• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Haunted House [dopiko x ham]

Pierce's breathe hitched in his throat as he dropped the final box that he was responsible for setting down right onto his foot. It was the pots and pans. He bite his tongue to keep from letting out a string of nasty curses, taking in a couple deep breathes before stooping down to pick it up. He walked into the open front door of his new home.

He had brought in most of his stuff the previous night, but had fallen asleep in the middle of putting some clothes away and hadn't gotten the chance to finish up.

The young man set the box down on the top of the kitchen counter, letting out a deep sigh of relief as he realized that it was over. he hadn't had man things to put away, but it was still a strain. Still, he had an eery feeling. Ever since he'd gotten there the previous night, he'd had this strangely unsettling feeling that made his stomach turn a bit.

"Whatever," he mumbles to himself as he opens up the box, trying to ignore it. However, he takes a couple small, uneasy glances around the kitchen area, then quickly shakes his head as if to rid himself of the thoughts before beginning to unpack his small amount of items into their respective drawers and cupboards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicu was sitting in a kitchen cabinet. The door was open a crack, and he was watching the new arrival through it.

He had been attached to this house for years, but it hadn't had an inhabitant quite this cute ever. The boy had a strong jawline, and messy hair dyed pink. Nicu had watched him sleep the night before, and thought he had looked quite adorable. The more he observed him, the more attracted he found himself. He had to know his name, and everything about him.

After a few moments of thought on how to woo him, Nicu settled on chocolates and flowers. He used his powers to make them appear in the cupboard with him. Now, for the boy to leave the room so he could leave them on the kitchen counter...

Right as he put the last of the cookware and silverware he had with him, Pierce let out a small cheer of victory. Then he realized he was cheering to himself and how sad that would probably would have looked, had somebody with an actual, decent social life were watching him. He'd raised his arms mid-victory, but quickly threw them back down to his sides, clearing his throat nervously.

Who knows, he thought to himself, might actually be somebody looking in on me... Pierce took a couple more nervous glances around, eyes shifting to each different part of the kitchen quickly. After reassuring himself for the thousandth time that nothing was out of the ordinary, he finally picked up the box and walked out, heading off to find the box that held some canned foods and such that he'd brought with him. There was much unpacking to be done, and he just wanted to get it all done as much as possible.

He was now gone! Nicu excitedly slipped out of the cupboard and set his gifts on the counter. The box of chocolates was heart shaped and covered in glitter, and the bouquet was full of black roses. There was a pen in his pocket, so all he needed was a piece of paper. It was easy enough to make using his powers, and Nicu wrote a quick note.

"I think you're really cute! Check in the cupboard if you want to meet me, I'm a demon who lives in your house!

Love, Nicu."

He doodled a couple hearts on the note for good measure before crawling back into his hiding spot. His heart was pounding in a mix of excitement and nervousness. Hopefully the boy didn't find the gesture creepy, he tried to do this to another boy about fifty years ago and he had run away never to return... But he didn't leave a note that time, so maybe this time he would be successful.

As he came back into the kitchen with yet another box, humming a tune, Pierce noticed something wrong the moment he set that box down on the counter. He looked at the sudden appearance of the bouquet and the box of chocolates.

His grip on the box immediately slipped. Luckily, it stayed put on the counter rather than tipping and spilling all of its heavy, canned contents down onto Pierce's feet. He took a single step back as he stared at the objects that had seemed to come out of nowhere.

"Wh.. what?!" He let out a kind of girlish squeal in surprise, not sure how to react. But.. nobody was in the room? And he hadn't heard anyone..? Did he have some kind of weird intruder.

It may be a good time to mention that,
yes, Pierce did in fact have a belief in the supernatural. Though he'd never really come into contact with any kinds of ghouls or demons, he did believe that they were more than just fiction. However, he tried to not see what was going on in the light of eventually seeing some kind of exorcism in his future.

He shuffled, carefully, towards the gifts that his unknown of little demon admirer had been so kind as to leave him. He picked up the note, reading it and eventually dropping it again in horror.

He hadn't brought any kitchen knives with him. This fact only came to realization as he look around for some kind of weapon.

"
Th.. this isn't funny! If this is a prank-" Pierce suddenly paused mid-sentence, realizing that opening his mouth was stupid to do if he did have some kind of actually human intruder. He felt like the idiots in the horror movies who liked to call out and see if anybody was home. But what harm could be done since he had already talked. "This.. this really isn't cool!" Pierce gulped, trying to kick his fair down a notch. However, he decided to follow the instructions on the note.. Somebody who left hearts and flowers.. maybe they were just some kind of weirdo who had found their way in when the house was empty? It hopefully wasn't anybody violent..

