• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Partner For The Unlucky? (Ignore Tag, Plots and Fandom Inside)

Plague Doctor

Healer With a Penchant For Harm
Between a broken toe, shattered teeth, and an unexpected move, luck has not been very kind as of late. To those who have encountered my threads before and attempted partnership only to find me suddenly and inexplicably absent: I sincerely apologize. I make it my utmost priority to remain active and the circumstances of my offline life have stabilized into a fine, content existence. Finally I am prepared to return, and my hunger for detailed roleplays rumbles like thunder in the hollows of my stomach.

Allow me, if you will, to detail what you can expect from me as a roleplay partner:

• Activity -- I will be present without nearly any interruption on weekdays from 8am-4pm EST. Outside of these times, I will check RpN, but my presence will be much more sporadic. Weekends are especially busy for me given how much I travel. That said, if requested I will make an appearance on weekends even if only to drop one post.
  • Camaraderie -- OOC you and I may be as talkative as you like. Would you like to talk about your day? I'll certainly engage with you. Prefer to stick to the plots and planning? Also completely acceptable.
  • Quality -- On average I post anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs of content. This can vary significantly based on the situation and that which I am provided. I will always provide the best possible grammar I can, though as I am still human mistakes will occur from time to time.
  • Collaboration -- Do you have ideas that are similar to what you find listed below? Do you have a plot you'd like to run by me because I may be a good fit? Would you like to see certain canonical things bent or changed in your favorite fandom? Feel free to tell me! I greatly enjoy collaboration, and I love finding compromise. My greatest goal is that we both enjoy the RP we craft together.
  • Flexibility --  I can double (though I don't always enjoy it), and I can play most genders and orientations, so feel free to make a request. I prefer  to play male characters and MxF pairings but please do not let this deter you. Good writing is made of all combinations and must always be considered.
  • Understanding -- Simply put: life happens. This is true for myself and for you I wager, and will always try to warn you of an impending disappearance or hiatus. 
  • Maturity -- I have been roleplaying for fifteen years, needless to say I am over eighteen years of age. No topic or content is taboo in my book. As mentioned earlier, good writing comes from variety and flavor; sometimes taboo is a good spice!
  • Versatility -- I am available on many different mediums to roleplay if you'd like to roleplay off of RpN for any reason. Simply ask and we can most certainly work out an alternative method for your convenience.

Now that you've gone through my little résumé, allow me to list what I expect/prefer in my partners:

• Activity -- I don't expect you to be present as frequently as I am, but I would enjoy a post a day minimum for at least Monday through Friday. 
  • Quality -- I firmly believe that the length of a post is not indicative of it's quality. That said, I doubt one or two lines will provide the necessary amount of information to convey any real sort of detail. I son't expect the Iliad in my inbox every day, but please exercise some creative fortitude!
  • Maturity -- I would ask that all of my partners be eighteen years of age or older. Not to say that young writers are incapable, but due to recent circumstance I will not accept anyone under the aforementioned age.
  • Flexibility -- I would appreciate a partner who is willing to play original characters with canon characters. If the way to facilitate this is doubling, then I will do so. I enjoy playing with the canonical timeline and events, someone equally willing to toy with their favorite fandoms would be most welcome.
  • Understanding -- As mentioned above: life happens, and it does so suddenly and with rampant disregard for your plans. I understand this better than anyone due to several consecutive mishaps over the previous several years. If you need to hiatus, disappear, or simply do not enjoy that which we've built, let me know! There are no hard feelings, enjoyment for both people is key. If we can't work something out, we will part amicably.
  • Detail -- As much as I hope you include detail in your writing, I also expect that you know how to pay attention to them. All too often do partners simply read the list of pairings and fandoms at the bottom of a post without any regard for what I will provide and what I will expect. If you have truly gone through and agree with all I have written so far, please put the underlined word from this 'Detail' section in your reply. Thank you.

Now that we have all of that out of the way, let us get to business. My RP listings will come in three sections: fandom, original pairing, and plots. Please sift through at your leisure and let me know in a thread reply what you would be interested in.

Fandom  -- Italics indicate a particularly craved item. Underline indicates the role I prefer.

