• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A̷ ̵D̴a̵r̷k̷ ̶R̴o o m̷

Caffeine Freak

Two Thousand Club
the fire is dead.

the room is freezing.

maxresdefault.jpg

Magic is dead.

The war killed it, froze it in time. What remains of it flickers into nothing. Now all that's left is the forest, little more than a memorial to the life that once thrived on the planet's surface. The sun above - merely a dying flame, and the world is slowly plunging into one eternal night. You're all that's left of what was once called civilization, but you're not alone. The last chapter of the world has brought fourth hordes of living nightmares, born from the festering fallout of the war, and nurtured in the cold womb of the forest.

This is how the end begins. You find yourself sprawled out on a cold concrete floor, surrounded by strangers. Whatever memories you retain come in scraps, and trying to recall anything else results in little more than a headache. The outside world, while inhospitable to all but its denizens, yields relics of time that will be invaluable to your survival. Will you and your unorthodox allies uncover the mystery forgotten by the war, and scrape together a life in hell itself? Or will your struggles end in vain, and simply add only to the whispers left behind by a dying world?

--
Welcome to A Dark Room! If you haven't guessed already, the RP is inspired from the game of the same name, but retains only the base concept, so no knowledge of the game is required to participate. Dice elements will be used for combat, in which you're free to create your own attacks, and their effectiveness will be assessed by a roll from the GM. Characters can be any humanoid race of your choosing, though keep in mind that any magical abilities your character may have will be severely limited without the use of in-RP items.

While character death will be an element in this RP, it will be determined by decision making instead of simply occuring because of consecutively poor dice rolls.

And that's all there is to it! Feel free to ask any questions, and if you're interested then I hope y'all have fun playing.

Actually, I think I will pull out due to my hectic schedule. I am sorry for my previous expression in being interested while unable to fulfill that commitment. I hope we could still cooperate in the foreseeable future.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak
Would you like me to continue posting? Are we looking for someone else to replace NormalUnormal? If this thread is dead I will mark it off my daily check list and look for something else to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back