So the pink-haired boy slowly drew close to the cupboard, pausing right in front of it. He counted to five, then threw it open, jumping back and screaming with out even looking inside. He fell flat on his ass.

Pierce quickly broke out in a blush, painting the pale skin on his face red. As he peered in, he realized there was somebody crouched inside of the cupboard. The overwhelming feeling of embarrassment was too much compared to the fear he
should have considering there was a potential intruder right in front of him.

He giggled before jumping onto the floor. Nicu stood over the boy with a giant grin.

"Did I scare you? You know, you look really adorable when you blush like that."

Leaning over, his spiked tail twitching, Nicu studied his face.
"Will you tell me your name, cutie? Did you like my gifts?" He winked as best he could. And he was pretty damn good at it. When one had been around for two hundred years, they had a lot of time to practice arbitrary things like winking.

Pierce scrambling back as best as he could with just his hands and feet pushing him. "WhaaaAaaaAA!" He let out an embarrassing shout as Nicu towered above him. "W-who-" He cowers back, not knowing what to do.

"W-who are you?!" He shouts suddenly. "Wh-what are you doing in my house?!"

He suddenly took notice of the horns and tail that the man in front of him had. He hadn't even realized his little swaying tail until that very moment. Was this guy seriously a demon? But.. did they really have tails and horns..? He thought that was some kind of stupid myth that people only did for the sake of drawing art.

But it couldn't be fake- it was twitching about behind him like a living appendage. He tried to calm himself down. This.. demon wasn't hurting him, so he didn't have any reason to freak out. It would have hurt him by now if it had wanted to, right..? And it had all night to do something...

"I.. I.." Pierce gulps nervously. "I'm.. Pierce.." He says quietly, getting up on wobbly legs, looking at Nicu very cautiously. He was still frightened, and didn't want to let his guard down.

"Pierce..." Nicu repeated. His gaze followed Pierce's face as he stood. "There's no reason to be scared of me. I won't hurt anyone, especially not a cute boy like you. The worst thing I've ever done is replace mayonnaise with toothpaste. The other demons in this house have killed people. But don't worry, I'll protect you."

He was sick of just idly standing by as the others in the house did horrible things to humans. The guilt of not interfering was really getting to him. He had told himself that he was going to help whoever moved in next, and the fact that Pierce was super attractive was certainly helping him feel motivated to protect.

Although he wasn't a hundred percent assured by Nicu's words, he still felt a little safer. He wasn't sure that any demon was exactly trustworthy, but figured that there would be no harm in it. He was already here, and, again, Nicu had yet to attack him or try to do any harm. He just kept complimenting him.. which was a bit odd and embarrassing, admittedly, but... It was better than being killed, and it kind of made Pierce feel a little better about himself.

But then the short demon in front of him mentioned other demons in the house. Demons that had killed. People. "Th-there are others here?! They've KILLED people?!" Pierce doubted that the tiny demon would fare well against multiple other demons. But he didn't have anywhere else to go- his parents had told him if he left they didn't want him crawling back to them crying, and he knew that they had been serious in their words.

"Where are they..? Why are they killing people?! Are they gonna kill me?!" His voice rose with panic. He was a pretty easily frightened fellow, especially when told there might be even the slightly possibility that he could be in some pretty bad danger.

"Please do not worry!", Nicu said, starting to panic at the site of Pierce panicking. He took the boy's warm hands into his ice cold ones. "They're not going to try to kill you right away..." This was because they were going to spend months torturing him first, but he didn't think mentioning that fact now was going to help Pierce calm down. "The others are just really mean and like to hurt people, but I won't let them."

A jolt of cold sent a little shiver down Pierce's spine as Nicu pressed his hands on to his own. He gulped, hands shaking gently. He looked down. He began to relax. Despite the fact that his skin was absolutely freezing, there was some kind of odd comfort to the touch. "Can I just... I think I should just go finish tidying up my room, okay? And try to.. avoid those.. demons as best as possible."

