• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A darker, grittier sandbox pokemon RP?

Elysium

Nuts
Hey all, I've been looking for a pokemon RP to get into, but most of what I see are pokehuman RPs, or some sort of other spin I'm not really interested in. What I want is a good old fashioned pokemon RP, with trainers and gym battles and people heroing it up against the dastardly Team Rocket.

So I decided to a reboot of my old Crisis in Hoenn rp. To put the story and characters simply, it's the world of pokemon rebuilding after a war with Team Rocket, characters can be anything from a noob trainer getting their first pokemon and heading out on their quest, all the way up to the champions of various regions. Also included are the World Pokemon Federation (Poke-FBI) and Team Rocket remnants looking to make a comback.

As I mentioned in the title, it is a sandbox RP, with the loose plot of Team Rocket trying to find a legendary pokemon to wreak havoc and restore their reign of terror with, while the other trainers stop them. Or not. Up to them.

If you're interested, let me know below. Also mention what region you'd like to start in. Majority wins.

Sinnoh is perhaps my favorite region, but I'll only vote in the event of a tie.

Also, shameless self bump.

This could be interesting. I don't know enough about Pokemon to have a favorite region though ^^;

this would be really cool! i'm interested!

and i would say that hoenn would be a really good region to start in (and it's my favorite), but sinnoh is my second fav so i'd be fine with that, too

Well, so far it seems Sinnoh's the shoo-in. I'll probably work on the thread tonight, but tomorrow seems more likely. Stupid randomly busy sundays :/

Hello, is it too late to be interested in this? I'm a returning member and I've had an itch for a pokemkn rp. If I may put my two cents in, I vote for Hoenn. Also, if I may ask, how mature will this be? I only ask because I await the day where pokemon don't speak with their name and friendship beats everything goes out the window. Pokemon are creatures, so they should make sounds and whatnot the way RL creatures do. Anywho, hope I'm not too late

@Jose Prime Well, in terms of maturity it'll be pg13. Really what makes it darker and grittier is the storyline and character interaction. This won't be Ash Ketchum's happy go lucky romp, but it's not going to be an R-rated gorefest like the Saw or Devil's Rejects of pokemon. As for pokemon making noise or speaking their names, that's up to the players and how they want to write it.

And now it's looking like Hoenn has the top spot with our newest interested party. So I guess Hoenn it'll be.

Elysium said:
@Jose Prime Well, in terms of maturity it'll be pg13. Really what makes it darker and grittier is the storyline and character interaction. This won't be Ash Ketchum's happy go lucky romp, but it's not going to be an R-rated gorefest like the Saw or Devil's Rejects of pokemon. As for pokemon making noise or speaking their names, that's up to the players and how they want to write it.
And now it's looking like Hoenn has the top spot with our newest interested party. So I guess Hoenn it'll be.
Like the old thread? Yayy.

Also, am I still okay to have the spot I reserved? :0

@Elysium OK cool. I can't stand the pokemon cartoon. Now I just want clarification on my part, I know you said pg13, but what does that mean exactly? I'm not saying I want a gorefest, but would pokemon behaving the way animals do be too much? What I mean is pokemon eating other pokes, humans eating pokes, pokes harming humans, that stuff. I just want to know that way I know what can be and what can not, that's if there's still room to join.

@LeSoraAmari Yup, you still got the Hoenn Champ Spot.

@Jose Prime Yeah, that stuff's all fine. I figured that anyway, since they never specify. I mean, salmon doesn't exist in the world of pokemon, so I always just kinda assumed that people ate grilled fish pokemon, and bigger badder pokemon like Tyranitar ate smaller weaker things. Never really put too much thought into it, but it makes sense.

Anyway, I'll have the thread up soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back