1x1 Wolf Pack [Inactive]

"Goodmorning" The Alpha Healer said as she lowered her head below Shadow's "Goodmorning Tess, you know you don't have to bow for me like a prince everytime, come on we know each other, just stop doing that" Shadow said that on a quite annoyed tone. "Yea sorry Shadow, forget about that everytime" Tessa said as she raised her head again "What happened to your paw?" she asked as she saw Shadow's bleeding paw.

"Well... she happened" Shadow looked at Raine for a second "But I'm fine, I just want you to fix her up"

Shadow turned around to Raine "Raine, this is Tessa our Alpha Healer, she will help you with all your medical needs, please listen to her and she will be a good friend in no time" Shadow smiled as he said that and left the den leaving Raine and Tessa alone.

Raine

I stood and watched the alpha interact with the healer. It was strange to see him ask the wolf to not now when a few minutes prior he was forcing me to do so.

When the wolf noticed the alpha's paw I lowered me head as they turned to me. When Shadow exited the den I grew nervous.

"Don't be nervous. I won't hurt you." The healer said as she slowly walked towards me. I nodded my head and let her do her thing.

Shadow was outside and noticed that almost the complete pack had gathered around the healer's den. Shadow sighed shortly. "Please all follow me" He walked to the middle of a camp and sat down on a rock so that everybody could see him, but maybe even more important, he was on the highest spot and could see everybody. Every wolf was silent just out of plain respect towards Shadow. "A new member has joined our pack, I have not assigned her a rank yet. Her name is Raine. I don't know a lot about her, but I'm pretty sure that she has had an extremely difficult youth. Therefor, I want to you to stay away from her for now. You can go to her only one at the time, and if she tells you to leave you do so. Spike, Tessa and I will take care of her for now." Shadow looked at Spike when he said his name, Spike was the beta male of the pack and Shadow's younger brother. "Thank you for your attention" The wolves went on with what they were doing.

Raine

After only a short while I was washed, bandaged, and fed. Shadow was right when he said that the healer would be my friend if I listened to her. I told her about my old pack and how I was so poorly treated there. She told me about her mate and how he was so sweet, kind, and gentle to her which made me want a mate to love and care for. Tessa and I were great friends by the time she was finished and told me that I could leave to go find Alpha Shadow. I smiled and nuzzled her fur lovingly as a daughter did to her mother before bounding out of the den. I completely forgot about being in the pack camp until I practically tripped over a small, brown pup outside of the den. I glanced down at the pup to see him looking bravely back up at me.

"I haven't seen you around here before and I know everyone!" He said his chest visibly puffing in an amusing fashion. Suddenly his eyes grew wide "You're a rouge! A real rogue! I haven't seen a rogue before! What's it like?! How did you survive?! Did you have to fight off other rogues or battle packs to pass through their territory!?" The pup shot question after question at me his tail wagging excitedly as his voice grew louder by the second.

I decided to amuse the pup and stretch the truth a little. "Oh yes," I said in a scary, gruff fish voice, "I was all alone so I had no one to protect me but I didn't need protection. I hunted and fought for myself, crossing whoever's territory I pleased. I fought rogues twice my size sometimes even groups of them. I battled packs that were so huge they could circle around me twice. I was never scared! I fought them all and won every time. The only Alpha to ever defeat me and capture me was your own Alpha Shadow." As I spoke the pup grew more and more excited. I had to hold back the laughter when I saw his pride and admiration in his alpha swell at the thought of him being the only alpha to take on and defeat such a "powerful" rogue.

Shadow was sitting next to the healer's den and heard the whole story. He smiled, not just because of the story but also to see how great Raine seemed to feel again. He sat down and enjoyed the story, waiting for it to finish. The pup was eventually called by his mom, who also greeted Shadow and therefore betraying his position. Shadow walked over to Raine and sat down next to him, hoping that he would show respect without any force this time.

"I see my sister did here job great again" Shadow smiled by that thought, he was very proud of his sister's skills. At that exact moment he spotted Spike running after a pup who had stolen a piece of meat from him. But Shadow was also proud of him, he knew Spike was just playing with the pups. He was their trainer for most of the time, but keeping them busy was an hobby of him as well.

Raine

When the pup scurried off with his mom he called back that his name was Rider and that he'll see me later for more stories.

As Shadow walked up and say next to me I nodded my head "Alpha." I greeted. "She did a great job. I feel like a wolf again" I said referring to how my light grey fur was now, in fact, light grey instead of muddy, dark brown.

