• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Hero's Burdens (Private)

haharley

HaHarley
teathyme teathyme

Todoroki didn't want to be here.

At least...

He didn't want to be here for a while. The short break had been complicated, what with his family issues, and the last thing he wanted to worry about was sharing a classroom with a hot headed egotistical idiot like Bakugo. Unfortunately, he didn't have much choice in the matter. He paused momentarily outside the classroom door, his hands pressing gently against the doorknob as he listened to the class.

From outside he could hear Midoriya's laughter, Momo's soft chatter, Eijo an Bakugo in a screaming match of sorts, despite the fact it was early and they'd probably all just rolled out of bed.

He'd changed his mind. It was much nicer to be here, with this class of idiots: his real family.

He turned the knob, walking inside and going to his usual seat without a word, setting his backpack on the chair behind him and settling in his chair with his notebook sat on the desktop in front of him, ready to learn.

Of course, he wasn't the only one having 'first day back jitters'.

A small blonde girl fidgeted with her school uniform, running fingers through her wavy locks as she hurried down the hallway. She was never great with people, and as if sitting in a classroom with a dozen or so of them wasn't enough, she had to actively work not to be found out because of her families poor decision making process'. She was interrupted from her train of thought as she almost ran past the classroom, skidding to a halt as she checked the room number against the one Aizawa had written on a small piece of paper and shoved into her palm a few nights before.

This door was the one.

She got on her tiptoes, peeking inside the classroom at the mix of characters, the strange anamolies that were other humans, and hesitated. Aizawa wasn't here yet. She could still turn around and leave, sneak back home... she found herself doing neither, sinking back to the floor and stepping to the side, running a hesitant hand through her bright new locks before thinking about what Aizawa had told her in encouragement.. that this was her chance to start fresh again.

With that in mind, she swung open the door, taking a step inside with her head down, and trying to ignore the way the room fell silent at her entrance. Here we go.

There was something about the way everything seemed to just go back to normal the moment everyone was in a classroom together again that Sakasa couldn't help but quietly admire. It didn't seem like they had been away from school or each other at all. Meanwhile she still felt as out of touch with the rest of them per usual, which couldn't be helped when you were as awkward with people as she was. She couldn't just click her way through conversations with others like she would in video games.

Still, it was all very nice to observe, though she'd never stare at any one for too long. Sakasa had been in the process of reviewing her notes from their last history lecture when she picked up on motion beside her. She stole a glance at Todoroki who was seated beside her and hesitated. It would be rude for her to just acknowledge his presence but say nothing, right? "G-good morning, Todoroki...," she spoke a little too softly and had to wonder if he had even heard her small greeting.

But Sakasa didn't have time to ponder for long as the classroom's liveliness had soon been replaced by silence which was quickly broken once Bakugou had began mouthing off to a blonde female that none of them really seemed to recognize. That behavior wasn't surprising, but it was definitely curious to see a student they didn't know standing at their door just a few minutes before the bell was due to ring. "Are we getting a new transfer student?," she asked nobody in particular as she cupped her chin in thought.

The small blonde was wearing their school uniform but Sakasa didn't recognize her as a student from 1-B, not to mention the girl was currently standing in their classroom's door way. It was the only logical explanation that she could think of at the moment, and while she momentarily wondered about why they hadn't heard anything about this before, she decided not to think much more on it upon remembering that Aizawa was their homeroom teacher.

~***~

Bakugou was glad to be back at UA again. Not because he particularly liked school- because he really didn't, but because he had been growing restless over the past couple of days due to not being able to use his Quirk as much as he'd have liked. All because of those damned Quirk Regulation laws. He was ready for some action again. This whole school was his new stomping ground and he was prepared to walk all over everyone to make it to the top. He wasn't here to make friends like Deku and the rest of the idiots in his class.

So when Kirishima and the others began to tease him about not going out and having a life over the break, he had nearly blown a fuse; though that wouldn't have been anything out of the ordinary with him. "Shut the hell up! I don't have time to waste playing around like the rest of you losers!," he yelled, slamming a hand on his desk though his classmates were no longer as intimidated with him as they were during the beginning of the year. Not even stupid Deku. They all pissed him off. Especially Deku.

"Chill out, dude," Kirishima chuckled before teasing, "we're just messin' with you. If you just wanna yell and blow stuff up all day then, hey, be my guest. No one's gonna try to stop you." This redhead in particular pissed him off as well. He was just too goddamn friendly with everyone, always laughing and trying to have a good time. Not to mention that ridiculously annoying Quirk of his. Why they hell did he need to be so difficult to blow up!?

"Damn straight. You all better stay out of my way if you know what's good for you," Bakugou grinned as he kicked back in his seat and wore a smug look, only for everyone's attention to quickly shift away from him and towards the blonde stranger at the door instead. "What the hell, this ain't the first week of school anymore! You tellin' me that people are actually still getting lost here? That's almost as pathetic as Deku," he never wasted a moment to take a jab at Midoriya, even if it was at a total stranger's expense.

