• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Johto Adventure

_Graphite_

Dreams disappear when the dreamer wakes.
It was a beautiful day in the Johto Region: the sky above was a bright blue, puffy clouds dotted the sky, the sun was beaming, and a gentle breeze blew across Route 30.

Numerous trees covered the road to Route 31, and beneath a well shaded tree rested a young white-haired boy. Now many would expect a trainer who was just starting out on their journey would be moving about in anticipation, but not Nero. His chest slowly rose up and down as he napped. When starting on a journey it was perfectly normal for ones parents to wish their children luck and a safe journey. However, Nero didn't recieve such words of encouragement from his own mother. Hearing the beeping noises from his Pokègear Nero's eyes fluttered open. Pulling the device out of is pocket he noticed he had a message from his mother and silently read it. Hey kid. I see you already left Cherrygrove City. Do yourself a favor and try not to get yourself killed out there. Now those those may have seemer like the most uninspired words a mother could say to theor child but Nero new his mother best. The truth of the matter was that was her own unique way of telling him to ve careful. Clair definitely wasn't a helicopter mom. She often left Nero to his own devices and expected him to clean up his own messes if he ever got into trouble.

Nero's eyes began to shut again until he heared the soft squeaks of a Pokémon coming from above him. Dangling from one of the lower branches a small bat like Pokémon glared down at him. "Ugh I know Minerva just a few more minutes please." As he attempted to shut his eyes once again Nero felt something land on his chest and squeak in front of his face. "Gah fine you win!" His eyes quickly shot open as he stared down the Noibat who now stood on his chest. "So much for taking it easy." Nero mumbled to himself as he rose to his feet. He glanced around the route and felt Minerva perch om his shoulder. Where would the two of them even begin?

Last edited:
Where was the inspiration that Alexander was looking for?

Leaning against a tree, the young male sighed some. He was watching a few pokemon walking pass him. Nothing to amazing as a caterpie wiggled its way slowly away as he soon looked up seeing a flock of pidgeys flying pass. The most impressive thing he saw so far was a hoppip bouncing around next to a poliwag. While he found them interesting at first, he was getting no inspiration for his drawings. Sighing once more, Alexander soon turned his head to see Alice start to run off. Quickly putting his sketchbook away, Alexander chased after the eevee as she ran down the path chasing after something. It was hard to tell but it looked like an oran berry was rolling on the ground away from the eevee. Alice was being such a handful at the moment.

Vincent Jameson

The young man from Unova scanned his surroundings from a seated position beneath a tree as his Pokémon, a Zorua with a Soothe Bell tied gently around his neck, nestled up next to him for comfort. Vincent pulled out his sketchbook as he searched for something to draw, but nothing at the moment seemed to interest him. The Pokémon in the area didn't really jump out at him as overly interesting, and while he could have instead drawn a tree-dotted landscape, Vincent instead opted to resume work on his illustrated plans for his future career-- a Gym Leader, and the world's second Dark-type Leader, at that.

Vincent turned to a page with a drawing that looked to be a shadowy theatre stage centered around Pokémon, complete with the Masks of Comedy and Tragedy at the top, depicted with Yamask masks as a spin on an old classic. He carefully began to add on to the drawing, making delicate pencil marks as the Zorua placed his stubby forelegs on Vincent's arm to get a better peek at what his Trainer was drawing. "Easy there, Zach. I'll show you in a bit, okay? Good things come to Pokémon that wait, y'know." Vincent temporarily stopped sketching to pet his Pokémon on their head as they nuzzled against his head with a "Zorrr~".

Vincent's attention was grabbed by what looked like someone chasing after an Eevee, chasing after a rolling Berry. The scene was particularly charming, though Vincent felt like the little brown fox was probably tiring his poor Trainer out. Still, Zach wasn't exactly a perfect angel, themselves. He was a bit of a troublemaker from the moment he first hatched from his Egg, but then again, Zoruas weren't called the "Tricky Fox Pokémon" for nothing. Even with the amount of training and care Vincent had put into raising Zach, the little guy still had his mischievous moments.

