• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A homocide, a Demon and a Soul. (Veno and Shayde)

Heavy breathes expelled from her lungs as she stared forward in silence. Her hands were in front of her body, her fingers clutching tightly onto a small piece of paper, writing scribbled onto the wrinkled surface as her gaze remained locked onto the clearing in front of her. She could feel the cold wind caressing her, running up her back and sending chills down her spine. The tall trees near by looming over her, their shedding branches stretched out far, reaching for her in an unsettling manner. It felt a bit difficult to breathe normally- she couldn't decipher on whether it was because of the altitude or her own panic and uneasiness. She decided it was the latter.

'Am I really doing this...? I mean... no- no doubts... Just do it. I-its likely that its all fake anyways. Theres no other choice. Just do it.' She thought to herself slowly as she carefully looked around, biting her bottom lip lightly as her surroundings were examined. The sky was a midnight black, it was difficult for her to see but she could still make out the general shape of the top of the mountain that she was on. A bit of a distance to her right was the cliff, she made sure to keep her distance, and attempted to forget of its existence. She was surrounded by trees which enclosed this clearing. At the bottom of the steep mountain was a rather wide river. In the mornings this site was absolutely stunning... Though in the night, she felt petrified.

She was running low on time, she knew that midnight was coming... She had to hurry up and do what she came here for. Accompanying the whistling of the wind, she could hear the howling of distant wolves. Finally, with trepidation she tightened her grip on the note and held it close to her chest, she closed her eyes tightly- she didnt need to read off of the paper, out of nervousness she had read it thousands of times by now while on her way here. It was engraved into her mind. 

Drawing in a deep breath, she cried out the two phrases with a slightly shaky, yet bold voice. "D-... Demon of intellect! I call forth your presence and power. I summon thee for a contract!" She called out into the night, her voice echoing within the wind as she tightened her grip on the paper, her body shuddering as the cold air bit at her skin. "Please... Your my last chance..." She whispered quietly and a bit shakily.

For an ominous couple of moments, the mountain seemed to go far more silent than it had before. It was as if the winds had halted in their attempt to run through the trees and the wolves had heard the summon and cowered in fear. A minute passed and nothing changed. Everything just stilled and this 'attempt' appeared futile altogether. 

"She's patient," he thought silently, eyeing the girl who remained in the clearing even as minute after minute passed of nothing. He was studying her through a portal of sorts; a window that was strictly for viewing of the human realm. It was just outside of the visible spectrum to the human eye, so he considered it to be one way glass in a way. It was especially useful whenever some stupid kids decided they wanted to summon a real live demon or play Bloody Mary or whatever it was. 

"I know what you're thinking, and I don't like it." Cedric warned from behind Damien. "I don't know why you still insist on doing this. It's a waste of time. The only visitors you ever get now are crazy lunatics who don't know what they are getting themselves into. Remember the sacrifice incident?"

"Shut up. Does she look like she'd kill a lamb to you?" Arielle hissed out at her brother. She was the more careless of the two, but Damien was leaning more toward her opinion this time. It'd been a while since he'd seen earth, and though he could do without the fumes, fast food, and annoying humans, he had recently been craving a fresh, new soul. 

Without a word to his assistants, he stood himself up from his chair and stretched his body out, releasing a low yawn and blinking away the sleep from his eyes. While he was dusting himself off, he noticed the twins eyeing him. One wore a bright, devious smile and the other adorning a disapproving frown. 

"You'll regret this."

"This is going to be so cool."

As he snapped his fingers, a blinding golden light illuminated the clearing briefly. It shone like the sun itself had spawned inside the forest and not even he dared to open his eyes as he entered the human realm for what felt like the first time in ages. Now, all that was left speaking with this girl and deciding if she was worth his time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
She didn't move from her position as the minutes ticked by. She held onto whatever hope that she had that this was real as she clutched onto the paper, however as the time continued to draw on, and nothing but silence surrounded her she began to fall into doubt, her hope beginning to wither as she felt as if her last chance, her last hope to saving the one person precious to her diminishing. Yet still she stayed, she would wait hours upon hours, days after days if she had to... She was determined.

