• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Ceaseless Desire

Inali ignored them best he could, simply rubbing her shoulder and telling her it was okay. He texted his mom and she said it would be another 20 minutes until she got there, but they weren't allowed to talk to them until she did. Or at least not allowed to try. "It will be okay Raph."He smiled at her reassuringly.

As he gave her a smile, Raph was pulled out of her stupor for a moment. Give a brief, half hearted, exhausted one in return before being submerged once more.

As they waited, one of the officers approached them and tried to take them in for questioning. Something told Raph that this wasn't going to go well though she couldn't even remember where she was.

@Kazuka Rikiya (Goin' to bed. Talk to yah later! ^^)

(Night~)

Inali harshly glared at the cop that tried to take them into the interrogation room. "When our lawyer arrives and no sooner."He said with a warning growl. He turned and ran his fingers through Raph's hair gently. "Just relax, take a nap if you need to I'll make sure nothing bad happens."He cooed softly.

Leaning on her friend with a considerable amount of weight, Raph didn't really go to sleep but like I have mentioned before, she wasn't conscious either. Just staring off into blank space, her eyes dull and unfocused as well as a bit red from crying.

What seemed like an eternity later, Inali's mother entered the station.

@Kazuka Rikiya (Merry Christmas!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
(Merry very Late Christmas xD I didn't forget, I was just busy from family and work qwq)

Inali's mother looked absolutely nothing like him except that they both had long hair, albeit hers was tied in a pony tail and bright friggin golden blonde and NOT dyed at all, and matching orange hues. She wore a very expensive suit that hugged a fit frame but the frown pursing her lightly painted lips made her look anything but like an Angel. She barely looked a day over 20 yet was in her 40's now.

Inali kind of wished they could be seeing each other in better circumstances.

"I am Lara Grey, I will be acting as Inali and Raphael's attorney while you question them." She said simply, adjusting her glasses and casting her son a quick glance.

Inali knew they were saved~

The cops wasted no time after that. Quickly taking them in for questioning. Inali was first considering Raph wasn't exactly stable at the moment.

@Kazuka Rikiya (Sorry about forgetting...I've been so damned busy lately and if you wouldn't like to continue I understand ^^)

(It's not a big deal but I am a bit bored, I forgot too)

Inali leaned back in the chair, glancing around the interrogation room as Lara plopped her brief case down on the table and adjusted her glasses casually.

A detective sat down in front of them whilst the cop that led them into the room leaned upon the door. "Alright, it says here that you are Inali Grey, 22 years of age, Native American and work as a waiter at some local restaurant. This information is all correct, is it not?"

@Kazuka Rikiya

Inali blinked slowly at the question and nodded. "More or less, I am half Native American." He nodded to Lara who was watching the Detective very closely, waiting for him to slip up any. "But yeah, the rest is all right."

"Alright..." shuffling a few paper around, it appeared as if he had photo's of the alleged crime scene as well as victim. "Now in your own words can you please explain what happened, your relationship with the victim, anything deemed important. Leave no details out."

@Kazuka Rikiya

Inali tried not to look at the pictures, it was still rather gross, but he was handling it better than Raphael was at least. He glanced at his mother and she nodded to show she was fine with moving on. "Alleged victim." Lara corrected the Detective with a smile. "Raph and I were having lunch together like we do every day, we've got a long free period before our next class together. She asked me to help her clean up the dorm room because her roommate had left it rather...trashed last night, apparently after getting drunk at some party. We stopped by my room to give her one of my old back packs for her school books and we went to the dorm room to clean it. When we walked inside it smelled....a lot worse than I expected...Raph freaked out and ran to the bathroom, and we found her...like that." He cringed a bit and motioned to his picture. "I figured she choked on her own vomit since her head was..like that...Raph started freaking out so I got her out of there and called the police after she'd stopped crying." He then paused and shrugged. "I didn't have a relationship with her, she was Raph's roommate. I'd seen her around campus, maybe said hello a few times, but besides that I didn't know her." Lara then adjusted her glasses.

The detective pursed his lips for a moment before nodding. "Okay then...Now I am wondering your relationship with Raphael or Raph as you call her. From what I can see, she has a bit of history about her."

@Kazuka Rikiya

Inali frowned slowly before glancing at his mother, who narrowed her eyes some. "Raph's been my best friend for a long time now, there is no relationship beyond being friends. She's a good person, she's just had some bad luck...."

A small smile played upon his lips as he then said “Bad luck? I’m not sure I would place, oh let's see here...under-aged drinking and drug use, vandalism, theft and various other crimes under ‘bad luck’ but it sure is amazing she actually go into a decent college. Anyway you’re free to go.” Looking to the guard, the detective then said “Alright, you can bring her in.”

@Kazuka Rikiya (In short, she grew up in a house with her father, sister, her father’s brothers and their sons so she was exposed to some bad examples early on in life.)

Inali's feathers looked rather rumpled as he glared at the Detective, poised to strike but Lara raised her hand. "It's fine Inali, go on." The dark skinned man frowned some before standing and leaving the room. "Detective, you failed to mention this was done when she was a minor and has no bearing on what has happened now because all of that was expunged. You'd do well to keep your mouth shut about that unless you want to lose that shiny badge of yours." LAra said icily, eyes narrowed.

Despite this fact, his smirk remained even as Raphael entered. She had collected herself...somewhat. At least she was aware of what was happened at the moment, but the detective was still looking to take advantage of her current state of mind. Taking a seat, the officer at the door appeared to become a bit more alert, defensive even. “Now, this says that you are Raphael Thomas, 20 years of age, your father was Hispanic and mother unknown, and work alongside Inali Grey as a waitress. Also I would like you to confirm that you are indeed…” his hazy eyes scanned her masculine frame “Female.” A frown immediately appeared upon her lips. “Excuse me?!” Yet glanced to Inali’s mother, knowing that she shouldn’t be speaking.

