A Beast of Lores Has Appeared!

BeastofLores

Knower of Worlds
Greetings, fae-folk and mortalgoers! I am the Fable's Beast, a Beast of Lores. I'm not but a creature of the aether, a beholder of stories and worlds, and when I am not basking in the wonderful creations of others, I'm weaving my own universes, one letter at a time. As you can probably tell from all of this, I am an avid world-builder. It is my sole desire to thread grand creations for others to experience. Of course, I am still young, so what is made now may not be entirely up to criteria.

With that out of the way, I just wish to say that I am happy to make all of your acquaintances. In the coming days, I hope I am accepted by this fair community. I am in your care until then.

(The current world I am focusing on is 'Beholder', a post-apocalyptic dark medieval fantasy with survival and magi-tech elements.)

Itโ€™s one of my kind! Itโ€™s nice to see one of your own in an unfamiliar place when youโ€™re travelling among places. :)
Itโ€™s nice to meet you, Iโ€™m called Fey. Iโ€™m also interested in learning more about the current world youโ€™re building called Beholder.

Feyrie Feyrie Ah, salutations to you as well, Fey. It is indeed lovely to see kin in the eldritch. Or some other verbose and gracious way to say, 'fancy meeting someone with the same interests.'

Well, Beholder is an alternate universe of sorts of another world known as Benelim. It takes a multitude of elements from the canon universe and adds twists to it all, but is developed enough to be considered a stand-alone universe what just happens to have similar elements. The gist of the world is that, some thousand years or so ago, beings known as the Damned breached into the mortal planes from their respective realms of Damnation, such being self-explanatory. The Damned poured out from the infernos, hells and what have you like a tsunami of malice and corruption. Certain nations had prepared for such and sent cities aloft via grand magical devices as the hordes trampled below. Others scoffed at the possibility of such happening, believing their gods and the like would prevent such absurdities. Ultimately, the ensuing destruction was unprecedented for many countries and civilizations. None suffering more so than those of unwavering faith to the gods above.

The horde was being assaulted by virtually everything in existence. The gods and their armies sent volleys of divine artillery and swarms of infantry upon the corrupted masses, and the armies of mortals followed similar paths. But the horde kept coming. Soon, they were able to erect a device within a city completely opposite to the rifts they came from on the other side of the world. By this point, mortal kind was completely subjugated into cowardice and fleeing, whatever attempting to struggle being brutally slaughtered, much like the armies from before. The device tore a colossal hole in the fabrics of space above the city, the rift dubbed the Hellrift. The Hellrift breached into the realm of the gods and angels, and it was through this the horde continued its assault. Ultimately, they were victorious, the Damned Lords what ushered this chaos forth adorning themselves in the flayed hide of the gods mortal kind once looked to for guidance, sitting upon the now-black golden thrones as the new watchers of the world.

The angels that once vehemently followed the gods' will now lie as mountains of bodies, agents of the Damned, nomads adrift in the cosmos or wingless betrayers who attempted to flee but were punished for desertion and cast down into the mortal planes amidst the hordes.

The corruption the Damned all exude has fundamentally altered the mortal planes into a diverse set of hellscapes, ranging from Infernos(fire) to Hells(frost). There are very few havens untainted by Damnation in the world. Though, one particular nation that sprouted after the apocalypse seems to have found a way to purge the corruption from the lands, albeit slowly, the mutations wrought by damnation still remaining.

Currently, there are three nations: The Udaari Kingdom(faith), the Arcanum(magic), and Ode(spirituality.)

That's about all I can really cover for the moment without this being an even bigger lore dump. I hope you enjoy what little I've shared!

:)

Itโ€™s interesting and youโ€™ve manage to create a picture of your world but itโ€™s really still the big picture and I canโ€™t see clearly whatโ€™s going on, except infering that they will most likely find a way to purge out the threat. I guess, itโ€™s still too early to really tell and with more information and planning that itโ€™d be more interesting and engaging ( or itโ€™s just me being rusty and unable to get my brainโ€™s creative juices acting).

Feyrie Feyrie
This is the world on a grand scale without the nuance required to truly grasp what it is like. Currently, the Ode(Oden being the inhabitants) and the Udaari Kingdom(Udaari being the inhabitants) are the ones with the most flesh, the Arcanum having to take a seat for the moment. To summarize it, the Udaari Kingdom is a nation established by a deific skeletal entity who proclaims themselves to be God known as Udaar, who is capable of astonishing feats of divine resurrections of the fallen as skeletal undead. Furthermore, Udaar is capable of crafting skeletal devices and machines from the bones of virtually any being, as he has proven he is capable of purging the Damnation within an object if given time. The Oden are a race of subterranean half-demons with a unique history of genocides and suffering directed entirely at them, from both mortals, demons, and even their own people.

There's so much more to it but that's them summed up.

Let me sum up my reaction: sounds complicated. But itโ€™s really interesting! If youโ€™ll ever turn it to a roleplay, remember to hit me up! Hopefully by the time you do, Iโ€™ve manage to adjust my mental state again that my creativity is easily working and my writing isnโ€™t so awkward.

Feyrie Feyrie It can be complicated at times. But that's what makes a world more believable and entertaining, especially if the complexity wasn't for the sake of complexity and actually held a purpose. The most amazing thing you can do is have the physics you've set in place automatically evolve into different systems without your active influence. They simply appeared as things began to connect. That's what Benelim did. Squirrels and trees can now ascend into god-hood, thanks to the magic system.

Anyway, when I can get my lazy hide into gear and actually get this suitable for an RP, I'll be sure you're the first to know. Though, such will take time as I'm doing all of this by myself.

(edit: Hit me up in a PM when it is made possible if you want more in-depth knowledge and to assist in the creation process.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back