"I'm sorry about telling the pup stories but he asked what it was like and I didn't want to scare him with the truth. I made sure you were the good guy. And that he knows that females can hold their own since I apparently beat up an entire pack." I chuckled at the end statement proud of my story strength.

Shadow was glad to see that his new pack member finally showed some sort of respect to him.

"Don't worry about your story, I've heard everything." Shadow looked at Raine again. "It's better that nobody knows about your history, it will only give confusion and I don't think you will get any happier from it as well."

Shadow nodded with his head pointing at a den "That den is empty, it's yours now. Considering your rank, that will take some time. I need to get to know you and your skills better. I have seen already that you are not afraid to fight, but there is still the respect issue." Shadow starred at Spike who was still chasing a pup. "I've told the pack to leave you alone, unless you approach them. So don't worry about that" Shadow sighed for a second. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to speak with your beta. That would by the way be a good wolf to get to know first." Shadow walked in the direction of Spike, leaving Raine in front of the healer's den.

I nodded as the alpha stood and walked away. I soon got up and walked around the camp. My muscles were sore from the constant three day running and the fight with Shadow but not as sore as before. I really had to thank that healer every time I see her.

Most of the wolves I passed gave me odd glances but I didn't mind them since I was a rouge on their land, near their pups. What I did might were a few unmated females who have me a dirty look. I'm guessing it was because I was near the alpha and they were jealous. Those few mean glances earned a snarl or a set of very sharp bared teeth. The looks were quickly replaced by shock that unfortunately didn't last very long... Oh well. I wasn't going to be bothered by them.

Shadow walked towards his younger brother and explained him what was going on with their newest pack member. Unlike other pack members, Spike did have the right to walk up to Raine and talk to her. However, Spike decided not to do so and wanted her to come to him. "I think it would be smart for her to first go to you and get to know you, I hope that she knows how important a beta is in a pack." Shadow said to Spike. Spike nodded and Shadow walked towards the middle of the camp.

There was a huge rock, close to the center of the camp. It was Shadow's favorite spot to lay and enjoy the sunlight on his thick black fur. He climbed on the rock and stretched his paws before laying down on his side and thinking about what he would do with Raine.

Raine

After a while I had toured most of the camp and finally ended up back at my new den. It was cold and clearly Haden's been used in a while but it was home for which I was grateful.

Deciding I didn't want to lay in the cold, dark den I practically pranced over to the center of the camp. When I got to the center of the camp I heard the happy yips of pups running towards me. Rider, the pup from earlier saw me and ran over to hide behind my legs.

"Hide me!" He whispered to me. When the other pups came running up they stopped and asked where he was. Playfully, I lowered my front legs and in a fake scary voice I said "I ate him up and you're all next!" The pups squealed, before 'attacking me!' Yelling to give Rider back. I laughed and let them tackle me before Rider popped out and they ran off.

I got up and looked around before spotting Shadow laying on a rock. "Having fun up there, big bad alpha?" I asked him in a joking manner.

Shadow was thinking for a second about the home that Raine just made. Normally he would have burst out in laughs, but Raine was new and still had to learn the rules within his pack. So, since her joke was extremely disrespectful, Shadow stared at the wolf and bared his teeth with a soft growl. He hoped that the wolf understood him and that Shadow didn't need to talk since he might than start laughing. He also hoped that Raine wouldn't meet his gaze, which could be considered disrespectful as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raine (female btw)

The growl and bared teeth didn't really bother her but she didn't return the gesture like she wanted too. Instead she dropped her eyes just under his staring at his bared teeth. "Well then have fun standing there in the storm."

Raine walked off as dark clouds began to cover the sky. It was getting late anyways so she returned to her new den. She quickly cleared the den and made it just big enough for two wolves and roomy for one. Curling up, she prepared herself for the storm brewing outside.

Shadow looked up at the sky and realised that Raine was right, but the way she said it was still very disrespectful. You have a lot to learn, and I'll make sure you will Shadow thought. He raised his muzzle to the sky and let out a long and loud howl, warning the guards to return to the camp before the weather would change to badly. He stretched and jumped off the rock before shaking his fur and walking to his own den. He sat down in it's entrance and waited for each and every wolf to enter their dens.

Raine

I heard Shadow's howl and shivered slightly. My den was shallow so I could see the sky darkening and the wolves returning to camp before entering their dens. Stupidly I hoped that this storm would pass quickly when I knew it would be heavy and probably last until morning. I shivered slightly with the thought and the drop in the temperature outside. This was going to be rough.