@Kazuka Rikiya

"Sir I would remind you that if you go along that road you'd be hanging yourself once it got out that you were showing signs of not treating someone fairly because of how they look, I wouldn't even need a court to take your badge." Lara rolled her eyes some. "Plus that file would state if she's female or male, so that was just an attempt to rile her. Do it again, I dare you." Lara crossed her arms and shook her head at Raphael to show she should not reply to that question.

“But everything else is true.” She replied curtly. Nodding he then pulled out the pictures once more, causing Raphael to avert her eyes from the unpleasant sight. “Can you explain in detail, what happened and your relationship to the…” he glanced at Lara before saying “Alleged victim.” Giving a sigh, Raph began with the start of her day. “Well, last night I had come home to a once again trashed dorm with her pleasuring herself yet again for possibly the 5 time this week. To exhausted to actually do anything, I just climbed into bed and fell asleep. Next morning I was awoken two hours earlier than usual by her wanting me to hold her hair as she threw up and tried to sleep off her hangover. I was almost late to class by the time she fell asleep. Went to my morning classes, had lunch, went to Inali’s dorm to get the spare bag…” Raph was momentarily distracted whilst remembering the incident with the duffle bag in his room. Blinking a few times, she continued. “and when we returned and I opened the door, the stench was awful. I ran inside and found her in the bathroom. I...really don’t remember much after.” Looking at the detective, she then asked in curious tone. “Why am I being questioned if an autopsy could easily determine that no foul play was involved? She was a hell of an alcoholic and there weren’t any visible wounds.”

@Kazuka Rikiya (I’ll let you control the detective for this one)

Lara smiled at the Detective much like how a cat might smile at a mouse before eating it. "Miss Thomas has a good point Detective, and if I find out you were questioning them simply because the school wants to put the blame off on children because they can't keep students from keeping liquor off campus...Well, next year might not be very high in attendance ratings if they're not shut down." Lara stood up as the Detective tried to keep a cool face. "Until the autopsy is complete I suggest these two be released as there is no evidence to hold them." The Detective clicked his tongue in reply. "....For now, at least."

The once defeated detective then all of a sudden gain a triumphant gleam in his eyes. “But wait. I see here one charge for-” “For what?!” Raphael snapped. “I haven’t done anything illegal since the 10th grade.” This was now starting to get on her nerves, thinking that this was about a bit more than an alcohol overdose. A chuckle escaped his lips as he then stated. “Raphael Thomas, I place you under arrest for admitting to all these crimes.” As the cop who was guarding the door started to walked over, she was dumbfounded. “I committed those as a minor and have already been reprimanded!” The guy who was cuffing her was apparently deaf, not listening to her as he listed off her rights in a monotone. She casted a somewhat helpless look to Lara, not knowing what this asshole had against her.

@Kazuka Rikiya

Lara's eyes widened before he stood up, grabbing her brief case. "You have no right to arrest someone for what they did as a minor when they already had these crimes taken care of! Even if all weren't taken care of, she was a minor and there is a statue of limitations here!"

(How'd this go from a fantasy RP to a cop drama? xD )

He was about to offer a retort when the coroner walked in with a file in his hand. "I believe you may want to take a look at this..." Taking and opening it, he grinned in delight before slapping it down upon the table. The corpse had apparently been destroyed from the torso down where her clothing had concealed. Jagged marked as if done with a serrated knife ran in a sloppy manner all over her chest, breasts, and thighs. Raphael's eyes widened "What the hell? There was no blood! She was lying there untouched, covered in shit and every other bodily fluid known to man aside from that!" Alas she was ignored, while they spoke of still trying to find the murder weapon.

This was impossible.

"I was with Inali in the cafeteria, there's proof that I couldn't have done this!" The detective just sighed "You already have proven that you...disliked our victim, and this could've been done before you left for class because our only witness is now dead. And oh what does it say her time of death was? A few minutes after you left the room." Raph was stricken with anger among other things, responding with "Then explain the lack of blood? How could cuts such as these been made and not leave a huge mess everywhere as well as stain my clothing and hands? Perhaps they were made post mortem by someone wanting me arrested? The coroner looked horrified “I would never put my job on the line for something such as that!”

@Kazuka Rikiya (Your turn to be the detective an such)

(I dunno, I don't even do this kind of thing because I never went to friggin law school. You started it.)

Lara looked over the report with a deep scowl before she looked up with a sharp glare. "Well you are now, I will have a court appointed coronoror to reexamine the body to ensure there was no stupidity on your part, on the grounds that you just tried to arrest a girl under false pretenses, and are clearly showing bias toward my client. But besides a time of death that could be entirely wrong, you have no evidence. No bloody clothes, no murder weapon, no nothing. Just a time you didn't even ask her for, she never gave you an exact time of when she left the dorm room, just that she was almost late for class." LAra argued with narrowed eyes, the Detective looking a bit flustered since there was no record of a found knife.

With a set jaw, he hissed through clenched teeth "Fine. You are free to go. But I wouldn't be so sure that you got away with this." Getting uncuffed, Raphael quickly exited the room. Her face a mask of various emotions though the most prominent being anger and confusion.

@Kazuka Rikiya

"Give it your best shot, you wont be framing anyone today." Lara hissed back before leaving the room with Raphael, Inali pacing outside the door before stopping when he saw her. "Raph? You okay?" He asked as he touched her shoulder, Lara flipping through contacts to find the number of her PI. She had some information that needed to be dug up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back