• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 1x1 Wyosch & NexNight

Wyosch

The Demonic Wolf
"Modern-day New York
Muse A is an ordinary guy living his normal life, or so he thought. One day he starts developing weird signs and changes that freak him out. He goes to his mother (or father, well or any family member he's close to really) and confides about his odd physical changes. He finds out he isn't human and is finally ascending into his true powers and second form.
After the shock of finding out about his true heritage his family sends him to live with the head of one of the clans that live on the outskirts of the city (Muse B) to learn about their kind and how to control his newfound urges and changes. The clan isn't all too happy about the newcomers since he is from a family that isn't part of their clan but since his father is a powerful shifter they accept a truce and take Muse A in.
Soon the semi-peaceful life (they are shifters with heightened emotions and senses so there are fights and drama) is threatened as a new enemy approaches the town in order to rid the city of its shifters and take their place."

Name: Jesco 'Jex' Drakon
Height: 6'1''
Built: slender, well-trained
Eyes: sky blue
Hair: black
Marks: black marks all over his body
Appearance:
17dd144d3d8148f10656443153933601--shadowhunters-tv-show-cast-shadowhunters-malec.jpg

Image of Shift:
latest

Last edited:
Name: Angel Blackwell
Height: 5'9
Built: Slender, petite
Eyes: Blue/gray
Hair: Blond
Marks: A small black symbol on the back of his right wrist (the symbol of his kind that will appear after his first shift but so far only shows itself when its symptoms appear)
Appearance:
da6013298ee63a4e0d4e39893ed12782--hair-undercut-blonde-long-hair.jpg

Dragon form:
Great_Demon_Lord.jpg

Jesco Drakon was a well-known member of one of the clans that lived on the outskirts of the city, minding his own business and preferring to avoid any social interaction unless absolutely necessary. His father, head of the clan, always tried to get his son out of his shell by making him execute orders that needed social interaction, but Jesco was somehow always able to just slip by that tiny bit of talking that he had to do. He was a loner, someone who spent most of their days in the forest hunting or practicing, mostly trying to avoid the tasks his father had put onto him.
Nobody really knew a lot about him. Son of the clan's leader. A loner. Extremely good with bow and arrows. Martial arts was a specialty of him too.
And that was it.
The entire clan knew about the Drakon's family's tragic loss of Miya, Jesco's mother and wife of the clan's leader, Nerik, though that was a topic nobody dared to talk about.
About a dozen years ago there had been a huge wildfire, and Miya being a forest dragon, she went into the flames to save some more animals.
She however never returned.
This left the clan's leader heartbroken, and left huge scars on both Nerik and Jesco. Losing their soulmate was the worst thing that could happen to anyone, and Nerik forbade anyone to talk about his deceased wife, just to spare himself the pain of being reminded of her.
Most believed that Jesco hardly cared about his mother's death, just returning to life as if nothing had happened - but for the then 15-year-old, his entire world had broken down. Jex had always been closer to his mother, partly because she spared him of the pressure his father was putting on him. She wanted him to be a child, not having to worry about the clan or becoming the clan's leader, but his father had always thought differently about that. Jesco drastically turned into an introvert, which was quite rare for the shifters who usually loved having company, and kept pulling himself back further and further until he hardly talked to anyone anymore.

It was a sunny afternoon, and like every Sunday, the clan was having a huge feast, inviting over other clans from all around the city to stop by as well. This needed a lot of preparation, making sure everything would be ready for when the guests would arrive in the evening.
And, as always - the entire clan helped as much as they could, doing more than what was asked from them, when Jesco was nowhere to be seen.
"Where is he?", Nerik grumpily asked, the almost 6'5'' tall man towering over the guard whom he had given orders to watch over his son.
"I- I don't know, Sir."
With a swift hand movement the leader called the guard off, turning around with a long sigh, shaking his head with a disappointed expression on his face.
"That boy is never here. He should be learning to take care of our people, not run off whenever he thinks possible."
"Ah, don't be too hard on him, Nerik.", an elderly man replied, flashing a soft smile at the leader before sitting down on the chair that was actually Nerik's, using his walking stick to poke the big boss' stomach.
The old man was Tiran, the clan's oldest and wisest member, and Nerik's advisor. Most saw him as the second in command, helping others out whenever the Chief was too busy with other tasks. He was also known as 'the grandpa' here, just because he was so sweet to everyone, especially the clan's youngest members.
"He's 27 now, my old friend. He should be enjoying the party, helping out. Listening to my orders.", the leader mumbled, crossing his arms as he leaned against the chair the old man was sitting in.
"He reminds me a lot of you, Nerik. You never listened to your parents well either."
"I raised him to listen to me. He should be doing his best, learning what a chief does, not playing hide and seek in the forest."
The old man let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head with a soft smile on his face.
"Oh dear Nerik, your son is doing the best he can. Just give him a chance. He's not like you."

