 times to see who won.)
(In a random vote Choice C beats Choice A 3-2)
You didn't know what to do. Charmander didn't seem to be tiring, but Squirtle had sweating building up as it dodged. You were trying to find a way out of this when you were struck with an idea. "Quick Squirtle! Use Tail Whip!" Squirtle dodged Charmander's next attempt at a Scratch and spun to smash its tail into Charmander's side. It was a glancing blow and Charmander held it's head with dizzy eyes. "Go Squirtle! Use Tackle!" Squirtle surged forward and rammed into Charmander. It looked like it was on it's last legs now. What do you do?

(A) Try to finish it with another Tackle
(B) Try to finish it with Water Gun
(C) Do nothing because this battle is officially too much work for you.

( Damafaud Damafaud SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird )
(I put each of your choices into a randomizer in a list of ten, so 5 B's and 5 C's. Then, I ran the randomizer 5 times to see who won.)
(In a random vote Choice B beats Choice C 4-1)​
"Squirtle finish this with Water Gun!" You yell believing that this is the end. You looked up at Coal who had a glint in his eye. Pure dread ran through your body, but before you could stop Squirtle it shot Water at Charmander.

"Now Charmander! Dodge and get close to Squirtle then use Ember!" Coal yelled raising his fist. Charmander just got out of the way of Water Gun and shot towards Squirtle. The water type tried to create space, but it was too late. Charmander fired Ember point blank range and Squirtle flew off the battlefield. A cloud of dust hid the water type from view. You could see it struggling to get up, but Coal and Charmander couldn't. What do you do?

(A) Choose to believe in Squirtle and encourage it to rise.
(B) Give up on Squirtle and accept defeat.
(C) Order Squirtle to use Water Gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back