• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Different Kind of Madoka Magica RP

Katja interpreted that as a threat to yui and while her soul gem was at 15 she could take another magical girl if she needed but first she would need to make a statement. She stopped time once again and moved forward pulling her weapon into smaller parts that were linked via chains. She moved to the girl that had threatened in Katja's mind to hurt Yui, once at her Katja got very close in front of her and put the blade to the girl's neck. Then time started and Katja seemingly just appeared at the girl with a spear head to her neck.

" You should hesitate to kill at least two of us " She said before looking tot he book it wasn't what she wanted " But i do not care about a book" She said pulling the blade away from the girl's neck and started walking back it was true those two could fight over the book but Katja only cared if it was a seed that could be used.

Lucy looked at Katja with a confused look. She had been the last to find the Nightmare, along with her partner, so why she should she have the seed? She barely contributed to the fight. However, Lucy didn't say anything, as she didn't want to fight. However, before she could finish her train of thought, yet another magical girl jumped forward. This one seemed bent on taking the Dream Seed, and had taken Clover hostage, despite not even having participated in the fight at all. The short girl recognised the magical girl. She was the one who had stolen her first Dream Seed.

Lucy backed away slowly, as she wasn't sure what to do. On one hand, she didn't want to responsible for clovers death, but on the other hand, she didn't want to let the thievish magical girl get away with theft again. She looke over at Kyari, to see what she was going to do.

"This... Is why I don't like competition. This is why I don't rush for a dream seed. But..." She transformed back to normal, put a hand in her pocket, and held out one of her own dream seeds. "You can have this one. Spare a life, for once. Alright?" Kyari was being kind. Along with that, she wanted to make sure her new friend didn't die because of greed.

Clover growled with the blade at her throat. "You know what? As long as we have the book, I'm placated. I don't care. But," she said, pushing the other girl away with a pocket of vacuum and standing over her, "should I ever see you again, don't expect me to give you what's rightfully mine."

She turned away, book in hand, and motioned for her friend. "Wanna ditch these girls, Kyari?"

"I'll be right there."

She placed the dream seed into Naomi's hand. She didn't want to cause anymore conflict so she was solving it before it got worse. After that, she nodded and began to follow Clover, cleaning up any litter she finds along the way.

"I wonder why it dropped a book... And Kyuubey, why are you worried about it? Is something the matter?"

"Is the dream seed the only thing that's important. None of you thought of the people you are affected in the battle." Yui states a little upset at the carelessness of the other girls. Yes her wish was important but so was other people.

As Clover pushed away the thieving magical girl and Kyari offered the Dream seed, Lucy sighed of relief. Although she wouldn't get the seed, she could at least escape without having a death on her consciousness. The little girl transformed back into her normal self and walked out of the labyrinth. She didn't know why, but she could feel a slight pain on her shoulders. Seeing how she was in a hospital, she wondered if she should take the opportunity to talk with a doctor. Ultimately, she decided against it though.

As the little girl walked home, she wondered if she should speak to Clover and Kyari tomorrow, at school. It would be neat to be able to talk about magical girl duties with someone, and slaying Nightmares was a lot easier in group. Besides, they seemed rather nice.

Harrumphing, Clover detransformed and pivoted on her heel to leave. She was now wearing an indecipherable band shirt and jeans - a pretty nondescript kid, besides her hair. "I'm not important to them," she called over her shoulder, throwing cynicism like salt. Very closely suppressing the urge to tell the sanctimonious girl off, she headed out with Kyari in tow.

Kyuubey stayed with the other girls, while another Incubator jumped onto Kyari's shoulder as they plodded out of the hospital.
"This book carries magical energy from another world with it," it said. "I can't dispose of it the same way I can dispose of Dream Seeds with a wish; I'll have to confer for a while to figure out what to do with it."

"Well don't take it now; it's mine," Clover said with a small but devilish grin. As she opened the book, her face grew progressively more confused. "And I feel like reading it. Lessee... Faust: The First Part of the Tragedy... why does this remind me of something I would've read in school? And if it's like that, why is it handwritten? In... a composition book? With doodles?" She decided the both of them would walk home with Kyari - Kyari was smart; she'd understand this. Maybe.

She noticed the name on the inside of the cover:
Shu Li.

"Maybe it's.... A journal. And... Another world? Now I'm curious..."

