• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

1x1 Kalissa & HFG

Garrett and his clan of Vampires arrived at the hideout of Owen's pack. Garrett's leader, Stella, knocked on the door. She hated asking for help, but they needed to eliminate this group of humans because they were causing problems for them. Garrett watched anxiously, he had only worked with werewolves a few times, mostly he was sent alone for bounty missions.

Grace sat in the corner of the basement, scratching intensely at her arm as she tried to control her thirst. She hadn't had any blood in days, and human food wasn't sufficing anymore. She could sense the others were getting suspicious of her, accusing her to be more than just human - which, they'd rather her be full vampire than a disgusting hybrid.

Grace is in hiding with twelve other humans of various ages, families, cultures, etc. The agreement between the Vampires and the Werewolves was the worst thing to happen to humans. But for a hybrid, she had been doing this her whole life already. Her parents, when they were alive, were always in hiding because of their illegal relationship with each other, and they would have been executed on the spot if people had known they reproduced.

The knock on the den door grabbed Owen's attention as the scent of vampire invaded his nostrils. The rest of the pack looked harshly forward and Owen put his hand up to tell them to stand down for a moment. He went to the den door and opened it slowly to see a pale female shuffling nervously about the entrance. "Guessing this is about the humans."

blackdecorativedivider.png

Alexandria rose to the sun peeking in through her large curtains. Her long black hair fell from her face to her shoulders as she rose slowly from her blankets and looked around. The room she was seeing, how the furniture was arranged carefully to fit her serene lifestyle, this would all be lost after today. This was the last time she would see her room. Alexandria turns 18 today and for a present she gets sold to another country to drop coins in her father's pocket and promote peace in her kingdom.

"Yeah, sneaky bunch. We got a few of them, but they're good. We need your help tracking them down to finish them off," Stella explained. "Would your pack be in? We're hunting them down for profit, and we'd split it with you, of course."

Garrett watched Owen intensely. Vampires and Werewolves worked together now, sure, but that didn't mean he trusted them. And he was pretty sure that the Werewolves didn't trust them very well either.

"As far as we know, there's twelve of them. However, we keep picking up this odd scent, like they kind of have a Vampire with them. It's possible that they have a Vampire helping them, but it's not the same smell," Jackson, Stella's right-hand-man explained.

___________________ _______________________ __________________

Grace sat, minding her own business as she nibbled at an apple, trying desperately not to think about the burning sensation in her throat. She took another bite when suddenly, one of the children tripped and fell - the smell of fresh blood hit Grace like a wall. She was up in a flash and over by the girl, she grabbed her and examined her bloody arm. Her mouth watered, she leaned forward to take it as her own, but then she remembered... She quickly got up and stepped back.

"Just looks like a regular scratch to me," Grace said softly as everyone stared at her.

"I knew something was wrong with her!" A woman shouted.

"Vampire!" A man exclaimed.

"No-no, well, not technically..." She backed away from them. This had happened before. She cursed at herself internally, wondering how she let herself slip up so badly. She quickly dashed up the stairs and exited the cabin. She breathed in the fresh air heavily, glad she didn't end up hurting the girl.

Owen listened to her speak and it wasn't like it was unheard of for Werewolves and Vampires to work together but he had to make sure his pack knew who was in charge while hiding his true feelings for the humans. He looked behind the girl and saw a male vamp keeping his eyes locked on Owen like he expected the worst. It was a delicate situation that could fall into disarray with the slightest misstep. He eyed the rest of the clan and looked back at Stella, then another vamp as he spoke. He mist be pretty high up on the totem pole to speak side by side with, who he figured was the leader.

He looked at the pack as their collective thoughts gathered and he looked back with decision. "We're in. I call the shots for our pack. But I won't let one of mine being sacrificed for this so if I think its too dangerous, we're out. A vamp with them? Might be a safehouse, we've run into them a few times."

tumblr_inline_mxejaaET1R1s2pyq9.jpg

"Alex we have to do something about this hair." Alexandria's mother stood by as her their servants were pulling at her hair. Her face remained the same stoic expression as she allowed her image to be shifted. "Yes, mother. Whatever you think is best." She was good at these robotic answers since monotony played such a huge role in her life. Deep down she wanted to scream and throw paints around the room to fight the bland that was her jail cell. Any individuality was squeezed out at a young age, but Alex had a plan. She had learned enough from the soldiers the layout of the land and where was the best way to run.

