• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

2 Destinies, 1 Charm

Life.

Forever Wandering
Supporter
Roleplay between @Huntrey and me

569e54d9ffb5aed34ded56627872de2d.jpg

Story based off this post.

Credit to whomever had it.

Rules:

All Rpnation rules apply

Fade to black

No gm pp or bunnying

Oh good at least you saw this one, go to the Ooc tab 
Gosh there's so many people.

Zayna's brown eyes swirled around just the main entrance of the school.

"Welcome to Oak Rean High School!"

Zayna jumped back a bit at the sudden exclamation. She clung onto the books in her arms tightly and rose it up to protect herself. Zayna then lowered her books to find a bubbly, beautiful blond girl greeting her. And when Zayna meant bubbly she wasn't kidding, the girl at that moment blew a bubble from the gum she was chewing on.

"You must be the new exchange student, Zayna Tean, yes? My name is Ariana Loptin, the student council president," she introduced herself by sticking her hand out. Zayna glanced down to her hand from her eyes and took hold of the hand expecting a handshake. But rather than a handshake, Ariana yanked her down the hall yelling, "Coming through! New exchange student! Move it!"

Zayna sulked behind Ariana, the last thing she wanted was attention from the whole school.

Once Ariana ran a crash course of the school and the tour of it she finally took Zayna to her first period, 30 minutes late. Great another entrance...well...at least it's math something I'm good at. Zayna was so great at math that she was even put a level ahead of her math. She just continued sighing. But her thoughts were interrupted when she felt her charm on her neck warming up. Wait what? He's here? My one. But...New York?

Confusion took over her but she knew she had to get to class or she would never survive in this school. Taking a deep breath she pulled open the classroom door ready to embrace the new year.

Average day, same place and same face. Yin had already exited his vehicle and completed his morning routine with all of his many "friends". By the time he was done there was no time to relax and the bell confirmed, giving a loud ringing to alert to all students that class was beginning. It was then that Yin felt his breast bone begin to warm, not from any physical exertion, but by his golden charm. The key was something that, while he apposed it, he always wore for the far fetched prospect of finding his true love.

Upon further inspection it seemed to burn with a violence, and almost on cue Ariana walked by with a new exchange student. He didn't see the girl, but was apart of the torrent of people Ariana tore through. "Watch it Ariana!" He yelled to no avail. And within minutes the burning and the thought was out of his mind. It was math, something that seemed to strive to destroy his grades, and his mind was tuned into the lesson. The girls behind him were penetrating his skull with their perplexed eyes at the "hunk" of the school, but Yin paid no mind.

It was the second time when his necklace started to burn that his eyes moved off from the screen to the door, grazing over the silhouetted figure stepping into the dark classroom. (@LifeNovel)

One step into the classroom and she was already greeted with glaring eyes. Great...I start off with a strict teacher...whoop...dee...do.

Zayna tentatively took another step in. "And you must be?" the teacher rasped. Zayna pulled out a slip from her pocket and walked over to the teacher. "I'm Zayna Tean. The exchange student," Zayna answered even though the teacher was already examining her schedule confirming her enrollment.

His bored eyes looked up to her and he grumbled, "You can have the seat right there." His finger pointed to one desk on the far corner of the room. Zayna looked over to see it was by a window. She gave a small smile at that but most of her focus was on her scorching necklace. As she grabbed her schedule back from the teacher and made her way over to her desk, she examined all the potential guys in the room. There were so many. Majority of the class was guys. She sighed.

Once she reached her desk she felt the necklace cool down a bit. So he must be on the other side of the room. Zayna decided to concentrate on that later. But her mind wasn't focused on the lessons luckily it was a review from the previous year. She decided to doodle in her notebook drawing abstract things and flowers. Her eyes kept glancing up ever so often wondering if someone kept looking at her, maybe the one?

Yin watched the girl tentatively hold her self against all the glares, not giving one foul look, but instead smiling. Course it was probably a nervous smile just to give some sort of greeting, but it did not reach out to many in the crowd. She had a slim figure, but besides that his eyes couldn't make out from the dimly lit room. The light from the hall had dissipated from her closing the door, so the majority of the class was plunged into darkness. A few slivers of light bounced off of Yin's figure from the slits in the curtains, but beyond this no one could see him. Yin followed her body until she fell into the back corner, taking a seat where his face could not see unless he turned around.

Many of the guys on her side were snickering at the prospect of an exchange student, hoping for some exotic girl who would do 'anything' to learn American culture. The word made it toward him, but the hopeless thought didn't fill him, for he was still wondering about the now fading fire on his chest. Don't get your hopes up. The class only had a little time left in it and Yin wanted to spend it jotting down notes on his weakest subject. (@LifeNovel )

The end of first period bell rang. Zayna referred back to her schedule. Mmm social studies this should be interesting. Zayna gathered her things rushing since she knew she would be lost in the gigantic school. No sooner had she taken a step out the door was her hand grabbed by Ariana. "Sooooooooo how was your first period? Did you see any cute boys? Was the teacher nice? Liking the school so far?" Ariana continued blabbering questions as she grabbed Zayna's schedule and led her to her next classroom.

