• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 1x1 Partner Search (Ignore Prefix)

WhisperingPines

Introduction
Hello, everyone! As you can probably tell, my username is WhisperingPines; feel free to call me that (or a shortened version, if you prefer). I am new to this website, but I really wanted to get back into RPing again, so I'm just gonna jump in and make this thread. I think I'll use it as a sort of permanent search thread. Currently, I'm searching for a partner who doesn't mind doing 1x1 RPs. I'm pretty terrible at group RPs, especially if they're in thread, paragraph form. I can never keep up with them and there's usually just too much going on for my liking. I prefer roleplays that are bit calmer and closer knit; I like working closely with my partner to tell a story. I figure I should talk about myself, what kind of partner I'm looking for, and some of the genres and fandoms I like, as well as some ideas I may have.

About Me
I am 22 years old and I live in Ohio, USA (Eastern Standard Time zone). I graduated college this past April and I currently work full time (with odd hours). I have a couple hours each day that I can dedicate to an RP, so my replies should be once daily, possibly more. I tend to post medium to longer replies, but I believe it all depends on what's happening in the role play as well as the time constraints outside of it. I do like to see at least a couple paragraphs, but I value quality over quantity. If the plot keeps moving, I'm happy. I can code a little bit, so I will throw graphics and fancy things into the RP from time to time. World building is probably one of my favorite parts of an RP. Even in established universes, there are usually places with blank slates just waiting to be filled.

What I'm Looking For
Honestly, I would really appreciate a partner who is chill and friendly. If RPing is all business to you, then I don't think we would be a good match. OOC chats are important to me as the RP itself. Friendly interaction outside of the RP makes it a more enjoyable and rewarding experience all around, or in my opinion at least. I am not expecting perfection out of a partner; after all, I'm not perfect, so why should I expect it out of someone else? If you make a few mistakes in your post (as I'm sure I'll do), it will most likely be unnoticed/ignored. I will usually only call attention to mistakes if I can't decipher it. Also, I would like to RP with someone who enjoys world building and creating the RP together. I feel that we both will be less likely to drop out or lose interest if we both put in the effort to create what's needed for the RP.

Style
When I RP, I prefer paragraph style, usually in third person, using past tense. I used to do script style a lot, but that was mostly in real time RPs with several people and several characters. I like the way a paragraph style RP comes out looking like a book. Gore and violence is okay in moderation. Smut/Romance scenes have to be fade to black.

Note: I will never play Canon characters. I'm not comfortable with pairings other than FxM and with age gaps, both characters must be adults.

Genres, Ideas, Plots
At the moment, I don't have a particular fleshed out idea to work with, just "plot bunnies" floating around. I can tell you about the genres I like, among other things. Firstly, Action and Adventure will always hold a special place in my heart. Fantasy and SciFi are always good options. Slice of Life and Romance RPs I usually avoid; not that I don't like them, I just get bored if they're the main reason for the RP. I love, love, love character interaction and dynamics. Family and friend-centric stories are my favorite and would love to RP something with that in mind.

I don't mind role playing within a fandom, but I'd rather stick to OCs within the universe. So, rather than play as the Marauders/The Golden Trio in a Harry Potter RP, why not explore the lives of characters that aren't canon? What about their adventures at Hogwarts? What sort of trouble do they get into?

Below, I will list the fandoms that I'm in or that I like. Please let me know if you think we may be a good fit. :)

-Ice Age; The Croods; Finding Nemo; Madagascar; Full House; Sabrina the Teenage Witch; Pokemon; Harry Potter; Marvel; X-Men; etc.

Last edited:
Ideas

In the tabs below, I'll briefly state some of the ideas I have. These may not be fleshed out very much, or they could be full on ideas. We'll see as we go along. Currently I am craving the Animal Crossing idea the most.

• If any idea catches your fancy, please PM me or reply to this thread. I will try and respond either way.

Last edited:
Old RP Ideas

• Currently, I am already working on RPs for most of these ideas. You can try and convince me if one really appeals to you.

Last edited:
Nice, another chill roleplayer I can hang out with. ^^ Idea 1 sounds very, very fun! Would you be interested in hashing things out for that one?

I would love to do something with original characters in the Harry potter universe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back