˟

Slime Rancher is super cute. And has a nice soundtrack too!

Rhythm thief and the emperors treasure for the Nintendo 3ds, if you can get past the mediocre voice acting, it’s story is amazing, the characters (Villains too) are loveable, and the rhythm mini games are very interesting and challenging. It also has an amazing soundtrack that I really love.

Legend of Mana for the original playstation. enough said

Champions of Norrath (PS2 title). Still one of my favorite RPG games, and the first one that I ever played as a Drow. The end game armor aesthetic for the Shadow Knight is pretty badass. and unlockable difficulty levels made the continued replay worth it.

Also Fantasy Star EP. 1 & 2 for the Gamecube was totes aweseom, along with Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (especially if you could get four ppl together for either one)

I love Phantasy Star ep 1 and 2, but ep 3 though! I still play it ^^ It's a card game, very different from 1&2.

I love Phantasy Star ep 1 and 2, but ep 3 though! I still play it ^^ It's a card game, very different from 1&2.
I never got to part three, and the fact that it was a different kind of game altogether didn't exactly spur me to try.

Also... i don't remember actually seeing it in any store

It was definitely unpopular. Quite a complicated card game which didn't seem to appeal to main game fans.
I still loved it though. It's a bit like Magic the gathering and Yu gi oh CCG lol

It was definitely unpopular. Quite a complicated card game which didn't seem to appeal to main game fans.
I still loved it though. It's a bit like Magic the gathering and Yu gi oh CCG lol
I used to play MtG waaaaaay back in the day. I have cards from as far back as 95', I think. Never played Yugioh.

As far as ep.3, I actually didn't find out there were further episodes until many years later. Only then did it make sense that Episode 1 and 2 were the same game. lol

Now I know Anthem isn't really lesser-known but the recent updates have really improved the game drastically from the initial release, frankly, I enjoy it a lot, I typically play it later in the day when I have nothing left to do

Gundam Battle Operation 2
((If your tired of me and Gundam, move on.))

It is a really awesome take on the franchise of the multiple games that came from Sotsu sunrise's company, I really enjoy the fact that the game is always growing, they are adding new MS (MOBILE SUITS) every month and keep evolving the game, it keeps me interested

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I got down with some Steamboat Chronicles in my heyday on the PS2.

That jankey mech driving/music performance game was lit.

As far as ep.3, I actually didn't find out there were further episodes until many years later. Only then did it make sense that Episode 1 and 2 were the same game. lol
oh yes, I also found out about that much later than when it was a thing. But I gave ep 3 a try and loved it.
Still, can't deny the game was VERY different from main game and the mechanics were very convoluted, so I totally see why the game is lesser known and not appealing to many fans. And probably had much lower sales than the main which was why they never returned to that type of game.

oh yes, I also found out about that much later than when it was a thing. But I gave ep 3 a try and loved it.
Still, can't deny the game was VERY different from main game and the mechanics were very convoluted, so I totally see why the game is lesser known and not appealing to many fans. And probably had much lower sales than the main which was why they never returned to that type of game.
Did you ever play the original on the Sega Genesis? It was pretty alright for its time. Lots of interesting concepts and I really enjoyed all the different characters you could party up with

Unfortunately I haven't. I discovered those games a lot later.

yeah... I'm old. lol
I'm not particularly young either but there was quite a bad availability of consoles and games where I lived and a lot of that culture went past me because I was not aware of it. I only discovered many of those games much later.
Phantasy Star Online, for example (which was released in early 2000s), was a game I had no idea about until... 2014 or so. I played on 'retro console' that I never owned when it was 'new', because I didn't know it existed. I never experienced the 'online' part of it. But I still loved the game despite 'outdated' graphics lol

I'm not particularly young either but there was quite a bad availability of consoles and games where I lived and a lot of that culture went past me because I was not aware of it. I only discovered many of those games much later.
Phantasy Star Online, for example (which was released in early 2000s), was a game I had no idea about until... 2014 or so. I played on 'retro console' that I never owned when it was 'new', because I didn't know it existed. I never experienced the 'online' part of it. But I still loved the game despite 'outdated' graphics lol
I got my Sega Genesis when I was like... I wanna say 8? maybe? And that was it for a looong time before the playstation came out. My cousins had Nintendos and SNES, so I was familiar with those consoles too. My little brother was more of a hardcore gamer than I, but through him I experienced the gamecube and original playstation. I didnt get my own PS2 and Xbox until I was already adulting, out of highschool, and had a job and stuff.

The most recent platform I had was a 3DS. I got it kinda late into its generational lifespan. Only got a couple years out of it before they started promoting the switch and tapering off the games coming out for the 3DS. Eventually the Gamestop near my place stopped carrying anything new for it at all, and I realized it was the end of that era. I misplaced it like a year ago when I was visiting my parents. Haven't bothered to get into any newer stuff because I honestly dont have time to game anymore, anyway. I mean... I could. But then I wouldn't have time to read or write. So... priorities.

Needless to say, most of my input on these gaming discussions tends to be rather dated.

Anyhow, this is getting a bit off topic, so I'll stfu now. lol

Ooh one of my favorite topics!
Rn I'd really recommend E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy!
The gameplay has a steep learning curve and the translation is puzzling at times, but there's a great story and interesting gameplay mechanics underneath it all. I'd definitely recommend looking into mods though, since I played without them and it was hard to understand at times.

Other than that, Pathologic 2 has become more mainstream thankfully! It's such a good game. Though with the themeing of a deadly plague you may want to wait to play it, or play it now since it's so relevant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back