• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Gang of Mistfits

MidwayLives

"What's your favorite scary movie...?"
The first person to manifest a Quirk was a newborn baby in the city of Qingqing; their ability was to emanate light from their body. After that incident, many people around the world began to manifest different kinds of special abilities. While the cause of the Quirk phenomenon is unknown, it has been theorized that the development of Quirks was caused by the spread of a virus carried by mice. Currently, around 80% of the world population possesses a Quirk.

That means you! Some quirks aren't designed for combat or even any heroric deeds in general. Most people get by barely using them or just for day to day life. But you and others like you are different. You want to help others and the first step to that? Becoming a pro hero! The road ahead is dangerous and many have had their hopes crushed, their ambitions crashed against the jagged rocks of reality!

It probably wouldn't be too much of surprise for any hero in training worth their salt to know of U.A. High School. The top academy for heroics in all of Japan! Many great heroes have spent time in America honing their skills and training before returning to the country that they knew as home. One such example was the previous #NUMBER 1 hero in Japan: All Might! After a vicious battle with the criminal All for One, All Might effectively announced his retirement and others have stepped in to try and fill the huge muscle filled void he'd left behind. However, Japan's heroes are just one small slice of the equation...

Other countries understandably have dealt with the manifestation of Quirks in their populace in their own ways. One of the higher ranked academies is Held Academy in Berlin, Germany. However, not wanting to be shown up by anyone else, be it Japan or whoever, the US has their own hero training school based in New York City: KE High School.

Enroll in our school and see if you have what it takes to become a hero! But be careful, where there are heroes, there are also villains seeking to undo all the good that's been done around them!