On the way there Zayna sought for the one. She held onto the charm and looked around hoping to feel the charm heaven up but she felt it getting colder. Zayna wanted to turn around but she knew that she had to get to her next class she couldn't afford being late to another.

"Thanks Ariana," was all Zayna said to her as soon as she reached her classroom. "No problem! And guess what? We're in the same class! Yeah!" Ariana clapped. Zayna just gave a weak, "Yeah."

Yin waited in his seat, watching all of the people pass through the exit, trying to find someone of any resemblance to his soul mate. Course this only led to him seeing no one of particular interest, the exchange student lost to his eyes. After a minute or so he stood, feeling the charm begin to cool with every passing moment. It saddened him, but who was he to begin to have faith in such a faulty thing. The charm had done nothing, but leave him barren for so many years. With that in mind he departed, heading down the hall to his swim class. (@LifeNovel )

Zayna was once again next to a window seat. She didn't mind since she would rather be outdoors than in class. Although she should listen, her mind wandered from the teacher's lecture. She was grasping her charm and began doodling in her notebook. Her concentration faltered when Ariana poked her. Zayna looked up from her work of a butterfly. Ariana slid a note over to her. Better pay attention. Mr. Dread is tough in grading. Zayna sighed. She then moved her head up to pay attention to Mr. Wread, his actual name. Zayna's eyes tried to focus but was soon wandering to the ticking clock. Gosh...who knew time could go so slow.

Zayna sighed and frowned as she began taking notes, even though she began to doodle once more. This time she drew a rose. One that was blue rather than red. She then drew blue eyes. Very blue with gorgeous eyelashes. Zayna blinked amazed at how realistic the eyes look. "Wow...you're a real artist," Ariana whispered. She was looking at Zayna's doodles. "Oh it's nothing," Zayna said. She closed her notebook shut glad that 2nd period was soon ending.

Yin kept his slow pace all the way down the hallway, his mind pondering too much to focus on walking. His endless stream of friends and admirers attempted to captivate his attention, but faltered constantly. The charm faded in warmth as he made it outside of the building, rounding it in order to make it to the off campus pool. Yin found himself alone, walking the sidewalks, and wishing for any sort of connection. It was then that he felt a growing rise in temperature on his chest, stopping him in place to look for its source. He kept walking until the charm was red hot, matching the passion within his eyes as he searched.

When Yin finally glanced up to a window something clicked in his mind, even through the glare he saw a figure. It was all he could see, a slim figured bent over in a flurry of writing. She was hidden to him, leading his own hope to cool for being able to say anything was impossible. After a few moments he walked on, a little discouraged that the charm had failed again. Swim class was intimidating, but with his mind elsewhere it was almost over soon enough.

Zayna was head bent over notes when she felt the charm once again burning on her neck. She responded by glancing around the room. I've been sitting around the same group of people. He can't be in here. But... Her eyes peered through the blinds of the window. She looked around but saw a few people walking by. Her eyes landed though on a tall figure. His back to her. She had her hopes up but then she felt the charm cooling way before she spotted him. Guess he's not the one. Her eyes drooped down to her paper.

The second bell rang. Zayna once again pulled out her schedule to check her next classroom. Home economics. I've always wanted to learn how to cook. Ariana grabbed her schedule once more. "Homec, eh? Not a bad class. I hear they bake cakes," she noted. Zayna said, "You know where the class is?" Ariana nodded. "It's actually that class with a kitchen in it. It also has a couch," Ariana added. "Oh I think I know where that is. You don't have to guide me there, Ariana," Zayna said. "Oh don't worry about me! Since I'm student council president I have excuse to help a fellow new student," Ariana explained. "Yeah..." Zayna murmured. "C'mon then!" Ariana yelled as she grasped Zayna's hand and once again dragged her to her next class.

When the bell sounded Yin was in the changing room, showering to get the stink of chlorine off of him. His head dripped with water as he turned off the warm flow, letting his hair dip over his face in an attempt to dry. Being late was routine for the swimmer, for he always had a pass, but now he actually had a good reason. Was that her? I mean really, could this be true? It was something he doubted so long and yet he now being sucked into the appeal of having someone to love. Even if it is her... which me would she love? Stop! There is no one, this is just a joke. His mind had yet again pushed away the option of having someone that actually loved him for him.

Yin was walking down the empty hallways, his jeans sticking to his damp body and his tee practically see through. It was something to get used to, but after some time the wet clothes felt like home. Course the charm had a new warmth to it that contradicted the dampness and his mind. Yin's next class was Creative Writing, something he excelled at. When he came in Yin immediately began working on the assignment: Write about someone. The topic was generic, but for his mind it was a perfect match.