With Vincent's attention off of his sketchbook, he then noticed another Trainer walking about, this one with some sort of bat-like Pokémon. They certainly didn't seem like a Johto Region Pokémon to him, so Vincent could only wonder... could they be from a different Region, too?

Interactions:
Lunawolf1 Lunawolf1 (Mention)
_Graphite_ _Graphite_ (Mention)
(Vincent is open for interactions from anyone.)

Aster puffed her cheeks out and made to blow her bangs out of her face, her walking pace slowing to a crawl, a little annoyed that her pigtails hadn't negated the problem all together.

Her grandfather had advised the hairstyle, saying it would help, but now that she thought about it, she was pretty sure it was just a ploy to get her to wear something a little more 'girlish'.

At least Eve seemed to enjoy it, curled up like an ekans about to trike, between the junction of where her back met her backpack, little guy seemed to take some comfort in having fur to skin contact with the back of her neck.

Cherrygrove had been mostly uneventful, if fulfilling, her grandparents being both ex-trainers had insisted she begin her journey from their house, and Aster, unable to to refuse her grandparents pleads, had agreed.

Her nephew, Laurent, who lived as there grandmother's apprentice, had said she was weak willed.

She had countered that his Chikorita merely had to sniffle before he was falling over himself to do whatever she wanted.

They left it at that.

Sighing, she stopped walking, raised her hands and brought them down against her cheeks with a resounding smack.

Eve let out a startled yelp, and fell off her backpack, and scurried out from behind her legs to look at his trainer.

Aster dropped to a crouch soon after, "Yeah, I know, I'm a weirdo."

She brought two fingers to her Eevee's chin, and began to scratch, making the worried look melt away to one of contentment, as the the tiny fox purred.

That, that, was soon interrupted by another Eevee soon zooming past, chasing after something, with what was likely their Trainer right behind them.

Aster blinked, slowly, tilted her head, and mumbled to herself, "Should I help with that?"
--------------
Lunawolf1 Lunawolf1 (Mentioned)

So far both Nero and Minerva's journey through Route 30 was moving along particularly smoothly. The occasional Caterpie, Weedle, or Ratatta did make its presence known when the pair had unexpectedly wandered into their territory, but soon retreated when the wild Pokémon realized the two had meant them no harm. How dull. I thought we'd at least find some entertainment somwhere around here. Nero thought to himself. Speaking of the devil....

Upon entering a clearing Nero had taken note of multiple trainers making their way through Route 30. In the distance he spotted two trainers who both had Eevee's, one boy and one girl, though the boy had obviously lost control of his as it darted off. However, in the corner of his eye he noticed someone staring in his direction. Luckily for the other boy, or unluckily, this had caught Nero's ire. "What's up with you? Something about me capture your attention?" He called out to him

Interactions: quadraxis201 quadraxis201

After what felt like forever, Alexander had to stop for a second to catch his breath. Alice had finally caught the berry and was walking back with it when she soon noticed her trainer was panting as the little eevee ran over and placed the berry down. As soon as she did, the small male smirked and picked up the eevee and the berry smirking. "Listen Alice you can't run off lke that. Listen I know your cute and adorable but you might get hurt." Seeing the little pokemon look at him with her 'i'm cute and innocent!' face made him groan some. He soon sighed and looked around letting the eevee eat her berry. Noticing a couple of trainers around, he saw Alice look towards another pokemon and turned his head seeing someone with another eevee. Deciding to be nice, he soon walked over and smiled some. "Nice weather were having." He realized he was terrible with introductions but figured it was a start at least.

Interactions- Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage

Vincent Jameson

It was when the boy with his Noibat called Vincent out for looking at him that he nearly crumpled up. Vincent nervously pointed to himself as if to ask the boy, /Me...?/

Zach looked at them, then back to Vincent, giving him a couple of encouraging pats on his arm.

