• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A King's Secrets

PaddieCake

The Piggie Lord
The world is separated into different dimensions, one of these dimensions has a kingdom ruled by a young man named Ezra Welshon, a man who has many secrets, but who also wants to create peace between Earth and his own dimension. He plans on doing this by marrying a girl from Earth so they can work together to help create a peaceful existence.

Name: Ezra Welshon

Appearance: Dirty blonde hair that reaches his shoulders in messy waves. His eyes are bright a deep black in color and he has a pale complexion. His nose is straight and lips thin, face sharp. He has high cheek bones and tends to look very regal. His clothing tends to be well tailored and expensive looking. He tends towards white shirts and black slacks, with deep purples and reds to accent his clothing.

Yerp, I'll continue working on Ezra I sort of made him up on the fly, I didn't really know what sort of personality to give him ^^;

Name: Celeste Graham

Appearence: Celeste has brown hair that reaches almost to her waist along with bright blue eyes. Her face is sculpted elegantly, dimples on her cheeks. She has quite the small frame and is rather short. Her earthly attire usually consists of a tank top and shorts but that will obviously change when she's no longer a resident there. 

Celeste sat on the couch as her parents stood in front of her, her father looking down at her with crossed arms. Her mother on the other hand had tears rolling down her face. Celeste only scowled at her, you could tell in a heartbeat that she was less than happy. "Why are you crying? Last time I checked you're not the one being arranged to marry a man from another realm." 

"Celeste, you respect your mother. We are doing this for good reason." 

"Good reason?" Celeste scoffed. "Why me? Why not some other girl who wanted to throw her life away?"

"He didn't want anyone else but you." Her mother choked up.

"Frankly, I don't care what he wants. I didn't sign up for this. Is this what you guys had me for? Raised me all these years just to give me away to a stranger?" She was more than pissed off at this point.

"If it means protecting our world... yes. We know you will be in good hands. Please, Celeste, don't make this harder than it had to be."

Ezra took a deep breath, checking how he looked in the floor length mirror in his room.  White shirt, long sleeves covering his arms, deep purple vest and matching tie resting under a black suit and black slacks. He looked presentable, he supposed. He double checked his clothing once more before taking a deep breath. He was nervous, to say the least. He had specifically asked for this girl to be his new wife.  He had seen her once, on one of his many travels into the human world, and had kept in touch with her family.

There had been rumblings of dark forces working their way into his home and the world he was currently visiting. It was in both of their best interests to keep close, making it easier to protect the places they called home.

With one last sigh he walked out of his castle, tall, made of grey brick and spotless, not a weed clinging to its sides. A large tree, seemingly split down the middle as if there were two trees there, sat tall and proud near the entrance to his home. It acted as a portal between his world and others. He was the only one who knew of its powers, and one could only access the powers if they knew about them.

He walked through the trees, as if he did it all the time, though instead of the vast garden that was truly in the back of his home, he instead found himself stepping out from a white gate. The gate itself was nothing particularly special, but there was a temporary portal that had nestled itself there for the day. A lot of reading had allowed him to keep track of the different portals, something any ruler should have an idea of. He was a few blocks away from where he needed to be, but much closer than he would have been if he had taken the second nearest portal.

He walked casually down towards his future bride's home, standing in front of her door before knocking, his own stomach in knots as he anxiously waited to meet his new family.

"That must be him." Her father said as he walked towards the front door. With each step he took, the more nervous Celeste grew. She was being thrown in the arms of a man she barely knew.. without her consent! 

He opened the the door and smiled at the man who stood in front of it. "Ezra. It's nice to see you again, do come in." He held the door open for him. She looked up from her hands at the rather attractive man standing in her doorway.

Well at least he was good-looking but that didn't really matter towards her current crushing situation. Her mother stood up and hurried over, giving him a hug which Celeste thought was along the lines of inappropriate. "Please take care of our daughter." 

"I'm right here you know."

Ezra was a touch surprised at the greeting he received. "It's a pleasure to see you all again." He said politely, a bit surprised as Celeste's mother wrapped her arms around him. He, rather awkwardly, returned it with a gentle pat on the back, his eyes moving towards Celeste. His face turned the slightest shade of pink. "O...of course... But you'll all still be able to see each other. I wouldn't keep you apart." He said, pulling away from the woman.

"I suppose we haven't properly met... I had hoped we would be able to before now...but that didn't quite work out. I'm Ezra Welshon. It's a real pleasure to properly meet you Lady Celeste." He said, bowing slightly towards the young woman. "Though I can see that you aren't as happy to meet me." He said, his voice apologetic. It wasn't something he had planned on doing, not like this, but it was necessary for not just his kingdom's safety, but for this world's safety.  "I...know this must be difficult for you." He said, frowning slightly.

"I mean if you were me being ripped away from everything you knew would you really be happy to meet you?" Celeste stood up from the couch."It's more than difficult, actually." She was a very blunt person and didn't really mind hurting others feelings. 

"I have a question before I go with you." She walked towards him and stood in front of him. She was just about up to his chest. "Why choose me?" 

"I'll go get your bags." Her father mumbled over to them before him and her mother went upstairs. In moments only he returned with her things. 

Ezra sighed, running a hand through his hair "I truly am sorry... things are...different from where I'm from, at first I hadn't realized...but the more I understand of this world the more I realize what's being done here...isn't normal." he said, growing worried. If she put up too much of a fight he didn't know if he had the heart to force her away.

He looked down at the girl, smiling sheepishly. "I...chose you because you captivated me." He said, "You're quite beautiful, and you seem rather strong willed. I needed someone like that....Because I think you'd be the best match for me." He admitted.