(Retooled an old idea for a 1x1! <3)!

~~~
"Joe" is just the current alias of one the best enforcers in the Gambino crime family. Or at least he had been. Having come to America as a child with his parents to try and live with some relatives in America after times had gotten rough in Italy, the young 'Joe' was awestruck by the sights and sounds of the Big Apple. Unaware of the grim situation his father had gotten him and his mother into by being forced to pay protection money to his father's brother-who happened to be part of the Gambinos, 'Joe' sought to become one of the best baseball players this country had ever seen. Not wanting his son to ever realize until he was much older how bad things really were, his father helped him pursue his dream and took him to the batting cages every other weekend. For the longest while, 'Joe' remained blissfully unaware and often went to sleep dreaming of crowds cheering his name.

It was around when he was four that his parents and by extension the mafia learned of his Quirk. At first 'Joe' couldn't really explain it(it seemed far too complicated to him as a child)but once he got the message across through crue illustrations demonstrating numbers appearing around people/objects he focused on, the gang was suddenly very interested in it. This is where the story starts to get grim for poor Joe. Refusing to have her son used as some kind of tool for the mob knowing that they likely had some unsavory quirk users of their own among their ranks, she attempted to take Joe away under cover of darkness one night to move to her sister's in New Jersey. His father had been become something of a severe alcoholic out of the growing debt he found himself in and the interest that the mobsters expressed in his son's quirk and when he caught his wife trying to escape with their son? He beat her viciously forcing Joe to step in with the closest thing at hand: his metal baseball bat.

Using his quirk which one of the Gambinos jokingly called '20/20', he noticed the 100% over his father's head and swung for the fences. It was a home run but the downside was that while he'd be staying 'home', his father was gone. In return for letting Joe and his mother move in with his mother's sister and disposing of the body, Joe would have to work odd jobs for them until he paid off his late father's debt. Feeling an immense guilt for what he'd done and not wanting any further harm to come to his mother, Joe agreed and as he got older, the tasks got more and more grim. At first it was simple drug dealing, theft, small time stuff like that. But as Joe matured, he continued to play baseball in his off time(in between visiting his constantly worrying mother and reassuring her he was ok)something that his superiors took not of. Offering to cut the debt in half in return for Joe becoming an enforcer, how could he refuse? The years continued to click by until Joe met....her.

Her name was Eliza and she was one of a kind. Tall, taller than him even like one of those Amazons, short black hair, muscled all over and her Quirk was a perfect supplement to his. It was called 'Lock' and she could manifest manacles out of her wrists and feet, the strength of said bindings depending on how much she was sweating. So, of course, Joe met her at the batting cages one time and from there the two proceeded to hit it off. She didn't exactly look the part but she was the kind of girl that you could bring home to mom. Still, Joe couldn't do that. His mother had been through so much that if something happened and she saw her little boy's happiness yanked away from him a second time, she might not have had the strength to go on and he wouldn't be responsible for the death of both of his parents.

She made a deal with him. They'd take his mother and run away, just run away. Maybe move to the UK or somewhere where the Gambinos couldn't touch them. Joe genuinely considered the idea but his mother for all that had happened to her loved it here. It wouldn't be right to go and leave her behind. At the same time, the two had been dating in secret, until one of Joe's superiors, a slimy beast by the name of Oscar Castellano spied on the two and saw them embracing. Confronting Joe later that night, Oscar made it very clear what he wanted. He wanted Eliza and if Joe wanted to keep his mother and his aunt alive and well, he'd back off. Higherups didn't reveal their quirks to grunts unless they were flaunting their position and Oscar saw this as good a time as any. His Quirk was known as 'Bulletstorm' and he could turn his fingertips/hands into guns. Knowing that Joe was his superior in physical combat and being wary of his Quirk, he threatened Joe's mother to get close enough to turn his left hand into the barrel of a shotgun and press it against Joe's stomach.

Joe reluctantly agreed.

His meetings with Eliza grew short and soon he stopped meeting her altogether. When she'd try to call him, he simply wouldn't answer. He loved Eliza with all his heart but the guilt would have eaten him alive if his mother was killed simply because her curse of a child decided to make the mistake of falling in love. After a while, he'd hoped that Oscar eventually just lost interest and went about his life. But things were never that easy, not in his life. One day after coming back from a particularly rough 'client' who gave Joe as good as he got(earning him a couple of bruised ribs and a black eye), he saw two goons dragging a woman into Oscar's office. It was Eliza.

He leaned up against the wall of the hallway and pulled his fedora down so as not to be spotted. But he'd forgotten about his baseball bat which was still strapped to his back. She called out to him and whatever he would have said was cut off as Oscar stepped out of his office and saw the two. He told Joe that Eliza had refused every single one of his advances, believing that he had Joe killed in order to try and hook up with her. So they were going to give her one last chance. Either date him or he really WOULD kill Joe. Forming his left hand into a 44. Magnum revolver, he asked Joe one question.

"Do you still love her?"

Joe said yes.

He killed Eliza right then and there. Joe was sure bits and pieces of brain landed on the brim of his hat. Everything after that was a blur. He activated his quirk and killed Oscar's bodyguards and smashed Oscar's fingers before he could shift his hands again. Whatever happened after that was a mystery to him. Well, most of it anyway. He could no longer stay as who he'd been before. The Gambinos would not take the murder of one of their own lying down. He'd be made an example out of and if not him? Then his mother. So there was only one option left for him.

Standing near the docks, ready to tie a cement brink to his leg, Joe paused as he heard footsteps behind him. Gambinos? No, they would have just gunned him down from the car. The three who approached him were Quirk users like him and they had an offer to make.

"Join us and we'll keep you and yours safe."

What choice did he have? He accepted and became the fourth member of the Bushwhacker Gang.

~~~

It'd felt strange, the whole 'joining another gang' thing.

Taking down the Gambinos wouldn't have been easy by himself, not at all. He'd go as far as to say it was impossible. But even though there were days his confidence this motley crew was anything more than a ragtag band of misfits, the man who simply went by 'Joe' these days kept up his end of the bargain as it were. Total loyalty to the cause: which was doing something about the corruption that lurked within hero society: the same people who'd turned a blind eye to Joe after he'd asked them for help.

'That's why I'm doin this.'

Walking down the sidewalk in downtown Manhattan, his metal baseball bat strapped to his back, Joe reached up and adjusted his similarly matched baseball cap. Looking at the two youths accompanying him, he sighed. 'Villians' though they were in the eyes of the law, Joe couldn't help but find that kind of reputation hard to stick on these two. The one to Joe's left: Peter Demme-17-villian name: Fly High and who had the quirk 'Butterfly' giving him the colorful wings of aforementioned insect and the ability to spew nectar to blind enemies. While others like Joe at least attempted to blend in by wearing a jacket and jeans over his baseball themed uniform, Fly/Peter's wings poked out through crudely cut holes in the back of his pastel sweater. The one to Joe's right was Alan Bradley-18-villian name: Endurance wore a plain red shirt that at one point had been a sweater only for Endurance/Alan to have cut the sleeves off. A key thing to note would have been his jean shorts which happened to tie into his quirk: 'Increasing' -one that allowed him to focus his energy in his legs allowing for faster movement, greater durability, and being able to perform such feats as kicking through concrete walls.

