• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A.L.F. OCC

How many maiden/apostle types should I allow right now?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
How much time does it generally take to "set up" a Territory familiar? If say the range is 10 meters radius,can the user react to an urgent situation within 10 meters with a few seconds notice? Or is it like a few minutes to get going?

And does the Territory move with the user once established?
Okay, so all of the hat heavily depends on the ability that is given once territory is set up. It also depends on the range. Let's say for instance that you have a small territory, but within that small territory you have control over something that is powerful. For this example let's go with gravity. Let's say once you set up a territory of 5 m radius, you have absolute control over gravity within that 5 m radius. The smaller area would cut your setup time by roughly 50 seconds. However, the complete control of gravity within the radius is a very potent ability. As such that would add some time. All together, it would take roughly 30 seconds to apply. Against opponents that have instant access to their powers and familiars, 30 seconds can be a death sentence. However, once you have it set up you become nigh unstoppable. The stronger the ability the more you risk yourself setting it up.

As far as a moving territory, that is possible, but it would require a less impactful power. Like slightly moving the trajectory of a moving object. Something along those lines. It's reserved specifically for abilities that seem less useful, but when applied correctly can turn the tide of a battle. The territory would also have to be incredibly small. Let's use the trajectory thing as an example. You have a territory type, high-end rule. The territory only encompasses your body and you have a rule that so long as you are looking directly in your opponent's eyes, the blade or object will shift slightly to the right or left. Simple and easy. This territory will move with your body and affect the outcome of the battle, but your own personal skill comes into play and you are now responsible for making sure your eyes never leave your opponents or you risk getting cut when you adjust for what you think it's going to do. It's a balancing act. Balancing potency of power and range on top of deciding how long you are willing to risk your life to set up your amazing power.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread @ERode @Draw Neoisi animegirl20 animegirl20 AI10100 AI10100 supermartinbros supermartinbros @BlossomBunniess @malzeno BuggaBoo BuggaBoo WorldWeaver WorldWeaver Misuteeku Misuteeku @Mirgris @RanRed The Blex The Blex Damafaud Damafaud

Getting lore and character tabs going now, but I have looked at the pole and I will be allowing three maiden/apostle types in the RP outside of my own. I was planning on doing a rather passive thing, so no need to worry about mine combat wise. If you had plans to use a maiden/ apostle type, let me know. Don't be upset if I run out of slots. If more people join I may increase the number. Familiar's can evolve, so you can make a maiden/apostle later if we get more. PM me.

I would like to express that I wish to take on a maiden familiar!

I'm sorry guys. Rpn lost my ENTIRE lore post. So I have to retype it. Sorry for the wait.

Absolutely no worries! I usually type on google docs to avoid these kinds of things. RPN drafts can be quite finicky for sure

I would like to express that I wish to take on a maiden familiar!

Absolutely no worries! I usually type on google docs to avoid these kinds of things. RPN drafts can be quite finicky for sure
Offf, RIP. This is why I would rather post a WIP when I'm writing long post. Especially if I'm alternating between my phone and PC for the writing part.
Well thank you both. I will get something up as soon as humanly possible. Also, AI, the first maiden/apostle spot is yours.

Still trying to decide between an Arms-Type or Beast-Type Familiar. What I do know is I want to go with some sort of lightning theme for it. For the Beast Type, I'd go with my favorite of the Japanese yokai, the Raiju (A sort of lightning-wolf-dragon), and for Arms, I could go with either a Mjollnir-esque war hammer, or a lightning Katana, based on the legendary weapon Raikiri.

Still trying to decide between an Arms-Type or Beast-Type Familiar. What I do know is I want to go with some sort of lightning theme for it. For the Beast Type, I'd go with my favorite of the Japanese yokai, the Raiju (A sort of lightning-wolf-dragon), and for Arms, I could go with either a Mjollnir-esque war hammer, or a lightning Katana, based on the legendary weapon Raikiri.
I see. Both have wicked potential and I am quite excited to see more. If you need help fleshing it out, contact me.

Okay guys, I am working on the lore page today. I would love if you guys message to me to let me know about your ideas so I can start creating plot points for your characters. Can't wait to hear from you!

I have no concrete idea. I kinda want my character to use cards during in combat. These cards can change their internal properties, though if they want to be hit harder they must be combined together. They'll also be used as my character's spell casting medium and can be used as storage slots for him.

Maybe I want my character to try and get funding for his research, but he can't since familiar magic research is so widespread that most of the funding goes into that instead.

I have no concrete idea. I kinda want my character to use cards during in combat. These cards can change their internal properties, though if they want to be hit harder they must be combined together. They'll also be used as my character's spell casting medium and can be used as storage slots for him.