His eyes followed Celeste's father as he went to get her belongings. "As I said I don't intend to hole you up in my castle for the rest of your life, you'll be free to communicate and visit your family... And of course you're more than welcome to come visit us, transportation can be arranged." He said.

"How do you know I'm the best match if you had never met before today?" Celeste grabbed her bags from her father. It seemed rather odd to her that he'd like her without even speaking one word to her. She didn't believe she was of much use and or beauty. "That won't be necessary."

She walked over towards the door. "I don't want to see those traitors for a longtime."

"Celeste, we're only trying to pro-"

"I've heard it a million times. I don't care. Maybe if I forgive you I'll see the both of you but until then don't worry about the daughter you shipped off into another realm." Celeste definitely knew how to hurt people deep with her words. 

"I didn't say I knew. I said I thought." Ezra said, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's...just a feeling I have..." He admitted. He winced slightly. Situations like this were...practically unheard of where he was from. "I'm sorry..." he said rather lamely.

"D...do you not want them at the wedding?" He asked, frowning. He hadn't wanted a particularly large affair, but he had assumed Celeste's parents would be there.

Her parents looked hurt at her words, and Ezra himself felt rather guilty about the whole situation, it was unfair to her... He...had expected her to be more willing, to understand... He frowned slightly, heading towards the door. He wanted to make things better, but he didn't know what, or how, to do so.

(i am so sorry they didn't give me a stupid notification!!!)

"They can come, they're the ones that planned the damn thing." Celeste sighed and walked out of the house. "I'm sorry, let's just get going. I'm rather stressed out about this situation, I hope you understand." She gave him a weak smile.

She then looked around, rather confused. "How will we be getting to your kingdom? I wasn't filled in on any transportation plans. I wasn't filled in on anything..."

((No worries. When you click on the reply box there should be a little box that says 'notify me of replies', make sure it's checked on (green), that might solve that problem ^-^))

Ezra returned her smiles with a rather timid one of his own "I-I do..." He did understand, of course. In his own realm it was normal to be whisked away by a suitor, it was expected. Courting was common amongst those of lower class but arranged marriages were to be expected from those of noble stock... But things were different here, Ezra understood that, but there was little choice in the matter unfortunately.

"They...they really didn't tell you anything?" Ezra asked, frowning slightly. "Well we'll talk more once we get back but for now..." He said, trying to retrace his steps back to the portal.

"Throughout the world there are portals that allow someone with the knowledge to go through, allowing them access to another world. There are a few steady portals, ones that stay in one place, don't move, and then there are those that only stay in one location for periods of time, minutes, hours, days, but they move eventually." He said his hands moving along with his words, as it'd help explain it better.

"There's  a permanent portal in the gardens of my castle, and I've been studying charts to determine when a portal would appear closest to here. Luckily it is only a few blocks away. The portals don't hurt, though you may feel a little dizzy the first time you use one." He said, giving her a rather impish smile.

(i just found it!)

"They didn't. They just told me I'd be whisked away by an attractive king from some magical kingdom." Celeste sighed and followed him as he retraced his steps. She was being rather sarcastic. 

She then grew intrigued when when he began talking about portals. Something of course, the human world didn't possess. So that's how he got here... She'd have to get use to his way of doing things of course.

Celeste smiled back at him. "Well at least I have you to help me back on my feet. I should be fine."

(i just found it!)

"They didn't. They just told me I'd be whisked away by an attractive king from some magical kingdom." Celeste sighed and followed him as he retraced his steps. She was being rather sarcastic. 

She then grew intrigued when when he began talking about portals. Something of course, the human world didn't possess. So that's how he got here... She'd have to get use to his way of doing things of course.

Celeste smiled back at him. "Well at least I have you to help me back on my feet. I should be fine."

((Cool! :3))

"Oh..." He frowned slightly. "Well at least the think I'm handsome?" It was more of a question, than a statement, but he gave Celeste a wry smile, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ah, here we are." He said reaching the same white gate from before. "It's actually here all day, supposed to close up at about 11 evening your time." He said, holding his hand out for Celeste to take. "You'll need to stick close, especially since you've never traveled this way before...  I'll be able to teach you how to travel through them properly once you've settled in." He said, pushing the gate open.  "Luckily these portals can only be used when someone who knows how to use them activates them, so people don't stumble into strange worlds constantly." He chuckled a bit, the thought of someone randomly stumbling through a portal was rather amusing.

"Let me know when you're ready..." He said, waiting for the ok to step in through the portal.

( so sorry! school has just started for me!)

"You're very handsome." Celeste chuckled softly as she looked up at him. That was not a lie, she found him fairly attractive. She turned her attention towards the gate and took his hand. 

"Don't let go and let me get lost." She looked rather worried, she wasn't very sure how safe this was but if he had done it she could do it too. 

((Augh, it's my time to apologize. I read this and then forgot to post afterwards. I'm working on another post right now but I"ll get to this one very shortly if you're still ok with RP-ing with me. I'm really, really sorry .__.;))

Ezra smiled rather sheepishly "Well...thank you." He said, quite flattered. He took her hand gently :Don't worry, I won't let you get lost." He said, smiling softly.

He stepped carefully, keeping Celeste close to him and led her through the portal. It was a dizzying affect, not unlike being on a carnival ride meant to spin quickly, at least to the untrained eye. It was often the reason new portal users got dizzy or felt nauseous afterwards, simply unable to keep up with the portal's movements. In actuality it was not unlike an elevator, going perhaps faster than it should. The world around them would appear to be blurry, though Ezra could keep track of the various dimensions and entrances, gently pulling Celeste along as he spotted the exit.

Once again he found himself in his yard, surrounded by trees, behind them stood his gardens, in front his spotless castle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back