The three had been sent out by the gang's leader on a mission: Recruitment!

Hero society wouldn't exactly be forced to confront it's corrupt side with only four people after all.

'Joe...HEY JOE!"

"Huh??" Joe exclaimed, having been shaken from his thoughts by Fly calling for him. "What's up, Fly? I was deep in my thoughts for a second there. S'not too often that gets to happen when the Boss sends me out with you two."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Endurance/Alan questioned to which Joe neglected to give a response. Fly brushed it off and continued.

"What kinda person do you think we should even be looking for?? I mean, right now, we're barely breaking news here! I wouldn't even say we're smalltime! We'd need somebody that'd help give us that extra push, y'know? Really get us on the map!" Joe pulled up his cap and ran a hand through his greasy black hair. "Eh, all I think we need is somebody who can pull their weight. I'd leave anything else up to the Boss to figure out. S'not my place to make decisions on where or what we do."

"That's just Joe's way of saying he doesn't know shit."

*bonk*

The bat seemed to have somehow come loose from the straps holding it to Joe's back. Resulting in a swift knock to Endurance's head.

"Ow!"

"Oops." Joe mumured softly as he readjusted the bat. Totally an accident. "We'll find someone, Fly. Just gonna take some time that's all."

Rewind Rewind

All Kryptid could feel was the pounding of her head, undoubtedly a migraine. Waking up, she forcibly shook her head to rid the double vision plaguing her sight. It was then she realized she was laying among a heap of trash in some kind of back alley. Not the location she was just at, well at least from what she could gather.

“God, I must’ve been thrown through the Rift.” she said out loud to herself, as she does so often that others find it annoying.

“Fuckers.” Her migraine was starting to wear off little by little as she was grateful for the padding in her helmet for cushioning some of the hard landing. Jumping through Rift tunnels do commonly result in disorientation but this felt like she was deliberately attacked.

“Okay, try to remember, I was thrown through the Rift. Who threw me? Wait, what was I doing? No, we. We were doing something. On a task mission? It was in the middle of the woods. No wait, it was in an abandoned warehouse in the middle of the woods.”

Getting up from her lying position, she tapped into her built-in telecom.

“Red? Xev?”
No answer. Only static. Dusting off garbage residue from her black techwear uniform, she started walking towards the opening of the alley.

“Red? Xev? Anyone there? I don’t know where the fuck I aaa-”

Caught mid sentence, she got a sudden uncanny feeling, like a tingle up the spine. Her external sensory apparatuses were telling her that something was wrong.

“I don’t think- I don’t think I’m supposed to be here.”

Still no answer from the telecom, the being codenamed Kryptid peered around the corner of the alley. Her surroundings looked like a normal city occupied by humans but something was off.
Her sensory apparatuses may have the resemblance of canid-like ears and a tail, but they send constant signals to her brain about the locations of shadows in a nearby radius. A trait necessary for abilities such as hers. Appearing semi-transparent in the light and vantablack in the darkness, the sense apps are made of shadow and simply disappear when her umbra abilities are not in use. A sweep of the lower sense app, and she could find the positions of shadows on or near the ground. The upper sense apps are useful for finding any positioned in a high place, such as a ledge or balcony. In this case, they sense that the shadows here are different, and she is currently in a universe separate to the one she needs to be in right now.

“Shit,” she muttered to herself. “How the fuck am I gonna get back without a Rift tunnel?”

Pulling her hood further forward to fix it, she slowly slinked back into the obscurity of the alleyway. Clasping her hands together with an audible clap, she once again began to talk quietly to herself.

“Alright, what did the Church of Decay always say? Was it ‘stay out of line’? No it was uh, ‘whenever you’re in an unknown environment with unfamiliar beings, stay out of the line of sight.’ or something like that. Okay, I guess I’ll just stay here amongst these bags of trash until I think of something.”

Turning to face one of the brick walls in the alley, she reaches into one of her pouches and whips out the spare stick of sidewalk she always carries, drawing crude notes and stick figure diagrams.

“Okay so that’s me and somewhere in this universe, which is circled all around, there has to be an R-I-F-T… think think think...”

Pulling her hood further forward to fix it, she slowly slinked back into the obscurity of the alleyway. Clasping her hands together with an audible clap, she once again began to talk quietly to herself.

