• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic A Desperate Alliance (DergTheDergon and The Velveteen Rabbit)

all bu
  • During the meeting, Girard and Nima's eyes met, and Girard felt a warth spreading through his chest, his heart beating a tad faster. He caught a glimpse of the glowing symbol upon the princess's forehead, deep green eyes widening at the sight. She seeemd utterly embarassed about it, covering it up as best as she could. Girard wondered very much what that glow could mean. He'd have to ask her later.

After the unfortunate Debaucle with Clyde, Girard was quite clearly trying to keep his distance from the princess. He felt a pang of guilt in his chest every time he averted his gaze from her, and for the whole walk to the cafeteria during dwhich he didn't look back at her at all. To him, it seemed rather clear that the closer him and Nima became, the more unrest they would face. Not to mention, he highly doubted her parents would approve of them. It was clear to Girard now, after thier eyes met during the meeting, that she likely shared his feelings towards her. However, Girard knew it was downright unprofessional and shameful to romantically pursue someone you're bodyguarding, and Clyde had reminded him of that in his own very blunt and to the point manner.

After arriving at the cafeteria, Girard found himself swallowing as Nima suddenly approached him. She was going to ask what was going on with him, wasn't she? What was he supposed to say?" Thankfully, her parents hadn't followed her and Giraard's men seemed to be standing just far enough away so that if he spoke quietly enough, they could\t overhear him. Girad met Evangeline's eyes, and that same fondness was present in his eyes. That concerned and curious look of hers was almost hypnotizing, goading him to tell the aboslute truth. Hed sighed, rubbed his temples a bit,frowned and spoke quietly, his voice soft and compasssionate.

"No, honestly everything is not alright. I... keep thinking about what Clyde, my comrade, said... he made me realize that, although I am very fond of you... getting close to you is... risky. It could ruin your reputation, a princess with a lowly military grunt, and a human no less. I... don't want to selflishly sabotage the alliance our peoples have. We can still interact with each other but, perhaps less in public. This is why I will not eat with you. Please, enjoy your food your highness, I will stand by and ensure no one bothers you." He forced a smile, putting a hand upon her shoulder for a moment, before turning away from her. He hoped she took that well, and he felt guilty about making it sound so final. He really meant the partabout still being able to see each other though, just more discreetly. In public, it seemed best to Girard for everyone's sake that they refrained from enjoying each other's company in public.He couldn't help but feel that he was making the wrong choice about this, his heart all but crying out ot him to take back everything he said and sit and eat with her. But... he didn't, just stood by and watched as she and her parents ate.

It would be a long few days' journey to the next planet they wer going to trya nd save from a Vorcha invasion. During that time, Girard found himself hoping that he could spend time with Nima discreetly... that was, if she didn't start avoiding him now after that little speech of his about not acting so close in public.
    The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit

Back