• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

1x1 (Azimuth and PastelBishie)

(Here is the over due post! I'm sorry, I haven't been able to think of how to open this whole thing up so I stalled a bit in all honesty >.<)

The wind blew softly outside of the kitchen window. Farrah's warm breath hit the window in small puffs. She sighed to herself as she washed the dishes. Her days had faded into melancholic hours that seemed to continue on forever. She wished for more adventure, something to do in the least. Her friends and colleagues were off doing whatever they wanted and left her to fend for herself. She really should get a pet, anything to distract her. Summer has just been a collection of clear skies and empty rooms to her so far. She was honestly more bored than upset though. She would go out and do something, but she'd always end up finding herself feeling unfulfilled and bored again.

She had done all she could do and it got to be routine even if it used to excite her. Making her way to the couch and plopping down, she turned on the television. The news was the same crap, probably made up stories to keep the nation at peace and calm. Turning to gaze at the door, she felt a strong urge that today would be the day she would be relieved of her wallowing, but she wasn't sure whether to trust the feeling or not. She guessed that she'd find out.

Growing tired and hungry, she stood up and decided to go out and do something besides eating alone in her dreary house. She cranked on her car and drove into the city. She knew a great little Italian place that had super good food and opted for that. She soon found her destination and parked, walking into the restaurant quite comfortably and not timidly like she had the first time she entered. She had become close with the owners and workers there, being a usual customer and having visited quite frequently.

She was seated swiftly and her order had already been taken. They knew what she wanted to eat and drink already since she informed them that she'd take the usual so she didn't have to make them fret over waiting on her to order. Farrah sipped her tea, looking out the window curiously as she watched people busily walk around the city.

She didn't stay long after finishing her meal. She didn't feel like sticking around and chatting, being that she was actually starting to feel pretty tired so she opted for returning to her home where she could rest up. It was starting to get a bit dark as the sun set, and the roads were clear of any other cars on her way home, which was odd but not unheard of since the road to her house wasn't a busy one to begin with anyways. Farrah felt at peace as she watched the setting sun in front of her, not really paying attention to her surroundings as she drove. Probably not her best idea, but she didn't really care either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
((a robot being chased through the city.... Lol nope. On her way home, she hits something. T_T I know I'm being picky, but the stay just doesn't make sense if I send him in now.))

Suddenly something landed just ahead of her car. It fell hard enough to punch an imprint of its form in the tarmac, deep enough that is was flush with the road. Farrah would drive over it.

Surprised by seeing the object falling in front of her car, she swerved a bit but was unable to avoid hitting it. Screeching to a halt, she paused to catch her breath before stepping out, Farrah looked back towards the object in the road and cautiously approached it. She wasn't sure what it was, but it looked big. She only hoped that she didn't kill it. "H-hello?" She called out, unsure if the thing was even conscious or could hear her, but it was an impulse.

The object was aolearently a person. A person that looked fresh out of a sci-fi movie. It's flesh appeared torn from the impact, revealing glistening steel.

"Oh my gosh, what is that...?!" Farrah gasped, moving closer while crouching to get a better view. It looked to be a human, but what she had thought was flesh was separated in some areas, revealing metallic material that insisted on the object being anything but human. She looked around in question before turning back to the 'person'. "Um, hello?" She tried again. She was pretty spooked at this point, but she was even more curious about what she was witnessing.

There was a metallic grinding noise that stopped after a second. There was a long silence after that. Then a small section of its chest opened up and a USB flash drive slid out.

Farrah jumped back in surprise at hearing the loud noises erupting from it before easing back towards what she had dubbed as a robot. She blinked in questioning, but soon gave into the temptation to reach over and take the USB in her hands. She knew she probably shouldn't, but she never really listened to her conscience it seemed. Plus this could be the sense of adventure she had been hoping for, and she wasn't going to pass it up.

Heart nearly stopping, Farrah grabbed the USB and sprinted to her car, hastily starting it up before driving off. She knew what that had meant, and did not feel like being blew to smithereens. She just hoped that she could get far away enough since she wasn't sure just how big of an explosion was going to occur. Hopefully she wouldn't be close enough to find out.

Upon getting home, Farrah let out a breath of relief for still being alive and observed the USB, still tightly held in her hand. She took it inside and lanced at her computer and then at the Flash drive a few times. Becoming curious, she booted up the computer and plugged it in. She was hopeful that it wasn't a virus, but all she could do now was wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
On her screen appeared the generic file transfer window. It would load quickly, and disappear. A word document appeared.

Who are you?

Farrah squinted at the little window that popped up but backed off of the screen once it dissipated. She was a little cautious when seeing the word document pop up, but decided to humor the question the remained on the page. Bringing her hands up to the keyboard, she began to type her answer.

'My name is Farrah Willis. Who, may I ask, am I typing to?' She replied.

Waiting for something to happen, she ran a hand through her hair and sighed. This is the most eventful day she's had in a while and she was pretty worn out in all honesty.

For a few moments, things such as Farrah's Facebook account appeared, along with anything else to do with her. It all closed as quickly as it had appeared. Once the browser closed, the word document was suddenly filled with what seemed like random letters, symbols, and numbers. At the end was some readable words.

Or jack. I am a sentient program.

Farrah was pretty worried when the computer seemed to be going through her information and social media accounts. 'What is going on?!' She thought to herself as she watched the screen hopelessly flicker fast images and pages before the the word document popped up again. She could only read the last line of text, though.

"Jack..." She breathed out. 'Sentient program? What the heck is that?' Farrah was very uncertain of how to feel about this Jack person manipulating her computer.

She began typing a reply, hoping to get more information.

'What exactly does that mean? How did I get involved in all of this?' She asked, completely confused of her current circumstances.

"Saved his life? What? Wait... that robot thing and then the jumpdrive..." Farrah thought alloud. She was processing what had been hinted, and it was hard to understand. She didn't know artificial intelligence was a thing, let alone know that it was possible to achieve technology as sophisticated as this. Was the program that was running the robot now in her computer? What was she going to do with it?

'You were that robot, right? And now you're in my computer... Alright. I'm not too sure how believable this all is, but I don't think you're lying from what I've seen. What happened back when I first got this hard drive?' She typed.

'your computer has a microphone.' the words began. 'the robot was being taken to be dismantled, and my program deleted. I asked from the plane.'

'Right, a microphone.' Farrah face-palmed at her foolishness.

"So whoever created you or whatever was going to take you apart? Why?" She asked hesitantly. Maybe this program was some dangerous prototype that was going to be destroyed and now it was in hands. Just what had she gotten herself into? Perhaps this was a terrorist device. That would just make her whole day worse. She could be breaking the law right now just for taking a hard drive. What if she was now considered an accessory of some serious felony? She seriously didn't want to think about all the horrible possibilities.

"Oh okay, you wouldn't kill for th- Wait kill?!" She exclaimed, her eyes widening in surprise. She was happy that she didn't end up with some psycho killer AI, but it's former owners appeared to be. She wasn't sure which was worse. A murderous robot, or homicidal humans. Either way, this had just become a pretty serious situation.

"I'm glad that a program as seemingly intelligent as you opted out of becoming a weapon for murder, but whoever had ownership of you previously... Just who are they?" She pressed on. She wanted to make sure she had a firm grip of just what was going on.

'they are an extremist peacekeeping group who believe peace cannot be achieved with human life'

(I'm making this up as I go along, so it might seem a little eh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back