"Yeah, we think they're hiding in the woods now. With more of us, we can circle them once we find them. It will be easy to take them down," Stella told them. "Be ready to go in five?"

Garrett knew this would take no time now. He felt like they could handle it on their own, but Stella didn't want to take any chances with this group of humans - they're total radicals. Usually, they left most humans alone, but the ones that rebelled against the vampires, werewolves, or any other creature, had to pay the price.

Owen nodded, "We'll meet you out here in five." He shut the den door and walked in to collaborate with his pack. "We'really here to help and encircle the humans but do not throw yourself into danger. We ensure the humans don't run. We are thexcited wall and they're the assault."

Owen, after prepping who was going, walked out and met the vampires out front. His pack encircled him as he stood in front of stella. "We're ready when you are." Inside he was screaming as he was against everything they were about to do. Owen got sucked into pack leader but he disliked ruthless killing. Power had shifted to the wrong side, in his opinion and Owen was looking for any way out.

"Alright, we're off then." Stella led him out of the city and into the woods.

"Do one of your dogs want to do the sniffing? It would make this a lot quicker," Garrett said, his tone harsh. Stella shot him a nasty death glare then looked back at Owen with apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry, what he means is - is that werewolves have better smelling than we do, so perhaps one of you would like to lead from here?" Stella rephrased, hoping Owen wouldn't be too upset with Garrett's attitude.

Grace had climbed a tree near the cabin, watching out for them, even if they didn't want it. She figured she had nothing better to do or anywhere else to go. She would hop on a train, but she didn't have any money, or ID for that matter. She was unregistered, she didn't exist. She hung her legs over the thick branch then tilted back, letting herself hang upside down. Maybe her own blood flowing to her head would stop her from being thirty for blood. It was a long shot, but she had to try.

One of Owen'so newest members, Jaxx, almost left forward at the cold one'side words. He shot a threatening glance back aa they stood eye to eye. Jaxx finally backed down as Owen brought his attention to Stella. "It's alright. We don't mind how much awesome we are at scent location. I'll take point." He strode forward and brushed past Garrett with pride. His eyes changed their shape and color as his primal senses kicked in. He could smell the humans presence all grouped together, poor fools. As he kept searching he picked up a scent that was unfamiliar. They said a vampire was with the humans but he could barely detect its presence. Owen wasn't a new changeling so his nose should be able to detect anything but apparently this creature was the exception.

As they neared the humans a strong smell of blood caught his attention. Right above in trees, a bit away from the humans was that scent. With his vision he could pick up a figure hanging from some branches. Owen knew he couldn't catch its attention without alerting the others so he hoped it could see them arriving. "I sense them just up ahead. They're grouped together in a small space. The vampire seems to have fled."

Grace quickly sat straight up and crouched. She heard the voice of a man, and as the wind came in she got a hit of vampire and werewolf scent. She jumped down, landing quietly. She walked carefully among the trees, then when she thought she was fine she went towards the cabin in a sprint. She knew she didn't have enough time to get them all out safely - but she had to try something. She barged into the cabin and lifted the floorboards to the basement and poked her head down.

"Before you kill me - vampires and werewolves are headed this way. Hide yourselves and stay quiet. I'll cover," she said to them quickly before putting the floorboards back down and covering it back up with a carpet. Oh lord, she thought to herself, I'm dying today. She walked over to the window and saw them approaching.

"I live here," she mumbled to herself. "My name is.. uh, Margaret? Yeah, okay."

Owen bit his lip as he could see the girl, at least he had a gender, ran back inside the hut and hid the humans underneath the floor. At this rate nobody was going to get out alive and he had to act quickly. He put himself into offense mode as he tried to predict what the outcome of this encounter would be like. Owen looked at his pack and they all circled around as he got the closest to the hut. The vampires he couldn't control as they were hell bent on destroying whatever they found. What would he do? If they discovered what that girl was then it could be the end for humanity and the beginning of a new destiny with vampires on top.

Owen saw this situation going one of two ways; either he lets them take her or he ends up intervening and making himself a black mark for Werewolves and Vamps. He looked towards the vamps and waited to see what they would do.

"Should we knock?" Garrett piped up.

