• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 6 Feet Under

EvelienLocalArtist

In a drawer full of knives you're the spoon.
Warning may contain graphic violence to some viewers:

"You part of the family so you keep to the family. The family wants you to do something you do it, no questions asked. The family doesn't want you to do something, you don't do it. You respect the family, make it proud. No getting screwy with it and thinking you can do whatever you want. There's always gonna be consequences, for every action, right or wrong. And sometimes you gotta make the wrong choice then you make it right. And if you make the right choice but it goes wrong fix it. Understand?" Flipping a switchblade in his hand as finished lecturing his only daughter.

"Understood Father." She stared at him angrily, pure hatred in her voice.

"This is the last time, Vanessa. Now get out." He said turning around to face a quivering young man who was beaten, gagged and tied up. "You shoulda known better than to mess with my daughter."

The young man was terrified as he stepped closer, he tried to squirm and get away but couldn't, he was trapped.

He tutted at the young man then in one quick movement he stabbed his blade into his heart. Dragging the blade down then across in his signature kill, a bleeding cross. Done he pulled the blade out and watched as the young man left behind all pride and cried in agony as he saw his own blood flooding from his chest. After a few seconds of misery the young man laid still dead.

"I pray that god forgives you for your sins."

(Just gonna start then)

Vanessa sat on her bed glaring up at the small camera that glowed up in the corner of her room. Even her her own house her father refused to give her any privacy always watched in case she was doing something he didn't like. There was a camera in every room seeing her every movement. She hated it and she hardly ever came back here because of it.

She laid back on her bed her arms were sore from when they grabbed her and brought her back to this cage. He father had told them not to leave a mark on her, but you could still hurt someone without leaving a mark on them. And they were quite good at it.

Turning her attention to her window she watched as the sun went down, she smirked. The camera's didn't have night vision. She got up and walked over to her vanity pretending to get changed she pulled open the trap door in her floor boards. And crawled in. It led all the way through her house and into her backyard shed. It was the one thing she could keep from her father without him finding out.pulling her coat tight around her. She chuckled mischievously as she climbed through the trapdoor'a exit, out of her shed and into the outside world. She was free again.

Johnathan laid slumped over the bar. He was working late again and now that things were dying down he could finally get a little rest. The loudest and rowdiest of customers had either left or passed out. That was always the best part of the night. Thank goodness too, because boy was he exhausted.... Working over time nearly every day was tiring, but he desperately needed the money. He was not only in debt to certain people in town, but behind on many payments for other things as well.

(Plan on changing things up a bit so this isn't the exact same.)

Vanessa walked down the dully light sidewalk, pulling her hair into a pony tail and coat and scarf around her. No it wasn't much of a disguise but if she was smart with where she walked she wouldn't even need to worry about getting caught. Walking through tree lined paths and dark alleys she reached her destination quickly. Making sure no one was watching she make her way into the back door of a local pub. Careful not to get caught by the owners she snuck through and to the bar where she saw plenty of past out men and spilt alcohol. "You still alive John?" She asked appoarching him with a smile. Out of all the men she befriended in her adult life Johnathan here has lived the longest. Though seeing how she has only known him about a month now, that wasn't sawing much.

He let out a heavy sigh and looked up at the familiar face with a slight smile. "I think so, but barely." He chuckled and slid up onto his elbows. He definitely looked rough. His hair was a mess and he had some rough stubble covering his usually more clean shaven face. The exhaustion seemed to have aged him a few years as well. "I'm very happy to finally see a familiar face that isn't shouting at me drunkenly though. How've you been by the way? I haven't seen you for a couple of days."

She paused remembering what her father had done to the young man she had been with and shivered at the memory of all the blood and cries. "I was uh..., having a lovely family conversation with my father....I had to give it some time before I could see you again and make sure you're safe." She said tones of sadness in her voice at the death of an innocent. "So I take it the payments aren't going so well?" Vanessa ask taking a seat in front of him.

He chuckled again and sat up a little straighter. "Aaah...troubles with the old man again?" Johnathan was clueless as to what she really meant. He only thought that her father was one of those really stern and strict ones...boy o boy was that an understatement.. "Anyway, don't worry about me...I'm perfectly fine. Payments are killing me and the landlord is threatening to evict me again, but I'll scrape by..."

A small frown crosses her lips. "If you need a better job I can help you find one." She offered worried for her friend. "I'd like to think all of my friends are floating rather than scraping by." She said dusting nut shells off the counter and rested her elbows on it. She knew who he owned dept to and it killed her to see him struggling like this to try paying it. Course if he didn't pay it, soon it'd be killing him. "I can find you dozens of jobs that pay ten times more than you're making here."