Pierce tried to remain calm, but as he began to think about it again he was starting to think that he might faint from worry. However, he slid his shaking hands from Nicu's and turn to the kitchen's exit. "I.. er... thank you. For the warning. About the other demons.." He looked back over his shoulder at Nicu. "Can demons eat?" He asks quietly. "To celebrate potentially having at least one of you on my side.. I could cook something. I'm just not sure if you guys are capable of eating.. or if you enjoy food or.." He shuts himself up. Quit blabbering. Anime was beginning to get to his head, making him think that demon-like creatures couldn't eat anything. "You probably can eat- I'm sorry, what am I saying?" He was beginning to feel a bit stupid as he realized he was practically arguing with himself at this point.

"I can eat", Nicu reassured him. "I don't have to, but I can. Do you have cake mix?"

The demon floated over to sit on a countertop. "
Or chocolate, candy, fruit? Even soda? I have a real sweet tooth." A devilish smile crossed his lips as he got an idea. "Or... Maybe you could give me kiss, cutie? I bet you're just as sweet, Pierce." Nicu winked.

"Wha-" Pierce quickly backed up against another counter top as Nicu floated to one to sit and offered up the idea of a kiss. It was like this demon was trying to win a gold medal for 'Most Flirting Done Within 30 Minutes of Meeting The New Tenant'. Not like he seemed to have many opponents that would all be fighting for that prize, though.

"
I've got cake mix.. I think.. Er, it's Strawberry... and I have chocolate icing- I was planning on running to the store today for drinks- I mean- If you've got a sweet tooth, I could fix you something-" His thoughts were all over the place. The normal loud and proud Pierce was still so stunned that he wasn't even sure how to speak without rambling on.

"
Aahh... I'll make some cake, okay? My lips.. aren't really very sweet, in comparison." Pierce mumbled nervously as he quickly moves to a cabinet, pulling out cake mix, yanking some eggs that he'd gotten out of the fridge, and putting all his materials up on the counter. He didn't look back at the demon as he began to work on blending everything- He was scared that he'd turn and see Nicu just inches from his face, trying to steal a kiss from the cutie.

Wait. He'd called him a cutie, right? He could feel his cheeks burn red as that realization hit him. It was still odd, being hit on as soon as he moved into a place, but he had always found satisfaction in being called cute names and.. well, that's what he was getting from Nicu, and he couldn't stop a bubbly feeling from rising in his chest as a result. He just stirred the ingredients together more feverishly, trying to think of something other than being called a "
cutie" and a "cute boy." Priorities, Pierce!

Nicu shook his head exaggeratedly. "Oh, I am certain they taste sweet enough." He scooted closer to Pierce. "Maybe you can give me just one little taste while that cake is in the oven?" His flirting was so shameless, and he was having fun. Pierce's blushing was so cute. Nicu smiled a little, his chest swelling.

"
Speaking of that cake, strawberry and chocolate sounds delightful", he said as he watched the stirring intently. Honestly, he could get used to this. If only he was the only demon in the house...

Pierce refused to look at Nicu as he picked up the bowl, put the mix into a baking pan, and turned to the oven. He hadn't preheated it, so now he had to wait even longer. That would mean it would take longer for the cake to get into Nicu's mouth, which would mean that their conversation would be longer and likely much more awkward.

He turned the oven on and set down the baking pan, turning nervously to face the demon sat up on the counter top. "
W-why are you flirting with me? I just moved in and... You've been dead for a really, really long time, right? If you were ever alive that is- and I mean, maybe you weren't but- still, you're a lot older than me, and... Why are you flirting with me, and calling me cute? All I'm trying to do is fix you a cake and I'm sitting here turning into a damn.. A-a cherry in the face.." He looked down at his feet, chewing on his lip anxiously. There was some part of him that wanted to respond to his flirtatious personality in kind, but even with people who he'd known for longer who tried to flirt, he'd never built up the courage to flirt back.

And this was a demon! A
DEMON is flirting with him, of all things! A demon who was apparently sided with him against the numerous other demons that were within the household. He was a bit shocked that he hadn't encountered one of the other, first- that is, if they were even truly there. He wanted to doubt that there was anyone else there except for Nicu... But that was for very obvious reasons. Knowing that there was not one, but several demons in the house you'd just moved into.. Well, it's no exactly the most pleasant thing to be notified of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicu pouted playfully. "I am only two-hundred and thirty eight! That is quite young as far as demons go, you know. We do not age like you humans. Plus I am told I am aggravatingly immature. You seem grounded in reality and mature."

He scooted even closer. "
You are just so cute, Pierce. I do not lie when I say it. It is not very often I get to meet pretty boys. The last one was in the 1950s. I will take such good care of you, I promise."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back