• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Nation In Havoc (2.0)

Decius sighed. He knew that this bear thing was going to get old quick and start annoying him. He was mildly amused at her two descriptions of a bear though, especially with her comparing him to a "big cuddly teddy bear in disguise." He laughed a little bit as she referred to him as "the lord of fur and loud roars". Her being there and her silly attitude had definitely lightened up his mood. He slightly loosened his grip on his axe. Now his hold on it seemed much more natural. "Oh yes, my spiky shoulder guards, giant axe and the people I've killed definitely scream cuddly." His mention of him killing people definitely did make the conversation a tad darker considering he took it from cute bears hugging people to soldiers getting slaughtered. He then decided to lighten the mood a little bit further . "Whatever you are calling me, I'll have you know that you just missed out on a free breakfast with the lord of fuzzy naps."

Nia watched all the people with a happy smile o her face. Which eventually faded as she looked over to her father. "Father?" he looked her way "yes?" "Are we going to give a speech?" The king smiled "No my dear. You will be giving the speech this time. Well, after I do the intro" He smirked, it was high time she start assuming her role as future queen."waht...." Nia felt an immense pressure on her pile on all at once. She might even faint! Oh boy. Here we go. First big speech of her life. (dammit, that also means I have to write a speech... fuk) Nia closed her eyes, and started to think of what to say.

Rae considered The Bear's comments about the people he'd killed. A smarter person might have been intimidated; she might have stopped talking to the man and walked away to save her own skin, or at least stopped openly provoking the self-proclaimed killer. In fact, a smarter person might never have approached him to begin with for his size or his very scary looking axe that probably weighed as much as she did.

But, well, Raimi had a feeling Decius wasn't quite the nasty piece of work his comments, perpetual scowl, and his prickly attitude might suggest. He'd done a number on the Brazen Fox's common room, true, and he'd probably gotten into his share of barfights, she was sure, but, unless someone died of alcohol poisoning later on, the man never actually murdered anyone in cold blood that night even though he probably could have easily. That suggested he had something resembling a conscience. Or, if not that, at least he had some limited form of impulse control.

Also, he'd gone out of his way to give her free potatoes yesterday and he'd bought her wares. In her (admittedly limited) experience, people who gave you free food and gave you money for stuff were generally okay people.

For all these reasons, Rae suddenly decided that The Bear wasn't so bad. Others might have the good sense to be less trusting of the seven foot tall self-avowed murderer with the scary armor and the demonic-looking axe, but Rae's instincts told her he was alright and her instincts had rarely failed her.

She addressed his "killer" comments: "Even the cuddliest of teddy bears can have sharp-lookin' claws, Sir Roars-a-Lot. He might even use 'em from time to time. Don't mean he ain't a big, squishy teddy bear" she said with a smile and a tone of voice sickly sweet enough to rot Decius's teeth right out of his mouth.

It was then that she noticed the princess begin to stand and make her way to the middle of the tourney grounds. A look of nervousness had replaced her earlier look of elation. She was about to give some sort of speech, Rae supposed.

"Hey, Bear, be quiet!" she said and elbowed him good-naturedly in the ribs, willfully ignoring the fact that she'd been the one just talking. "The princess is about to say something!"

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Last edited:
Kruziik watched as the princess moved up to give a speech, one he knew she wasn't prepared for. He knew because her face when her father told her about it was absolutely priceless. He pulled a metal ball out of his cloak and tossed it over her head where it floated, and a nearly invisible bubble surrounded her. Kruziik cast his gaze around the crowd, and to the identical robed figures that individually made their way to various spots in the crowd.

Each was a Goblin in a robe of disguise, making them look human.

Nia took a deep breath and stepped forward. "Hello citizens of Dalania, and welcome to the Founder's Festival! This year were switching up things. I'll be the one delivering the opening speech... obviously." she gestured around herself at an attempted joke. " Anyway, as many of you know this marks the founding of our great country by my great great great great grandmother Vex Davion. She was... a renegade, and definitely a trailblazer. But she set a trend for alot of us Davions, we push the norms. As seen by my fathers own equal race treatment policy, ensuring all the other races are paid the same and treated with respect, just like any other human. I hope that when the time comes, I can do the same. Because I know that everyone here is an important part of how life is here in Dalania. But I also know that life if full of hardships. However, though the hardship, we make our world a better place for the future. I promise all of you, I will try my best to do just that. I hope you all can do the same." she paused to look around "I think that covers it all. You guys didn't come here for a speech. You came here for the festival. so... Let the games begin!" she said boldly, raising her fist to the sky, signaling for the entire event to get underway.
TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior MagicPenguin MagicPenguin The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect augmentedspartan augmentedspartan Randomfella Randomfella

Decius enjoyed Raimi's comments about him very much. Not because he considered himself a cute fuzzy teddy bear, but because she was actually joking around him. With him being intimidating and all that, people generally did not joke around him so as to not get on his nerves one way or another. He had appreciated her company.

Its weird, thought Decius. Weird that he had found an actual friend. He might even regret murdering every single person in that fucking stadium by reducing them to a pile of blood and guts... He got confused. Why did he think of that? He never recalled wanting to kill anybody in the city. It was almost as if the thought was placed in his mind...