“Alright, what did the Church of Decay always say? Was it ‘stay out of line’? No it was uh, ‘whenever you’re in an unknown environment with unfamiliar beings, stay out of the line of sight.’ or something like that. Okay, I guess I’ll just stay here amongst these bags of trash until I think of something.”

Turning to face one of the brick walls in the alley, she reaches into one of her pouches and whips out the spare stick of sidewalk she always carries, drawing crude notes and stick figure diagrams.

“Okay so that’s me and somewhere in this universe, which is circled all around, there has to be an R-I-F-T… think think think...”
Joe came to a stop.

"Hey, Fly, Endurance. Stop for a second."

"What?? Weren't you the one just getting mad that we stopped..." Endurance grumbled only for Joe to gesture to 'shush.'

"Coulda sworn I heard something. Dunno, maybe it's just some kind of hunch. But I got the slightest feeling something doesn't seem right." Joe's right hand moved towards the handle of his baseball bat and he looked in the direction of the nearby alleyway. "Fly. Go look overhead. Endurance and I'll check out the ground."

"I will?" "We will?"

"Yeah. You will. Til we get back to the base, I'm in charge. Got it?" Fly didn't seem to mind and flew off. Endurance stared down the former mob enforcer...before grumbling and walking off with Joe following behind. A smug smirk plastered on his face. As they reached the entrance of the alleyway, Joe pulled his bat out and tapped it on the ground. "Hey. If anybody's in here, feel free to chime in." Endurance wasn't convinced this was worth their time. "What are you looking for, Joe? It's probably just some bum with a shitty quirk. Maybe they're hiding out here. Or MAYBE it's just a bird or rat or something-"

"Stop." Joe murmured and Endurance did so. Not without some audible cussing under his breath. "Someone's in here, I just got a feeling."​

Joe came to a stop.

"Hey, Fly, Endurance. Stop for a second."

"What?? Weren't you the one just getting mad that we stopped..." Endurance grumbled only for Joe to gesture to 'shush.'

"Coulda sworn I heard something. Dunno, maybe it's just some kind of hunch. But I got the slightest feeling something doesn't seem right." Joe's right hand moved towards the handle of his baseball bat and he looked in the direction of the nearby alleyway. "Fly. Go look overhead. Endurance and I'll check out the ground."

"I will?" "We will?"

"Yeah. You will. Til we get back to the base, I'm in charge. Got it?" Fly didn't seem to mind and flew off. Endurance stared down the former mob enforcer...before grumbling and walking off with Joe following behind. A smug smirk plastered on his face. As they reached the entrance of the alleyway, Joe pulled his bat out and tapped it on the ground. "Hey. If anybody's in here, feel free to chime in." Endurance wasn't convinced this was worth their time. "What are you looking for, Joe? It's probably just some bum with a shitty quirk. Maybe they're hiding out here. Or MAYBE it's just a bird or rat or something-"

"Stop." Joe murmured and Endurance did so. Not without some audible cussing under his breath. "Someone's in here, I just got a feeling."​

With a quick sweep of the lower app, Kryptid was interrupted mid-ramble as she sensed some movement not too far away. Always be alert, stick to the shadows, stay silent. All of these terms should be common knowledge among shadowlurkers, especially in such a hostile universe as her own. One can never be too cautious. Could it be someone with mal intentions? Or something? Multiple somethings? With her close connection to the ground, she could feel two figures heading towards her position. However a downside to this connection is that she is unable to sense any being not in contact with the ground. Shoving the chalk back in her waist pouch and turning to face the entrance, Kryptid started to slowly back away towards the shadows of the alley.

“Stay alert, don’t trust easily.” she thought to herself as she instinctively began to bend and lower her legs into an attack-like stance. She could hear whoever was coming her way move closer. “Stick to the shadows…” As she dipped into the shade, her eyes started to reflect light as an animal would, giving off an ominous glow. “Stay sil-” As she said this to herself, she unknowingly backed into an almost empty metal trash can, causing it to fall over with a loud crash. So much for being alert. The beings heading her way definitely know that she’s there now and she was gonna have to quickly make a decision.

Fight or flight? Those two choices raced back and forth in her head. Fight or flight? She frantically looked at the walls surrounding her on either side. She could try climbing them to get up to the rooftops and make her escape. However she then realized that would not work as the concrete would be too smooth for any chance of grip.

