• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A handful of plots of all kinds.

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
I like long posts. We can chit-chat, but it isn't a must. If you have plots of your own, feel free to suggest them. All the ones I have listed could be played more realistic or have more fantastical elements, either is fine by me. I'm also willing to play either role as either gender in any pairing combination - I'm flexible that way.

1. A was betrothed to B's older sibling, an arrangement that greatly benefited A and their family. It was a pretty significant step up the social ladder. Something that B's family was well aware of, and they never neglected to gently remind A's family of the favor they were being done. However, B's sibling died quite suddenly in a tragic and shocking accident. Desperate to preserve the marriage, A's family agrees to give A to B, the next eldest surviving sibling. (How A felt about her future spouse, and how B feels about the new arrangement, is a matter of choice. This could be a greater blessing, less of a curse, or an unwelcome burden during a time of grief.)

2. A and B grew up together, but were of entirely different stations. The gulf between them was vast, but not something children thought much about. That is, until B was shipped off to a foreign country to be brought up with a foreign family, groomed into a political marriage when they came of age. The one-time friends spent over a decade apart, nothing but distant memories in each others' thoughts. Until one night, an assassin creeps into B's room on a moonless night. B's death would have been certain, but the clatter of a dropped knife awoke them. It was A, grown older - and infinitely more deadly.

3. A had lived in Clarity Cross for years. It was a trash neighborhood, full of hoodlums. It had a high crime rate, naturally, but only because people were constantly being busted for drugs or illicit weapons. Theft, burglary? That sort of thing was reserved for areas where people actually had something worth stealing. A was a relatively normal person - just another broke student trying to get by. University expenses left little money for rent or food, and Clarity was the cheapest place to live by far. Life was a drudge, but uneventful, until one day the wall between A's and B's apartment explodes. That's what happens when an addict processing drugs has a slip of the wrist.

4. A is a petty thief, breaking into people's houses to steal baubles and sell them for pennies on the dollar. It's not a glamorous life, but it's something. It makes enough to eat, anyway. Everything is fine. Boring. Same old, same old. Until one day, A hits a house that is far, far nicer inside than the outside might suggest. Before A can fully comprehend what a jackpot they hit, B catches them. And, as it turns out, B is a far, far worse person to steal from than A could have ever imagined.

I am very very interested in plot four. Could you please send me a PM? I have a few ideas to add as well :)
4. A is a petty thief, breaking into people's houses to steal baubles and sell them for pennies on the dollar. It's not a glamorous life, but it's something. It makes enough to eat, anyway. Everything is fine. Boring. Same old, same old. Until one day, A hits a house that is far, far nicer inside than the outside might suggest. Before A can fully comprehend what a jackpot they hit, B catches them. And, as it turns out, B is a far, far worse person to steal from than A could have ever imagined...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back