Without reacting to Raimi elbow him in his ribs, he listened to the princess make her first speech in what seemed like ever. It was clear that she had no clue what she was saying. She did not even have the experience to make it seem like she had a clue which is what most people who gave speeches like so did anyway. No king took a single minute beforehand to think about what he might deliver in a speech.

"Well then. I wish you the best of luck." Decius told to Raimi while his hand out.

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin

Considering how nervous she looked walking toward the center of the stadium, Rae thought the princess's speech was actually pretty good. It was short, sweet, and to the point. It told us all about the reason for the festival. She told us about her ideals. Seemed good enough to Raimi; although Raimi had never seen a royal give a speech before, so it's not like she had any standard to judge by.

When she looked over to Decius to ask his opinion, he had a creepy, glassy-eyed look, like he was daydreaming. "Uh...hello?" she asked tentatively.

All of a sudden, as if nothing had happened, he came back to life, stuck his hand out, and wished her luck.

She shook his offered hand. "Um. Yeah, you too, Decius. Make sure you don't zone out like that during the melee, though, or you might get yourself clonked upside the head with a mace, big guy. That might even be enough to slow a bear down a bit."

As he walked away, Raimi decided she might as well get herself in position as well. She hopped up, brushed herself off and started walking over to where all the other archery participants were gathering.

Kruziik stood up from behind the king with a grin on his face. He didn't seem to raise his voice but it could be heard for miles anyway. "People, people! I know the truth! About everything! All races, you say princess? Ha! You forget about the Goblins! The people on your borders that for centuries have been killed on sight, simply because they were considered vermin! Well no more, because the God of The Downtrodden has returned!

I have a proposal for all of you. Whoever can prove their strength, by surviving the next few days, shall become the new king. Because trust me, this guys not going to here much longer." He said with a chuckle as he pointed to the king, he was looking up at him with confusion.

Then, in a immediate change of personality Kruziik snarled at the king, and a longsword came into form in Kruziik's right hand. The king's face went from confusion to terror as Kruziik thrust the sword into the Kings back with blindingly fast speed. Kruziik threw him of the pedestal.

"It's go time!" All the men in robes pulled out a dagger and stabbed the nearest person. The ground began to shake violently, and the stadium began falling around the people's ears. "I am the true God of Okigira!" The Red Mountain, easily visible in the distance, lit up as the mountain erupted. Fire and rock flew into the sky and fell on the surrounding lands, including the Capital of Dalania. Rocks flew down onto the city crushing buildings and people alike. Clouds formed on the horizon in the sea's direction, the wind picked up speed. People screamed and ran in a panic.

Kruziik just stood on the pedestal, watching Armageddon with a proud gaze.

"Well, that was something." Jen thought to herself as she watched the princess's speech. She was a lost lamb up there, beside the spoiled pampering, the girl was simply another child after all. Then again, Jen did remember something about the girl being regarded as an adult, though she had her own speculation. "Regardless, after my inventions come to fruition, it will be I they bow to." Jenny thought to herself, before mulling it over, it was true that she sought recognition, but that thought was slightly extreme. She only hoped they would hurry all of this up so she could get the royal's interest and leave, areas crowded with all types weren't here scene, if they were sober that was. As well as that, all of these strangers wearing hoods agitated her somewhat, people who covered their faces normally did so either due to sickness, or ill-means, neither were the type the halfling wanted to be around.

Soon enough, an overdressed old kook stood behind the king, just his facial expression sent a chill down Jenny's spine. He began to rant about the mistreatment of goblins. "Really? They are vermin." Jen told herself, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow toward him, what exactly was this lunatic up to? Her question was quickly answered, some guards seemed to rush up, but there was no way they would be of any use. Somehow forming a sword in his hands, he ended the king swiftly, all the while causing massive commotion in the stadium. An audible scream could be heard to her right, blood splattering on her face where grit would usually rest as a robed goblin plunged his knife into the chest of another, a volcano spouting in the distance, and the crazed scream of a self-proposing god ringing in her ears. "I hate magic..." She cursed under her breath, before putting herself into perspective, rushing up like so many others as the assailant turned his attention to her.

There was no room to move, people were rushing and screaming all around, any whom lost their footing were trampled, it was pure chaos. As the goblin lunged the knife toward her, Jen could only inch herself backward, the blade slashing at her coat. As quickly as she could, the halfling flicked her wrists to produce two small crossbows into her hands, already loaded. The creature did not stop, slashing violently as Jen dodged and weaved to her best ability. Pointing her right crossbow toward him, she pulled the trigger, the close range allowing for her to easily puncture its eye, whom due to his slashing movements was able to strike the upper part of her right wrist, the wound was deep but the bleeding was not overly intense. "Shit! Damned Goblins!" She exclaimed, grabbing the wound, arching her back and scowling in pain. The goblin let out a small grunt before falling limp backwards into the crowd, rolling down the steps of the stadium, a trail of blood following him.

Despite the pain, Jenny knew she needed to make her way out of here, she had already modified the basement of the inn to serve as a sort of makeshift bunker, and with the volcano erupting she doubted many would survive the rock and ash fall. Rushing toward the exit, random terrified citizens pushed and grabbed one another, attempting to save themselves, the weak, the old, and the young, they stood no chance. Reloading her right crossbow, Jenny approached the exit, which was now blocked by a group of assailants. A large amount of Dalanian citizens stood still in terror, before trying to run back the way they came, yet the blockage of people prevented them from moving far. The assailants moved slowly, daggers drawn, it was as if they enjoyed this, like it was some sort of game.

