• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Nation In Havoc OOC (2.0)

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin What injuries did Raimi suffer exactly? Cause I'm gonna have to bs me some field medicine in my next post.

She took an arrow to the left shoulder from the front. It got stuck there. She snapped the point off the back before pulling the shaft out herself. Pulling it out allowed her more range of movement in the moment, but also caused it to bleed more heavily, like pulling a cork out of a bottle so the stuff inside could leak out. This injury by itself wasn't life threatening besides the blood loss, but it probably damaged some important muscles. I think she'll have difficulty moving her left arm for a while until it heals.

She was also stabbed in the right side with a concealable hunting knife--not necessarily a huge one, small enough to hide on one's person, but big enough to do some damage. It was about midway between her shoulder and her pelvis, near the top of her gut and just below her rib cage. It went in pretty deep, though it wasn't specified whether it seriously damaged anything internally or not. The biggest problem is that her wounds, especially the one in her side, bled very profusely, so she passed out from blood loss. She used strips of her cloak to hastily wrap around her torso and shoulder to mitigate the blood loss long enough to deal with her assailant, but this was not especially well done because she was in a hurry and in blinding pain when she was doing it. I don't know much about medicine myself, but I do imagine she's going to be fairly dehydrated and, consequently, abnormally thirsty when she eventually wakes.

That's about all I got. Any more specific details or technicalities of such hypothetical injuries, I entrust to you.

Also, neither of those Discord links are working for me.

Ayo guys, my schedule's been back up and I can't continue posting ;–;

It was great being part of the universe again, but alas my must withdraw back into the realms of having too much shit to do. Love y'all.

Ayo guys, my schedule's been back up and I can't continue posting ;–;

It was great being part of the universe again, but alas my must withdraw back into the realms of having too much shit to do. Love y'all.
Sorry man. Feel free to come back if you ever can.

You know what this means? The last time we saw Sam he was dragging a woman’s body into the woods.

And we never saw them again.

Hi! So, I recently made a character in the CS (although I'm going to alter a couple things about her and maybe shift her focus to medical alchemy more than physical injury, just because of who seems to be really active. Honestly, I feel kinda dumb now- I made her to be different from the other elves, but she basically serves the same purpose as Ambrose.) A couple questions- one, is she okay and can I use her? Two, if yes, how would I get her into the rp? Thank you! Also, I'm afraid I can't use discord due to tech problems- would it be possible to just update me on big decisions here?

You'll have to wait for TCW or HoD to okay the character, but I can fill you in with regards to current plot and maybe give you an idea where to start.

So, basically, the City of Dalania's been conquered by the evil wizard Kruziik, his cult of followers, and an army of goblins and orcs. He killed the king and massacred the citizens of the city with a magical volcanic eruption. The king's daughter, Nia, took the magical sword passed down in her family and fled the city with the help of a group of unlikely companions. The group that helped her out consists of our characters, all of whom have plot lines of their own in various states of ongoing development. The group is presently just outside the city, preparing to flee and trying to figure out what to do next.

The current plan (subject to change) is to split the group, and our story, into two arcs.

The first arc involves some of our group attempting to travel to Calcia by way of Askary with the purpose of enlisting military and political aid in reclaiming the city from Kruziik. This group, for now, is planned to consist of Nia, Armandio, Decius, and Ambrose. Characters who are already in Askary, notably Silas and Abbadanzio, will also eventually interact with this group in some capacity, though it isn't totally clear how yet. Everything is still in the planning stages, but notable plot things planned here include the dwarves of the Red Mountain trying to try Nia as a witch and political upheaval in Askary by Kruziik's minions to try and conquer it as they did Dalania.

The second group is going to go into Fenwood. This would consist of only Raimi and Gavin to start. Another character, Esen, is already in Fenwood and will eventually collide with this group in some fashion. There are fewer plot points planned out along this route, but at the very least, Raimi needs to return to her family's farm and see if they survived the volcano. After that, they'll move into Fenwood proper and we'll see where things go from there.

Two other characters, Jenny and Lillian, are kind of in limbo right now because their authors have been MIA. I assume Jenny would be on the Askary route because she's following Nia, though her author never expressed a preference. Lilian is already in Fenwood, so if her author comes back, that's the route she's on.

