• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Demon, A Girl, A Cat (not recruiting)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Introduction - The Cat
1680317767560.pngCat scratched his side, but was unable to relieve the itchy, slight stinging that covered his skin. Probably flees, he thought, snarling slightly as the itching intensified. Another thing to add to an already miserable day. The sun was at its highest peak, and Cat couldn't decide if the heat was helping or worsening the flees' activity. With a permanent scowl on his face, Cat continued forward down the dirt road, occasionally glancing around for any sign of... well, anything. Before him was the endless stretch of dirt, only broken up by scrub brush and ancient wooden fence that looked ready to fall over at any moment. The path was trodden down before him, and was his only indication that he might be headed in the right direction.

Hours passed, and only just as the sun was beginning to fully set, Cat reached the edge of a city. Civilization, at last, had appeared. Tall walls stood before him, much too tall to jump over and too smooth to climb. What in the nine hells do they intend to keep out? Cat wondered at the sight of them. Surely they're aren't any monstrous beasts left wandering the world. The last one I saw was at least two centuries ago. Silly humans clinging to silly fears. Inwardly, Cat rolled his eyes at the walls and the foolish humans who thought they needed them.

"Hey!"

Cat had meandered through the front gates of the city, and the guards evidently thought this was wrong. Cat felt his legs move before he could think about it, and jumped away. He ended up jumping onto a market stall, knocking over some strange glass objects. The shopkeep, none too pleased with destroyed merchandise, pulled out a broom and pulled it back like a bat. Cat jumped again, this time to the ground. As soon as his paws touched the ground, he sprinted away, diving under carts and feet and the occasional hoof. He felt a slight pull on his whiskers, and he switched directions. He headed down a street, towards a particular house.

Finally! He thought. He trotted towards the door, and as he did so felt the first drops of rain on his coat. Nine hells, rain? This girl had better let me in, and soon!

He scratched at the door, making quite a racket. Or so he thought. The rain fell harder, masking his scratching sounds, and no one came to answer the door. Cat spied a window with a small ledge, and quickly jumped up to it. He peered through the window, looking for signs of anyone nearby. Inside, he saw a normal-looking home, albeit a bit smaller than what he was used to. Alright, a lot smaller. Luckily, just inside was the girl he was looking for, rudely ignoring his polite requests to come inside.

Cat meowed, hoping to gain her attention. I swear, if she leaves me out in this rain, I will put a hex on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back