• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 1x1 Shadowrun or Deus Ex Mankind Divided setting

ScarecrowJoe

Hi, this is the first thread I have made looking for an RP so please bare with me.

I am looking for a partner to delve into the Shadowrun or Deus Ex settings with me. I am only just getting back into RP so my post lengths vary a fair bit but I do try to avoid the dreaded one liner responses. I tend to play male characters as I just don't feel that I play female characters at all well. I prefer my partners being 18+, I am sure that there are very capable Rpers under 18 but it is my preference. I also prefer using OC over canon.

Settings:

Shadowrun:

The world has changed…
Magic is no longer just for fairy tales. It’s real. While technology has merged with flesh to challenge the strength of old world sorcery. Now people are more than just people; after an unexplained genetic event, some of them have developed traits that have left them labeled as elves, dwarfs, orks, and trolls. And dragons aren’t just in picture books–they’re very real, and they’re running nations and some of the biggest corporations in the world.

People call it the Sixth World, and it’s not a friendly place. Mega corporations have ruthlessly consolidated power, and they make everyone, from the lowliest sage slave to the most powerful government leader, dance to their tune. Many people sell their lives to these megacorps, believing they have no choice. But there are a few who have the skills, the guts and the nerve to stay independent, finding a way to live in the gray areas of a world not built for them. They can survive–and if they’re real lucky–thrive in the corners and shadows of the world. They’re outlaws, but they’re tolerated by the powers of the world because they’re useful. They are called shadowrunners.

Mankind Divided:
Mankind Divided is set in the year 2029, two years ago the events of the "Aug Incident" occured - an event in which mechanically augmented humans became uncontrollable and lethally violent. Unbeknownst to the public, the affected augmented received implanted technology designed to control them by the shadowy Illuminati, which is abused by a rogue member of the group to discredit augmentations completely. The Illuminati successfully conceal the truth behind rumors and disinformation, while the augmented are now outcasts from normal humans in an era of "mechanical apartheid".

I don't really know what else to say on the subject, if you are interested or have any questions feel free to contact me

I posted a similar LFP thread. I cannot pm (account is too new) you but if it sounds interesting please pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back