Journal A New Beginning?

jaylen

Gamer Girl
Dear user,

A lot has changed in just a few weeks. I came to the realization that the person I was dating was very bad for me and if I didn't leave, he'd end up pulling me down with him. For all his faults, he was relatively cool, but he was still a boy and I'm growing up. My time for games is limited and boys don't make the cut anymore. He is a very broken boy and while I wish I could fix him, I know I can't. It's not my responsibility to do so. Because of this, I now walk to school. 40 minutes of listening to music and walking are actually pretty nice. Though it'd be better if I didn't live in a crappy area. Thankfully, the creeps retreat by 6am. I would take the bus but it's so crowded and loud... and if I have some money to take with me on my walk I can stop by Starbucks and get a coffee. It's really nice and pleasing. My legs do hurt from walking though.

My mom and step-dad are getting a divorce. A part of me has known it would happen for years but now that it's happening, it's pretty strange. My mom has already filled out the paperwork and soon enough, she'll just be a single mom again. With my help of course. I'm not opposed to the divorce. I never thought they were a great match to begin with and my mom has always been suspicious of his behavior. Besides, even if I was, I would have no right to say so. I don't mind losing my supposed father figure. I was never that close to him to begin with, despite him having been around for almost 16 years. The power of not getting close, lol. My mom is taking it harshly though and it's obvious to me, though I think she's trying to hide it. My sister doesn't really know what it all means but I'm sure she'll be fine.

Another thing that happened is he came back. My best friend, Zen. He messaged me one day out of the blue because he needed someone to vent to and when his girlfriend wasn't able to be there, he turned to me. That means a lot if you think about it. We've been messaging a bit since then. We're both rather busy so we don't have all the time in the world to spend on each other but I don't mind that much. Talking to him even once a week is fine by me. I guess that's to be expected when the person you're referring to is the only person who knows everything about you and you're closest with. I hope we can be the best friends we once were. He wants the same thing.

So perhaps this is all the start of a new beginning. Only one way to find out.

Sincerely,
Jaylen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back