“Fuck it.” Pulling from the shadows, she absorbed its power as multiple strands of dark matter visibly snaked up her legs and body, wrapping around her arms to form long, daunting claws as sharp as blades. Kryptid then slightly bowed her head and pushed her shoulders backwards, making them appear bigger as a canine would do to appear intimidating.

“Hope this doesn’t cause any interdimensional fuckey.”
claws.PNG

With a quick sweep of the lower app, Kryptid was interrupted mid-ramble as she sensed some movement not too far away. Always be alert, stick to the shadows, stay silent. All of these terms should be common knowledge among shadowlurkers, especially in such a hostile universe as her own. One can never be too cautious. Could it be someone with mal intentions? Or something? Multiple somethings? With her close connection to the ground, she could feel two figures heading towards her position. However a downside to this connection is that she is unable to sense any being not in contact with the ground. Shoving the chalk back in her waist pouch and turning to face the entrance, Kryptid started to slowly back away towards the shadows of the alley.

“Stay alert, don’t trust easily.” she thought to herself as she instinctively began to bend and lower her legs into an attack-like stance. She could hear whoever was coming her way move closer. “Stick to the shadows…” As she dipped into the shade, her eyes started to reflect light as an animal would, giving off an ominous glow. “Stay sil-” As she said this to herself, she unknowingly backed into an almost empty metal trash can, causing it to fall over with a loud crash. So much for being alert. The beings heading her way definitely know that she’s there now and she was gonna have to quickly make a decision.
"Joe, Endurance! I think it's moving!" Fly called out from where he'd been floating above. "I can't really make out their appearance. They look humanoid-ish...? I can't really make out what kind of quirk they have!"

"Thanks. Real helpful, Fly-Ow"

Brushing off the spot on his elbow where he'd nudged Endurance, Joe went to rolling up his sleeves. "Don't be a smartass. If Fly can't see what we're working with, then we'll just need to test it ourselves." Pulling what appeared to be an ordinary baseball out of his backpocket, Joe's eyes began to glow red.

QUIRK: 20/20: Joe can focus on whatever target he has in mind and internally calculate/predict the chances for success.

"If you can hear me in there, we're not gonna hurt you. But we need to know if you're a friend..." Joe tossed the ball up and down in his hand. "Or an enemy that's gonna get in our way." As his quirk's ability went into effect, his gaze pierced the darkness and glowing spots appeared on the alley's walls indicating Joe'd be better off smacking the ball off the walls rather than a straightforward strike. His quirk had let him become an asset to one of the most powerful crime families in New York and in all that time, Joe knew one thing.

His quirk never let him down.

The ball was tossed and Joe lined up his swing and-

*CRACK*

The ball flew forward only to drag more towards the wall as it went on. Pinging off the wall to the right of Kryptid, it sailed right for her. Given that it appeared to be just an ordinary baseball, Joe figured that even if it hit that it wouldn't do much if anything to their stranger. But it'd at least give a clue into a couple of things: their quirk, their reaction time, etc.

"Joe, Endurance! I think it's moving!" Fly called out from where he'd been floating above. "I can't really make out their appearance. They look humanoid-ish...? I can't really make out what kind of quirk they have!"

"Thanks. Real helpful, Fly-Ow"

Brushing off the spot on his elbow where he'd nudged Endurance, Joe went to rolling up his sleeves. "Don't be a smartass. If Fly can't see what we're working with, then we'll just need to test it ourselves." Pulling what appeared to be an ordinary baseball out of his backpocket, Joe's eyes began to glow red.

QUIRK: 20/20: Joe can focus on whatever target he has in mind and internally calculate/predict the chances for success.

"If you can hear me in there, we're not gonna hurt you. But we need to know if you're a friend..." Joe tossed the ball up and down in his hand. "Or an enemy that's gonna get in our way." As his quirk's ability went into effect, his gaze pierced the darkness and glowing spots appeared on the alley's walls indicating Joe'd be better off smacking the ball off the walls rather than a straightforward strike. His quirk had let him become an asset to one of the most powerful crime families in New York and in all that time, Joe knew one thing.

His quirk never let him down.

The ball was tossed and Joe lined up his swing and-

*CRACK*

The ball flew forward only to drag more towards the wall as it went on. Pinging off the wall to the right of Kryptid, it sailed right for her. Given that it appeared to be just an ordinary baseball, Joe figured that even if it hit that it wouldn't do much if anything to their stranger. But it'd at least give a clue into a couple of things: their quirk, their reaction time, etc.