Vincent mustered up some courage and stood himself up, placing Zach on his shoulder as he went over to the Trainer with a Noibat. "I... I'm sorry if I upset you. It's just, I saw that Pokémon you have, and... I was a bit relieved to see someone who might be a fellow traveler. See, I'm visiting Johto from Unova, and... well..." Vincent tapped his pointer fingers together. "...I was looking for new things to sketch while I had a moment to rest."

From atop Vincent's left shoulder, Zach tilted his head at the Noibat, studying them for a moment. Then, with an impish chuckle and a toothy grin, Zach used his Illusion powers to become a doppelganger of the Noibat. "Oh... well, it looks like Zach here's taken a shining to your companion. Zoruas are... well, they're like that. From what the Breeder I got him from told me, they like to disguise themselves with Illusions like that in order to hide from larger, more dangerous Pokémon... or to just play tricks. They're called 'tricky foxes', after all. My pal is pretty harmless around other people and their Pokémon, though."

There was a time when Zach nearly scared the daylights out of a sleeping Vincent by standing at his bedside while disguised as him, but that was honestly a blemish not worth mentioning (especially with how embarrassing it actually was).

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Aster offered a half hearted wave, and an awkward smile, but didn't move to stand up from her crouch.

"Really," she offered in turn, smile straining, "quite lovely, yeah."

Eve, the ever paranoid, made a show of squinting his large eyes at the new arrivals, letting out a low, "Veee...", as they were scrutinized.

After several long seconds, the Eevee deemed them harmless, and slowly trotted over to it's twin in all but gender.

"Eev, eevee, vee, vee, eevee," he said seriously, placing a single paw on the other Fox Pokèmon's fluff, in what would likely translate to a hand in someone's shoulder, eyes narrowed.

Aster let out an awkward chuckle at the sight, aware that Eve had likely just issued a 'You Are Harmless, For Now, If That Changes, Expect Appropriate Force And Violence To Be Applied' warnings.

(Not her words, but her grandfather's Alakazam's. Odd cookie that one, not that she had room to talk. Eve had launched the equivalent of a rescue misson when she left him alone for three hours two months ago.)

"Sorry about that, uh," she puffed out another breath, " Aster Lenz, you?"

Nero couldn't help but smirk as the boy fumbled out some sort of apology. "Hey take it easy pal. I'm not here to causs any problems." As he spoke Nero rose his arms in an attempt tp reassure the boy. "At least you haven't given me amy reason to..." That last part he quietly muttered. When the boy began to further explain himself Nero crossed his arms over his chest and listened. "Unova hmm? Aren't you quite the ways away from home. Never been there myself; too many people for my liking anyways." He responded wtih a shrug of his. "As for me I'm grew up here in Johto. Blackthorn City more specifically."

At the mention of the boy's Zorua taking interest in Minerva, Nero turned his attention towards the two Pokémon and watched. Unlike her trainer Minerva had taken a friendlier approach to meet the other Pokémon. Within seconds the small fox like Pokémon became a perfect replica of her. How curious indeed. Minerva then gave out a little squeak as she took into the air and hovered around the doppelganger and took in every littlw detail.

Inteeaction: quadraxis201 quadraxis201

Alexander stood there feeling a bit awkward. He had no idea why he walked up to this random person beside the fact that they had an eevee as well. Realizing he had not given his name yet, the young man smiled and did a sort of showy bow to her. “Pleasure to make your acquaintance. The name is Alexander Yukino. This little girl next to me is named Alice.” The eevee blinked noticing her trainers bow and did the same to the other eevee. After a few more seconds, Alexander got up and smiled at her. “I do apologize if I may be random but figured it might be nice to talk with someone, that, and Alice just wanted to say hi to a fellow eevee.”

