• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ʟɪʟʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏ (ꜱʜᴀʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴅʀɪᴄ)

fairyfawn

respectless
Edric Blight Edric Blight

IMG_3546.jpeg
LILY EVANS

September 1st! A brand new year at Hogwarts! Well, more specifically this is going to be the start of fifth year for Lily Evans! How exciting! Lily couldn’t wait to board the train and settle down for the nine hour train ride to Hogwarts. It’s a long train ride but it’s worth it, you know? It’s also a rather gloomy, rainy day today. It’s not a downpour or anything nor is it storming but it’s more of a drizzle. Lovely weather for the first day back. Lily didn’t mind it though. Nope, not at all!

She was making her way through Kings Cross Station to the platform between 9 and 10 with all of her luggage in tow with her.

Even though Lily’s parents would accompany her to Kings Cross Station, her sister would always stay home. It’s the same thing every year at this point. Petunia always stayed home when it was time for Lily to head to the train station with her parents. Lily's parents will not be joining her on the platform; rather they’re going to say their goodbyes here at the station before Lily runs through the brick wall. That’s alright with her though because she knows that she can look forward to letters from both of her parents. And there’s the holidays of course!

So no need to worry. Even if it’s there’s going to be some homesickness at first. Lily has nothing to worry about! Nope, not at all! “Alright Lily, do you have everything you need for this school year?” Lily’s mother inquired as they reached the brick wall. A couple of other Hogwarts students were already passing through the wall or getting ready to. “Yes, mum, I do.” Lily said with a small nod of her head. It’s just the classic things parents say when you’re going off to Hogwarts. That’s all. Just heartfelt goodbyes and making sure Lily had everything for school.

After the goodbyes, Lily began to make her way towards the brick wall and she ran through it, officially entering Platform 9 and three-quarters. She's officially here! And there’s the train. She’s right on time.

The platform was, as expected, crowded with parents waving goodbye to their kids, sobbing first years who don’t want to go, friends reuniting, and people trying to weave their way through the crowd to board the train. It’s the same thing every year. And as for Lily, she’s going to be waiting until most of the crowd disperses before she boards the train.

It’s better that way! So that she doesn’t have to weave her way through the big crowd of students waiting to board the train.

James Potter

IMG_0462.gif

September 1st, 1975. It was time for James Potter to begin his fifth year at Hogwarts. The Gryffindor boy was very used to the routine of coming back to school on the Hogwarts Express which left from Platform 9 and 3/4 from King’s Cross Station. James looked up at the sky. It was rather dark and gloomy, and he could feel little droplets of water falling onto his face. Luckily he was mostly covered in his slick Gryffindor robes. James took his luggage with him after his mother sent him off with a small kiss on the forehead and his father sent him off with a good hug. He was off to the train!

He was a little bit late and the train had already arrived, so James had to keep his goodbyes short with his parents. It wasn’t like James wanted to stick around with his parents any longer anyways. It wasn’t that he couldn’t stand his parents- no, quite the opposite. He loved them very much and they spoiled their only son rotten. But James couldn’t wait to see his best friends, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew. Not only was he looking forward to seeing them, but he also hoped to resume his fruitless attempts to court a certain red-haired girl, Lily Evans.

As James left his parents, he looked around the train station for any sign of his fellow Marauder friends or Lily Evans. Luckily, Lily Evans wasn’t hard to spot in a large crowd at all. Her red hair stuck out like a sore thumb. Or a pretty red rose in a field of green grass. That sounded a whole lot nicer than a sore thumb. James’ eyes widened as a grin came across his face as he spotted the red hair of the beautiful Lily Evans. She was incredibly attractive to him and he wanted nothing more for her to be his girlfriend.

Unfortunately for him, Lily didn’t seem to find the prankster and star Quidditch chaser for Gryffindor very attractive back. But James loved a good chase. If she was going to play hard to get, then so be it! James quickly pushed through the crowd of people saying tearful goodbyes to their families and joyful hellos to old friends and made his way over to the red head. He finally reached her and tapped her on the back of her shoulder.