"Out of the way!"
Jenny called out, heart racing, as she broke through the citizens to get a better vantage point. She had a plan, she only hoped it would work. Foolishly, she had only brought a couple of small steel covered balls of J-Powder, not enough to deal with all of them at once. She did, however, have the item she was going to show the princess, and while it wasn't intended for this, if her calculations and testings were correct, it would be more than sufficient. Pulling the device from her torn coat, it was a large arrow shaped tubular object, filled with powder in different compartments, on a stick. Holding the stick that it attached to, she aimed the device toward the oblivious assailants, before lighting the fuse with a spark rock.

Deep cackling erupted from some of them at the display, they stopped however when the projected blasted toward them, striking the one in the middle before exploding with great force and strange loud sounds. Jenny shielded her eyes, others were simply blinded momentarily by the display, a massive burst of colour erupted on the group of hooded creatures, a large splatter of blood and guts following soon after. Of the assailants, most concentrated toward the centre were now laying on the ground, bodies burning, parts missing, if they could even be seen at all. Others toward the sides of the neck of the exit were yelling in confusion and pain, clothes alight, covering their eyes from the extreme display of light. The citizens at the front witnessing the display also clenched their eyes, rubbing them before noticing the opening, rushing through the flaming corpses, trampling the remaining assailants.

As the halfling finally escaped the exit, she took a deep breath of the fresh air. Pausing for a moment, she tried to relax, her whole body vibrating in a mix of fear and excitement... Wait... Excitement? There was a massive grin open grin on her face, she couldn't help it, her inventions had worked even better than she had expected, she was almost proud amidst the chaos. Her thoughts were cut short as a crazed goblin screamed out, running at her with a drawn blade. The halfling attempted to react in time, but he was already too close, until suddenly a large steaming rock fell upon him, the shock wave knocking Jen on her backside. "Phew." She sighed in relief, looking upward at the continuing destruction.

Last edited:
Chaos errupted throughout the stadium. Rae was frozen in shock and fear in the middle of the arena, between the archers and the stands, where she had been when the shady-looking elf made his "speech." The would-be archery competitors were all standing in one spot when a gigantic rock fell and crushed them all flat at once. If Raimi had gotten up to join them half a minute earlier, she would've been among them.

The king was dead and his subjects were following in droves as hooded goblins murdered the poor souls sitting helplessly in the stands. She saw babes ripped from their mothers' arms and their heads crushed in their assailants' bare hands. The mothers wailed in terror and despair, though not for long before the goblins crushed their heads as well, albeit with axes and swords instead of hands. Those who managed to escape death at the hands of the goblins were given only a brief, false hope they might survive before they were crushed by falling debris from the volcanic eruption or the collapsing stadium.

It was bloody carnage--like nothing Rae had ever seen in her eighteen years of life.

Rae turned her head slowly in a daze and saw the princess still standing in the middle of the arena where she had given her speech. Whether she stood there frozen in horror at the sight of so many innocents butchered like pigs--as Rae had been for the last minute or so--or she was simply overcome with grief after witnessing the gruesome, untimely death of her father, Raimi could not say.

What she did know, however, with ironclad certainty, was that if the girl stayed where she was for much longer, she would share her father's fate very soon. Even now, Goblins who'd been near the bottom of the stands were beginning to make their way over to her to end her life, and her family's lineage, once and for all. As it happened, Rae stood more or less right between the bloodthirsty beasts and their intended victim. If someone was going to stall them, it was going to have to be her.

There were about ten of them, closing fast, and Raimi had to act quickly or both she and the princess would die; no time to be afraid, no time to scream in terror or cry in sorrow, not enough time even to think. Her bow was useless here; there were too many coming too fast. She'd have an axe in her face before she even managed to nock the first arrow. She drew the hunting knife at her belt and planted herself firmly in the goblins' path to the princess.

The fastest of the group came first with a roar of fury and an axe swung in a wide horizontal arc, clearly meant to separate her head from her shoulders. She ducked the axe and swiped her knife at the thing's abdomen, but he quickly jumped backward. He had a shallow gash diagonally across his chest where she grazed him, but it was no where near fatal.

Now his slower companions were starting to arrive and Rae's chances of survival were rapidly dwindling. The creatures were wary of the knife she held before her and stayed a safe distance back while they attempted to fan out and surround her. If they succeeded, she was done for.

There was still a good thirty feet between her and the princess behind her. She backed toward the girl and away from the goblins slowly to make it harder for them to encircle her. Her eyes darted around madly, desperately searching for some way to distract the goblins so she could grab the princess and run.

Her eyes fell on Decius, standing not too far from where he'd left her after their chat earlier.

"Decius!" she called as loud as she could. Rae couldn't tell if he'd heard her.

"Decius, over here!" she called again, desperately, as the goblins inched a little closer to her. There were several on both sides of her now, and a few in front. A little more, and there'd be some behind her as well and her time would be up. She backed up a little more quickly to buy more time.

"DAMMIT, LOOK OVER HERE, BEAR!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. Her life, and the princess's, depended on whether her call reached him.

Had he heard?