Noticing Alice getting ready to playfully pounce on the other eevee, Alexander quickly picked her up as the female eevee blinked flailing her paws around wanting to play with the other eevee. “Sorry about her, she just has been in a very playful mood today.” The eevee flailed a bit more but soon calmed down as she was placed down and sat there next to Alexander. Alice wanted to play but remained still waiting until she was given the okay.

dd20xth-a51e1a6a-e52e-4a4e-b20c-6e6dd120715c.pngToday had just been a big mess and Persia had just about had it. Her group...well ex group, she was traveling with, now had a huge fight broke apart and everyone went their separate ways and she was left alone and on top of that her Pokémon had disappeared in the mist of the fight. She had been looking everywhere for Mia but still no sign of her. Mia was quite a curious Pokemon...and hyper and if not closely paid attention to could run off without warning. Persia had roaming around calling out Mia's name looking for her. "Mia!....MIA!!....Ugh come on Mia where are you!? Ugh....I don't even know where the heck I am...idiot took my map...." Persia came to a stop when she noticed a couple of trainers nearby. "Maybe they've seen Mia." Persia walked up closer to the trainers and yelled out to them. "HEY EXCUSE ME HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN A....." Persia stopped talking when she thought she heard something. "Mia?" Looked around and spotted a familiar unicorn going in some bushes. "Mia!" Persia ran over to the bushes got on her knees and stuck her head in spotting Mia who seemed to be eating some berries. "There you are I've been looking everywhere for you." Persia grabbed Mia and attempted to pull her out. After a few mins of struggle. Persia finally managed to pull her out and fell backwards on to her back. "Ugh..." Persia sat up still holding tightly on to Mia and stood up. "Alright back in the ball." Persia said as she pulled out her pokeball. Once Mia was back in her pokeball Persia put it back in her bag and started pulling the leaves out of her hair and dusting her clothes off. "Ugh I just and i just bought this skirt to..."
Lunawolf1 Lunawolf1
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage
quadraxis201 quadraxis201

Vincent Jameson

"I... oh, okay." Vincent replied to Nero when he said he wasn't trying to cause trouble. "You called out to me, and I thought I had upset you in some way, that's all."

Vincent scratched the back of his head with a soft chuckle when Nero spoke a bit about Unova. "Yeah. I am kinda far away from home, I'll admit. As for Unova being really crowded, I can see that. I'm from Nimbasa-- they say it's the second most populous city in the world, y'know?" Vincent began, noticeably calmer. "But, Mom n' Dad are theatre actors there, and we get wonderful folks visiting from every Region of the globe who want to see a great live performance. Kinda recently, we had a huge group of... what would the word be... 'Hoennites'? Well, people from Hoenn... coming to see a play about the Draconids and Rayquaza. From what Mom told me, the theatre was packed every night, not a single unsold seat."

But come to think of it, Nero had mentioned he had grown up in this very Region, though his Pokémon of choice didn't seem to hail from Johto. "Now, you said you grew up in Blackthorn, right? I don't recall Mom mentioning Pokémon that look like yours anywhere in Johto. I might be mistaken, but... that one there... I think that one's from Kalos? Hmm..." Putting a hand to his chin and gently tapping it with one finger, Vincent added, "Were they a gift from someone, perhaps?"

While he awaited an answer, Vincent watched the Noibat float around Zach with curiosity, as if they were wondering how the Zorua had done what he had done. "Well, if your Pokémon and mine want to introduce themselves, then..." Vincent patted Zach as he cancelled his Illusion. Vincent then placed the little Zorua on the ground so he wouldn't fall off of his Trainer's shoulder if the Noibat wanted to shake paws with him or give some other sort of greeting.

Then, someone new came by and practically shouted at everyone present if they had seen someone, and it didn't take much time at all for the female Trainer to find who they were looking for-- namely, a unicorn-like Pokémon that they called "Mia". "Well, that one looks pretty special... Mom said I'd see Ponytas in Johto, but not like that... a Regional variant, you think?" Vincent commented to Nero.

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
animegirl20 animegirl20 (Spoken Mention)

So this kid wasn't just the child of one actor but two. Why would somebody with that kind of background leave behind such a cushy life just to travel the world? That thought made him visibly chuckle. Nero only half-heartedly listened to Vincent as he talk about some sort of play his parents where a part of. Such a topic was of little interest to him but his interest piqued and the mention of the Draconoids and Rayquaza. Growing up Nero had heard stories of the Dracondoids; they were an ancient people from Hoenn who revered Rayquaza as a god. Truth be told they weren't all that different from the clan he hailed from. "Oh I'm certain that such a play was historically representative of such ancient people." Nero playfully winked.