Zayna actually paid more attention in Homec rather than all her other two periods so far. But part of her mind was still toggling with her charm. I've doubted myself so many times. I am liked be a lot of people but I never really have fully accepted one person, except family. This is just probably me wanting some thread of hope. She began doodling during a video of the class. Zayna wasn't mentally thinking about the drawing but then she actually looked at the drawing. It was a detailed pencil. It was a green pencil with cherries on it. Zayna blinked a few times confused. She decided the dismiss the drawing and turned her attention back to the class.

Someone... Such a broad topic. Just as people are in general. Today my charm was warm, a feeling that surprised my body and mind. Not because I didn't think it would happen, but I didn't know who they are. Will they be preppy, one of my admirers who drool over a fake me. Maybe they will be self centered, and won't recognize the sign. But what if they do care for me, what if they give me a chance? That is what the topic brings me to. I don't wonder about anybody else any more, but today that changed, for better or for worse.

Yin set down his pencil, not bothering to review the paper that had practically written itself. The class was easy for him, but he found himself being called out by the teacher for not paying attention. It was true, for his eyes were glued to a small drawing he was making to accompany the paragraph. He wasn't one to doodle, but the picture was very detailed. When he finally looked up from it the drawing had manifested into a key. With further inspection it looked like his own, but there were subtle differences he couldn't quite pick out.

Third period bell rang. Zayna tentatively stepped out peering around the doorway expecting for the bubbly Ariana to pop out of nowhere. For a moment Zayna believed she was free until she heard, "Zaynaaaaaaa!" Zayna sighed and turned around giving a smile, "Hey Ariana. Seeing me to my next class?" Ariana nodded and snatched her schedule. "Mmmm physics. Oooooh I wish you luck," Ariana soberly said. Zayna nodded. "Alright this way!" Ariana exclaimed grabbing her hand once more and dragged her through the halls. Zayna decided to go along and actually ran with her. She decided to actually look around since Ariana led her.

Zayna wanted to be focused on the aesthetics of the school but instead was focusing on her charm and the students around her.

((Oh shiz, I literally thought I was waiting for you >.<))

Yin escaped Creative Writing with less ease then usual, the teacher reeling him back in to converse about his topic before he could slip away. It's not like it was a touchy subject, but delving into his feelings with another human being seemed to out of character for his cool kid. So he nonchalantly left, turning the corner only to nearly be run over by Ariana and her friend. "Ariana! Watch it!" He tried to keep his face mad, but after a few moments seeing her run along he smiled, giving a small wave to the pair before turning the other way. Yin's next class was an office aid, a complete blow off as it was, but he enjoyed it anyway. It was peaceful in the office, and with those there who wanted to talk he could actually share an intelligent conversation with. With a new smile on his face he entered the office, greeting the secretaries before taking a seat and awaiting some sort of odd job.

At the last moment Zayna finally heard him. But odds words greeted her, "Watch it!" Zayna's eyes flitted over to the person. She only caught a glimpse and was almost sure that she felt the charm basically searing her skin at this point. Zayna watched helplessly a try crowd ate him up.

Black hair...white skin...and green eyes I believe...no blue...no green

Her mind was distracted. Was he the one?

Her fingers traced her charm wondering of such fate. She felt a bit sad when they stopped in front of a classroom. "Well...here's your physics class. I'm not taking physics luckily soooo bye," Ariana wished her luck. Zayna just gave a weak wave before she entered the classroom already knowing she won't be paying attention.

Yin didn't heed his charm, too flustered from almost being hit by two steaming girls, but by the time he reached the office it was too late. After a few minutes within the boring entrance of the school, a secretary called him over. It was a small job to deliver a letter or message, but today he was being handed a whole box. It was welcoming package to a new student, obvious to see from its contents. A tee, hoodie, and hat all painted with school logos, not to mention the schedule of all the games for every sports team. Probably some kid who will put this stuff on immediately, yay school pride! He vomited in his thoughts before heading off to a physics class, all the while his charm warming with every step.

Zayna's eyes were trained on her paper in front of her. But she had not written down anything. Her eyes were focused on a pair of eyes that she redrew once more. She wanted to dream about her guy but her charm kept faltering her thoughts.

What? It can't be he's not in here...

Her eyes once again wandered around the classroom. Most of the students were guys. She placed her head on her hand that had its elbow resting on the table. She sighed and kept trying to think straight and try to concentrate on at least something but it came to the point where the charm was actually bothering her.

Zayna grabbed the charm debating whether to take it off or not all the while glancing up to see if perhaps anyone else was being bothered by their charms.

It was a short walk, and by the time Yin got there he had noticed his charm. It was becoming bothersome, the warmness had bothered him all day now and it seemed a picture perfect meeting just wasn't happening. When he knocked on the door he was met with a couple seconds to himself, in which he placed the charm on the outside of his shirt to burn it instead of his skin. It was a relief and when he met the door he had a smile from the new found comfort. "I have a package for a Miss Zay-na, hope I didn't pronounce that wrong." The class gave a soft chuckle as the senior waited at the front, giving a few waves to those he knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back