It really didn't help that this stranger in particular had just crashed one of his moments, not to mention he was already feeling pretty crabby after watching everyone act all buddy-buddy for the past ten minutes. Screw this. He wasn't ever going to show up early again.

"U-uhm..." Deku mumbled at the insult to his name, shifting uncomfortably in his seat as he looked up to the new kid. "Are you looking for 1A?" He tried to supply helpfully. He wasn't like Bakugo, his soft quiet nature and determination often helping him find new friends instead of .. well.. blowing things out of proportion like kacchan.

"...That's right." The blonde said, quietly shutting the door behind her and offering a small bow to the class before heading to the seat in front of Sakasa. She set her book bag down, settling in her seat.

"good morning." Todoroki said softly, delayed by the commotion, to Sakasa. He investigated the new student with curious eyes... something about her was familiar but he couldn't quite place why. He offered Sakasa another soft smile, "break looks like it was good for yo--" before getting cut off by Minoru jumping over his desk, sliding across it, and settling down in front of the new girl

Of course, as Minoru immediately went in for the strike. "..Hey there pretty lady." he smoothed back his purple hair, moving to stick a purple ball onto her desk. "Maybe we should..stick together." he purred. "The ladies often say I help them out."

"...Er...no thanks.." Saki said softly, crossing her legs under the desk and ignoring the way Minoru fell back in almost faint embarassment.

"Well, I"m Tenya Iida." the class rep bowed "Pleasure to make your acquaintance-- you are a bit.. late.. to join our class aren't you?"

"Guys you're overwhelming her" Uraraka let out a soft awkward laugh.

Saki was already beginning to shut them out, focusing on her own stuff in her head- mostly on how to not explode at Bakugo for calling her pathetic for something she didn't even do-- she grit her teeth together, pushing her hair back, and ignoring the situations the best she could.

Bakugou's right eye twitched a bit in response to how the girl had just straight up brushed him off. 'Who the hell does she think she is!?,' he thought to himself angrily with gritted teeth as sparks began to fly from his clenched fist. He didn't take his glare off of her for a moment and watched as she just casually settled into a seat a couple of rows away from him. Like she was a classmate of theirs, but since freakin' when!? What made things even worse was the fact that everyone else seemed to just accept the whole thing! Were they all as dumb as cows or something?

"Dude you need to calm down," Kirishima tried to tell the fuming Bakugou, "I mean, it's not such a bad thing right? Having someone new in class might make things interesting."

"Yeah and to top it off she's really cute too," Kaminari added with a bit of a chuckle as he watched Mineta's failed attempt to flirt with the mysterious female only to shrug a bit as he added, "besides anyone who can just brush off Bakugou like that is alright in my book. I don't think she even flinched. Makes me wonder what her quirk is."

The two male's additional comments only fueled Bakugou's annoyance. Why was everyone making such a big deal out of this girl? If she was supposed to be something special then wouldn't they have all known about her by now? "Shut the hell up before I remind you of what my quirk can do!," he threatened angrily, huffing as Kaminari quickly backed off before he went back to glaring in the blonde female's direction.

Todoroki's gentle greeting had brought a small smile to Sakasa's face before Mineta had startled her. She almost wanted to sigh at his antics, having become all too accustomed to them herself through both direct and indirect experience. "He'll never quit with this, will he?," she muttered to herself out loud, shaking her head as she couldn't help but pity the mysterious blonde a bit. It was obvious that the other girl wasn't pleased with the situation, but the rest of them still had so many questions. "Excuse me but are you by any chance a transfer student?," she tried to ask the girl sitting in front of her though she wouldn't hold her breath for a response, "I don't recall ever seeing you on campus before..."

The soft female voice seemed to stir Saki from her reverie. She turned in her seat, meeting eyes with Sakasa. "... erm.. no," she admitted softly, "I'm new to the hero program."

Mineta groaned from the ground, rubbing at his head as Deku's ears perked up and his attention landed on the new student once more. "Huh?" he said in suprise. "And you're starting out mid-year in class one? Was it a teacher recommendation?"

"Something like that" Sakasa said quietly, her eyes landing on Bakugou where the staring continued, raising an eyebrow.

"Something like that.." Todoroki parroted under his breathe, only loud enough for Sakasa to hear, rubbing at the bottom of his chin as he thought about what the cryptic answer could mean.

"You must have a really powerful quirk.." Deku said in quiet awe, following her gaze to Bakugou.

"I believe Miss Uraraka was correct in assessing that we may be overwhelming the poor girl. Perhaps we should give the questions a rest and return to our seats, class should begin any minute" He took his own seat just as the door was opening.

Saki's attention left Bakugou to look towards the door, thankful that she recognized the teacher walking in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back