“Wait what was that sound?” Not even a second later Kryptid saw something speedily hurling towards her. With a split second to spare, she instinctively shielded her face from the impact using the palm of her hand. Only thing is that her claws were still unsheathed and the object in question impaled itself on one of them upon contact. Turning her clawed hand to look at it, she breathed a sigh of relief.

“Probably just some kids looking to have the alley for themselves to play ball in.” Quickly, she plucked the ball from her claw and allowed it to drop to the ground as she tried to come up with another plan. Since these might be kids, she did not want to injure them and so she would have to stick with her first idea of escaping.

“Okay I think I got it, but god this is going to be very, very humiliating,” she thought to herself as she got into a runner’s starting line position. “Let’s just hope these kids are dumb as shit. Just book it quickly and find another place to hide until I figure things out.” Kryptid proceeded to take a deep breath, and then jumped into a sprint on all fours using her clawed arms as support. Usually, she would only run on all fours in dire situations when she needed to move at a quicker pace than normal human running would take her, but she decided that this was dire indeed. While she was sprinting towards the alley entrance, she could not think of anything else but acting out her set escape plan.

“I’MADOGWOOF!” She shouted, as soon as she reached the immediate location of the “kids” pursuing her. Hopefully convincing them that she was, in fact, just a dog. As she attempted to zoom past them, she realized something very obvious at the last second.

“Ohhh shit, those are grown-ass men…”

“Okay I think I got it, but god this is going to be very, very humiliating,” she thought to herself as she got into a runner’s starting line position. “Let’s just hope these kids are dumb as shit. Just book it quickly and find another place to hide until I figure things out.” Kryptid proceeded to take a deep breath, and then jumped into a sprint on all fours using her clawed arms as support. Usually, she would only run on all fours in dire situations when she needed to move at a quicker pace than normal human running would take her, but she decided that this was dire indeed. While she was sprinting towards the alley entrance, she could not think of anything else but acting out her set escape plan.

Fly was the first to notice the sudden jolt in movement.

"Joe! Endurance! Whatever it is...it's heading right for you guys!"

Endurance turned to face Joe. "Guess your 'warning shot' got their attention. Now what, are we finally gonna fight?"

"Not unless we have no choice. Fighting here only runs the risk of attracting a pro. We don't need that kinda heat, not yet anyway."

Still, the two prepped themselves for whatever was coming.

“I’MADOGWOOF!” She shouted, as soon as she reached the immediate location of the “kids” pursuing her. Hopefully convincing them that she was, in fact, just a dog. As she attempted to zoom past them, she realized something very obvious at the last second.
She managed to get past the two gangsters causing both of them to take pause.

"They're...."

"Quick."

As it turns out, no, the two that Kryptid had run past weren't children. Rather they were the members of a recently formed gang that'd been trying to make a name for themselves in the community at large. Anything that'd get them into the spotlight and let them start making bigger moves, to shine the world's eye on what really goes on behind the closed doors of hero society. Joe propped his bat against his shoulder and looked over the masked figure. Certainly didn't look like any hero he recognized or villain for that matter. Maybe it was somebody trying to find their 'big break' like they were. Having had experience in trying to diffuse/deal with situations without attracting the attention of the authorities/a pro, Joe held out a hand placatingly.

"Hey. Sorry about the baseball. Heard something rustling around in there and figured I'd see if it was a friend or foe. Name's Joe. If you can tell us what you were doin in that alley than-"
“Ohhh shit, those are grown-ass men…”
Having stomached listening to Joe's orders longer than he wished, Endurance moved in, standing shoulder to shoulder with his 'companion'. "Don't try to take us for suckers either! We're the Bushwacker Gang! You already met Joe, but I'm the one you gotta worry about." Endurance's legs began to emit steam and glow blood red. Similarly to the effects of blood doping that some athlethes used to enhance themselves for performances. Only in Endurance's case it was all natural. It also afforded him more than a few more additions than simple performance boosts. Dragging the heel of his foot against the ground, Kryptid would have seen him creating a crevice in the concrete where his foot dragged. Swinging it upwards he attempted to land a kick right to the gut to send Kryptid flying back into a nearby car if succesful.

"Hahaha!"