Jesco was soaring through the air, making his way through the trees with fast wing movements, letting out some yells of joy as he raced past some birds. He loved flying, and even though his father had forbidden him to fly high up in the sky, he still had fun making his way past trees and rocks as quickly as possible.
After some time of not really doing anything, the young man landed on a rock next to the beautiful, yet small lake. There were trees all around, shedding their leaves and flowers into the water, making the scenery look straight out of a fantasy movie.
Jex shifted human, stretching his arms and neck before jumping off of the giant rock, making his way over to the biggest tree that was growing tall right next to the jade-greenish lake, instead of leaves pretty light green and blue flowers on its branches.
He put his hand against the stem, letting out a devastated sigh before sliding down the trunk onto the floor.
"Hey mom.", he whispered silently, grabbing his bow from behind his back and gently starting to run his fingers over the soft wood.
He had planted this tree in honor of his mother, knowing how much she loved nature and flowers. He took care of the tree more than his father took care of the clan, but if he were ever to say that he'd be kicked.
"Dad's driving me insane. 'Do this', 'Do that'. What if I don't want to do all this? I don't want to be the clan's leader, that's just nothing for me.", he leaned his head back, looking up at the beautiful flower right above his head.
"I've been thinking of leaving. Trying to live in the city. But then again... we're outcasts, misunderstood just because we're different. I could try to join another clan? Though I doubt they'd like having me there. You know how 'popular' dad is around the other clans. They come to the feasts, free food... but they don't really like him. He's grown so cold since your death... I'm trailing off. I was thinking about just becoming a loner. After all that's what I'm pretty much doing already. But then again... being out here on my own at night isn't the best idea either. What do you think I should do hm?"
Jesco just listened to the birds chirping, a soft smirk appearing on his face as he closed his eyes.
"Yeah, I guess you're right mom. I should just stay."

He was used to it. His two brothers and his parents had occasional family trips without him and when he was younger he complained about it all the time. He soon realized that those trips for some reason meant a lot to them and he stopped complaining when he saw how hard it was on them to leave him behind.
But this time when they left it was exactly when he needed them the most and they didn't even know it, hell even he didn't know until they already left for their trip. He wanted to tell them about the weird things that were starting to happen to him as soon as he had turned twenty-four but he thought he was going crazy and didn't want them committing him into a mental institution.

Now he was starting to suspect it wasn't all just in his head. For one a customer saw his eyes change a day ago and while he would have thought the man was insane he had gone to the men's room and saw it for himself. Something was wrong, something was very wrong and it was driving him closer and closer to a panic attack as he couldn't confide about it to anyone.

He was pacing and going with his hands through his hair as he stood in his apartment. He didn't have much time left until he would have to go to his job in the cafe, he was worried that something else odd would happen. His heart was beating a bit faster than usual and his hands were shaking. He sighed when he realized there was no use in putting his life on hold just because some odd things were happening to him. "okay maybe if I calm myself down? Maybe the weird things won't happen if I'm calm?" he asked himself with some hope returning to his voice and decided it was worth a try.

He decided to walk to work since that way he would have time to calm down as well as think of what he could do or rather how he would bring up the incidents to his family once they would return. He grabbed his coat and locked the apartment before he made his way down the busy city streets to the small cafe he was working at.
It was just the time of day that there weren't many customers so he had some time to change into his work outfit and not have to worry about having to hurry.

His boss was smiling behind the counter as he walked up to her "well, well look who came to work early. Did you miss us so much you couldn't wait to be back" she joked and smiled at Angel making him chuckle. Maybe going to work was a good idea, his boss was a good woman always ready to joke around and give compliments to others as well as gave people cute nicknames like honey, cutie, sweety and so on. She would surely be a good distraction from his problems. "Anyway sugar I'm sorry to put this on you but could you mind the cafe for just a few minutes? I would have to jump to the pharmacy real quick" she asked and he nodded "don't worry I will do my best" he said and smiled so she wouldn't have to worry.

For a while everything went fine, the customers were friendly and the work distracted him from his troubles enough so he hadn't even thought about his odd symptoms showing up lately. But then after a couple of hours a very testy customer came in and kept insulting and being plain nasty towards Angel and he lost his temper for just a second, but that was all it took for another freaky thing to happen. The customer went white and he just knew something was off. Angel stormed off to the men's room and looked into the mirror.

