• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Partner Search

Afterthought

Impulsive™

4.jpg

Hello.
Welcome to my thread. My name is Daffodil Inquiry, but you can call me Daffodil, Daff, or even Daffy. I've been feeling inspired lately, so I've decided to search for a few partners for some new ideas I've been mulling over in my head for the past couple of months. Specifically, I'm only looking for one partner per plot as I don't want to overwhelm myself with new rps. I will close this thread once all plots are taken.

Assuming I haven't fudged up the coding, my personal information, preferences, and plots should be listed below.
Please make sure you read the first section before contacting me! I'm not a demanding partner, I promise you, but there are some things I'm particular about.

Important Information
About Me
My range is around 3-10 paragraphs. I write in third person past tense.

I can write male and female characters. My pairing preference depends on the plot, but I can rp FxF, MxM, and MxF. However, I'm mainly looking for FxF or MxM at this time.

I enjoy writing for multiple characters, but I'm not a fan of doubling. I get bored writing the same story twice.

In regards to character appearance, I prefer realistic fcs or written descriptions as I've never been a fan of anime.

I write slowly. My schedule is honestly erratic, but I'm going to try for a reply a week. It's highly unlikely that daily replies will ever be a thing with me.

While I do like to include romance in the rp, I don't like it when it's forced. I also don't like it when it's the only thing driving the story forward. If romance between our characters happens, it has to come naturally and it has to be secondary to the plot.

Speaking of romance, I won't rp relationships with power imbalances. Our characters don't have to get along all the time, mind you, but if you're looking for abuser/abused, dominant/submissive, master/slave, etc., type relationships between characters, look elsewhere.

I prefer to rp in PMs. I like the privacy.

I won't rp anything against RPN's rules, on or off the site. Don't ask me for something like smut when you know it's not allowed.

I love to chat OOC. I have a Skype account and a Discord account available for chatting purposes, but I'm fine with keeping it on-site in a separate pm if that's more comfortable for you.

As far as character sheets go, I can make mine either simple or detailed--although, truth be told, I tend to find uniform character sheets to be a drag to write, so I might try something experimental when the time comes.​
What I'm Looking For
A partner who is 18+

A partner who can write more than one gender, who is accepting of all romantic/sexual orientations, and who can write multiple characters when the story calls for it.

A partner who can write a minimum of 3 paragraphs per reply.

A partner who is willing to chat OOC with me.

A partner who is willing to put equal effort into the story.

A partner who is patient when it comes to the time duration between replies. I'm happy to wait however long for your reply in exchange for your patience with me.

Plots
A Second Chance (Claimed)
Intended Pairing: MxM
Role Preference: Muse B

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong in Muse A’s life. They were fired from their job, evicted from their apartment because they could no longer afford rent, and they are rapidly running out of places to crash and spare cash to get by on. When a chain of incidents leaves Muse A fatally wounded, they find it is, quite frankly, the least of their problems. Compared to their growing list of debts and expenses, death is more of a minor inconvenience that doesn’t go as expected. Their demise hasn’t landed them in heaven or hell, but in an apartment with a pair of cats and Muse B as its only occupants. Muse B isn’t alive themselves; they’re undead, and now, so is Muse A.

Like Muse A, Muse B wasn't always a vampire. In fact, it's only been a few years since they were turned, and it was the circumstances in which they became a vampire that shaped the relationship they currently hold with the leader of their clan. They've never seen eye-to-eye, and between a past unforgotten and conflicting morals, it's no wonder Muse B is always assigned the most dangerous tasks. It's only a matter of time before their leader finds a way to off them, but Muse B would rather suffer final death than conform to the ways of their clan. They still cling to their humanity, which is what compels them to save Muse A's life when they find them nearly dead in the alleyway.

With the help of Muse B, Muse A has been given a second chance at life, but in Muse B's efforts, they neglected to consider the ramifications of their actions. For one, it's illegal in Muse B's clan to turn just anyone, and for two, there's no telling how Muse A will react to their sudden transformation.
Dollhouse
Intended Pairing: FxF
Role Preference: None

Muse A is a newcomer to the Lovelace family—although, it’s a bit odd, really. They’re an adult, but they’re having trouble recalling their past, or why they blacked out on the ballroom floor. They’re hardly given time to think on the matter, however, because the whole family is there, eagerly waiting to greet the latest resident of their household. According to Mr. Lovelace, they’ve been expecting Muse A’s arrival for quite some time now, and that they’re all looking forward to catching up on old times with Muse A—after all, it’s been a long time since they last visited them. Indeed, both Mr. and Mrs. Lovelace are positively radiating joy, but there’s something strained about the teenage boy’s smile, and the little girl hiding behind his leg keeps casting them nervous glances. Another family member, Muse B, is the most aloof of the bunch, preferring to observe the scene from the doorway before vanishing from the room upon catching Muse A’s eye. Mr. Lovelace is quick to dismiss Muse B’s behavior, informing Muse A that his eldest has been unwell and that it’s best to avoid them. For some reason, Muse B believes they’re human, like the Hart daughters who play with them, but he assures Muse A that this is preposterous. They are, and always have been, dolls of the Hart family, and they live by two rules:

1. Get in your place and stay still when the Hart daughters come to play.

2. Don’t leave the house at night.

Compared to Mrs. Lovelace, who sincerely believes she’s a doll, and Mr. Lovelace, who knows he isn’t a doll, but reinforces the belief regardless, Muse B feels they’re far from unwell. In fact, they might just be the sanest person in the house. They know they were human once, and they believe Vivian Hart, the grandmother of the Hart daughters who gifted the girls their dollhouse, cursed them and all the inhabitants of Lovelace Manor. They intend to break the curse and free themselves somehow, and perhaps with Muse A’s help, they’ll be successful.

If they can convince them they're telling the truth, that is.
The House in the Woods (from plotsforall, Claimed)
Intended Pairing: Either MxM or FxF
Role Preference: None

An abandoned mansion sits in the middle of the woods on the outskirts of a quiet town. For years, townspeople have told stories about the dilapidated house and the wealthy family who perished within its walls. Some say the family was murdered by possessive spirits who refused to have their land occupied by those without proper claim to it. Others say that a series of freak accidents claimed the family members one by one. A grisly fall down the stairs, a surprise electrocution in the bathtub, an unfortunate slip into the furnace. No one knows for sure what really happened in that house, nearly 50 years ago; no one has entered the mansion since it was first condemned and all residents of the town know better than to go that far in those woods. So it sits there, waiting until Muse A moves into town. When Muse A overhears the ghost stories associated with the mansion, he/she doesn’t buy a word of it. Ghosts and evil spirits are a hoax, he/she thinks. Muse B knows there’s something residing in that house, whether Muse A believes it or not. He/She’s lived in that town since he/she was born and creepy things happen when someone even sets foot near the property. Cocky and itching to prove Muse B wrong, Muse A challenges them to visit the mansion with him/her. If they spend one whole day and night in the mansion and nothing happens to them, Muse B has to admit that the superstitions are stupid. Muse B reluctantly agrees.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back