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Last edited:
Ambrose considered it a miracle that he hadn't fallen asleep during the Princess' speech. The King was already a pain to listen to with his vague praises and promises to the people, but at least he had done it enough to be good at it. The Princess was the same sans the experience. Truly a miracle it was, because it didn't take long for it all to go to hell.

As soon as Kruziik started to speak, Ambrose' disinterest gave way to confusion. What the hell was that melodramatic prick talking about? He didn't even have time for a witty comment before he stabbed the King, taking Ambrose very much by surprise. Before he knew what was happening, pandemonium broke lose and the stabbing and the eruption started, turning an already loud event into a deafening one.

He didn't have an escape plan. Of all the places he had to be, he considered the festival to be a relatively safe one, what with all the guards buzzing around the place getting grabby with anyone looking even mildly suspicious. Hell, he even assumed Kruziik was here in case things got anywhere close to dangerous. The irony didn't escape Ambrose, and it sure was pissing him off. But below his usual sour personality a sense of despair started to grow. What was he supposed to do now? He didn't have any combat experience, and even if he did, he doubted he could get far before he got shanked by one of the many goblins running around. Sitting around waiting for it to calm down wasn't an option either, and sooner and later one of them would notice him and end him. Death was something he was used to, very much so, and he wasn't a stranger to his own mortality, having more or less accepted the fact that he might not actually wake up after going to sleep. But this was different, this wasn't nature going its way taking his broken body away, this was something that could have been avoided, and as much acceptance as he had, he didn't want to die, not just yet.

"Having some trouble there grandpa?" Smirked Elise, leaning against the wooden rail, mace in hand and ready to jump into the mayhem. Not only did she like being surrounded by dead bodies, she liked piling them up herself. "I wouldn't worry about it. The fright itself probably took half your remaining days off!"

"The only trouble here is my boot up your ass," he said standing up. Shit if he was going to die, he might as well do so while trying to get the fuck out of here.

"Fiery! I'll be sure to give whatever is left of you a proper burial. Mummification and all!" She laughed and stood over the rail, taking in all the chaos. Ambrose really disliked her.

He didn't even bother to answer, and instead shoved himself out of the booth, 'accidentally' bumping into her, making her lose her balance and fall face first into the chaos. The fall itself wasn't too bad, it was the bloodthirsty goblins piling onto her that prompted her swearing and screaming. Ambrose simply started walking without as much as glance at her direction.

It only took a few steps before he was forced to stop and asses the situation. There was really no opening in any of this, no matter where he went, he would have to deal with the goblins one way or the other, and he didn't like his chances against them. His way of dealing with people, aside from telling them to fuck off, consisted mostly on power plays and intimidation, and neither one would work with the violent bunch. But then again, there might be some other way to talk his way through. With half a plan formed in his mind, he moved on through the carnage.

It wasn't easy, but he managed to slowly advance through the crowd. Sidestepping through fights, using people as meat shields, and pushing distracted people into packs of goblins as distractions, he was able to traverse the arena without any direct confrontation. Slow, for sure, but better than being cut in half mid-sprint. Eventually he reached a less dense spot, where he had a bit more room for maneuverability. Good in theory, but bad in practice, for he caught the attention of three goblins, who walked slowly towards him, grinning and showing off their bloodied weapons. Time to get that plan in action. Standing still and looking mean, not a difficult task, he stared down the goblins as they moved forwards. Their intimidation attempts became more aggressive, but slowly dwindled down as they noticed they had no effect, and were in fact seemingly pissing him off more. Eventually they stood in front of him, weapons ready but their blood lust replaced with confusion.

"What's wrong with you, old man?" asked the smallest of the three, the one Ambrose assumed was the smartest. "You're not getting out just because you are old."

"What the fuck are you talking about you inbred twatfuck?" He didn't need to fake annoyance nor anger, they were both there. "I'm not "getting out" because I don't need to get out. Who the fuck do you think helped Kruziik with this whole ordeal?" He was sure that whatever it was that Kruziik wanted with the corpses he was buying, they had something to do with this.

The goblins looked at each other in confusion. "Help how?"

"Bodies," he said, glaring at them, a decently sized rock falling next to them, as if to emphasize his words.

"He's the Corpse Holder," the bigger one said in almost a whisper. The others looked at him warily, but in a new light. He wasn't a possibly violent treat anymore, he was now a threatening figure.

"Damn right! And I wasn't supposed to be here when this shit went down, I got shit t-" Before he could finish, someone bumped into him, trying to get away from a knife-wielding goblin. Ambrose grabbed him and pushed him back, where he collided with the goblin and sent both of them tumbling onto the ground in a swirl of limbs and violence. "Shit to do. Now get me the fuck out of here."

"Yes, the master will want to see you," nodded one of the goblins, soon joined by the other two.

"No, I mean out. My work is somewhere else."

"Your work will be where the master requires you." Ambrose saw the fanaticism in their eyes and knew that he wouldn't be able to bullshit his way out of that one, Corpse Holder or not.