He started breathing fast as his heartbeat erratically in his chest and his palms felt cold and sweaty. "w-what? H-how? This cant be happening" he muttered and stared into the mirror as all color left his face. His eyes had turned an unnatural red that looked like his eyes were made of fire and they were slit like a reptile's. He was so scared he was shaking. Deciding it wasn't smart to just stand there in the open where anyone could walk in on him he entered a stall and locked it. As he sat down and started taking deep breaths he noticed the same mark on his right inside of his wrist and how his fingernails started turning black and grew longer. He was growing long black claws!

what his eyes looked like)
evil-eye-eyes-14801232-600-424.jpg

Last edited:
After quite a long while, Jesco decided to get back to the clan to at least try and help a little bit. As long as nobody would talk to him, or his father see him, everything would just be fine.
He was thinking that maybe he could have a little fun. Hide stuff from the others to watch them look for it for eternities. That's what he'd always done as a child.
Yeah, Jex had always been quite of a troublemaker, and his father had often told him to stay away. Though now that he was staying away, his father wished he'd be there more often.
That old man had to make up his mind and stop commanding Jesco around, else he'd stay gone for longer than a few hours.
With a soft sigh, Jex got up from the floor, said goodbye to the tree and started making his way back while whistling a melody to himself.

"Nerik?", Tiran mumbled after a while, his eyes gaining a strange white color for a second as he looked up at the Chief, who was staring in disbelief at the elderly man.
"Birth of a new shifter?", the leader asked, raising his eyebrows. It was rare, extremely rare for shifters to be born outside of clans - but it did happen occasionally. And when it did, Tiran was the one to know.
"No, not a birth. Growing into."
By now Nerik was absolutely perplexed. What the wisest had just said couldn't be true. It was... the rarest to happen among shifters.
"Are you sure?", he asked, Tiran nodding.
"A young man. Gaining his powers. It won't be too long until we will hear from him."

((my next reply will be longer, sorry if this one is kinda short!!))

Angel had been in the men's room for so long his boss started to worry and came in to check on him. He didn't have the claws anymore but he had no way to know about his eyes "honey are you feeling all right? Maybe you need to go home and rest" his boss said and he sighed "yeah I probably should go home.I'm really not feeling well" he said and looked at his hands which were still shaking but at least now looked normal, the mark had also disappeared.

He risked stepping out of the stall and his boss looked at him with pity "oh sugar you look like crap, pardon my bad language. Go on and go home okay? Go rest and get better" she said and started pushing him out of the men's room. While he passed the mirror he looked at his reflection and sighed with relief that his eyes looked normal again. "Yeah I really should go home" he said as he went to change his clothes. He needed to call his father and ask him when they would return home so they could talk.

When he finally arrived home he called his father and at first he didn't pick up but then Angel called again and his father answered his phone "yes hello son. Is something wrong?" he asked in a worried voice and Angel sighed "dad something is going on. I really need to talk to you when you get home okay? So please call me as soon as you get home so I can come over. Something weird is happening" he said and looked at his now normal hands. Would his parents even believe him if he told them what was going on? But then again if this was genetic then his parents would have to know what was going on or maybe even have the same problem.

"Okay son calm down. We will be home by tomorrow morning so you can come over for breakfast and we can talk okay" said his father and he sighed in relief. He would manage to wait until morning and it gave him enough time to think of how to tell his parents about his...problem.

Angel was staring at his parents in mild disbelief but what he felt most was shock. They just told him he was turning into a dragon! They told him that they thought he wasn't going to shift because usually, every shifter changed around their twenty-first birthday and when he showed no signs of the change they just kept him in the dark about their family.

He sat down and looked at his father "so you all went through this as well? I mean do you guys suddenly get red eyes and black claws as well or are...okay I can't believe I'm asking this but are all dragons the same?" he asked since he really couldn't deny the facts. He had seen the signs and changes but it didn't mean he wasn't still shocked or that he was okay with it. It still seemed like he was dreaming but he knew better. "No son. there are many different types. But you will learn all about it soon. I will arrange for you to go stay with a clan for a while so you can learn everything you need to and so you will have more experienced shifters helping you through your first change." he said and Angel wanted to protest but then he decided not to since his father seemed tired and worried as it was not to mention it would probably be useless anyway.