"Don't be stupid!" Stella nearly hit him upside the head. "We just go in!" She pushed past them all and kicked the door down. She looked around and then saw a small girl standing in the middle of the kitchen. She wore black glasses and waved around a black walking stick.

"Whose there?" Grace demanded to know, pretending to be blind. It was a last minute decision, but she stood by it. This was it for her anyway, she knew it, so she was going to go down amusing herself. "I'll get the door! Just wait a moment, I can't see a damned thing."

"I smell them," Jackson muttered as he walked into the house behind Stella, he circled around. "Underneath, most likely."

"I'm not deaf, who are you talking about? It's just me," Grace added, moving around the room aimlessly. Garrett just stood in the corner and smirked.

"Just get rid-" Before Jackson could finish his sentence, Grace turned with one motion and wacked him in the head with her stick, right in the gut. She threw it aside quickly and grabbed the revolver from out of her skirt pocket. She aimed it at Stella, finger over the trigger. "Leave, now."

"Honey, there's fifteen of us, and one of you. Plus, you're little human friends." Stella said, smirking.

"I got about fifteen silver bullets if you want me to try them out," Grace said casually back to her. Grace heard movement behind her and pointed the gun back at Jackson, without looking she pulled the trigger and got him right in the heart. He fell over. "Fourteen."

Owen watched as the hotheaded vamp barged in and found himself a most confusing situation. He had to give the girl some credit for making up the blind girl distraction. After watching what happened to Jackson he kept his pack at bay, which was hard when Jaxx was rearing to rip some heads off.

"Hey Stella, I think we seriously misunderstood this situation. And clearly we were not provided with the necessary information." Owen was standing just behind Stella. His job was to try and minimize the attention this situation could draw to this girl.

"She's got a gun loaded with silver and one of your clan is already dead. We don't know what she has the humans below packed with." Owen went for basic psychology and tried to get Stella to back out of here on her own as he simply highlighted the facts of the situation.

While Owen talked, Garrett went forward to make an attack, but Grace was fast. She met him in the middle, the barrel of her gun pressed against his chest.

"Did you misinterpret?" She said through clenched teeth. "I will not hesitate."

Stella listened to Owen, especially now with Jackson dead and Garrett the next on her list, she couldn't afford two casualties.

"Garrett, back down, let's go. Owen's right, we were obviously mistaken," Stella said sternly. She glanced at the girl and then at Garrett, who took a step back and headed back towards Stella. She led them out, and walked away from the cabin.

"What the hell just happened!?" Stella seethed. "What was that thing? She didn't smell right."

Grace glanced over at Owen as he continued to stand in the doorway, even after the vampires had begun walking away. She looked him up and down, ready to react to whatever he planned on throwing at her.

Owen watched the girl and was impressed with her strength in this scenario. He would have put money down that she would have been unconscious or dead by the time they were through.

He watched Garrett and Stella walk out and could overhear their conversation. Curiosity had bitten them and now this girl's life was going to get a lot harder. Owen was locked in the gaze of this girl as she pointed the gun that could end his life. Instead of speaking he mouthed his next set of words in hopes she could read his lips. You're in danger..they won't stop. Run while you can.

Owen made the decision to warn her and let her make the decision. If he did act now it could mean certain death for him and her regardless of the amount of bullets in her gun.

He walked back over and hoped to water the fire. "She's covered in vampire scent, it seems she's kill them before. And recently."

Grace quickly grabbed her bag and made a run for it out the back door. She had helped the humans for now, but now she had to get the hell out of there. The city? she thought. No, she halted in her tracks, and then turned. She'd stalk them, that guy who had warned her. She needed to talk to him more. She followed their scent, staying far enough behind.

"I'm sure we'll run into her again soon, or she'll find her death with someone else. That was pretty good, I'll give her that. But she won't get away with what she did to Jackson, whatever she is." Stella said bitterly.

"She's probably one of those nasty hybrids," Garrett said harshly. It was rare, but they existed. They usually didn't live long enough to get that old though - most of them died at ten or younger, caught by authorities for their existence. "She needs to be put down."

"That's for sure," Stella added.

Grace listened intently as she stayed behind them. Damn, made a lot of enemies today and it's only four o'clock.