"Fine, clear a path for me. Can't work if I'm missing half of my limbs." This seemed to please the goblins, for they turned around and started to slash out a path ahead of them, going directly to Kruziik, where the King lay dead. Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

Last edited:
Decius was a bit overwhelmed by the chaos. He just stood in confusion as he did not know what to really do other than kill anything that attacks him. He then wondered what happened to the princess and the "Raimi" girl. He then suddenly hear someone calling to him. After hearing the person refer to him using the new nickname he had been given, he figured that it was his new friend that had called out to him for help.
He looked back at where her voice came from. He saw the goblins inching closer to her while trying to surround her. Decius had not spilled blood in a while. He did not hesitate to instantly rush in. Although goblins were not really the most challenging opponents, they did provide some sort of practice at the very least. Decius charged at his top speed at the goblins surrounding Raimi. After quickly reaching the unsuspecting creatures, he leapt into the air and the hit one of the goblins with a massive overhead strike. The force of the blow was so powerful that it pretty much both sliced the goblin into two and smashed it into a pulp. He then pulled his axe back as the goblins looked at him, expecting an attack. A few of the ones that were right next to their fallen comrade were in complete terror as one of their friends was reduced to a red waste in less than a second. A few were braver though. But it did not really matter.

"Get to the princess. I can take these guys."

Just as he finished his sentence, one of the goblins had charged him. He had leapt up in an attempt to try and reach him in order to land a hit due to his height. This made the goblin very telegraphed and easy to predict. He thought of simply slitting his throat and leaving him to die while efficiently moving to the next goblin. But he felt the urge brutally rip apart every single corpse that he had created. Decius stepped back and then spun around, dodging the attack and letting the goblin pass by him. He then quickly used the blade which protruded from the back of his axe to cut the goblins head of. Both his head and body flew in the direction the goblin was jumping, squirting blood. Decius then executed the goblins one by one through a variety of means. Chopping one in half horizontally. Chopping another vertically. Smashing the skull of a few using the weight of the axe instead of slicing. Within minutes there was only two goblins left. He killed one of them by simply cleaving the top half of his head off.

But while he was doing so, one of the buggers manage to sneak behind him. The little green thing had stabbed him in the arm with the entirety of his blade going in. Decius felt more surprise and shock than actual pain. He instantly turned around to face the goblin. The creature had gotten his weapon stuck in Decius' shoulder which he did not have time to take out. For some reason, Decius felt anger. He grabbed the fragile neck of the goblin and started to raise it. True fear could be seen in its eyes as it was fighting for its life to no avail. Decius then let go of his neck, so as to let him fall a little bit, but then quickly grabbed its head. His hand pretty much wrapped around the entire skull. He then started to squeeze. He slowly applied the pressure and watched as the creature screamed. He had not heard such a high pitched shriek before. But something in him made him enjoy listening to it. He then squeezed harder and harder. Cracks could be heard as the goblin's skull started to give in to his massive force. It screamed so hard that it started to damage its windpipes and started to squeak. Decius had finally had enough. With the sound of a large crack followed by what sounded like a melon being bursted open, the entrails of the Goblins skull was spread all around. Decius got a fragment of its skull flying at him. But he did not really care. He wiped his hand on the lifeless corpse of the goblin he had just murdered.

He then suddenly came to his senses. He looked at what he had done and was slightly shocked. There was no reason for him to be so brutal to such a creature. But he felt compelled to do so. He then removed the tiny sword from his shoulder and looked back at Raimi and where she had gone.

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Last edited:
Armandio was still in the stands trying to rouse his grandfather, who was caught in a daze. He was about to give up and go on without him, maybe choke the shame down with some alcohol later, when a gorilla ran in all fours down the steps. The lumbering ape quickly relayed to Armandio in D.S.L: "I'm a friend of your grandfather's. I must take him to safety. Save yourself!" He picked up Arman's grandfather like an old baby and jump out the nearest window.

Armandio barely had time to register what the hell just happened, when he heard a woman call out to someone. His eyes snapped to her location, and saw that she was surrounded by Goblins in robes, each holding various weapons. He sprinted down to the arena, determined to help her, while hoping whoever she was calling was willing to help too.

The Goblins didn't hear him run up, courtesy of his light footed steps. And the Giant man cleaving through their friends. Armandio did his best to analyze the situation. There seemed to be ten of them, all armed and approaching the woman and what he now recognized as the princess. A giant warrior with an axe, was ending them left and right. One robed Goblin stood at the back and seemed surprisingly calm. He wore different colors than the others, leading Armandio to believe he was either their leader or a recognized member of whatever cult they were part of. Either way the two females in peril, and himself, would benefit greatly from its demise. Armandio flipped his hood up, knowing he seemed to fight better with it up, and that it looked cool. He unsheathed his dagger, came up behind the maybe leader Goblin and jammed it into its back, then held its chin up from behind and drew the dagger across its throat. No matter the race, that would be fatal.

He threw the body in his grasp aside, tossed his dagger into his other hand, and pulled out his sword. Only to find all the other Goblins were dead. Wow. That was impressive. He sheathed his weapons and rushed over to the woman, motioning over to the big guy. "Come on Big Guy! Join the party!" He bowed to the woman. "Armandio at your service ma'am."

Kruziik yelled down at those gathered below him. "Well done kids! Mostly him." He pointed at the large man. "That was impressive! So impressive, I'm going to make you a deal. If you can survive another wave of enemies, I'll call off the incoming hurricane. Ten Goblins crawled out of the ground, already surrounding them, ready for battle. Two heavily armed Orcs appeared behind Kruziik and jumped into the arena. "Kill them and in addition to saving your city, you'll be offered a chance to truly prove yourself as one of my warriors. You can refuse, but the benefits are countless! Oh, that reminds me." As he stood there he seemed to grow younger, like a young man once again. "I'm not evil, I'll let her say goodbye before the real tournament starts." He motioned towards the defeated king with an uncaring expression.