"Please..." She whispered quietly under her breath as her body shuddered and shivered, standing still on the top of a mountain in the dead of the night definitely wasn't the most comfortable experience, she was quite cold at this point. She lowered her head a bit, allowing her long, dark brown hair to fall in front of her pale features. Her soft green eyes opened just a bit, staring down to the ground through the darkness.

She was beginning to grow afraid that this was just a hoax... 'M-maybe i shouldn't have trusted that old lady...' She thought to herself quietly, before suddenly, to her surprise a golden light exploded within the clearing, illuminating the area and instantly stinging her eyes a bit. A loud gasp and yelp escaped her vocals as the girl immediately stumbled back, her balance wavering while she hurriedly shut her eyes and reflexively moved her arms over her face. The paper in her hand was dropped and was immediately swept away by the wind. Her body fell tense and she practically held her breath. Her body trembled and her breath came out a rigid. Once the blinding light began to die down, Verena slowly dared to open her eyes, she blinked them a few times as they adjusted to the darkness and she lowered her arms a bit. Her eyes squinted as she attempted to look onward towards the origin of the light.

'no way... this is really... okay...- c-calm down...' She thinks to herself slowly as she freezes where she stands staring forward, she could see the basic outline of something-someone a few feet ahead of her, however the darkness disallowed her to make out any details. A sense of nervousness, and anxiety weighed down her stomach, part of her was even a bit afraid, but she was determined, and would not be deterred by her fear or nervousness. Her will allowed her to take a small step forward.

"H-hello?" She hesitated a moment, before trying to build up a bit of confidence. "I- I'm forming a contract with you!" She quickly calls out boldly without too much noticeable fear.

As the explosion of light began to die and fade away like a candle, his silhouette became more visible in the darkness. For only a split second, there appeared to be long, feathered appendages on his back but they were almost immediately gone and easily mistaken for a hallucination. Of course, he assumed nothing in this situation seemed real to this poor, little human. 

His eyes trailed along the clearing while he looked for her, and it didn't take long for him to catch the scent of her human presence behind himself. However, he hesitated in turning around just yet. As he dusted a little of the rubble from his clothes, he heard the unmistakably human outburst from behind him: a meek, unsure 'hello'.

It was fitting for the dilemma she was in, but her next call caught him off guard. She sounded far more confident. It was a command... She was truly trying to command the demon before they made a contract. 'I was right. This one is interesting.' He finally turned to face her, his amber eyes that resembled the light from a few moments ago giving off a chilling glow into the darkness. 

"Are you now?" He finally said as he slowly began his approach. He had his hands in his pockets and appeared relaxed. It was as if none of the events from a moment ago had never happened and he'd been standing there the entire time. 

His advance came to a halt about six feet away where he got a much better look at the girl. He analyzed every bit if her form, from her posture, to her expression, to her outfit and all. He was making a judgement based on every bit of her. He couldn't just accept a contract from everyone. Having a demon in one's possession is quite a bit of power. 

"Only the desperate and the psychotic come to me for help. What do you want?" 

He was intimidating... Definitely intimidating. Despite the fact that he was so relaxed- so calm, it would be impossible for any human to not be intimidated by him. The simple thought that such a powerful creature was standing before her, a being with incredible power and thousands of terrifying stories about them, was more than enough to intimidate her. She bit her bottom lip, gripping onto her arms tightly and tensing as the demon slowly approached her.

Her body naturally leaned back a bit, however she restrained from taking any steps back. She stared up at him, the closer he got the better she could see him- he looked more human than she would have expected. She drew in a deep breath of cold air as she listened to his relaxed words- he was probably right, no sane person would call upon a demon... She truly was desperate at this point.

