Romantic RP?

paldog

Lurker
Just to make it easier to refer to the various people:

The other player- John

The other player's character- Rumand

My character- Celine

I and John have been playing in a free-form roleplaying world (aka no mechanics, no system) in a forum (we don't know each other IRL, communication is purely online), and we've decided to hook our PCs up. It hasn't taken off yet, which is why I can't provide many details, but I would like some advice on how to have an ongoing plot with a PC without it going awry, or having it take over other plots, or other potential problems.

The only real advice I have is to have a setting that's not boring (ex: contemporary town, school, etc.) Though, if you want to simply RP romance and nothing else, I'd suggest doing one of those anyway. But dangerous/gloomier settings (ex: dystopian, apocalyptic, war) can make it so that your characters actually come to depend on one another, and probably have a more meaningful relationship than if they just went to the same school or something. People can develop close bonds when they're in harsh situations. But that's only my opinion, it all comes down to personal choice, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back