Jaxx eyed the vampires and Owen as they walked and was still unsure about the whole thing. Owen grunted when Stella spoke, "Someone will find an take care of her. We were unprepared, that's for sure. Sorry you lost one." He was good at acting sympathetic when the time called for it, even though it was hard to be towards those who murdered for fun.

Owen could sense they were being followed but he kept his head and thoughts to his own so the rest of the pack wouldn't catch him. "Karma has a way of coming around and dealing back to those who have harmed us. Don't worry Stella, his death won't be in vein."

They arrived back at the bustling city. Garrett broke off from his clan immediately, going to find himself some dinner. He didn't drink before this hunt because he was expecting to be fed, but now he had to go find his own. He licked his lips as he glanced at all the people he walked by. He needed the right one, he deserved it - in honour of Jackson, right?

Grace made sure to stick close to the buildings, pulling her hood up over her head. She stuffed her revolver back into her sock as she continued to follow Owen. She didn't particularly care whether he knew she was following him or not, she just didn't want all the others to know. After Garrett left, Stella and the rest of her clan broke off as well to go find their own supper, luckily for Grace. She followed in ease now, pushing her way through the crowded streets so she wouldn't lose sight of Owen.

Owen could not believe the guts this girl had to follow them as far as she was. Luckily these vamps weren't that great at their job and his pack wasn't old enough to have his heightened sense. The others pushed off as he purposely kept walking through crowds and down streets until he found a safe corner that lied in the spice section of town, mostly middle eastern foods. When she got close enough he grabbed her and pushed her into the wall, "You're going to get us both killed. Why are you following me?" Damn if he didn't feel protective over her but he could't let his guard down.

tumblr_inline_mxejaaET1R1s2pyq9.jpg

Alexandria sat in the carriage with her hair done in curls and her ensemble that of a thin dress meant to accent her curves. She wore a robe with a large hood on top to keep herself "pure" from another's eyes. She waited a bit and looked at the soldiers in the caravan as they chatted about some whores back in town. In her pocket she had some small alcehmical explosions she made before leaving home, hiding them was a bit hard but she managed. Sleight of hand was a skill she picked up from some common thief. She stood up and made it seem she accidentally tripped forward as she threw the small explosions before the horses. Both horses stood up in fear and knocked over the carriage which she gracefully rolled out of. Before the guards could notice she was already halfway across the field and didn't plan on turning back. It didn't take her long to make her way into town as she decided she needed to change to keep people from noticing the regal quality of her clothing.

Alex pulled the hood up and intermingled with people as she slyly started pulling clothes from different stalls and stuffing them under her robes. Each time she did this she tossed gold on the stand so she wouldn't go so low as thievery.

Her back against the wall, Grace looked up at him, "I thought you made it pretty clear that you wanted to help me, unless you changed your mind since you probably now suspect I'm a hybrid. Plus, you told me to run, but I've got nowhere to go." She spoke softly and quickly, assuring no one else could hear. She tried to focus, but her eyes kept drifting from his to his neck. She could hear it, the pumping of blood - She quickly shook the thought of her mind.

Garrett spotted the girl, rushing to take clothes from each stand. He stepped in her way, "in a rush to be somewhere, sweetheart?" He asked, giving her his best charming smile. "Some guy just asked me if I've seen a girl who looks just like you. Look, I know a great shortcut to this place if you need to lay low."

Owen looked at her then looked back out into the market. "I did want, I meant I do want to help. I just didn't think it would be this soon." He saw her eyes glance down to her neck and could feel that she hadn't fed. "You've been without blood. It's true then that you're a hybrid. We need to get you out of here and soon. The cold ones may be lacking the senses that I have but they aren't dumb, they'll pick up on it shortly. Or someone from my pack will." His voice was smooth and calm as he tried to think of how to get her out of here. This was his once chance to stop the war and bring peace to the humans once again.

Alexandria turned, unruffled by his actions. She placed a hand on her shoulder as her eyes changed from her green to his color then back. "You're a vampire, not old at that. Garrett's your name and you failed in an attack on some humans. A strange girl was there. Are you going to kill me then? Send me back to whence I came." She pressed her face closer to his as her eyes scanned his whole body from top to bottom, and back up. She was unafraid of him and in fact found him interesting. " Every person she laid hands on was either human or witch and she cared for nothing they offered.

