• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Binding Contract [MidnightSpade + PlaguedWithInsanity]

DigitalPopsicle

tastes like static

-[ A Binding Contract ]-

Candles, chalk, meat, gold, silk, and a phone glowing in the dim room. Kade wondered why he felt the need to do this again. A joke between his work colleagues had ended up with a bet and a joke and him going out and buying a pack of candles, and the rest of the things on the list that was currently on the screen of his cell phone.

A few days ago, one of the women at the bar he worked at came to him and the others in the break room at the time, talking about something she'd seen online about old rituals. The topic of demons had come up, and after several days of them making in-jokes and searching online for the most ridiculous rituals that believers and others had apparently performed, ended with one of them making a bet with him that he'd never do one and post photos online.

The terms of the bet were that he would set the whole thing up, take a video as he performed it, and then post it on his Twitter and Facebook claiming to the world that he was doing serious about what he was doing, that it was a secret sin or secret belief, or something along those lines The redhead wouldn't have even bothered if it weren't for the fact that someone actually bet him $50 that he'd never do something like that. Considering the supplies he'd have to get only totalled about $5 anyway, he figured he was making a $45 profit. Not too shabby, in his opinion.

The ritual they'd picked out was another joke in itself. After much scrolling through Google and various other sites, they'd found one that was 'perfect'. One that apparently summoned a demon.

With chalk lines on his laminate wood flooring in a perfect circle, Kade laid the candles out around the edge, along with on the shelves and floor around him for extra light. He'd bought a bumper pack full of tealights for less than a dollar, and he was damn well going to get his moneys worth.

"This is ridiculous." He muttered to himself for the fiftieth time since beginning this 'ritual', as he lay the plate of raw beef, the gold necklace, and silk scarf in the center.

The meat was to feed it upon its arrival. The gold and silk were to appeal to any luxury-seeking demons, and the text read something about those types being much less violent. Not that the redhead believed this would actually work, but his best friend who did believe insisted he took precaution.

Everything was in place, so he set his phone up on the side, video camera rolling, piece of paper in his hand with his 'summoning script'. He took his position, standing in the middle of the triangle created by his offerings.

"So, this is my attempt to summon... some kind of demon. I hope its a nice one." Kade grinned at the camera, completely faking his happiness.

The paper was hard to read but he could see his scrawl in the dim light. With a clear voice so the video would pick it up, he began to recite the text. However with his movement, he'd caught a scab on his arm which he'd gotten from a broken bottle earlier in the week. Being quite deep and fresh the wound began to bleed, oozing over his arm. He pulled a face, but left it be. He'd put a band-aid on it when he was done.

"I ask thee, carnal creatures, hear my voice. Let it lead you. Let it guide you. I summon thee to my presence. I bring you offerings. Come and seek me. Hear my words. I summon thee."

A drop welled up on his arm, trickling down his flesh as he spoke. It went unnoticed as it dripped innocently by his feet, at the centre of the circle, at the centre of his offerings. Then the circle began to glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back