When the time came for Vincent to begin questioning him about his own Pokémon Nero shot him a quick glare. Who was this boy to pry into his own personal affairs? He didn't come for idle chatter he just wanted to know why he had been staring at him. With a reluctant sigh Nero began to speak up once again, "As a matter of fact she was. My uncle gifted her to me just last year." He paused a moment and took the time to consider how much information he wanted to divulge to the boy. After all they did just meet. Deciding to continue he spoke once again, "I come from a long line of Dragon Tamers. So when I decided to follow family tradition my uncle thought it for the best that I start off with something more manageable." It then hit him. He hadn't actually introduced himself to the boy before him. "Nero...Angelo." He stammered out.

He soon turned his gaze towards the two Pokémon and watched as Minerva glided to the ground. Confused that the Doppelganger had returned into a fox Minerva tilted her head to the side before letting out a squeak in greeting. Nero attention was soon torn back to Vincent as he spoke yet again. He followed his gaze and noticed a unique lookong Ponyta. "I think that's a Galarian Ponyta." Nero commented in response.

Interactions: quadraxis201 quadraxis201 / animegirl20 animegirl20 (mentioned)

So this kid wasn't just the child of one actor but two. Why would somebody with that kind of background leave behind such a cushy life just to travel the world? That thought made him visibly chuckle. Nero only half-heartedly listened to Vincent as he talk about some sort of play his parents where a part of. Such a topic was of little interest to him but his interest piqued and the mention of the Draconoids and Rayquaza. Growing up Nero had heard stories of the Dracondoids; they were an ancient people from Hoenn who revered Rayquaza as a god. Truth be told they weren't all that different from the clan he hailed from. "Oh I'm certain that such a play was historically representative of such ancient people." Nero playfully winked.

When the time came for Vincent to begin questioning him about his own Pokémon Nero shot him a quick glare. Who was this boy to pry into his own personal affairs? He didn't come for idle chatter he just wanted to know why he had been staring at him. With a reluctant sigh Nero began to speak up once again, "As a matter of fact she was. My uncle gifted her to me just last year." He paused a moment and took the time to consider how much information he wanted to divulge to the boy. After all they did just meet. Deciding to continue he spoke once again, "I come from a long line of Dragon Tamers. So when I decided to follow family tradition my uncle thought it for the best that I start off with something more manageable." It then hit him. He hadn't actually introduced himself to the boy before him. "Nero...Angelo." He stammered out.

He soon turned his gaze towards the two Pokémon and watched as Minerva glided to the ground. Confused that the Doppelganger had returned into a fox Minerva tilted her head to the side before letting out a squeak in greeting. Nero attention was soon torn back to Vincent as he spoke yet again. He followed his gaze and noticed a unique lookong Ponyta. "I think that's one of those Galarian Ponyta." Nero mused.

Interactions: quadraxis201 quadraxis201 / animegirl20 animegirl20 (mentioned)

"It's fine, honest," here she made to tap her own Eevee on the head twice, making the little fox twitch and shake his head a bit, "Eve here could use a couple friends, Ho-Oh only knows how much he needs it."

Perking up a bit at the sudden intrusion of another voice, Aster moved to finally stand back up, from what they were saying, it seemed that they had lost their own partner temporarily, only to find them seconds later in the brush.

"Well," she shrugged, "at least it wasn't too serious, I guess."

Making a gesture with her left hand towards Eve, and proceeding to hold out her arms as to brace for the impact of catching something, the small fox trotted backwards a bit before giving a running start so that he could he launch himself into his trainers arms.

This failed.

It was almost hilarious, while Aster had readied her arms, she forgot to spread her legs as well, and fell over as nearly sixteen pounds of airborne Eevee made contact with her stomach.