She peered over to see some of it herself. It's all complicated. And... Who is this Shu Li?

Kyari's family allowed Clover to come in. She lead the way to her room, which was full of family memorabilia. There were photos of her with her family having fun, at a picnic, at a school performance, and etc all across her walls. Her bed was neatened and there was a table in the middle of the room. She sat down at that table and motioned her fellow magical girl to sit down.

"Now.... Let's take a look, shall we?"

Meanwhile, at the hospital, a strange breeze blew through in the wake of the collapsed labyrinth. A breeze whose scent brought back memories that seemed to be from a dream, a breeze that made Kyuubey's eternal smile shudder in the wind. A breeze that blew some poorly-placed fake plant aside, revealing a yellow Soul Gem.

(OOC: these are memories of your lives from before the magical girl made the wish that changed world. Most of the girls, with exceptions like Karcen's character, will have fragmented memories of being a magical girl who'd already made their wish. They will get a glimpse of what their lives could be like with their wish made, memories of new powers relating to their wish, and perhaps memories of falling into the darkest despair and becoming a Witch.)

---

As they read the book, they learned it was a handwritten copy of Goethe's Faust, replete with doodled illustrations of strangely-dressed girls in surreal landscapes. There was also strange marginalia - "who is my Gretchen??? what should i wish for?????" "this is the part where she rises" "truth in art" And at the end, "it all fell down for us"...

Kyuubey paced around on the bed, conferring with its hivemind, as the two girls seated at the table pored over every word. "What... is this?" Clover asked at the last page. "It's scrawled more sloppily... like, she was in a hurry when she wrote this part." She looked at her teammate. "Have you ever read this? The book, I mean?"

(OOC: Shu Li is the magical girl who changed the world. She's still around today, in Soul Gem-free "death". Somewhere. That Soul Gem belongs to her, but only the players know; the characters don't.)

"I have not. But yet... Some of the words in the margins sound... Familiar to me. But I don't know why... Do you have that feeling as well?"

She gazed upon the doodles and the words. Indeed they were familiar... But... Why? Where is she getting this deja vu from? Is this on purpose? Or is this something else? Kyari has no clue...

Clover squinted at the final drawings. This one looked like a very surreal girl. But not like the others. They were... fighting her? Where was this coming from? "I feel like I understand this, in a very weird way," Clover said slowly. "But I'm also getting a very powerful feeling of deja vu about this."

Rapidly, she pointed to a drawing of a girl dancing in a ninja costume. "That. That's... you... I mean... the costume... where am I?"

"I'm done conferring, and I think the best option would be disposal of that book via human methods," Kyuubey jumped over and curled up around the book, closing it.

"What? Why?"

"So the excess energy from the separate world can be sloughed off into our own."

"I'm still curious, though. Who is this Shu Li? Why was there someone... Similar to me in that drawing?" Kyari stroked her chin in thought. "And what was this other world? What happened there?" She wanted to reach for the book again but... She didn't want to disturb Kyuubey. Maybe asking questions is better than just relying on the reading alone.

Yui hugs the back of katja and whisper in her ear. "So are you okay now. You seemed a little homicidal there. " Yui says with a grim like smile. "Btw i moved your father and the others to the other side of the hospital. Sorry for showing up late."

" I was fine, just I felt that what she said was a threat." Katja said explaining her simple reasoning about the display. While she would be fine having to kill another magical girl it was not something she wanted to do. Katja often did wonder why they didn't just team up and pool their seeds until they could just grant wishes in order of need. She actually already planned to do that with Yui her wish was more important.

" Shall we go?" She asked not actually all that interested in the book from another world. To her the idea of tons of parallel worlds was a good possibility as well magic was a thing so why not other worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Sorry for the late response. I blame Easter, and how Kyuubey is intimidating to write.)

"There are infinite timelines and worlds parallel to ours," Kyuubey explained. "Each world contains an assortment of possibilities that have changed from one timeline to the next - there exists a timeline where you contracted for another reason, or would make a different wish, or where you didn't exist entirely.

"While these timelines don't normally intersect, in anomalous cases, they can. When they do, they leak energy from one world into the other. Shu Li isn't from this timeline - that is, she didn't exist until she entered this world. She's likely to be the cause of the anomaly, and the conduit of so much energy leaking into our world and causing Nightmares to appear."