This creature defied logic and the rules of nature and she would be fascinated to find out how they first started. She had a taste for this kind of thing - a certain thirst for knowledge.

"Well, I have the perfect cure for you," she said before disappearing and suddenly reappearing. "I have the power of invisibility. Now, do you have a place of not? I know that's kind of rude, but we should probably get off the streets, hm? Talk this over," she suggested.

He grinned and gently placed his hand on her waist. "Well, my intention was to feed, but that doesn't mean I have to kill you," he said in a low and sexy voice. "Love the power, by the way. I have some tricks of my own as well. If you come over, maybe I can show you them sometime."

Garrett definitely felt an attraction towards this girl, and truly, he didn't want to kill her. At first, he was definitely just going to kill her. But with eyes like that and an attitude to go with, well, he just needed to know more.

He sighed and thought quickly about what to do next. "I know a place I can take you. It's not a luxury suite but it'll suit our needs until I can get us safe passage out of town." Owen grabbed her and led her down the alley they were in and through some seedy parts of town. Where he was taking her was not a decent place for a woman but he had no choice. At the back of the town was a hostel that served as a safe haven for the war, a place where no bloodshed was allowed to take place. It was like a church for the unholy; a place where the damned went for pleasure and relaxation. "Don't move or speak when we go in here. I will talk and you will simply stay at my side." Owen walked up and started speaking to the man at front as he asked for one room and kept her tucked under his arm. The man simply chuckled and gave him a key. They stepped inside and he grabbed the furthest room downstairs, next to an exit in case stuff went down. Once inside he closed the door and sighed, "We should be okay here for awhile."

Alex locked her gaze to Garrett's but then quickly swept behind him and pinned his arms to his back. "I will not become you're play thing. I want to leave the city and I intend to do so fully intact. If you can help me, great. If not then stay out of my way." She let go as a rush of adrenaline consumed her body and she felt alive. Alex looked back into his face and waited his decision but figured he would end up being of service to her. "This is the first time I've felt alive..this is what freedom feels like." She looked down at her hands and made small fists as if trying to hang onto the freedom, make it an intangible item that she would tuck away safely and never lose.

She liked the place. A square room with a bed, a little kitchen set with no fridge, tacky wall art, and peeling wall-paper. It has ruggish character, a place definitely designed for the defeated, the run-aways, and the extras.

"This place is awesome," she grinned. "Wouldn't I be accepted here? I mean, no bloodshed allowed, right? Safe haven? Even for hybrids? - No, you're right, that was stupid, of course not." She chucked down her bag. "Thanks for getting me in here." She crashed down on the bed, and sighed: "don't feel obligated to help me. You can leave, if you want. I've been taking care of myself for a long time. I was being stupid back there - you're just the only person I've ever met that has actually been nice to me or wanted to help me."

"Okay, I'll help you. I promise I won't hurt you, but you have to go with my plan and follow my lead. It's hunting hour right now, so we should go somewhere safe and leave tomorrow early bright and early. I can get you out of here safely and without a trail. Deal?" He asked her, genuinely wanting to help her. "You look like you've had quite a day, so you need to rest before you go playing in the woods."

He sighed and sat down in a corner of the room. "No.. it's safe for now but not even rules will stop them from coming here for you. Hybrids are rare and once found you either become a slave or a guinea pig. This is temporary for now until I figure out how to get you out of here safely." Pictures of pinup models hung on the walls and there was a faint scent of mold that clung in his nostrils. "I've gone down this path and there isn't going back. I've been wanting out for awhile now anyways.." Although he knew it wasn't really over as Jaxx would be the first to pick up on things and took over for where Owen stood in the pack.

"We didn't have time for formalities before but I'm Owen." He put his arm out for a handshake. Hey, even these times called for a proper introduction.

--------------------------------------------------------

Alexandria looked up at him and nodded her head, "I can agree to that. I need to change quickly though as I don't exactly blend in here." She opened her robe a little so he could see the dress she was assigned for the wedding. Soon the guards from the castle would storm in so lingering like this was only ensuring there capture. Alex had never heard of another witch running so she wasn't sure what would happen if they caught her, would she be taken away? Would she still be married off? Or would she become a slave to science, merely an experiment for war.

She couldn't let any of that happen when she was so close to escaping. The road ahead would be hard and full of obstacles but with Garrett she had a better chance then just if she was on her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back