Grabbing Endurance's collar, Joe glared daggers at him. "The hell do you think you're doing?! I said no fighting! I HAD this under-" Grabbing onto Joe's hand, Endurance yanked it off and pushed him back. "Yeah, yeah, I heard what you said. I know the Boss put you in charge. Dunno what you did or why he seems so infatuated with you in particular when Fly and I have been with him for years but that don't matter. You said the mission was to find someone to recruit right? Well, we're not gonna have a better opportunity to test out this guy's quirk than now!" Dashing forward, a grin spread across the youth's face. "The best feats always come when one's life is in danger! So, c'mon stranger, show me what you got!"​

Fly was the first to notice the sudden jolt in movement.

"Joe! Endurance! Whatever it is...it's heading right for you guys!"

Endurance turned to face Joe. "Guess your 'warning shot' got their attention. Now what, are we finally gonna fight?"

"Not unless we have no choice. Fighting here only runs the risk of attracting a pro. We don't need that kinda heat, not yet anyway."

Still, the two prepped themselves for whatever was coming.

She managed to get past the two gangsters causing both of them to take pause.

"They're...."

"Quick."

As it turns out, no, the two that Kryptid had run past weren't children. Rather they were the members of a recently formed gang that'd been trying to make a name for themselves in the community at large. Anything that'd get them into the spotlight and let them start making bigger moves, to shine the world's eye on what really goes on behind the closed doors of hero society. Joe propped his bat against his shoulder and looked over the masked figure. Certainly didn't look like any hero he recognized or villain for that matter. Maybe it was somebody trying to find their 'big break' like they were. Having had experience in trying to diffuse/deal with situations without attracting the attention of the authorities/a pro, Joe held out a hand placatingly.

"Hey. Sorry about the baseball. Heard something rustling around in there and figured I'd see if it was a friend or foe. Name's Joe. If you can tell us what you were doin in that alley than-"

Having stomached listening to Joe's orders longer than he wished, Endurance moved in, standing shoulder to shoulder with his 'companion'. "Don't try to take us for suckers either! We're the Bushwacker Gang! You already met Joe, but I'm the one you gotta worry about." Endurance's legs began to emit steam and glow blood red. Similarly to the effects of blood doping that some athlethes used to enhance themselves for performances. Only in Endurance's case it was all natural. It also afforded him more than a few more additions than simple performance boosts. Dragging the heel of his foot against the ground, Kryptid would have seen him creating a crevice in the concrete where his foot dragged. Swinging it upwards he attempted to land a kick right to the gut to send Kryptid flying back into a nearby car if succesful.

"Hahaha!"

Grabbing Endurance's collar, Joe glared daggers at him. "The hell do you think you're doing?! I said no fighting! I HAD this under-" Grabbing onto Joe's hand, Endurance yanked it off and pushed him back. "Yeah, yeah, I heard what you said. I know the Boss put you in charge. Dunno what you did or why he seems so infatuated with you in particular when Fly and I have been with him for years but that don't matter. You said the mission was to find someone to recruit right? Well, we're not gonna have a better opportunity to test out this guy's quirk than now!" Dashing forward, a grin spread across the youth's face. "The best feats always come when one's life is in danger! So, c'mon stranger, show me what you got!"​

“Jesus what the fuck…” Being absolutely yeeted into a car was not something Kryptid expected today. Dazed and claws sheathed, she craned her head to get a feel of her new location. She was now on the inside of said car, having been blasted through the side. The car’s alarm was driving her nuts. “What the fuck was that?” She thought. They looked like humans, but one of them did well, this to her. And in broad daylight? Surely they aren’t shadowlurkers. Perhaps another one of the government’s experiments sent to hunt her kind down?

“Okay, this is definitely not a place I should be staying in.” Getting her bearings, she dusted off herself as she took the time to sit up and sense any shadows in the nearby area. Clearly such a blow to the gut hurt, but she’s been through worse things before. Much much worse things. Kryptid then noticed part of the roof of the caved-in vehicle casted a shadow onto the backseat.
“Looks like this’ll have to do.” She sighed to herself as she swung her legs into the shadow and dropped down into it as if it were a deep puddle. Crossing her arms and landing on her feet, she popped out of another shadow, this time one casted by a fire hydrant not too far from where the two strangers were standing. Though her face was concealed by a skeletal helmet, one could still feel that she was giving off an annoyed look.

“Your friend makes quite the introduction,” she says sarcastically as she confidently and casually walks towards the strangers, trying to play it off as no big deal. As Kryptid reached about an arm’s length distance from her assailant, she positioned her own arms into a cross body shoulder stretch, allowing for the bones of her waist and shoulders to crisply pop.

