• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Knight and Her Squire

"Yes, I suppose I really 'should' get this off, shouldn't I? Don't want to damage it..." Yuri said, giggling a bit as she began taking it off. "After all, well, I don't think it's good to show up to anything in rusted armour... It's a bit of a sour spot..." She added, having eventually removed the armour and sinking into the tub slowly as to not splash any of the aquatic contents around. She sighed upon sinking way in, sounding like the heated water was melting her aches away. She just laid back for now and relaxed in the water, seeming like she was very much happy with it.

"Fighting in dented or rusted armor shows that the Knight has a lack of coin, something that's definitely not true about us. You've got money, and plenty of it, besides I don't think you would have gotten this far without some of it. No Knight would. Armor is expensive and it wouldn't do any good to have you destroying it now." Once the metal clothing had been taken off, Ami laid it all out neatly on the bed, and taking out a towel wiped down the parts that had gotten sweat on them, paying close attention to the inside of the helmet. Once she was done with a piece, she placed it down gently in the corner of the room where she had picked it up from this morning. "But be careful tomorrow not to damage it, I don't know if this town has a blacksmith, and if it does I wouldn't trust him to do a good job in repairing it."

The blonde sighed as she flopped onto the bed, having cleared it of any metal that might have hindered the action. Placing her hands behind her head, she closed her eyes and sighed. "Tomorrow should be fun at least. Don't get hurt, alright? I know I don't make it look like it but I do worry for you."

"I understand. Sadly, all I can really do is promise to try my best. Luckily, it has been durable enough so far, so it should be more than enough for whatever will come my way." Yuri sounded nice and confident, relaxing as those long blonde twin tails of hers just sank into the water with her. Yes, she was damn loving it.

"I will try my best, Ami. I feel lucky, in a sense, to have someone dependable by my side who is not afraid to care. It feels to unnatural to me, but I can't thank you enough... so, thank you."

"What else do you pay me for anyway? It's not like I have anywhere else to go... you're doing a lot for me just by bringing me around places. I get to see the country, I get to hang out with a beautiful Knight... you're the most beautiful Knight in the whole Kingdom i'll bet. How many other women made it to be a Knight? I'll be one one day, this is a fun lifestyle, but hey I ain't gotta worry about that just yet. Still got you to take care of after all. I don't mind, it's good honest work anyway." Ami was still lying on the bed while she spoke. Her eyes were closed, and her feet were kicking up and down softly. A girl though she was, she was a hardworking girl. When Yuri needed something she always made sure it was prepared for her, even when she didn't ask for it. It was her duty as a squire to provide anything her Lady needed, and she did that to the best of her ability. She stood up and went to sit down by the tub, leaning on it with her arms and looking up at the face of the woman she was working for.

"I care about you. I care a lot, even past the selfish reasons. If I was a selfish bitch i'd tell you that I don't want you getting hurt because that interferes with my well being, but otherwise, hell I like you Yuri, I'm not gonna sit around and do nothing when my friend is in need. So what if i'm basically a servant?"

"Aww, that's sweet..." Yuri seemed touched, smiling. "You know, I think that just made my day, but I'm not quite sure how to take it. I trust you, it's nice to have company down these otherwise lonely roads, and all the rest of it. I, too, am enjoying our little relationship of knight and squire, Ami. I just wish there was more to it than that - but if there was, losing the other would only sting much harder... I've already felt the pain of losing my loved ones... I do 'not' want to feel it again..."

"As much as I am risque, maybe a bit brainless, I'm just checking in on you every day on a regular basis and taking you along with me - and truth be told - I love it. We get along pretty well, but again... I'm nervous if there is another stage... Please understand..." Yuri now had a frown gracing her face. The memories from the past had surfaced once again.

Understand what? What was there to understand about this? Ami knew full well how Yuri felt about the whole situation, although she never quite knew why it had arisen. That didn't matter to her though, if her friend and Lady held a certain persuasion or opinion, then it was fact. It was law, anything Ami thought to the contrary didn't matter, despite how much she liked to complain about certain things. The Squire blushed a little when she heard these words, her cheeks turning a very light shade of pink, but that didn't stop her from speaking. Closing her eyes, she dipped a hand in the water, letting her fingers up to her knuckles soak in the warm liquid.