So, yeah, that's about it for plot. As to how to introduce your character, if I read correctly, she studied in Askary but is currently in Fenwood, right? Seems like you have some liberty to pick whichever route is more interesting to you and have your character start there, though we could certainly use some more folks on Team Fenwood.

Hi! So, I recently made a character in the CS (although I'm going to alter a couple things about her and maybe shift her focus to medical alchemy more than physical injury, just because of who seems to be really active. Honestly, I feel kinda dumb now- I made her to be different from the other elves, but she basically serves the same purpose as Ambrose.) A couple questions- one, is she okay and can I use her? Two, if yes, how would I get her into the rp? Thank you! Also, I'm afraid I can't use discord due to tech problems- would it be possible to just update me on big decisions here?
Yeah she good. Although Ambrose isn't Really a doctor by any means, personally we could use someone else who does it.

Technically, he's probably not a cerified doctor- or at least, if he is licensed, he probably lied to get it. He's definitely smart enough, but I highly doubt he'd ever swear the Hippocractic Oath and mean it. I get the feeling that if Elethia ever meets him, she won't be a huge fan (but that probably has a bit more to do with Elethia than Ambrose, in all honesty). In a greater sense, how do you guys feel about Less Than Stellar inter-team relations? Because my character has a very good reason to hate Darius, and a less good reason to dislike Ambrose.

If Spartan says he’s technically a real doctor, he’s technically a real doctor. Your character can feel however they want to feel, as long as you’re willing to live with the repercussions.

Technically, he's probably not a cerified doctor- or at least, if he is licensed, he probably lied to get it. He's definitely smart enough, but I highly doubt he'd ever swear the Hippocractic Oath and mean it. I get the feeling that if Elethia ever meets him, she won't be a huge fan (but that probably has a bit more to do with Elethia than Ambrose, in all honesty). In a greater sense, how do you guys feel about Less Than Stellar inter-team relations? Because my character has a very good reason to hate Darius, and a less good reason to dislike Ambrose.
I'm ok with it. Give chance for Nia to be the peacekeeper.

Or try to at least

Okay, sorry! I won't do that again. And I'm sure there will be repercussions for fighting with characters, but I feel like that's important. Consequences help characters grow, right? I'm also down with anyone trying to make peace, I just feel like tensions between characters who are technically "on the same side" would be fun.

There've already been a few situations with less-than-stellar inter-team relations. Jenny and Raimi butt heads to begin with and Decius and Ambrose are still pretty icy with one another (though I don't think Ambrose really likes anyone, so it's anyone's guess whether he dislikes Decius more than he typically dislikes everyone else).

Worth noting, though, that, as things are, your character would meet neither Decius nor Ambrose to have problems with them if you stuck on the Fenwood path. Unless one or the other decides to go to Fenwood instead. So does that mean you're more interested in going to Askary?

Also, I second HoD's point that having a medical professional on each team is a pretty good idea. Also interesting to have two in this case because each of them seems to have a very different reason for being in medicine, different approaches to it, and much different perspectives on it.

Last edited:
He's a 100% actual legit doctor. He just got into the funny business several years back.

I'm also all about in-team friction. Hell, Ambrose basically clashes with pretty much everyone.

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin Honestly, I probably should go to Fenwood simply because the Askary team already has a healer. Lillian's a healer, but she's more of an alchemist as far as I can tell. It's just really something I want to do and I've been in roleplays before where it hasn't really gone over well when my character didn't like someone. Also cause I just really want to write a scene with the line, "you're working with him?"

Thank you for your patience with me. This is the first rp I've been in that's actually gotten past the first few posts, so I'm a little nervous.

Hey, you'll do fine. No need to be nervous. It's just a game at the end of the day. We're trying to have a little fun, not write Shakespeare.

Not sure what your plans are, but if you are going with Fenwood and wanted to start working on something right away, I would PM AugmentedSpartan about what he has going on in Fenwood right now so you can figure out where to fit your girl in. He and Kisaki were working on a plot that my character and whoever else went to Fenwood were going to walk into when we got there.

Alternatively, you could have your character meet the main group on the road and give her a reason to stick around, if she's presently in Dalania. Your call how you want to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back