• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Partner for a LONG Quest

Kiroshiven

Shadow Cursed
So, let me start off here by saying that this is my first partner search, so excuse the rough edges of this. First and foremost I'm a 24 year old male and I go by Kiro. That's not my real name, but I would prefer you call me that. Secondly I have a varying style of length for my posts, but I do like to write in paragraphs, usually 1-3 because it's not overbearing but still leaves plenty to work with, in my opinion, to create a solid response. I'm a native English speaker and fail at any other languages because I have to use the almighty internet as my translator. My favorite genres are fantasy and sci-fi and if I have a choice I will avoid playing a human because I just find them generally boring.

I have a few preferences and I know this is going to be very direct, but I have to say this here otherwise the RP's won't go very far and they will end in a lot of disheartening interactions.

First of all: This is an adventure RP that will have several characters in the beginning being involved and then left for some time. They will come up again later on and I'll be happy to discuss when with whomever I'm writing this along side. However, this also means that creating multiple people will be necessary. I will be creating some and you can create some I have no problems discussing this with you as I want this to be enjoyable for everyone involved.

Secondly: I do plan on having some romantic subplots involved. I am open to how these play out as it will open my eyes to new ideas for the story. I like creative outlooks that I hadn't thought of before. It's what being a writer and working with another is all about. It makes life fun.

Thirdly: Even in dialogue I would like more than one line. I hate to be that annoying Alfred that says this, but I just cannot handle a one line response after I write a paragraph or two. It feels like you're disrespecting the effort I put in. That may not be your intention and I may just be taking it too personally, but if I write a paragraph PLEASE write me one in response. If you're having writer's block I'll gladly help try and stimulate your creativity.

Fourthly: I have an overarcing story. This may be a deal breaker for you and if it is, I'm sorry. There is an ending in mind for this story. There are several things that are GOING to happen because I've got them set in my mind for the way the story will progress. These major events are necessary and non-negotiable. If you show interest, I will tell you what they are and go from there.

Fifth (I apologize for how many there are of these): One of my characters is the main hero that will be involved from beginning to end. This may also be a deal breaker as the first rule puts my partner at a disadvantage. However, after the first third of the story is done, there will be plenty of characters that are permanent additions to the cast. Again, we will talk about this and so forth. 

Lastly: I need you to be willing to talk with me OOC about the RP. I know some people don't like this for some reason. As I stated earlier, I want this to be fun for both of us. That means I need to know if you're frustrated, irritated or flat out unhappy. If this is the case and you wish to end the RP, let me know and we can end it. I'm not going to try and drag you kicking and screaming through this like your mother did clothes shopping when you were younger. (Just the only analogy I could come up with.)

Okay, have you read everything this far? If so please put in white font at the end of your reply what your favorite fantasy creature is, if I see this I will like your post and you will know that you've caught my attention. Now to the good stuff. I'm currently working on a novel, however, I find myself uninspired and moping about to get it done. I have the first couple of chapters written. Within the spoiler below, you will find the opening chapter. Afterwards, I will explain the gist of the story. I just want to write even some of it along side someone to inspire me again. 

The History

“Long long ago, the world was shrouded in nothing but water. There was no land, no life, nothing but endless still ocean. The gods looked down upon the land and felt as empty as it was. They decided that if they were going to rule over a land they would make it one of beauty and serenity.

So the gods began to slave away at the world. They worked tirelessly for days to create land. But that wasn’t enough. As they looked about the barren brown and blue world, it still left them feeling a pit of emptiness within them. So they continued with their progression.

The gods decided that arguing constantly over one aspect would pose a problem and thus they broke off into two major sides, the gods of darkness and the gods of light. It was the job of the gods of light to breathe life into the world; give it things that would make it feel warm and inviting. The gods of darkness were to forge the land and make it hospitable to a wide array of creatures that the gods of light created.

Weeks dragged by and the gods finished what they set out to do. They had created a beautiful landscape with countless varieties of locales, from the deepest of seas to the tallest of mountains and the most desolate of deserts to the most verdant of forests. The gods felt a sense of pride in their creations, but alas that only gave them happiness for a short period of time. It soon returned to that hollow feeling. The world was beautiful, but who would enjoy it on their behalf?

The gods decided that they would make beings for this world. However, arguments broke out among the gods. The gods of light wanted to create beings that had purity and would improve on the world in ways they couldn’t imagine, the gods of darkness wanted to make creatures that would be a part of it. Their arguments lasted for weeks until they agreed to treat it the same as when they forged the world to begin with. So the gods began to work separately.

Both sides tried numerous attempts to create a suitable creation for the world. They were met with countless “failures”. They created mindless animals that lived within the world, birds, dogs, bears, and fish to name a few. Nothing they did was enough. That is until the six gods of darkness broke off as individuals due to their arguments and the gods of light broke into three pairs. That was when life TRULY began.

The gods of light created three races that would represent their addition to this world. The first were humans. Creatures with none of their blessings, but the ability to adapt and overcome any obstacle the world threw at them. The second were the wood elves. A bit more magical, they worked with the world to surpass it and reach a higher plane of existence than that of humans. The last race they created was called the high elf. Similar to the wood elves, the high elves were more in tune with nature than either of its brethren; however, the two gods responsible for their creation gave them an aptitude for magic. They quickly gained fame for healing and shielding those they cared for.

The gods of darkness, on the other hand, created seven beings of tremendous power and terrifying ability. The first to come were the goblins: small creatures that formed hordes and had a knack for using the land to destroy itself. The second to form were the trolls. They were unintelligent creatures with immense strength and larger than any other race to date. Next came the ogres, they were slightly smaller than the trolls, but vastly more intelligent. They were greatly similar to humans in their resilience and adaptability.