For the next little bit she sent her time on the ground, sprawled out, and... Trying to regain her breath.

Only, Eve had taken it upon himself to scramble onto his trainers chest and let out worried little squeaks of it's species name.

Aster proceeded to try and push him off, so she could breathe easier.

....I have a feeling this whole 'Journey' this is just going to end up being one monumental mistake after another! Aster thought to herself.
--------------
Lunawolf1 Lunawolf1 (Interaction)

animegirl20 animegirl20 (Mentioned)

Vincent Jameson

Vincent perked up a bit when Nero seemed to be making a joke about how faithful the Draconid play was to the material. "Yeah, it was, actually. When the script was being written, they had an expert or two on hand to check for historical accuracy as far as props, costumes, and backgrounds went. Of course... we didn't actually have Rayquaza just lying around, so the stagehands had to make do with an animatronic figure, but from bits of what I saw, it still looked fantastic."

However, this perk went away when it looked like Nero had gotten annoyed at Vincent's question as to where he had acquired his Noibat. "Actually... I kind of realize now how invasive that question was. I should've just asked in general where you got them from, maybe." Even still, Nero had explained that his family lineage included a number of Dragon Tamers-- oh, well it certainly was a good thing Vincent had just so happened to have mentioned the Draconids, then. "Following a family tradition... I like it. As for me, well..." Vincent clutched one arm. "I'm... sort of doing that myself, but in a different way, I guess you could say. I'm here on a trip to search for Pokémon to befriend; Dark-types, mainly-- and then I'll return to Unova when I feel like I've finished sightseeing. My ferry ticket doesn't expire, thank goodness for that."

When Nero gave an introduction, Vincent did the same. "Vincent Jameson." He replied rather simply.

Nero had mentioned how the Ponyta Vincent had seen was Galarian, and this reminded Vincent of something. "Galar... y'know, they were the first Region in the world to have a Dark-type Gym. Before then, Dark Pokémon were only really ever featured in the Elite Four. I know we have a Dark-user back home in our own E-4, a mad gambler named Grimsley. Even with his habits, the guy still has the money to travel to Alola every now and again, apparently. Come to think of it, there's something curious I heard about Alola that has my interest piqued."

When Minerva chirped out a greeting, Zach greeted the Noibat back with a smile and a "Zor~!"

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
animegirl20 animegirl20 (Mention)

Regarding the statement Vincent had made about Rayquaza an ever so faint chuckle escaped Nero's lips. "Seeing a Rayquaza in person would be its own spectacular." He mused over his statement. Being able to see such an incredible beast was one of Nero's life long dreams. Not to mention the fact that out of all the Dragon-Type Legendaries Rayquaza was one of his personal favorites.

When Vincent began to apologize Nero simply waved it off with a flick of his hand. "Hey I shared a bit about myself so it's only fair that you do the same." This time it was Nero who had a question of his own. "You mentioned that youu came to Johto to look for Dark-Types. Mind if I ask why?" It was rather unusual for a trainer to want to specialize in Dark-Types. From what Lance told him about the Leagues of other regions only a couple trainers chose to master them.

Back to topic about the Galarian Ponyta, Vincent had mentioned that something about Galar interested him. "Oh? And what would that be?" He asked.

Alexander looked at her and chuckled some. He had a feeling this girl was going to be someone that would be interesting to travel with. That and someone else with another eevee would be fun to see what would happen. About to see where she was heading, he soon saw a girl running to find her Pokémon and she seemed to find it. Smiling a bit at the site, he soon turned around and looked back at Aster and offered her a hand. "Was curious if you had any plans on where your traveling. I know we just met but I think it might be fun to travel with someone I assume is from this region since I'm from kilos myself." Waiting to help her up, Alice started to walk over and soon started to wander off to check out that strange new Pokémon that appeared. Only being stopped by being picked up real quick.

