• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

A Board to Goof Off?

Dugym

One Thousand Club
Basically, a board/sub-board where you can goof off and create ridiculous threads.

It wouldn't count towards your post count, obviously.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is general chat, personal chat, and forum game chat? I'm not sure there is anything you could post that wouldn't fit into one of those three.

Riuma said:
@Mordecai
What about a thread dedicated to talking about fake qualifications like having a Ph.D in dancing like a duck?
I don't see why that couldn't be a thread that would fit in general discussion. c:

What about a thread where I sit on a rock and just waggle my tail for extended periods of time in front of people who get off on seeing wagging wolf tails? Would the General Discussion cover that too? *woof*

I suppose you could make a thread for silliness or something-

but just a random board to be silly on?

Sounds like an idea.

I assume if the mods are okay with General Discussion being trashed with nonsense threads and that counting towards the total post count then it can work.

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]>_> Seems like a strange focus for a roleplaying site?

[/QUOTE]
Who wouldn't want to goof off?

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Eh. I dunno. Just seems like a waste of time to me when I could be writing posts xD But I come here solely to RP, anyhow.

[/QUOTE]
The Nonsense Thread already has several posts.

Riuma said:
The Nonsense Thread already has several posts.
I'm sure it will :) People like to goof off around here. But I still don't imagine it needs it's own section/forum/prefix. Not when the main focus of the site is roleplaying, and there's already plenty of locations for threads like that ;-)

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]I'm sure it will :) People like to goof off around here. But I still don't imagine it needs it's own section/forum/prefix. Not when the main focus of the site is roleplaying, and there's already plenty of locations for threads like that ;-)

[/QUOTE]
If I posted a thread in General Discussion called "10 Reasons Why Dancing Is Addictive", people might take it seriously. This could apply to other scenarios. Maybe it could be a "Nonsense and Comedy" prefix. People could post joke threads too.

I'm imagining judging from the content of the post... and the general intellect level of members on the site, people would probably figure it out :)

But best of luck to ya! Stranger things have happened.

Nonsense is not getting its own section or prefix. We have general and forum games for spam. That should honestly do.

I don't really have any authority or influence here (officially, that is :3), but I was tagged in the matter so I feel obliged to express my opinion.

I agree with Wiz.

@Riuma - thanks for making me feel important tho *woof* :)

Riuma said:
If I posted a thread in General Discussion called "10 Reasons Why Dancing Is Addictive", people might take it seriously. This could apply to other scenarios. Maybe it could be a "Nonsense and Comedy" prefix. People could post joke threads too.
If you want a 'nonsense' thread, I'd really suggest putting it into the Personal Discussion forum with the 'Chitchat' prefix. It's there for a reason. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back