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
augmentedspartan augmentedspartan

"Get to the princess. I can take these guys."

Raimi looked uncertainly at Decius. It was still about 9 on 1 and, even for an armed man his size in full armor, those weren't great odds. She felt bad leaving him, but...

"Alright, Bear, I'm going. Don't die, okay? You still owe me breakfast."

She ran toward the princess and left the goblins to Decius. Rae got about ten paces before she turned around to see that someone else had joined the party. The more the merrier, she figured. Between the two of them, she saw goblin body parts flying left and right. So much for the odds. But forget about them, she told herself and turned back toward the girl. She had to get to the princess and lead her out of this mess. As long as the heir to the throne was still alive, hope was alive as well. If they managed to kill her, however...

Raimi couldn't let that happen. She broke into a sprint.

When she finally reached the girl, Rae heard a booming voice from the stands before she could say anything to her. The same one that had spoken before killing the king. She was too dazed and overwhelmed by the events of the last several minutes to really pay attention to what he was saying, but she did hear something about more goblins. That couldn't be good. She noticed several pop up near the edges of the stadium. Some orcs jumped down from above as well. They had about 30 seconds before all of them rushed the group at once.

"Hey, listen, we have to get you out of here, Princess. That guy and his goblin buddies decimated the royal guard along with anyone else who was anywhere near those stands and he isn't going to stop until you're as dead as the king."

How to get her out, Rae thought? The stadium had four entrances, one in each compass direction; unfortunately, however, all of them were currently guarded by a horde of bloodthristy goblins. No way they could get out through there...

As if in answer to her thoughts, Rae heard a sudden "BOOM!" and when she looked to where it had come from, she saw a flash of brilliant colored light erupt from the direction of the Eastern entrance. When the light cleared, the mob of goblins that had been massacring anyone who tried to get past them was all but gone. Some had their body parts splattered in all different directions and others were immobilized, screaming and covering their eyes, presumably blinded by their proximity to the very bright light when it had appeared.

Raimi had no idea what could cause something like that; maybe there WERE gods and they were watching these atrocities and had decided to send a miracle.

She didn't know, but she had to take advantage of this opportunity. The Eastern gate was open. She had to get the princess out before Shady McElfenstein and his cronies got serious about killing the poor girl. There was a new horde of goblins surrounding Raimi, Decius, his friend, and the Princess, just as the would-be usurper had promised, but there were only three or four in the direction of the Eastern gate and they were mostly focused on Decius and his new friend. Raimi was pretty confident she could put a few arrows in them before they knew what was going on and carve herself and her ward a pathway right to the exit.

"This is our chance. C'mon, take my hand, I'll lead you out. Er. If it please you, uh...ma'am."

She held her hand out to the princess, expecting her to take it.

Randomfella Randomfella TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Last edited:
One moment. It was only seconds n real time, but for Nia, it felt like hours. Her father fell down dead, a fucking volcano went off. Goblins are stabbing people... and Nia? She just froze, and watched. There was all kinds of chaos around her. She couldn't process all of it, but one thing stood out. Kruzik had just killed her father. She blinked. Coming to her senses at at last. She ran to where her father had fallen and collapsed onto her knees by his side. He took Nia's hand. "Nia, listen to me. You have to be brave. You have to- rk- fight on." "No! No! Please! I can't!" tears streamed unobstructed down her face as she pleaded. "Yes you can! Your a Davion! It's in your blood!" he coughed up some blood. "Listen to me princess. You have to live on. The future of Dalania is on you now..." his hands shook as he took off his crown and sword, pressing them into Nia's grasp. "You can do this... I love you so very much Nia..." he wiped the tears from her face, then his hand went limp. He was gone.

Nia's hands shook as she held the objects given to her by her father. She took a deep breath.
"Okay dad. I will. I won't give up. I Promise." she closed her fathers eyes and slowly stood up, her head hanging low as she looked down to her feet. Then suddenly looking up to Kruzik, fire and fury in her eyes as tears still came down. If looks could kill, Kruzik would have imploded by now. She clenched her left hand into a fist around the sword her father gave her, and stared into Kruzik's eyes. "I'm going to fucking kill you you son of a bitch! YOU HEAR ME!" she yelled at the mage, her voice was scratchy and rough, but mostly filled with pure hatred. "You backstabbing no good traitor! I will kill you. It won't be today, It won't be tomorrow. But one day! You will pay for this! You pissed off a Davion! That's the biggest mistake you'll ever make!" she put the royal crown on her head and drew her fathers blade from it's sheath. Pointing it at Kruzik. The mysterious Rapier with it's origin a long lost secret. Made of enchanted black, reflective steel that reflected the light of the fires around her. "That's a promise!" she considered charging at him, but that's just suicide. She had to wait, plan, do to him what he did to her. She turned her back to him, still grasping the sword in a white knuckle grip. She walked towards the gap in the goblins. It was the first step down a new path for Nia, a much darker path. Here, she would have to adapt to life outside the castle. it wasn't going to be pretty.
TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Randomfella Randomfella MagicPenguin MagicPenguin The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect augmentedspartan augmentedspartan

Raimi stared at Nia's retreating back in no small amount of confusion as the princess exited the stadium. She was a bit baffled. What the heck had just happened? Rae had intended to put an arrow through the necks of the distracted goblins between them and the exit and make a run for it with the girl through the still unguarded Eastern gate.