His family had been really shocked that he was changing, it seemed he was a really late 'bloomer' "why send me away? cant you guys teach me?" he asked as he was getting worried. He was nervous at the fact that he would be living with total strangers who were apparently all dragon shifters "our family always had the tradition to send someone that is about to change to live with the closest clan. That way you will learn from the best but also get a choice if you want to join the clan or if you prefer to stay out of the clan system" his father said and Angel sighed. He knew better then to argue with his father, the man always won any argument and was so stubborn that even if Angel complained there would be no use. He sat there thinking and trying to let it all sink in while his father left the room to make the necessary phone calls to arrange everything that was needed.

just a few days later he was at home packing a small suitcase while his father patiently waited for him in the living room so he could give him the directions he needed to get to the place the clan was located. He blew a stray strand of hair out of his face before he grabbed his suitcase and walked out of his room. His boss had been really understanding when Angel said he had to quit the job because he was leaving the city for personal reasons and didn't know when he would be back. She even said if he would return he always had a job there in the cafe if he wanted to. It only made him leaving harder. But it couldn't be helped, his symptoms -he refused to call the small shifts- were more and more frequent and he couldn't pretend it was all just a dream anymore. After getting the directions and hugs from his family they said goodbye to each other and Angel went to his car to drive to the place his father had told him to go. He was nervous enough for his hands to shake but he still drove carefully and made sure he wouldn't get lost trying to find the place.

((I hope its okay, if you want me to change anything let me know))

Edit:
As he arrived in the small village like town he couldn't help but think that it was beautiful and kind of secluded considering where it was located. He followed his father's directions right to a big house where he was supposed to meet the clan head or whatever his father had called their leader again. Angel still couldn't get used to the fact that he wasn't human let alone everything else, oh he was believing it, there was no way around the truth but he was in no way used to it. He parked his car and walked up to the door where he rang the doorbell and patiently waited.

Last edited:
((I added a small paragraph so he finally got to the clan :) also I hope its okay but I will write shorter posts from now on since there will be interactions and so on. But I usually write a minimum of two paragraphs so it won't be shorter than that))

((your reply is fine! :) and don't worry about your posts getting shorter, mine tend to shorten too when there's a lot of interaction going on))

The entire clan had been nervously waiting for this particular day.
A new member would join their clan.

A couple of days ago, Jesco's father got a call from an old friend of his, saying that his son was showing signs and needed help learning to control his new powers.
And although the clan hadn't been all too happy about that city-boy joining, they had all grown curious on getting to know him.

"I'm getting it.", Jesco mumbled to his father as the doorbell rang, the Chief immediately jumping up to his feet to check in the mirror if he looked alright.
Jex hadn't seen his father this nervous in ages.

The young man made his way to the door, sighing annoyedly at the fact that his father had insisted on him being at home when the newbie would arrive.
As if he didn't have better things to do than meet some snob from the city.

"H-", Jesco silenced as he opened the door, his eyes meeting the ones of a beautiful, young man that looked like an angel ((see what I did there? ;P)), completely lost in thoughts for a second.
Jex didn't know why he felt this weird. As if there was an energy trying to pull him towards the other man.

"Eh- welcome to the East Clan. I'm Jesco Drakon, Nerik Drakon, our clan leader and chief's son. Come on in."

((hehe the looked like an angel had me chuckling xD))

Angel was nervous and as the door opened he saw a man that made it hard for him to keep his jaw from dropping open. The man was really attractive and damn good looking, it almost made Angel forget about the reason he had been sent there in the first place, but only almost. He snapped out of it and realized there was some odd feeling trying to fight its way to get Angel's attention but he refused to be a slave to his weird new emotions and cravings that had started to surface lately and 'pushed' it bach into the background of his thoughts.

He had no idea his eyes had turned into his dragon eyes as he stared at the other man. He blushed when he realized what he had been doing and cleared his throat "Oh..ahh...Right! I am Angel Blackwell. My father sent me here...but...I guess you know that already" he mumbled the last part and cursed himself for being so nervous. He then stepped in and looked around. It was a really nice and welcoming place that made it feel warm and homey so at least that helped Angel's nerves a little. He had expected it to look more like a hunters cabin would look like on the inside. He was happy that that wasn't the case. "It's nice meeting you" he said with a nervous smile as he turned to look back at the two men. He was so nervous he wouldnt be surprised if his small shiftes would start happening again.

Last edited:
((I'm sorry for only replying now, I'm really busy right now with school and doctor appointments :/))

While Jesco just stood next to his father with a perfect poker face expression on his face, the Chief nervously stretched out his hand to the young man, a soft smile on his face.
"Angel Blackwell, it's so nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about your family, and was actually asking myself when I'd get the call telling me you had started showing signs. When I still didn't get the call after your 22nd birthday, I thought you weren't a shifter. Apparently you are!"