Interactions-
Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage
animegirl20 animegirl20 (mention)

Vincent Jameson

Half of Vincent's mouth curved into a grin when Nero had asked him why he wanted to focus on gathering Dark-type Pokémon. "Remember how I said I was following my family's history of acting in a different way? Well... I want to work towards becoming the Leader of the world's second-ever Dark-type Gym, and while that isn't exactly the most original dream for a person to have, I have some concept sketches over in my notebook for how I want the place to look, and I have some..." Vincent put a finger to his mouth. "...twists in mind."

A glimmer seemed to appear in Vincent's eye as he began to explain how his future Gym would work. "Imagine, if you will, you're a Trainer looking to collect Gym Badges and challenge the League. On your quest, you encounter a theatre, and as you navigate through shadows and make your way to the main stage, you find yourself face-to-face with a figure cloaked in shadows who awaits their next challenge. In that instant, even for just a brief time, you don the role of a hero right as the climactic battle of a grand story begins, your Pokémon and theirs exchanging blows like choreography. A clash of light and dark-- truly an iconic trope of any action-packed tale."

When asked about what it was about Alola that interested him, Vincent was glad to answer... perhaps a bit too glad. "Ah, the Region of Alola. A land of sun-soaked beaches, Mantine surfing, crystal waters, and festivities. But..." It was then that Vincent's tone of speaking seemed to gain sinister undertones, as if he was narrating a story. "...when the full moon fills the sky with its silver light, beasts roam the canyons, creatures with great, mighty howls that pierce the stillness of night like a dagger, their eyes as red as rubies. That... is what I find most curious about such a place. If I were to acquire such a Pokémon... what a wonderful thing that would be." Having said his piece, Vincent's manner of speaking returned to normal. "Of course... I've heard those Pokémon are Rock-types, but..."

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Aster blinked as she came to her knees on the ground, Eve safely tucked away in her arms, genuinely confused by the offer in front of her, "You wanna travel, with me?"

She unwound a single arm so that she could point at herself, eyes still wide.

Someone wants to travel with me?

It was a bit of a novel experience, back in Ecruteak most kids her age either made fun of her for the passion she had about becoming a Kimono girl, or thought her just plain weird after the 'Drowning Incident' with the Dratini two years back when her class had visited Blackthorn for half a week.

(So. Many. Garados. It was terrifying.)

Eve, finally a bit annoyed with his trainers prolonged silence, let a sharp bark of his name, and used his tail to tickle her chin, making her break out of her stupor.

"Er, right," she began, shifting her hold on Eve as she slowly made her way to her feet, "traveling, how about we make it to the next town before we iron anything out?"

Nero was quick to note the sudden joyous shift in Vincent's demeanor the moment his questions had reached the boy's ears. "You want to become a Gym Leader who specializes in Dark-Types eh? It would definitely be nice for Dark Pokémon to get a little more recognition in the professional world. Like Dragon-Types, Dark-Types do have the common misconception of being scary beasts." At this point Minerva had returned to her perch on her trainers shoulder and Nero gently scratched her under a chin.

Deciding to humor the boy, Nero closed his eyes and did his best to imagine Vincent's would-be gym. As far as gym designs went he had to admit that it was intriguing. "Well at least it won't be like that death trap that is the Blackthorn City Gym. Having to navigate platforms over a literal floor of lava in order to battle the Gym Leader." Nero visibly shivered as he spoke those words. As a young child Clair had alway warned him to never fool around in her gym. One day he went against his mother's wishes and decided to pay her a surprise visit while she was working. Not knowing how to properly operate the platforms Nero had managed to get himself stuck in the middle of said pool of lava. It was a miserable thirty minutes as he waited for his mother to get him free. By the time she reached him he was a bawling mess... definitely not one of his finer moments.

Nero quickly shook that memory away once Vincent began to describe some sort of creature that stalked the nights of Alola. Most people would do their best to avoid such a creature but not Vincent. "Well you certainly are an odd fellow aren't you?" Nero smiled. "I'm not sure about the Pokémon you speak of, but recently there has been a surge of non-native Pokémon being spotted all around Johto. Professor Elm believes that the cause for this is all the trainers who visit from other regions."