Instead, the princess apparently decided it would be a good idea to storm the stands by herself, heedless of the vast number of bloodthirsty goblins who still dwelt there murdering innocents. Raimi had followed her as far as the foot of the stands and then she had to stay back and cover the girl's ascent. Despite the elf guy's claim that he'd allow her to say farewell to her dying father, several of his goblins evidently hadn't gotten the message, because on Nia's way up the stands, Raimi had to put an arrow in no fewer than three goblins who tried to hack her head off before she could reach the top. Nia herself hadn't even seemed to notice.

On top of that, the man who murdered the king was still at the top of the stands with his body. If he'd wanted to, he could've snapped her neck right there and no one would've been able to stop him. Bye bye, Davion family.

After all that was done, somehow, Nia had once more walked back down the stands--where Raimi had to put five more arrows in five more ambitious goblins' vital spots--and made her way casually past Decius and Armandios' goblin genocide, then waltzed right out the Eastern gate seemingly without any notice of the goblins and orcs from the elf assassin's "second wave" who still fought ferociously in the middle of the arena. Several of the creatures had broken off of fighting with Decius and Armandio in a desperate attempt to end her right there. If not for the two warriors' efficiency and a few more well-placed arrows from Rae, the girl would've died there too. How many arrows had Raimi just wasted to save this girl from her own obliviousness? These things aren't cheap!

The princess's life had been saved at least five times in the last five minutes by at least three different people without her ever seeming to realize she was in any danger at all. Now she was out in the street by herself, with no one to plant arrows in her assailants for her, planning to do...who knew what? Where could she possibly have intended to go on her own?

Seriously, did growing up in a big, fancy castle totally rob a person of their common sense?

Well, whatever. The princess was gone now, so there was no reason to stay in the arena and risk their own necks anymore. She replaced her bow upon her back and took her knife back out.

"Hey, Bear! Armandio! The East gate is wide open! The princess is out! We don't have to risk our lives playing in this crazy psychopath's 'tournament' anymore. Let's get the hell away from this bloodbath."

Rae dodged a swing from an oncoming goblin's axe and darted past him, leaving a nasty gash in his weapon hand as she went. They were strong, but they were also slow and dumb. Without a princess to protect, Raimi had no trouble dodging their clumsy blows, sprinting past them, and making her way toward the gate.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Last edited:
Jenny was ready to go, she had a plan, wait out whatever this was until she had an opportunity to leave. Sure, the Askary republic might not have been as welcoming as Dalania, but it was better than the city was soon to become. Pushing herself up from the ground, the halfling stared at her hands, they had alright become slightly burnt from the heat of the ground below, covered in all kinds of things Jenny didn't want to think about. Just before she left however, Jen couldn't help but overhear a commotion from where she had exited, then again, there was commotion everywhere.

The previously innocent, almost pitiful princess was simply walking out, not even seeming to be in a rush, blade tightly in hand. Jenny looked up toward her in a perplexed expression, smile now reduced to a neutral tone. "If I help her..." Jenny's ambition was starting to get the better of her, she knew in her heart the best chance of survival was to simply run, and that the girl would only end up becoming the largest target in the city. Yet... Imagine what she could gain from helping such a name... Time, however, was not on her side, and there was far more than the two options, hell, maybe this crazed wizard would give her a free pass if she simply ended the young girl here and now.

The halfling's entire upper body was covered in blood and a thick black soot, hair blown back like a madwoman's. Looking straight toward the princess, she raised her hands toward the royal babe, crossbows loaded and at the ready. Now they seemed to be pointed straight toward the girl, the halfling's eyes wide open, a menacing expression overcoming her. Finally the bolt loosed from her right, whistling against the winds, a glint of light on the sharpened edge. *THUNK* Was all that could be heard, followed soon by the pained groan of a goblin, mid-leap, focusing his attention fully on the princess, a *thud* soon following as he struck the ground. Bolt sticking out of his forehead, he wriggled for a short moment before attempting to get up once again, before another was let loose, striking close to the centre of his face, this time the blow was lethal causing the creature to release one last groan.

"I'm not about to help some filthy goblin lover." Jen could only think to herself as she watched the creature subside, before glancing up at the princess herself. Behind her seemed to be even more battle, three would-be warriors attempting to take down legions of goblins. For a moment she considered joining them purely out of her disdain, but knew it would be no use, there were far too many of them, and they weren't even the main concern. Her mind drifted to the mad elf, praising himself as a god, anyone with so much power was not to be trifled with, not when he had an army behind him anyhow. Re-focusing her gaze, Jen moved her arms to lock the crossbows back below her wrists. "Princess! Follow me if you want to see tomorrow!" The tiny woman called out loudly, with a great mix of tensity and enthusiasm. Finally finished adjusting her coat, Jen produced a metal ball in each hand from her sides. "I'll cover our escape!" She added, a slight smile rising at the edge of her lips.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge
@Vicinity

Last edited:
Decius heard Raimi when she told him of the princess having safely escaped, paying little to no attention to the Armandio fellow that had just passed by him. He then stepped back away from the goblins and ran towards the east gate in hopes of leaving. He had no intent of winning this freakish tournament and becoming a champion of that man. He just had that manipulative aura around him. His axe did not like him either.