• Destiny

Eris x OC Guardian
  • OC Guardian x OC Guardian
  • Queen of the Reef x OC Guardian
  • OC Guardian x Cayde-6

[*]Final Fantasy X/X-2

• Rikku x OC
  • Lulu x OC
  • Tidus x OC

[*]Tera

• Castanic x Human
  • Human x Elf
  • Elf x Castanic
  • Elin x Human

[*]League of Legends

• Zed x OC
  • Shyvana x OC
  • Talon x OC
  • OC x Riven
  • Syndra x Zed
  • Syndra x OC

[*]Halo

• Palmer x OC Spartan
  • John x Linda
  • John x Kelly
  • Vale x OC Spartan

[*]Starcraft

• Ghost x Marine
  • Spectre x Marine
  • Spectre x Marine

[*]Fallout 4

• F!Player Character x OC
  • M!Player Character x OC
  • OC x OC

[*]Skyrim

• Dragonborn x OC

[*] Overwatch

• Mercy x OC
  • OC x D.Va
  • Reaper x Widowmaker
  • Soldier 76 x OC
  • OC x Pharah
  • Soldier 76 x Ana

[*]Naruto

• Naruto x OC
  • OC x Hinata
  • Naturo x Sakura
  • Temari x OC

[*]Mirai Nikki

• Yukiteru x Tsubaki
  • Yuno x OC
  • OC x Tsubaki

[*]Resident Evil

• Jill Valentine x Chris Redfield
  • Rebecca Chambers x Chris Redfield
  • OC x Rebecca Chambers
  • OC x Jill Valentine

[*]Sword Art Online

• Kirito x Sinon
  • OC x Sinon
  • OC x Suguha

[*]Dark Souls III

• Firekeeper x Unknindled
  • Karla x Unkindled
  • Unkindled x Unkindled
  • M!Anri x Unkindled

[*]Bloodborne

• Hunter x Hunter
  • Doll x Hunter
  • Bloody Crow of Cainhurst x Hunter
  • Queen Annalise x Hunter
  • Young Eileen the Crow x Hunter
  • Lady Maria x Hunter

[*]Fire Emblem: Awakening

• Chrom x Cordelia
  • Tharja x OC
  • Gregor x Sully

[*]Metal Gear Solid Franchise

• Quiet x OC
  • Snake x Eva
  • Meryl x OC
  • Haven Trooper x OC Soldier
  • Any B&B Corps x Snake
  • Any B&B Corps x OC

[*]Marvel

• Please see **NOTE at bottom of post.

[*]Neon Genesis Evangelion

• Asuka x OC
  • Mari x OC
  • OC x Misato
  • Shinji x Mari
  • Shinji x Maya Ibuki

Original Pairings

• Sci-Fi

Human x Alien
  • AI x Human
  • Soldier x Scientist
  • Pilot x Pilot
  • Cyborg/Android x Human

[*]Modern

• Human x Anthropomorphic Creature
  • Human x Monster
  • Human x Demon
  • Human x Demon
  • Hunter x Ghost
  • Super Star x Bodyguard
  • Private Investigator x Witch Doctor
  • Vampire x Reaper
  • Soldier x Soldier
  • Soldier x Experiment
  • Soldier x Experiment

[*]Medieval

• Knight x Knight
  • Shipwrecked Soldier x Native
  • Elf x Human
  • Dragon x Human
  • Dragon x Human
  • Scientist x Magical Creature
  • Dark Elf x Human
  • Monster x Monster Slayer
  • Knight x Demon