“I have three questions for ya’ll,” she said as she twisted her upper body left as far as it would go. All of a sudden, her body quickly swung back around with force as she attempted to deliver one of the biggest back-handed bitch slaps she could muster for the one who attacked her.
“One,” she called out with the intensity of a Karen demanding a refund. “what the fuck are you?” For every question she counted, she would hold her hand out and a claw would unsheath. “Two, where the fuck am I?” She started to step forward intimidatingly. “And three, you’re after my blood aren't you?” Letting out a short growl, she gets into attack position and readies her claws for action.

“Jesus what the fuck…” Being absolutely yeeted into a car was not something Kryptid expected today. Dazed and claws sheathed, she craned her head to get a feel of her new location. She was now on the inside of said car, having been blasted through the side. The car’s alarm was driving her nuts. “What the fuck was that?” She thought. They looked like humans, but one of them did well, this to her. And in broad daylight? Surely they aren’t shadowlurkers. Perhaps another one of the government’s experiments sent to hunt her kind down?

“Okay, this is definitely not a place I should be staying in.” Getting her bearings, she dusted off herself as she took the time to sit up and sense any shadows in the nearby area. Clearly such a blow to the gut hurt, but she’s been through worse things before. Much much worse things. Kryptid then noticed part of the roof of the caved-in vehicle casted a shadow onto the backseat.
“Looks like this’ll have to do.” She sighed to herself as she swung her legs into the shadow and dropped down into it as if it were a deep puddle. Crossing her arms and landing on her feet, she popped out of another shadow, this time one casted by a fire hydrant not too far from where the two strangers were standing. Though her face was concealed by a skeletal helmet, one could still feel that she was giving off an annoyed look.
"Less talking and more fightin! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!"

Endurance jumped up with his leg outstretched to try and bring down atop Kryptid's head.

He...hadn't been expecting a shadow(?)themed quirk. Instead, his leg ended up coming down solely on some poor schmuck's car, caving the roof in. "So, that's your quirk, huh? Shadows? Well, a lot of good that'll do you when I get my-" Endurance was cut off as a baseball pinged him in the back of the head. "Hey! What the hell was that for?" As the ball rolled along the ground, Joe bent over to pick it up. "Well, where do I start? For disobeying orders, for causing a scene that's sure to attract a pro? You tell me, kid."

"Hey, uh, Joe?"

"What is it, Fly?"
“Your friend makes quite the introduction,” she says sarcastically as she confidently and casually walks towards the strangers, trying to play it off as no big deal. As Kryptid reached about an arm’s length distance from her assailant, she positioned her own arms into a cross body shoulder stretch, allowing for the bones of her waist and shoulders to crisply pop.

“I have three questions for ya’ll,” she said as she twisted her upper body left as far as it would go. All of a sudden, her body quickly swung back around with force as she attempted to deliver one of the biggest back-handed bitch slaps she could muster for the one who attacked her.
*THWACK*

Endurance was sent flying off the car he'd demolished and rolling across the pavement.

Fly could barely hide his giggles. Joe was less than amused.

"Well, he earned that one."

Ignoring his partner's grumbles and curses and Fly's laughter, Joe approached Kryptid.

"Ask em, then."
“One,” she called out with the intensity of a Karen demanding a refund. “what the fuck are you?” For every question she counted, she would hold her hand out and a claw would unsheath. “Two, where the fuck am I?” She started to step forward intimidatingly. “And three, you’re after my blood aren't you?” Letting out a short growl, she gets into attack position and readies her claws for action.
"What are we...?" Joe tilted his head to the side on that one. "..Kinda strange to ask I guess. We're people same as you. Name's 'Joe.', that's Fly, and the guy who kicked you? His name's Endurance. Sorry we kinda got off on the wrong foot here." The second question seemed a bit more reasonable. "You're in downtown Manhattan, New York, what? Does that quirk of yours teleport you to random places?"

"Maybe they've got amnesia!" Fly suggested.

"Or maybe they're gonna have a sudden case of foot meets ass-"

"Enough. Knock it off, the both of you. Now, do we want your...blood?"

"I heard stuff about somebody with a 'vampire' quirk.I didn't think it was true..." Fly mused only for Endurance to roll his eyes at the thought. "That's all movie BS. I mean c'mon a vampire quirk? No, lady, we don't want your blood! But you mind telling us who the hell YOU are?"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back