Jesco listened to his father ramble with an eyebrow raised. He still didn't really understand why he was so nervous about this Angel joining the clan, but from his father's words it looked like he knew the city boy's family.

"Oh I haven't even introduced myself! I'm Nerik Drakon, the clan's leader - or chief, whatever you prefer to say - and this young man is my son, Jesco.", Nerik explained, swatting his son's shoulder with his own to make Jesco welcome the guest.
"Yeah... hi."

(no problem :) don't worry. I get that things can get busy sometimes. I will reply after dinner. Also I hope your okay since you mentioned doctors appointments, if you ever need more time to reply just let know and everything fine)

Angel's nervousness went down a notch when he saw that the clan leader wasn't as strict and even seemed a little nervous himself. He smiled while shaking the man's hand "thank you for taking me in on such short notice. I really didn't know about any of this before it started happening and to be honest I am still a bit shocked." he said and put a stray strand of hair behind his ear. He was getting a bit nervous again since he didn't know how he was supposed to behave in the presence of a clan leader.

As he became nervous again he spotted the mark on his arm right before jet black obsidian-like scales formed on his forearms. His father had already told him there were many types of dragons and apparently, Angel was a rare type called a shadow dragon so his dragon form would be a very dark black but he still wasn't used to how much of a contrast it was to his usual bright looks, not to mention that the turning-into-a-dragon part had him freaking out on the inside. "Oh no, not again. I am sorry but I really don't know how to control this. It just happens whenever it wants to and I can't seem to figure out how to stop it" he said and blushed as he stood there with scales on his forearms.

Both Jesco and Nerik stared at the boy's arms with big eyes, Jex letting out a silent 'ooohh' before the clan leader carefully stepped a little forward to take a look at Angel's scales.
"Black.", he mumbled silently, a thoughtful expression appearing on his face.

There weren't many black dragons. Dark dragons as they were called here.
They were extremely rare, and could be quite dangerous if one couldn't handle the power of one.

After a while of silence, the chief smiled softly at the young man, giving him a handshake before he started walking off to a room that looked a lot like a library.
"Jesco, you're responsible for our guest. Make sure he feels at home and take care of him and his needs."
Before Jesco could even say something, his father had already shut the door, leaving the two young men alone.

"So... Angel? Yeah, eh just follow me. I'll bring you to your cabin.", he explained, his voice quite silent and shaky.
His father knew how much Jesco despised social interaction. And now he was forced to talk. Great.

Angel was nervous again since he didn't miss the reaction to his scales but smiled anyway. He followed Jesco, at first he was silent and didn't say anything but when he started feeling like the silence was a bit awkward he sighed.

"I'm sorry for imposing on your family...clan like this. I am still not used to all of this" he said and looked around at where they were walking to distract himself a bit. All he really wanted was to learn how to control his changes soon since he wouldn't be able to go anywhere as long as he didn't have that under control.

His life had changed so much in such a short time he was still trying to deal with it. "Are people in your clan born into it or do they join later like I did. Not that I joined or anything, you know what I mean" he said nervously and cursed himself for being so awkward. Usually he wasn't anything like that, he could always talk to people with a smile on his face and confidence but ever since he started changing he was feeling like he was on a float that could sink if he wasn't careful. He knew he would be his old self again once he gained some control over his situation. It would just take a little while.

Jesco had hoped that the newcomer wouldn't talk much, but apparently he did, and Jex couldn't just ignore him like he usually ignored people talking to him.
"Why are you apologizing for seeking help? Better come to us and learn how to control yourself than lose control and hurt others, no?"
He wasn't sure if Angel had even meant it the way Jesco had interpreted it, but honestly he just didn't want to explain how he could care less about who joined and who left the clan.

As Angel asked if people were mostly born into or if they joined the clan, Jesco frowned thoughtfully for a moment.
"I'm not really sure, actually. Most are born into the clan. Newcomers like you usually tend to leave back into the city once they've learned how to control their powers. Guess they just don't want to give up their luxurious life in the city. No offense."

Jesco lead Angel all the way over to a pretty cabin, a flower garden just next to it, and not far away from Jesco's cabin.
"This is where you'll be staying. You don't have to take care of all of those flowers there, we got our nature dragons that'd love to do that.", he explained, pointing at the little hut. "It looks smaller than it actually is. It's warm and cozy inside, good enough for us, but it probably won't be able to compare to your city-house or apartment. Wanna check it out?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back