Plots

• A Sticky Situation -- Slime creatures often take humanoid forms, though the reason is unknown. Scholars of the age believe they do so to mimic the humans they have seen, others believe they are an early divergent of humanity's pure essence. In the Dark Ages, slimes were feared by the population due to the belief they fed on human essence. This has since been disproven, though the stigma towards slimes remain as they are exceptionally strong, fast, and immune to raw strength. In the recent age, slimes have been discovered to contain rare chemical compounds that while inert provide unbelievably potent and efficient fuel when run through an essence boiler. The traditional process of harvesting this material is slow due to needing to harvest the slime's excreted waste compounds and the sheer demand for this new fuel is staggering. Poachers have taken to killing slimes using special Lysil-lined blades and Lysil-coated armor to sell the fresh slime wholesale to energy companies. Academic study believes slimes are intelligent creatures, fully sentient and sapient despite no hard evidence of a physical society. Despite this, some still push for harvesting of living slime. After a massive landmark court case, it was decreed illegal to poach slimes and special Rangers were posted throughout slime territory to keep poachers and private military forces from harvesting them. One Ranger finds themselves in far deeper then they could ever imagine when they discover a large mercenary force preparing for the largest slime-poaching operation ever witnessed. Even the slimes appear to be growing restless. (Ranger x Slime Creature)
  • Artificial Ever After -- A young man is in a horrible car accident and suffers terrible bodily damage. Such cases are often fitted to a new technology known as "Afterlife" where an extremely advanced AI acts as a virtual guide to building the victim's afterlife in virtual reality. If the victim dies, their mind lives on in the Afterlife system forever. As AI helps the victim tailor a new life in virtual reality, they find that what the victim desires most is a life of adventure and eventually, romance. Through their adventures the AI finds themselves developing very human feelings toward their charge. (Victim x AI)
  • Not Quite Useless -- In the future there is war between mankind and aliens the likes of which we could never understand. Advanced technology allows the advent of mechanical armored suits similar to mecha. The first generation of these suits dubbed CORSAIR's managed to halt the genocidal advance of the enemy and bring the war to a stalemate. As the years wore on, ace pilots rose to the top as humanity's best hope for survival. Behind the scenes things grow dire as resources dwindle, able-bodied troopers are depleted, and morale runs low. The second generation of mech suits are rolled out as the endwar strategy. Dubbed ARDATI, these suits interface with the pilots neural network directly and sport a host of new features. Disaster strikes when it is discovered that not all people are compatible with the interface. New pilots die trying to maneuver their suits in simple testing. Even those that can successfully manage to pilot the ARDATI suffer terrible neural load --in short, it still kills them... just more slowly. On the advent of a renowned ace pilot's test, the xeno menace mounts an attack on the colony and the transport moving the ARDATI suit is shot down. The suit is discovered by a lowly infantry soldier who has perhaps the most terrible aptitudes for piloting possible... save that they are compatible with the suit. (Infantry Soldier x Ace Pilot)

*NOTE: I am extremely interested in roleplaying in the Marvel universe, but unfortunately I know little more than the movies about it! The fandom is so large and daunting I've no idea where to start! I desperately need a partner willing to RP with a Marvel nooblet. I would love to learn about the setting through RP with some of the characters. If you are patient, fun, and love Marvel, please feel free to respond to this thread!

Thank you everyone for reading, and I hope to hear from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'd be interested in any of the following original pairings that you mentioned: Scientist x magical creature, Pilot x Pilot (Maybe a Pacific Rim type of world for this one?), Human x Alien, Cyborg x Human.. PM me if interested:)

Hey! I'd be interested in Artificial Ever After. I hope that you still have a craving for this and if so please shoot me a Pm!

Thanks!

Hihi!

I would be interested in roleplaying with you! I hope you feel the same.

Any of the following would be fine with me and these have caught my attention.

Elin x Human

Mercy x OC

OC x D.va

Any of the SAO pairings

And the Fire Emblem stuff did catch my eye, but I'm not really interested in the pairings listed. If there are any other you are willing to do, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there! I'm interested the superstar x bodyguard pairing! You definitely seem like someone I'd like to roleplay with. Let me know if you want to give it a try, I hope to hear from you! :)  

Forgive the sarcastic tone (I tend to not ask for permission but only forgiveness) but I think to anyone with half a brain they'd see the pattern of the responses, and conclude there is a certain underlined word that needed be uttered. Or at least I'd /hope/ so. For better results, try something that requires a more random response. -shrug-

In any amount, I have interest in the worlds you offer, but not so much the pairings. Tragic. There are a couple I can probably get behind with the right plot.

The Naruto x OC one.

Quiet x OC 

Sci-Fi Pilot x Pilot .....(if only for any reason because I was a pilot) 

Human X Demon (Where I'd play the Demon..ACTUALLY lied, very interested in that one.)

Modern

Soldier x Soldier (if instead I could play a Marine or someone in the Navy) Really interested in that.

Shipwrecked Soldier x  Native is actually interesting to.

TAKE FROM THIS WHAT YOU PLEASE. I'm sleepy.

Hey, if you're still looking I've been wanting to do a medieval fantasy type RP for a while and I am so down with the Elf x Human medieval pairing. Or any of those pairings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back