A Deathknight's Title

Forn Clakes

ECR Refugee
I'm in the process of creating an Abyssal npc that will act as the main villain in my upcoming story, yet I'm having trouble in conjuring the correct title for him.  Here's some info, so any ideas would be great:

He's a Day Caste from a northern region and was part of the town guard/watch. His mortal name was Mien and a corporal, yet a dirty and corrupt one, fond of using intimidation, running protection rackets and any other devious plots that would better him, and him alone.  Viewing the world in a "survival of the most devious" kind of way, he wouldn't shy away from violence, prefering to beat some one unconsious with his fists or throttling them.  His exaltation came in the form of being judged by a fellow guard, a player character called Draven, who outranked him.  Draven himself exalted as he witnessed Mien's corruption and past crimes and guilts.  Mien died by Draven's sword, penetrating his chest.  Mien was then approached by the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears, where he accepted the Black Exaltation.  He has now returned to the region, which lies several hundred miles north of the Fortress of Crimson Ice, following his mistresses plans, as well as his own taste of revenge.

I'm using his appearance exactely as the illustration from page 108 in the players guide, the one of the black cultist.  While Mien was mortal, he had an admiration for snakes, and during his training, he split his tongue in two, down the middle, so he would be as "slippery as a snake but with a bite that kills."  Abilities that will represent the Deathknight best involve Larceny, Stealth, Brawl, Bureacracy and Socialize, with some Thrown, Awareness, Athletics, Presence and Investigation.

Anyway, hope this helps, and my thanks in advance.

~FC.

So, ideally his name would have somthing to do with snakes?

I'm resisting the urge to suggest "Serpentor", or "Cobra Commander".

Damn! I just did!

:P

-S

:lol:  Serpents don't really have to be in his name, but I was going to include them into his Anima, somehow.

Cobra Commander...havn't heard that for years.

~FC.

what ever happend to that cartoon anyways?

EDIT- Howabout the Unqustionable Paragon of Lies and Teller of Impossable Truths

or

D man

what ever happend to that cartoon anyways?
It went the way of Transformers and Thundercats. Did you know that the voice actor for Cobra Commander/Starscream died of throat cancer? It's true.

Anyway, I won't further derail Forn's thread. Sorry.

-S

I used name for an Abyssal which kind of fits this description.  I called him Destroyer of the Circle of Life.  You can use that one if you like it.

I used name for an Abyssal which kind of fits this description.  I called him Destroyer of the Circle of Life.  You can use that one if you like it.
Hmm, I don't really see him as a Destroyer.  That sounds, well, too macho for the character.

Thanks though, any others?

~FC.

I can't think of anything specific for this guy, but here's some names I've used that you can feel free to steal:

• The Prince of Cold Earth
    Unkind Raven
    Cold Chains of Servitude
    The White Churl
    Blossoming Crimson Bloodflower

-S

Cool, cheers.

I've also got something else to add to his description, which I forgot to include:  He has been gifted a set of Essence Dice that absorb health levels and Essence, so he can amuse himself with captured mortals and ghosts.  His long-term goals are to develop a criminal network likes of which have never been seen.

~FC.

Stillborn said:
It went the way of Transformers and Thundercats. Did you know that the voice actor for Cobra Commander/Starscream died of throat cancer? It's true.
Anyway, I won't further derail Forn's thread. Sorry.

-S
never knew that... i miss the thunder cats

The Viper Who Herds the Black Flock

Only problem I'd see with this one is that it's a bit too culty...maybe more fit for a Snake style wielding Midnight.  Still, I feel it's somewhat appropriate what with his snake fetish and desire to rule a vast, dark underground criminal network.

Here are a few more:

Ash and Winter Vizier

The Forked Tongue of the North (probably better as a sobriquet)

The Slithering Vileness

never knew that... i miss the thunder cats
I thought that too, but then when I went back and watched the Thundercats, I realized that I didn't miss it at all. The animation was REALLY shoddy.

-S

I named one of my abyssals after the way he died. You said you had picked this mien's death scene so maybe something from that. Mine was a suicide so his name was Bleeds from Slit Wrist.

Just a thought.

Just to clarify a point I often see mistaken-  Deathknights are not dead.  They are typically at the threshold OF death when they are approached by the Deathlords, but no mortal has ever died and appeared as an Abyssal Exalted.

Just a nitpick.

And as far as another title...hmm...

The Grey Eyed Python

The Heartless Vassal

Cold Flame of The Ebon Pyre

riven5 said:
no mortal has ever died and appeared as an Abyssal Exalted.
I would think, however, that the Deathlord could probably keep them in this "mostly dead" state for quite a while, if it suited their purposes. Therefore these people may often be left for dead, or maybe even buried, and as far as the people who knew them are concerned, they're "dead".

-S

some abyssal names not too helpful but maybe. There was a 'weird' name generator our there that spit out the best abyssal names, I was going to look there for ideas, but alas I've lost it... But I always favored short and sweet less flowery names. (I have an alcem named Eccesively Long Title. How short and sweet can it get?)

• Recoiling Serpent's Son
  • Second Sting
  • Extracting Vile Justice (since he was once something like a cop)

The short list.

To crib one from A.C., how about "The Heart Girt With a Serpent"

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back