She took a moment, trying to gather her voice and words, once she did she quickly spoke out, trying to keep her words short and to-the-point. "I... Uhm. I need you to find someone... for me... Kind of." She breathes out slowly and quietly. She hesitated a second before quickly adding on. "It's my sister, she's gone missing... Or, rather- she's been kidnapped." Verena's gaze trailed to the ground for a moment. "Theres been these murders... bodies are found every few weeks, there haven't been any leads... N-no one can solve it and now- now my sister is missing too... " She mumbles out, her voice growing a bit tight and shaky near the end as she clearly tries to hold back her emotions. She looked back up to the demon, hesitating before she drew in a breath of confidence and grit her teeth, practically holding her breath as she suddenly took a few more steps forward, moving closer to the demon with determination, confidence and boldness swimming within her optics. She came to a hard stop just a few feet away from him, staring up at him stiffly. "I dont have much time... I need you to help me, I need you to save her... I dont care what the price is. Please." She quickly exclaimed while staring straight up to the tall man, her grip on her own arms remaining tight as she held back whatever fear and uncertainty she felt. She was serious about this.

His eyes naturally, but very subtly narrowed as she spoke. He was still analyzing her form, and now her tone, vocabulary, and speech while she explained herself. He was always suspicious when he was summoned. He'd once mistaken a demon hunter for an obedient customer, and the battle that followed definitely encouraged him to enforce caution when he came to the human world. 

As she spoke, the story that followed was a bit surprising. Not many came up here actually asking him to do some investigating. They usually appeared in search of an assassin, unknowingly signing over their soul to a demon. Sometimes, he took pleasure in fooling selfish humans like this, but this girl was different in some way. She wanted him to save another human. She was willing to sacrifice her soul for her sister. How heroic. 

Despite how abnormal this human was, he was still fairly interested in the case as well. He'd found that law enforcement in this world were rather incompetent. It was difficult to say whether this case was genuinely a hard one, or the police were genuinely stupid. There was really only one way to find out. 

He was so absorbed in thought that he had barely taken notice of her brave approach towards him and her bold statement. If he hadn't known better, he'd think she was threatening suicide. 

"You're fairly eager for someone who has yet to read the terms and conditions, aren't you?" He warned, remaining in his place before beginning slowly. "Well, should I choose to accept this case of yours... Or your sister's rather, then you should know the rules. Once I'm contractually obliged, you are fully able to utilize me in any shape or form that relates to the objective. In this contract, that would be discovering your sister. I cannot and will not bring anyone back to life. It's not within my power to do so, unfortunately. You'd best hope that she is found in time so that this doesn't become a problem. Also, I cannot leave the human realm until the contract is met, I can make contact and form portals but cannot return to my home. That one pertains to me more, but I like to inform you of everything. Once the contract's objective is met, I will take my payment and leave. If any of these rules are disobeyed, then a punishment must be held for the poor fool. Under no circumstances can this contract be considered null and void. It is eternal until the objective is met, and so an objective must be met. Otherwise, I will be forced to stay here under your command and you don't want to deal with an unhappy demon. The contract cannot be changed once agreed to by both parties, and finally, I only accept a single form of payment for my services. Once the objective is met, I will take your soul."

Verena shuddered naturally at the coldness of the night. She get her gaze focused up to the demons peculiar eyes- she found them interesting, however she quickly pushed her mind away from that, and focused on what he was saying. She listened to his words closely and carefully, listening to the rules and how this will work, however she knew that no matter what he said, there was nothing that would stop her from doing this. Her grip on her arms slowly loosened a little as she managed to calm down a bit as time passed; yes it was intimidating being near this demon, especially with him talking about taking her soul... Though she didn't necessarily find him scary.

Once he finished Verena gave zero hesitance before nodding, reaching one hand up she pushed some of her hair out of her face. "Okay." She breathed out while watching him closely. She didn't care if she lost her soul... She had no idea what would happen when he takes it, but that didn't matter to her, she just wanted her sister safe. "I-... I understand. If you find my sister... Than ill give you my soul. Is that... everthing?" She asks slowly and a little quietly while watching the demon and swiftly holding a hand out, as if to seal the deal. She really seemed to be rushing this, showing exactly how desperate she was.

Her lack of hesitation in response to him was concerning in a way. He'd deemed her desperate, but maybe she really was a lunatic, but an interesting one and that was all he needed to make up his mind. 

