• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 1x1 [WORLDBUILDING SHOWCASE EXCHANGE PROGRAM]

hel sucks

𝕞𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕖 ! 𝕡𝕣𝕒𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕖 !
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

hi!

• are you one of those people who spend hours and hours of their life on worldbuilding?
  • are your fictional settings excruciatingly fleshed out ? do you spend hours slaving over the diachrony of your conlang's sound changes? do you have volumes and volumes of writeups about your fictional culture's extremely cool and specific customs?
  • do you feel like all that stuff goes to waste languishing in your 5GB google drive folder, unseen by the human eye?
  • do you ever wish you could just show someone all the nitty gritty details you've painstakingly put into your world? someone who would get how much work it was? someone who would really appreciate it?

me too! why don't we help each other out?

(or if you don't then scroll all the way to the bottom where you will find a link to my more general 1x1 search thread and maybe that can be fun as well)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

here's what i propose: i'm looking for a co-writer to play 2 separate rp stories at the same time. you play a character in my setting – i play a character in your setting!

the basic premise is that we are going around in each other's worlds, trying to get as much information about it as we can, so that both of us can showcase all of our excruciatingly detailed worldbuilding. the plot can be anything! but i find that for this purpose, the best angle is for the player character to be either A) isekai'd to another world, and in desperate need to figure shit out or B) a field researcher or journalist specifically trying to compile all this information on purpose.

the specific focus of what we're looking into will depend on you. do you love speculative biology? we can play around with your character in the wilderness having to deal with alien or fantasy wildlife. are you into constructed languages? let's have dialogue written entirely in conlang and leave each other to fieldwork the meaning out little by little! is true crime your thing? maybe your character is going undercover to unveil the inner workings of the local drug trafficking racket! whatever finds your lost remote, my settings are so stupidly detailed that you'll have stuff to do even if your special interest is telecom companies.

of course, plenty of room to build a plot on top of that. just because the player character is a field researcher doesn't mean they can't have adventures or relationships lol. i'm playing one other story in this style and it is actually SO fun, and the character relationships are a huge part of it despite the focus on the setting.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

obligatory about me + requirements: my name is hel, i'm 22 so please be 18+. i write third person present tense but can match to past tense if needed. no writing length requirements – one liners are fine if the scene is fast paced, and if a scene calls for 7 paragraphs in a row, be my guest as well. rpn pms preferred for story but i do have discord for ooc (and im chatty asf out of character so we can be friends!)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

i have no idea how much interest this idea is going to get but i figured i'd try anyway, because i'm sooo excited to do fieldwork on people's constructed languages, and get the chance to show off my own. so yeah, i guess pm me if you're down

if this idea doesn't speak to you but you're looking for co-writers and you felt enticed by my Very Low Requirements (or this pastel pink font which no doubt is a menace to light mode users) I also have a more general 1x1 search thread here: [link]

Last edited:
This is such an amazing idea! I'd love to do a crossover between our worlds! The one I'm working on is pretty new, so I'd love to flesh it out some more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back