"If that is the case... Then we need to find the source of the anomaly. See if we can fix it. Perhaps if we fix it, we have less to worry about."

Kyari stroked her chin...

"But what timeline were the drawings depicting? What happened there? What happened to us?"

"I can't pretend to interpret human literature, but it appears that you're fighting that universe's version of Nightmares," Kyuubey replied. "That drawing at the end appears to depict you with a compromised Soul Gem."

(OOC: whether Kyari died, turned into a Witch, or merely had momentary Soul Gem troubles is up to you.)

"I.... Died?"

She couldn't believe it. She died fighting. And to think that she avoided that fate for a long time now by cleansing her gem... Is she doing the right thing? To stay alive protecting those she loves? Well, she is but... What happened to her family in that universe? Did they die as well? So when that Kyari died, she joined them? Is she being selfish but staying alive JUST to make sure her family stays alive as well?

No. No, she isn't going down like this. She isn't going to succumb to this despair. Not right now. There are people who will miss her besides her family. Perhaps the whole town will miss her despite not knowing them. She shook her head.

"That... Was it a heroic death?"

((How in the world did Katja end up in Kyari's house?))

(I think karcen just assume either your at the hospital or she shall the book drop)

" yea where do you want to go now?" Yui says as she yawns and stretches. She was tired again from not sleeping. She dreams of the accident that killed her family and other times she dreams that she in her magical girl form. She fighting something that looks nothing like a nightmare bit it fimiliar to her in a place that looks like she been on acid.

"Yawn*".

@Karcen

" We can visit father or go to there we do need to get groceries " She said with limited interest there was not much to do except wait for the next nightmare. That was all likely just part of being a magical girl cutting yourself off so you don't have to constantly flake or ditch friends. Well it worked out well for Katja as she was never very social. Katja had the memories too but for her they were easy to discard as there were lots of periods of time she forgot so it could simply be memories resurfacing, best not to think on them.

"You should visit your father i mean uncle before we go to the store. I think i make dinner tonight as well. " yui says as she yawns again. Yui transforms back to her regular form. She was wearing a t-shirt with a random symbol on kinda like a wave with merlin on it and blue shorts.

EssentPon said:
"I.... Died?"
She couldn't believe it. She died fighting. And to think that she avoided that fate for a long time now by cleansing her gem... Is she doing the right thing? To stay alive protecting those she loves? Well, she is but... What happened to her family in that universe? Did they die as well? So when that Kyari died, she joined them? Is she being selfish but staying alive JUST to make sure her family stays alive as well?

No. No, she isn't going down like this. She isn't going to succumb to this despair. Not right now. There are people who will miss her besides her family. Perhaps the whole town will miss her despite not knowing them. She shook her head.

"That... Was it a heroic death?"

((How in the world did Katja end up in Kyari's house?))
"A human might call it that. You went down fighting one of the most powerful Nightmares in history," Kyuubey replied.

Clover picked up the book.
"I'm not going to dispose of this until I know what my 'life' has been like. Anyways, I've got to get home. See you at school, Kyari."

She left the house, saying goodbye to Kyari's parents, and began the long walk home. The moon hung like a frozen pendulum, the stars like eyes, and the tall buildings like a maze Clover had navigated enough times that it was easy.

She could've sworn she saw something moving in the darkness. Hand on her Soul Gem to extract her weapon, she moved towards the space between a skyscraper and a restaurant.

Something was moving. It looked like a little girl.
"Are you lost? Are you hurt?" Clover called.

The little girl disappeared into the shadows, and Clover decided she must be seeing things and made her way home before she collapsed into bed, not awaiting school tomorrow.

Kyari had a dream... No. A nightmare. Something strange. A clockwork-like being... And her. There was a girl next to her. And another. And another. She couldn't make out their faces. She was fighting something but... As something was shot at her... It all went black. Kyari woke up with a gasp. What was that? What was going on? Who were the people with her? She couldn't tell... She has to tell Clover in the morning.

That night, Clover dreamed of a massive woman, with clanking clockwork for feet, flying through the sky. She dreamed of smashing it with her massive baton flail. And she dreamed of pain wracking her body and the deepest despair overtaking her mind, sinking, sinking...

She woke with a start, and realizing she had overslept, trudged to school with toast in her mouth.

Clover bumped into Kyari at lunch that day. She'd decided to ask to sit by her, which would be far preferable to sitting alone. "Hey."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back