[2E] Question about artifact armors

Wrought iron...we have several cubic meters of a iridescent material, purified from the death throes of Fair Folk nobles suffering final death.

As for orichalcum, we've recently received a shipment of clear crystals, said to be retrieved from the heart of a star. The lattice structure favors the crystals forming in thin sheets of incredible hardness--it is the only substance known to be able to scratch the adamant dome of Yu-Shan.

Samples will be dispatched to your laboratory for experimentation; the iridescent material should be treated as a second-rank biohazard, while the crystals require special handling--its density is approximately 1 kilogram per cubic millimeter.

*Looks to the wrought iron* Have that filth taken from my sight...now...about these crystals. I'll take the shipment, all of it. Along with it's handling equipment, I also take a Essence drawing pearl to get rid of the drawbacks of essence loops. Have it dropped to the Kuei islands, my agents will take it from there.

Here's to another hundred talents, the cost, plus a bit more for your company's coffers. Goodwill of one to another.

During the acquisition of the crystals, the retrievers were...accosted...by certain beings attempting to prevent retrieval. One of the beings has been placed in stasis and sent with the crystal shipment, gratis. May your experiments be as fruitful--if not more so--than ours.

Again, a pleasure conducting business with you, Elder One.

Elder One:

As per our standing agreement, please find enclosed a profile on the activities of one of our fellow collectors of antiquities.

To wit, the collector who never waxes loquacious has decided to display three of her recently acquired pieces within the coming months. Her belief is that the pieces will not improve with more study and restoration, and should be presented to the world immediately...in Yu-Shan.

It is my superior's considered opinion that the collector is impetuous, and risks the critics' ire by offending their Sublime taste with such avant-garde pieces. Be it as it may, other collectors are now tempted into displaying their own pieces more quickly than they had planned--though no others plan on such a daring site.

Soon enough, after I can get this damned warstrider completed and that the proper harmonics are in place. When the time is right and an Eclipse shines with Calibration, I shall reveal my work in the shadows between the Mountain and the City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back