"That's really sweet of you to offer..." He looked at her with a tired smile. She was so nice to him, one of the only people he knew who was... "You really don't have to do that, but uh... there's no way I can resist that. I can't take scraping by like this anymore and if I don't find something better soon this stress is gonna send me to an early grave." He buried his head in his hands. The poor thing was barely keeping it together.

Vanessa smiled glad to see he was willing to take her offer. "Sounds like you need a drink." She said reaching into her purse and pulling out a flask full of liquor hunderds of dollars more expensive than every drink in the bar. "Here." She said handing the flask over to him.

"You know me too well." He moved his hands from his face, a sweet smile spread across it as he took the flask from her. He was more than happy to take a swig of it. Sure he could have had any drink in the bar, but he was too low on cash to pay for it, so a free drink was more than welcome. "Thanks Vanessa." He wiped his mouth and handed the flask back to her. "So, what are some of these jobs that you know of that will get me out of this?"

"Well I'm sure you'd make a great male stripper." She said smirking deviously putting the flask away. "It all depends, what do you want to be?" She asked curiously.

He couldn't help but laugh. "Male stripper? You really think I could do that?" He made a motion to his current disheveled and zombie like appearance. "I honestly don't really care at this point...as long as it pays well I'm fine with it."

"Well I could slide you into a cozy CEO position? You could just sit in your office and screw your pretty secretary as the money comes rolling in. Or if you're not into that then you could be a celebrity physical therapist and only take the pretty ones?" She said trying to think of easy well paying jobs that he could do, that wouldn't involve him becoming too close to her father's business anymore than necessary.

"Now those don't sound too bad." He chuckled. "But do you really think I could do something like that? I mean....I'm pretty much a high school dropout." He leaned back and cocked his head to the side. "Pretty sure a guy like me wouldn't be well like in a position like that..."

"Well I could pull a few strings and like that," she snapped her fingers. "You could have several degrees in business or anything medical, and have been in that field for several years." She looked at him with a grin wondering if he was even still interested in her offer.

"You would do something like that for me?" A look of surprise spread across his face. They were pretty close friends, but he'd hadn't known her for that long. Not long enough for something this big but, how could he refuse? "That sounds great! I don't know how you can even do that, but I'm desperate right now...so don't really care. I just want to get this debt off my shoulders."

A happy smile lit up her face. "Good, we'll settle the details on this new career of your's tomorrow at the cafe on 2nd street at noon." She said sitting up straighter a tone of victory in her voice.

"Sounds like a plan." He smiled happily. "I'll sign for tomorrow off as soon as my shift is over. I've got more than enough vacation days to use."

Vanessa chuckled "I'm sure." It was then she noticed one of the drunk females was watching them not very closely but still... "Well it was a pleasure doing business with you." She said jokingly and shook his hand. "Do me a favor." She said her voice quietening and with her hand still holding his pulled him closer. "Don't let anyone see you leave your apartment, and if they do make sure they don't recognize you. Don't take any main roads either, and make sure you aren't being followed. Also don't tell anyone about this either. Please, yes that sounds odd but for yours and my's sake please do it. I'll explain tomorrow." She whispered into his ear, then pulled away and in a louder more playful voice said. "See ya' then Johnny~" then she waved him goodbye with a smirk and left the same way she came. The drunk woman hiccuped when Vanessa left. "I'll have...what she's having..." She was barely able to before passing out.

John was more than confused by what she told him to do, why would he need to be so sneaky for this? Sure he was in deep, but that didn't mean they were constantly at his back for some reason did it? He shrugged that thought off though and nodded. "Okay, got it." He smiled and sat back on his chair again. "See ya'!" He replied in a happy tone as she left. Then promptly got back to work cleaning up the bar like nothing had happened.

That night Vanessa had cut the power in her house and left once more. She had many connections she had made without her father's knowledge and in less then 6 hours she had several degrees, jobs and backgrounds for Johnathan all he had to do was pick one and stick to it. Though once she had all this she asked herself way she was doing all this for him. She knew why, but still, if he died it would all be for nothing. He was one of the only friends she had, the rest couldn't even really be called friends, only acquaintances and connections. That was why she was doing this for him, she wanted him to live.

The next morning was chilly, she put on her scarf, hat and coat all allowing her to help hide her face. She did as she had told Johnathan and avoided the main roads and sat at the back table, with a manila folder on the table and waited.

Johnathan was more than happy to finally be able to sleep in. He wasn't one hundred percent, but he was a lot better than before. He was more peppy and less ratty looking. Once he was fully washed up and clean shaven he left his apartment to meet up with Vanessa as planned. Doing exactly as she had told him. Watching for people following him and taking the back alleys to get there. Much to his delight everything went smoothly and he found her quickly. "Good afternoon" He said quietly and with a bright smile as he sat down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back