• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Dangerous Affair

“No one gets invited to the king’s banquets unless they’re royalty or, at very least, of noble birth. Not even I get to go to them. Evelyn always insisted that I was lucky in the fact that I didn’t have to sit through them, but some part of me has always been curious about them. I honestly doubt they have anything especially interesting to talk about, but it would have been nice to see for myself, even if only once.”

When Rinna smacked Caleb for his inquiry, Ava winced. It really had sounded like it had hurt. “It’s all right,” Ava insisted. “I don’t mind.” She looked to Caleb. “I honestly can’t remember the last time someone was actually interested in learning about me, so if you have any other questions, Caleb- or any of you- please don’t hesitate to ask. As to how I learned to pick locks…” She gave a little shrug. “I taught myself. I was a curious child who wanted to learn an interesting skill. Since embroidery was tedious, I decided that I would just have to teach myself something and the less approval it would get if someone knew about it, the better. I considered it my personal little rebellion against the rigidity that came with being a ‘proper’ lady.”

She looked to Rinna and gave a little smile. “Considering that you’re the only bandits that I’ve ever met, I think you’ve set the bar high for the rest. I mean, yes, there was the rather large mistake of kidnapping the wrong person, but I’m willing to overlook that for the promise of a little adventure.”

And if robbing the palace wasn’t an adventure, then Ava had no idea what one was.

Having already thought about the little issue of gaining entrance into the castle, Ava had an answer prepared. “There’s a side door that only gets used during the days when the palace gets deliveries to the kitchen. By the time we make our move, the area will be clear and getting in will be as easy as opening up the lock. Which, as a fun little fact, it actually easier than the lock on the trunk I taught myself with.” She might possibly have gotten curious after perfecting her technique and tried unlocking every door in the palace- save for those on the royal family’s personal chambers- just to see if she could do it. The princess had always retired early and Ava had gotten extremely bored when left to her own devices. “From there, we make our way through the kitchens into the hallway, where, yes, there actually is a secret passage. All we have to do is follow it and we’ll come out directly across from the treasury.” She really had had far too much time unsupervised as a child. By the time she had grown to adulthood, she had known how to get around the palace without being seen. It had proved extremely useful when she wanted to be left in peace for a bit.

Considering her weapon choices, she commented, “I’m afraid I’ve never touched a crossbow, let alone used one, so I think it’s probably best I leave that to those who actually know what they’re doing. A dagger, though, I think I can manage.” There was a sharp end for a reason, after all.

“When all is said and done, I really don’t think we’ll have much trouble at all making our way in and out of the palace. As long as no one wanders off and gets lost, this should be one of the easiest paydays you’ve ever had.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back