With a strange hand movement into the air, he murmured out an incoherent sentence smoothly and within just a moment, a knife had appeared. It was small, but clearly sharp to the touch as he held it carefully within his own grasp. After another second, a piece of paper fluttered into the air seemingly out of nothing. It had some neat handwriting on it, but the language was untranslatable, at least to a human. 

"Last chance. I need at least one drop of your blood to seal the physical contract. Leave it on the paper at the bottom. Or, you can turn around now and go home, hoping the police will find your sister in time. It's your call." He breathed out as he watched. Judging from her previous actions though, he already knew exactly what she'd do as he handed her both the items he held in his hands. 

Verena paused, and slowly drew her extended hand back a bit, watching curiously as a knife and paper flickered into existence in front of her. She glanced back up to him and nodded as she reached forward and grasped the two objects without hesitation. A small "Thanks" Slipped her vocals as she took the objects, she hardly realized she said it, she was just so accustomed to it. She had no doubts, worries or uncertainties on making this decision, there were no other decisions to make... She knew the police would not be able to solve this case in time. She adjusted her hold on the paper and drew the tip of the knife close to her hand, a small wince distorted her face as she pricked her thumb with the sharp weapon. A bead of blood forming on her skin, she carefully pressed her thumb down onto the bottom of the paper, leaving a fingerprint of blood.

She had just quite literally sold her soul to the devil. She gently extended the objects back out towards him, handing it back to him as she watched him quietly. After a moment she turned her body a bit and looked around at her pitch-black surroundings. She paused a moment to think, they weren't too far off from where the first body was found. She quickly looked back up to the demon and asked carefully. "Can I have you name?" Her head tilted just a bit as she asked this, some of her long hair falling over her shoulders.

He watched patiently as she took the objects and did just what he'd expected of her. She really was a curious case. What was even more strange was how she'd thanked him for giving her the contract, not one of his 'customers' had ever thanked him in any way. They only asked that he accomplish the deed and then he took their soul... It had always been that simple.

As he thought this over, a small smirk came to press his features and once she'd done what was asked, he took the two items away from her and they disappeared again into thin air. The contract was sealed now and  he was under her control until he takes her soul as promised. Surely Arielle and Cedric would've received the message by now and we're probably bickering about it. The thought set him a bit more at ease somehow. 

"Damien," he answered absentmindedly. "And how should I refer to you?"

"Damien..." She repeated quietly, memorizing the name before answering his questions. "Verena... But, just call me Vera." She exclaimed while watching him. Verena actually felt somewhat relieved, relieved that this wasn't a hoax, and that she managed to get  a contact with him. She was one step closer to finding her sister, and now there was no more time to waste. She looked around once again, hesitating before she reached out, and in a quick, though careful movement she had gripped Damien's arm. "Come on, lets go. " She breathes out as she immediately began to jog off, pulling him along with her. She jogged down the slope of the mountain carefully, at one point she slipped into the forest, and carefully navigated her way around through the darkness. It was hard to see, but she managed. 

'Where is it...?'  She questioned herself quietly as she bit her bottom lip trying to find that particular spot once more, her jog had changed to a brisk walk, as she searched, she decided to tell him a bit more. "Uhm- They said that with this murderer... a body is usually found a week after they go missing... Its been two days. "

After a few more minutes of searching she finally found the spot, marked by the caution tape that had broken by now and was hanging tied to one of the trees. Verena came to a slow halt and slipped her hand off of Damien, "This is where the first body was found..." She quickly explains while glancing over to Damien for a moment, then back to the area in front of her. Besides the caution tape, the place looked completely normal, just another part of the forest. There really didn't seem to be anything 'off'. The ground was covered with dead leafs, a few still had some very old, dried blood on them. 

It was very late, and truthfully Verena was exhausted, she had hardly gotten any sleep the last two days, though she didnt plan on sleeping any time soon. She just wanted to continue this case, she felt like she had to work as hard as possible... she felt like she cant afford to waste any time at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back