Maybe I want my character to try and get funding for his research, but he can't since familiar magic research is so widespread that most of the funding goes into that instead.
I see. I think I can get something going for you.

From the sound of it, you are looking at an Arms type familiar. One that functions as a combo and storage device. I like the concept l! PM me if you want to go into a lot of detail.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread @ERode @Draw Neoisi animegirl20 animegirl20 AI10100 AI10100 supermartinbros supermartinbros @BlossomBunniess @malzeno BuggaBoo BuggaBoo WorldWeaver WorldWeaver Misuteeku Misuteeku @Mirgris @RanRed The Blex The Blex Damafaud Damafaud

Okay guys, I am working on the lore page today. I would love if you guys message to me to let me know about your ideas so I can start creating plot points for your characters. Can't wait to hear from you!
I apologize for the delay in messaging you, I was thinking for my character to be a sort of blind girl with the help of a beast type which helps and aids her during her travels, but they are both able to fight during combat. ^^ Currently I'm just brainstorming ideas.

I apologize for the delay in messaging you, I was thinking for my character to be a sort of blind girl with the help of a beast type which helps and aids her during her travels, but they are both able to fight during combat. ^^ Currently I'm just brainstorming ideas.
I REALLY like that!

I'm still gunning for the idea of a mute Paladin-esque character who went into training to help people but he's an intimidating presence so, more often than not, people are off putted by him. This is buffered by his familiar who translates for him. I think it'll be interesting to play around it especially during times where his maiden familiar is in Arms form.

I'm still gunning for the idea of a mute Paladin-esque character who went into training to help people but he's an intimidating presence so, more often than not, people are off putted by him. This is buffered by his familiar who translates for him. I think it'll be interesting to play around it especially during times where his maiden familiar is in Arms form.
Indeed. Still love this idea.

Okay guys, I am loving the diverse ideas that I am hearing! You guys are taking full advantage of the open way I created this.

Here is the link to the lore page. Right now it's only the basic information on the major kingdoms, but I will be adding to it and allowing you guys to add lore pieces as you develop. I also didn't want rpn to lose everything again.

EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy I'm actually weighing whether or not to participate,so don't lock in anything in the lore on account of me just yet. I was actually thinking of playing a character who's a diva theater performer/stage magician whose Territory type familiar allows her to generate an area in which she can conjure humanoid puppets out of surrounding materials and command them verbally or mentally as her entourage/stage assistants.

They don't share senses or have much autonomy, but she can have 8 or so active without them blundering around and falling apart. Also they take on the qualities of the material they come from but aren't actually shaped from it. So a puppet that comes out of a brick wall is as rigid and firm as one,but doesn't leave a human-shaped hole in the wall when it emerges.

Does that sound like it works?

EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy I'm actually weighing whether or not to participate,so don't lock in anything in the lore on account of me just yet. I was actually thinking of playing a character who's a diva theater performer/stage magician whose Territory type familiar allows her to generate an area in which she can conjure humanoid puppets out of surrounding materials and command them verbally or mentally as her entourage/stage assistants.

They don't share senses or have much autonomy, but she can have 8 or so active without them blundering around and falling apart. Also they take on the qualities of the material they come from but aren't actually shaped from it. So a puppet that comes out of a brick wall is as rigid and firm as one,but doesn't leave a human-shaped hole in the wall when it emerges.

Does that sound like it works?
Well, I do hope you join. That is actually a really good idea. I love the limits you placed on it and that it's well balanced for this world. Sort of has her own crew on call. I like it!

So like questions then:

What even is the tech level of this world?
Are our charries supposed to be experts in combat and survival or are we just starting out kinda deal?
So like other than apostle/maiden all other familiar types are just commanded objects (no personas)?
HOw long have we been with our familiars at start of RP?
What does the title A.F.F. stand for?

So like questions then:

What even is the tech level of this world?
Are our charries supposed to be experts in combat and survival or are we just starting out kinda deal?
So like other than apostle/maiden all other familiar types are just commanded objects (no personas)?
HOw long have we been with our familiars at start of RP?
What does the title A.F.F. stand for?
Well, let's go in order.

Tech level is low. Guns have just been developed and the tech isn't great. Magitech is a whole different story.

You can start your character off in anyway you like. I would prefer mid level combat proficiency at max, just to give the characters room to grow.

No, other familiars can have people personality. Like a living weapon, a vehicle that's picky about who rides it. Stuff like that.

It's your choice as to how long you've had the familiar. People of this world usually get them around age 11 or 12. But some get them later or earlier. It's up to you.

I meant to fix that. It's supposed to be A.L.F. for Adventure, Life and Familiars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back