"We do get along well, I'm not gonna deny that... I think we could get along... like that you know, but I'm not so sure it's the best idea. I'm scared of what would happen just as much as you are, and besides... there's a lot we'd have to consider if we were to take that jump." That isn't to say that the girl was wholly unwilling... But she did have her reservations. "I understand, don't worry Yuri. No matter what happens i'll always be there for you, alright? As a Squire, as a fellow Knight one day surely... as maybe something else... who knows? We have time to figure it out."

At those words, the girl opened her eyes and looked away, standing up and walking back over to the window. Focusing on the jousting lane was hard, especially given what her friend had just said, but she had to stay strong. It was her duty after all.
"Let's just keep an eye out for each other huh?"

"I agree. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable with my worrying - again - but... I really, really hate the thought." Yuri said. Seems her recollection had shook her to the core a bit too roughly. She attempted to relax as much as she could for the time being, but over time, she couldn't focus on that, and had been dwelling too much in the past - needless to say, she didn't really have a nice rest that day, but tried her best to keep Ami company and bond a bit more with her. Just having someone company is a step in the right direction.

"No, no, it's fine, and I get it. I really do, just... let's keep things like this for now. That kind of thing is always scary. Besides you have tomorrow to focus on." Ami wasn't hurt by these words. It wasn't anything that they hadn't discussed before, it was just a shame that that's how she felt about getting close to anybody. Her Knight meant a lot to her, and part of that was as more than just an employer, as more than just a master. She understood, and in that understanding, perhaps, was where most of the pain was coming from... There was nothing to do about it but wait it out.

The rest of the day had passed with relative ease. The two girls talked a bit more, ate dinner in the room, and once it had gotten dark, Ami set out for the barn, hoping to return with something a little more comfortable than just wooden beams to sleep on. She walked back in with two armfuls of hay and plopped them on the ground, removing her outer tunic in order to rest better.

"Ya know this stuff is way more comfortable than it looks. Remember how much I hated sleeping on it when we first met? Now I kinda like it. Get some rest, Yuri. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day. Sleep as long as you can, alright? Good night."

After speaking, the girl licked her fingers and pinched the flame atop the candle that served as the sole light source in the room, darkening it to nearly pitch black, the fading moon the only way that the Squire was able to make her way back to her makeshift bed. It didn't take her long to fall asleep, and when she did she snored softly, keeping mostly still with the exception of occasionally rolling.

In the morning, she awoke with the first rays of sunlight crashing through the window. Yuri was asleep still, which meant that she had time to procure a breakfast for her. Dressing herself quickly, she grabbed a few coins and quietly marched out of the room and down the steps. Surely someone in this town knew how to cook a good, hot breakfast for a Knight.

Yuri's slumber was undisturbed for more than enough time, so by the time she woke, the breakfast intended for her was bound to be ready. As stated before, her rest was not the best rest in the world due to the worries before dozing off, but apart from that, this slumber of hers helped her take her mind off her worries.

Eventually, of course, she was waking up, groaning as she looked like quite the mess. She quietly got up if possible and began to sort herself out in the morning - at least in some kind of suitable early morning look. The result? Not too bad, but not too good.

By the time she had come back with a tray of scrambled eggs, bacon, and a few hash browns, Yuri was already awake. Weird, she wasn't expecting that, but then again the people of this damn town are so slow to do everything, and cooking seemed to be no exception there. She herself had munched on an apple in the meantime, waiting very impatiently for her master's food to be prepared. By the time she had returned to the room some people had already started crowding the bleachers near the jousting lane. Yuri wasn't set to fight until later in the morning, and the melee was always in the afternoon. She had plenty of time to eat, but Ami hated cutting things so close.

"Hey Yuri, morning. Ya slept alright I guess? You would not believe the boy they have cooking in the pub down the road. He was so damn slow I almost couldn't believe it. Anyway I've got breakfast for you. Eat and then take a few minutes to rest before we put the armor on. It would do you no good to go out there when your stomach is still churning away. Here."

With that,she placed the tray on the bed and sat down near the tub, glancing into the cold water, wondering if it was worth diving in for a few minutes.

"Well, I slept as much as I could..." Yuri said, having fixed herself up on the way down. "I do suppose I'll take my time with this - but not too long... Don't want to crunch this all away in the blink of an eye." She said, eating passively and calmly. She was slowly filling her 'food tank' and was getting ready in due time, ready to kick some serious butt. Call it confidence? It's Yuri we're on about.

"I'm pretty sure you've at least got a few minutes to take a dip." Yuri said to Ami, noticing her looking into the tub. "Careful though, I'm pretty sure that's cold water."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back