• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A.L.F. OCC

How many maiden/apostle types should I allow right now?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
Use this page to talk. Set up characters, discuss Familiar's and story set up. This is a very large world and possibilities are endless! I will reward and Grant story to any life you choose your character to live.

Respect others and their design choices. Encourage, do not put down. Every idea is a good idea!

Hello, hello!

I had a question about Maiden familiar. I'm trying to wrap my head around it but would it be possible if an Arms-Maiden hybrid be like a human passively but can turn into a weapon when activated? Is that how it works?

Hello, hello!

I had a question about Maiden familiar. I'm trying to wrap my head around it but would it be possible if an Arms-Maiden hybrid be like a human passively but can turn into a weapon when activated? Is that how it works?
Yep. That's exactly right. The downside being that you would be vulnerable as she's transforming. It's not instant.

Yep. That's exactly right. The downside being that you would be vulnerable as she's transforming. It's not instant.
Oohhh perfect, that blends in well with why my guy has a shield. To protect himself while she's transforming during like surprise attacks.

Would you say the transformation would like a couple of seconds [approx. 1 post?] for future writing reference

Oohhh perfect, that blends in well with why my guy has a shield. To protect himself while she's transforming during like surprise attacks.

Would you say the transformation would like a couple of seconds [approx. 1 post?] for future writing reference
About 1 post.

So is there other magic aside from familiars? I'm assuming there is since of the implications of familiars being the current trending magic theory.

Also can familiars die? Or do they can come back after being defeating?

So is there other magic aside from familiars? I'm assuming there is since of the implications of familiars being the current trending magic theory.

Also can familiars die? Or do they can come back after being defeating?
Magic does exist. Some study it to be wizards or the like. Familiar's that are beasts or maiden's/apostles can be hurt and killed. You can bring them back, but that's a long and hard process.

How does one obtain a familiar? Catching them from the wild? Summoned from thin air? Or are they born with it?

Generally speaking, is this going to be like a sandbox RP then, with no centralized plot to pursue?

I am certainly leaning towards fortification and a wizards tower.
That sounds like a wicked Castle Type! I approve!

How does one obtain a familiar? Catching them from the wild? Summoned from thin air? Or are they born with it?
It's more like it's bestowed upon them. Think of it kind of like the grimoire thing from Black clover. Once a person comes of age they are given a gem. This gym will spend a small amount of time getting to know the person before becoming their perfect familiar.

Generally speaking, is this going to be like a sandbox RP then, with no centralized plot to pursue?
No. I have scattered plots to help develop the world and I will also be putting in plot points to make sure that specific characters develop. In other words, based on your character, I will put in plot points to help them grow as you want them to. All of it will be connected to create one cohesive story of the entire world. However, it's pretty close to sandbox. It's sandbox with a point.

It's more like it's bestowed upon them. Think of it kind of like the grimoire thing from Black clover. Once a person comes of age they are given a gem. This gym will spend a small amount of time getting to know the person before becoming their perfect familiar.
I see. so closer to Dendogram, but since they're not in a game this time, who distributed this gems? and is it something everyone can get?

I see. so closer to Dendogram, but since they're not in a game this time, who distributed this gems? and is it something everyone can get?
Yes. I have a storyline where you explore the gems and the places they come from, so I can't give you too much. However, they are accessible to anyone.

Yes. I have a storyline where you explore the gems and the places they come from, so I can't give you too much. However, they are accessible to anyone.
Well, you can save the details for later, but I just want to at least know who gives people their gems for better understanding. Is it something that people got during their baptism? their reward for graduating a school? Something the kingdom handed along with their ID card? Goods the merchants sell for money?

Well, you can save the details for later, but I just want to at least know who gives people their gems for better understanding. Is it something that people got during their baptism? their reward for graduating a school? Something the kingdom handed along with their ID card? Goods the merchants sell for money?
They get it from no one. It kind of just....shows up.

How much time does it generally take to "set up" a Territory familiar? If say the range is 10 meters radius,can the user react to an urgent situation within 10 meters with a few seconds notice? Or is it like a few minutes to get going?

And does the Territory move with the user once established?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back