On his way there, Decius would slash away at any goblin that had tried to intercept him. But they were no threat as it took him little to no effort to cut them down. He had jinxed himself as one of the massive orcs that had been summoned earlier had stopped him in his way. Decius knew that if he stopped to fight him, then the rest of the goblins and the other orc woud capitalise and kill him. But he was still urged to murder this green beast that dared to challenge him. The beast was tall, taller than Decius. But thankfully, it was dumber too. He ran towards the beast in a very predictable fashion in order to bait an attack which he could easily parry. The orc took the bait and swung his massive sword at Decius who managed to block it using the top of his axe. He then slid it to the side, turned his axe and then slashed at its throat. He then ran past the orc before it could strike Decius again, leaving it to choke on its own blood while collapsing. He then ran towards Raimi and then looked back at the carnage one more time.

"Is everyone in our little party out? If not, I can defend the exit until we can all safely leave."

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

The goblins were surprisingly good as bodyguards, even if the job simply consisted on slashing at anyone who got too close. It didn't take long before they left the meat of the battle and reached the Royal stand, where Kruziik stood proud. Also there was the dead King, Ambrose had forgotten about that. He wasn't the only dead thing in the area though, for countless goblin corpses littered the place, concentrated around a rather big fellow who looked as if he had been showered in blood.

"Master, we bring the Corpse Holder." The goblin grabbed Ambrose and presented him.

"Fuck off," he said, trying to break free to no avail, the goblin had a strong grip on him. "He knows who the hell I am." The goblin didn't seem to care.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Last edited:
Nia was essentially just a lost puppy. A lost, sad, sorta angry puppy. So when a halfling offered her help with a smile; Nia couldn't refuse. She turned to face Jenny, and simply shook her head yes. "Please..." it was a cry for help. She just. Had to get away from it all. She needed time to think, and process everything.
Randomfella Randomfella

Armandio glanced around. The stadium was devoid of the living, save some Goblins picking through the remains. He called to the big guy. "That's everyone we can help! Let's get out of here!" He sliced and stabbed through a couple Goblins as he ran for the exit. He paused, his gaze flicking from Goblins to Orcs to some old dude talking to the wizard guy. "Come on!" He shouted to who was quite obviously the Bear. "Let's check out of this murder show!"

Kruziik was still chuckling from the tiny princess's words of anger, when his children brought none other than Ambrose, the Corpse Holder. "Ambo! How's it going?" He waved the Goblins off of him. "Glad to see you survived. How many people did you shove into death for that to happen?"

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

"None that you can prove." Ambrose glared at the goblins before they retreated. They once again didn't seem to care, which actually pissed him off. "What the hell is going on, anyways? If my house gets hit, you're paying for it." The death of the king didn't affect Ambrose much, or at all in all honesty. He'll probably be dead before any economic or political impact became bad enough to affect him in any substantial manner. The raining fire was a different story though.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Armandio rushed out with the large man, gunning for safety.

Kruziik looked up at the sky, as fire continued raining down. "I'm sure that'll stop soon. Your house will be fine. I already called off the hurricane, as they" he nodded towards the fleeing party, "technically survived the arena. Anyway, due to your help in various dead stuffs I can grant you anything you want. Want to leave the country? Done! Want to go home and never be bothered by idiots again? Done! Eternal life? Done! Name it and it shall be yours!

By the time Raimi, Decius, and Armandio rushed out the East gate, the princess was nowhere to be found. She had either found a place to hide or--the more likely option in Rae's estimation--she was already dead or kidnapped. Either way, the three of them had better find a place to lie low as well. They'd survived the goblin arena, but rocks were still falling haphazardly, crushing whatever happened to be in their path. The rocks weren't as large nor falling as frequently as they had been when the mountain first erupted, but standing around was still an invitation to death. It would be best if they could find somewhere underground to hole up until it passed.

Unbidden, a memory came to Rae of her conversation with George the Innkeeper that morning. He'd been complaining about something while he looked toward a door in the corner of the inn's common room. She remembered thinking that the door probably led to a cellar.

Conveniently, the exit that had been blown open by who-knew-what was the closest to the Lazy Fox. If they followed the main road for a while, they'd find it pretty quickly.

She sure hoped that building hadn't been crushed like so many others.

"Guys, we can't stay out here for very long--" as she spoke, a boulder fell from the sky and crushed a nearby building that had somehow survived up to that point. Its impact caused a bang so loud Rae though she might have lost her hearing and it caused the ground to shake and moan piteously for just a split second as the earth shuddered under the rock's weight. "--because of that!" she finished, not bothering to hide her surprise.

"There's an inn a little ways down the road called 'The Lazy Fox.' It has a basement and the man who runs the place seemed like a nice guy. We should lay low down there until this craziness passes so we don't get crushed to death. Follow me, I'll show you where the inn is!"

Without waiting to see if the others would follow, Raimi sprinted ahead. The more time they sat around arguing, the higher their chances of getting crushed into paste, so she just didn't bother to give them any time to argue.

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Randomfella Randomfella Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back