Hearing a light beep coming from his Pokègear Nero quickly brought the device out of his pocket and sighed. Noon was rapidly approaching and he had made little to no progress in his journey. "Look it was great talking with you and all but it would be best for me to get moving."

Interactions: quadraxis201 quadraxis201

Vincent Jameson

Vincent was very glad to hear Nero express feelings of approval toward his ideas. "Thanks... it's always nice to hear things like that. Helps to boost my confidence." When Nero mentioned how Blackthorn Gym's puzzle was a 'deathtrap' involving lava, however, Vincent softly gulped. If he was going to be challenging the Johto League, he would inevitably have to face that hurdle. "Something like that, on the other hand..."

Sensing minor distress from his Trainer, Zach came over and brushed himself up against Vincent's leg to comfort him. Nero's comment about how "odd" Vincent was also gave him a mild chuckle. "Yeah... I have a certain way of saying things, I guess..." Upon hearing how non-native Pokémon had appeared in Johto, Vincent's mood had been boosted even more. "Oh, then maybe there's a chance I can find one!"

When Nero mentioned he needed to get a move on, Vincent and Zach nodded. "Okay, nice talking with you, then." With Nero about to move along with his own quest, Vincent wanted to investigate that Galarian Ponyta a bit more. He picked Zach up and mounted him on his shoulder once more before heading over in the direction of where he saw the unicorn-like Pokémon. Along the way, he spotted another Trainer who had stopped their Eevee from heading in that direction themselves.

Upon reaching where the Galarian Ponyta and their Trainer were, Vincent noticed them plucking leaves and brushing dirt off of their clothes. "Oh, are you alright?"

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
animegirl20 animegirl20
Lunawolf1 Lunawolf1 (Mention)

"Oh, are you alright?"

Persia stopped what she was doing when she heard a voice from behind her. She turned to see it was one of the trainers. She sighed as she pulled a leave out of her hair. "I'm fine just annoyed." She glanced around at the other trainers then back at the boy in front her and smiled at him. "Thanks for asking though." Persia then crossed her arms as she looked around. She had to figure out what where she was going now. She really didn't have any actual plans and om top of that she was lost. Though....maybe this guy could be of some help. She looked at the boy and smiled at him. "I'm Persia by the way....So uh I see other trainers around. Do you guys happen to be traveling together or no?"
quadraxis201 quadraxis201

Nero managed to only make it a few steps before a soft squeak from Minerva had caught his attention. "Hm?" He glanced over at his Pokémon and noticed that she had her wings outstretched. This was a common indication that she wished to stretch her wings by fluttering about. "Yeah. Yeah. Go on ahead. Just remember to stay within my sight." With another enthusiastic squeak Minerva darted into the sky above. As Nero continued to press onward he kept his eye glued to his Pokémon. Recently there have been reports all across Johto that a criminal organization from the neighboring Kanto region had set up shot. They where known for stealing others people Pokémon and no was he going to allow that to happen to his Minerva. Nero had been so preoccupied with his thoughts that he hadn't noticed the two trainers with Eevee's and almost collided into them.

Interactions: Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage and Lunawolf1 Lunawolf1

Vincent Jameson

Vincent and Zach both shook their heads when Persia asked him if he was traveling with any of the other trainers. "Nope, it's just Zach n' me for now. But, good to hear you aren't hurt at all, Persia." Vincent replied to Persia, gently patting the Zorua on his shoulder. "Though I have to say, I've never seen a Ponyta like that before. When my Mom was telling me about Johto, one thing she told me was that they looked like flaming... well, ponies. The one you have, on the other hand, I believe someone told me that's a Galarian one, right? It's interesting to see regional variations of Pokémon like that. Why, now that I'm looking at it, what is their typing? Galarian Ponytas certainly don't look like Fire-types... they do look rather pretty, though." He added, tapping a finger against his chin. "Me personally? I'm searching for Dark-types, like my pal here." Vincent gave Zach a couple more head pats. "I might even see about tackling the Gyms along the way."

Interactions:
animegirl20 animegirl20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back