James smiled, putting on a toothy grin.
“Hullo Evans!” he said cheerfully, hoping to charm her. “Looking for someone to sit with on the train?” he asked. “Might I offer myself?” he suggested, still grinning and wiggling his eyebrows. It was worth a shot to ask!

IMG_3546.jpeg
LILY EVANS

There’s enough time before the train leaves! Lily has plenty of time to board the train and find a compartment to settle down in for the long train ride. She’ll just find a compartment with some of her friends to sit with. That’s best, you know. Sitting with friends and people you’re most familiar with! She could probably sit with Mary if she can find her in the crowd of students. Or she can find Mary on the train, whichever happens first.

As she was waiting for a chance to slip through the crowd and get her way to the train, she felt someone tap her on the back. It did startle her at first, though. Oh! It must be Mary! Or another one of her friends! Lily was quick to turn around with a greeting ready to go for whoever was trying to get her attention.

Nope. It’s not Mary. It’s not one of her friends. Not who she was expecting.

It’s him. James Potter. Yikes. James Fleamont Potter is trying to talk to her. But doesn’t he always try to talk to her? It’s just that James was the last person she expected, or rather hoped, to see here.

“James, always a pleasure to see you. Though I certainly would have expected to see you with your friends.” That was sarcasm. James always seemed pretty insistent on talking to Lily or having her attention. Seriously, he’s always trying to talk to her! Kind of annoying, really. Maybe if she ignores him now he’ll lose interest in her and go away.

Apparently not.

James is offering himself up as a train compartment buddy for Lily. Oh no.

Lily sitting in a train compartment with James? On the train? Today? Never! Nope! Not at all! Lily wouldn’t want to sit with someone like James Fleamont Potter! Why would she? He’s an absolute jerk. Why would she want to sit in a train compartment with a jerk? She doesn’t.

Lily’s lips thinned out as she frowned at James, “No thank you, I don’t want to sit with someone who is an absolute jerk to other people.” Lily finally spoke before continuing, “you can go find someone else to sit with because I’m not interested.” She’ll find some of her friends to sit with! Yeah, that’s good. She’s not interested in sitting with James. Nope.

Lily wouldn’t miss attending a new year at Hogwarts but she definitely doesn’t want to spend nine hours in a compartment with James.

James Potter

IMG_0462.gif

Lily certainly hadn’t responded as James had hoped. She did however reply just as he expected her too. Despite her sarcasm and her flat out denying his offer to sit with her for the long train ride, James maintained his stupid little grin, trying not to let Lily break him. James loved a good chase and he was going to continue to pursue Lily, even though she clearly wanted nothing to do with the boy. “Aww you’re no fun Evans,” said James, putting on a fake pouty frown for a brief moment. He didn’t really know where his friends Remus Lupin and Sirius Black had run off too, but honestly he didn’t care right now. He’d found Lily first so she was occupying his thoughts at the moment.

“Sitting with me is fun!” James insisted with a smile. “I’ll tell you what, I’ll even let you in on a few of the pranks the marauders have planned for this year,” he said with a little smirk and a wink. “You can even bring MacDonald along if you don’t wanna be alone with me, although I don’t bite,” he said, extending the offer to let Mary MacDonald sit with them. “And quite frankly I’m appalled!” said James, dramatically pretending to be offended.

“I’m not a jerk!”
he declared. “My attacks and pranks are justified! I usually target prats!” said James, which wasn’t entirely true. Sometimes, James would just hex random students for fun. “People like Snivellus Snape!” he said. “I don’t understand why you hang out with Snivellus when you could be hanging out with me,” he mentioned with a casual shrug.

“So Evans, what do ya say? I’ll ask again! Wanna sit with me? Promise I won’t bring my friends along and you can bring Mary for protection,” offered James with a chuckle, desperately trying to win her over. If he sat with her, in his mind he had nine hours to win over her love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back