[2E] Where is two-weapon fighting?

cyl said:
And more interestingly...no one ever takes Lightning Torment Hatchets. They are interesting toys' date=' too.[/quote']
Seriously ?

All my players drooled all over the floor when I showed them those babies when 2e got out.

They whined a little at first when they saw the bonuses (+2acc +1def...), but in the end, they rolled dice to see whose character was going to get them. :lol:
My group contains a psych major and two english majors (college maybe?) so we tend to be knit picky on original back stories and "would my character really use this?" so my group gravitates away from anything over three dots. Though we stunt the hell out of combat with gory abandon. Anyone who has read some of my posts knows I'm not one of the english majors. lol.

For us dual weapons is really a style thing, one of our group used a dire chain and a short daiklave just because of the way he fought (of course this was before he knew about the chain daiklave, out GM was cool and let him switch though). Honestly I just use multiple cinematic moves for style and one real move rather then try to deal with penalties.

cyl said:
Flame pieces suck... they're slow, have a ridiculous range for their damage, and you have to reload them. So it means a stunt on every action to reload and shoot single handedly... and it takes 2 actions to do so (reload + shoot)... IIRC.
Admittedly they suck, but I believe that is because they are meant to simulate musket and thus have those weaknesses. If you really want a good gun get an alchemical fire weapon. That's probably why it has no attune cost (out of game reason not in game) so not matter what you play you can have a gun that doesn't break the game.

Gylthinel said:
Greenstalker said:
Gylthinel said:
Reflexively drawing weapons wouldn't be a problem. White-Wolf's rules are predicated on the concept that you'll temper your players with the assiduous application of logic. Pulling out weapons super fast to get a high rate, or swapping between heavy attack and lithe defense weapons, is simple munchkinnery (in most cases). Ergo, the only reason this is a problem is if you play with powergamers who are disinterested in storytelling, and if that's the case, they need to go play DND.
Unfourtunalty there are always exceptions like people who are interested in story who are powergamers (most of my neighbourhood for example) than again it is probably because most of my players are engineers of some sort or professional testers in some companies.
It sounds like they qualify as "...powergamers who are disinterested in storytelling..."

Exalted, no, ALL White-Wolf games will break when bent. Ever play Aberrant? Or Vampire? Or the very recent Scion? The guys that write these games aren't crunchy statisticians out to churn out a miniatures war simulation game (though you might say Exalted is a step in that direction). Seriously, go play DND. Your munchkins will love it.

On a side note, I played with an engineer once, and he was the most laze-faire gamer I've ever played with. I was shocked.
I tried to make them play dnd they hated it because of combat heaviness and not enough story material and they are interested in storytelling alright it is just they can't stop trying to find holes in the system and without testing it on the ground. I give up on making house rules for any system long-time ago because of that since they can easily find holes in them too. Instead I make use of same holes and dice-rolling in the games somewhat get lesser and lesser although everyone has munchkin characters but their opponenets are also munchkin, instead they try to solve things by thinking.

Greenstalker said:
I tried to make them play dnd they hated it because of combat heaviness and not enough story material and they are interested in storytelling alright it is just they can't stop trying to find holes in the system and without testing it on the ground. I give up on making house rules for any system long-time ago because of that since they can easily find holes in them too. Instead I make use of same holes and dice-rolling in the games somewhat get lesser and lesser although everyone has munchkin characters but their opponenets are also munchkin, instead they try to solve things by thinking.
They sound like winners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back