Fourth that came were the kitsune, they looked human in most regards, but showed a distinction in their fox-like ears and tails. They were the first dark creature to have some aptitude for magic, though they mostly used it for trickery and torment. The arachne were the creatures that soon followed the kitsune. Born from the same god as the kitsune, the arachne looked human from the waist up, but they had the bodies of spiders instead. They too had some magical prowess and used it to improve their own lifestyles to a higher state than the other species.

Sixth came the harpies. A species that one of the gods of darkness based entirely off the idea of the arachne and kitsune. Their god created them with wings instead of arms and powerful birdlike legs with talons instead of feet. They quickly took over the sky and became a danger to most of the races. Then lastly came the giants. They were based off the idea of humans, except made massive in size. Each one stood nearly twenty feet tall, but their god wasn’t the brightest of the dark gods and thus couldn’t grant them much more than a basic intelligence found within the goblins.

With all their creations released upon the land, the gods watched as they all grew adapted and survived in the world. They were proud to watch as the creatures they created worshipped them and thanked them for everything. However, peace wouldn’t last forever.

As each race came into contact with another, they saw each as a threat. The arachne were spiderlike and that frightened the humans. The trolls were too savage for high elves. Goblins destroyed too much for wood elves to put up with. The harpies and the giants terrorized all. Soon enough all ten races were at war with one another and the gods had to think of a way to stop them from destroying the world that they had put so much effort into creating.

They decided to create one more race. A race that was so powerful that none of the other tribes could stand against them and would be able to force them to submit. They succeeded and named these beings, dragons. The dragons brought down everything that tried to harm them. They were nearly immune to magic and anything the others made and in no time had all ten scrambling to unite against them, but the dragons were still one of the gods’ creations and they wouldn’t let them be killed.

To quell the roaring battles, a god of light and darkness created a species all on their own. It would be a race that looked like and had the magical affinity of the elves, but held the raw power and strength of the ogres. Combined together the two gave birth to the dark elves. These beings were the first ever true child of darkness and light.

At the appearance of the dark elves, both sides took to destroying them, but the dark elves survived under the leadership of one particular elf. His name was Torin Sah’Fenal. He led his people into a mountain range and helped them form a home where they could fend off any enemy. Torin, seeing the world in such disarray, asked the gods to grant him the power of a dragon so that he could help lead even them to peace.

The gods smiled down and granted Torin that power. They gave him the soul of a dragon and helped his power grow exponentially. With it, he confronted the high dragon and battled against it. The battle supposedly lasted an entire day before Torin finally made the dragon submit. After obtaining the alliance of the dragons, Torin started to bring the tribes together one by one until all of the species knelt before him. He was a hero, the man that united all together, without killing a single person.

Time, however, isn’t as kind to its heroes as their followers. Eventually, Torin died and tales of his bravery slipped into legend. Without their leader, the dark elves were feared and eventually turned on by the creations of light and forced into slavery. The creations of darkness fled to another part of the world, if the dark elves were prisoners to the light, they stood no chance. And the dragons, they disappeared into the mountains, removing themselves, until someone worthy would come and seek their aide once again. And that, young Thaelyn, is the story of dark elves and how we are what we are today.” The old man ran his fingers through the young child’s head at the end of his tale.

“But if Torin had the soul of a dragon, wouldn’t he have lived forever much like them?”

“Sadly, his body was still elven. And thus, he would die in time just like us. He just lived a lot longer than any other.” The old man looked at the dejected child and smirked. “However, his soul isn’t gone. It’s believed that one day, Torin’s soul will be born into another dark elf, one of his descendants to be precise and that he will free the dark elves from their suffering and usher in a new era of peace amongst the twelve races once more.”

“Do you think I could be the next dragon soul hero Ranyu?”

“Maybe, but you’ll have to work hard. Heroes don’t get the lap of luxury. Even Torin had to struggle to reach the point that he did long ago.”

“Sure, but I know that if I try, I’ll be able to bring peace to this world and help everyone.”

“That’s a tall order, but keep that dream alive young Thaelyn. It’s good to have dreams. Now get some rest, we have a lot to do for our master tomorrow.”

“Okay~” Thaelyn chided happily as he climbed under the thin rags that made up his blanket. “Thanks for telling me the story of Thorin again Ranyu. It’s my favorite.” The young dark elf closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

Running his fingers through the boy’s snow white hair, Ranyu smiled. “It’s been a long time since a dark elf was born with white hair, hasn’t it,” Ranyu paused as he looked through the opening in the ceiling. “Thorin?”

As you can likely guess, Thaelyn is one of my characters and will be the one that's involved throughout the story. It is his tale as he leaves behind the life of being a slave to experience the world, grow to become a king, and reunite the races of the world in peace. That's the short version. Obviously, there is more to it than that and I will explain more if you are interested in working on this with me.

As for other RP's, if you have any plot idea, please bring them forward. I am always up for another RP. However, the above one is my preferred story line. I don't do fandoms and all romances will either be FxF or MxF as I find myself very uncomfortable with MxM. Sorry if that offends anyone, I just don't understand it. As for FxF I'm not that experienced with writing it so I may ask a few questions regarding it.

Now at the end of my ridiculously long post, I would like to thank anyone that reads this long monologue. Even if you don't like the idea and leave, it's appreciated that you took the time to read this. So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. For those of you that are interested, you know what to do. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a good one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ey there ^^ I am interested in giving this a shot ^^ ... fire elf.

Ah! I'm interested in this idea.....[COLOR= rgb(250, 235, 215)] kistune[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back