Shadow looked around and was glad that everybody was entering their dens. It started raining and it didn't take long for the thunder and lightning to come with it. The lightning hit a tree at the side of the camp and it collapsed, falling in the grass, not hurting anyone. Shadow sighed and realised that his pack was safe as long as everybody stayed in their dens. He laid down and laid his head between his paws, he sighed and closed his eyes.

Raine

Three hours into the storm and I was still awake. The sky lit up every few seconds followed by a crash of thunder. I was shaking by now but not from the chilly air. No I was shaking in fear. It was always storms that held my fear. Ever since I was made into the omega of my old pack. They would force me to stay outside when a storm came just to laugh at me in the morning when I was curled into a ball crying and shaking.

When the sky lit up like the middle of the day I whimpered. Then the thunder crashed. I yelped, jumping to my feet, and bolting outside. The rain instantly soaked my silver fur turning it almost black in color. I looked around me to the rest of the dens as thunder struck again. I jumped into the nearest den, running smack into the wolf residing there. Shadow.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Shadow said as he jumped on his four paws and bared his teeth. He growled loudly and moved his head closer to Raine's making sure that he could see his teeth. But than, Shadow noticed that the female already was afraid of something else than him. He stopped baring his teeth and sat down. "What is wrong?" Shadow said concerned. Of course, he didn't like to be woken up abruptly, but he would do everything for his pack and Raine was belonging to it at this moment, so since he saw she was scared he felt like he had to ask her about it.

Raine

"I-I'm s-scared of the s-storm..." I whimpered dropping my head in shame. "I'm s-sorry for waking you" I apologized, shivering from both fear and coldness from a soaked coat. "I ran outside my den in fright but then the thunder scared me again. I ran into the closest den to me. Your's, alpha."

Shadow looked at Raine a little concerned and he nodded. He understood that she was scared and his task as Alpha was to protect her. "You can sleep here if you want" he said seriously and looked outside for a second. The storm was still raging on and it didn't look like it was going to stop very soon.

Raine

My ears perked at the words and I looked back up at him in disbelief. Before he could change his mind I curled up on the ground and tucked my head into my paws. Lightning flashed outside and I counted 5-6 seconds before the thunder crashed like a large wave upon a rocky cliff. I whimpered at the sound and curl into myself tighter. I probably won't be sleeping tonight.

Shadow looked outside at the lightning and than back to the female that was now laying in his den. He sighed as he noticed that the wolf wasn't really relaxed yet. He realised that there was only one thing he could do, so he curled up around her. Shadow's fairly large wolf body was pretty much able to circle around the smaller wolf. Shadow hoped that Raine had inspected his size, claws, teeth and muscles before and that she would now feel safe.

Raine

I tensed up for a second when I felt fur slide against my own then Shadow curl around my but after a second I relaxed again and even more than before. My eyes closed as I was warmed by his presences and body heat. "Thank *yawn* you, Shadow." I said pressing further into his form. Slowly I began to know the lightning and thunder less and less until the storm didn't affect me. The sweet darkness of sleep wound itself around me ever slowly as I drifted off sure to have no nightmares or dreams to invade the peace.

Shadow fall into a deep sleep, he actually loved the warm feeling of Raine's fur touching his. The storm became weaker over the night, and except for that one broken tree, no real damage was done. It was a peaceful night inside the Alpha's den. The sun slowly started to rise and the first wolves were waking up. The rumour of a female laying inside Shadow's den shot through the pack like the lightning of the night before. Nobody realle knew yet who Raine was, but she sure made all the females extremely jealous and some of them very angry.

Raine

When the sun finally woke me I felt something warm and wet poking into my neck. I glanced down to see Shadow, still asleep, laying half on top of me with his nose buried into the fur of my neck. His breath, coming in small puffs, tickled the fur there. I smiled slightly at the image.

My body was still curled up in a crescent shape but I had turned to face the alpha at one point. He had placed his upper body onto my side and then snuggled his muzzle into the spot where my shoulder met my neck. I didn't know whether he had positioned himself half on top of me in a protective manner or a dominant one. Knowing him for the short amount I did I was going to guess the later one was true.

(By possessive I meant as a show of higher rank. I didn't know how to word it so I said possessive.)

Shadow was still asleep, he was really tired, yesterday was an extremely long day for him. He did however twitch his ears at the sound of the wolves outside, but even with the slight movements of Raine it wasn't enough to wake him up. He was laying still, only the rising and falling of his chest with his breath was indicating that he was still alive.

Everyone in the pack now knew about the wolf in Shadow's den and also everyone knew her name because even Spike was participating in the rumour. More and more females came closer to the den and stared inside carefully, they were jealous but still didn't want to make the Alpha angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back