• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

1x1 Any takers?

Ember Spark

Sparky AKA Flint
Since I didn't get any takers last time... I'll try and make this professional.

Hello! My name is Ember Spark. I'm a senior member. I've been here for quite awhile. OG member right hurr!

Kidding! I dont talk like that.(southern girl who lives in a big southern city)

Anyways! I'm 22(so old) and I'm looking for a RP partner.

I've been trying to perfect my RP skills. So I have been role playing male characters.

I post 2+ paragraphs a post, I prefer if the person I am role playing with would post at least 2 Para a post.

Here are my ideas...

hunterxhunter/mxf-

They would meet while on a job, hunting some supernatural being. One gets shot by the other in surprise and they have to patch them up. They work together for a while on cases because of what happened and we finish the stir from there.

hunterxsupernatural being/mxf-

one charrie is a supernatural being and the other is a hunter. The hunter catches wind of the being and trys to take it down. But the hunter is caught off guard by the beings own kind. They save the hunter and we go on from there.

survivorxsurvivor/mxf-

zombies, do I have to explain more? My charrie is a soldier at a thriving community thats set up in a town. Yours is a prisoner that he dont know about till he stumbles upon her. He lets her go and she takes off. He was caught doing so and held the others off as she got away. He is punished and dropped off in the wasteland without any supplies or weapons. We figure the rest out.

hunterxsupernatural being/mxf-

one charrie is a supernatural being and the other is a hunter. The hunter catches wind of the being and trys to take it down. But the hunter is caught off guard by the beings own kind. They save the hunter and we go on from there.

Wouldn't mind trying to plan something like this out with you~

I don't want to RP with you, but I do have a question to ask. Why do you and other people ask for two para+? I am always turned off by this, because that mostly just makes me put useless and unnecessary information in my posts. It also makes me feel like the RP I'm doing is more like school work, and less of something that I can do to get away from my school life. One final thing, most of the people that have told me I had to make longer posts haven;t given me much to work with. I have the last one or two sentences to work with, because the rest of their post has already moved on from previous points that I could have also worked with.

Long story short, what appeal do longer posts have to you? I personally just don't care about post length, but try to do my best with what they give me.

I don't want to RP with you, but I do have a question to ask. Why do you and other people ask for two para+? I am always turned off by this, because that mostly just makes me put useless and unnecessary information in my posts. It also makes me feel like the RP I'm doing is more like school work, and less of something that I can do to get away from my school life. One final thing, most of the people that have told me I had to make longer posts haven;t given me much to work with. I have the last one or two sentences to work with, because the rest of their post has already moved on from previous points that I could have also worked with.

Long story short, what appeal do longer posts have to you? I personally just don't care about post length, but try to do my best with what they give me.

one liners dont give me anything to work with. Plus one liners doesn't explain what the characters are doing or how they are feeling.

one liners dont give me anything to work with. Plus one liners doesn't explain what the characters are doing or how they are feeling.

I'm not necessarily saying one liners (Which I'm trying to do a lot less of), but what about the people who can't always to two paras? What if they can get the point across just as well with one para? Why should they be forced to add useless details?

P.S., thanks for replying and being kind about it. I've tried this with a few other people and they either didn't respond, or got really mad about what I was asking for some reason.

I

I'm not necessarily saying one liners (Which I'm trying to do a lot less of), but what about the people who can't always to two paras? What if they can get the point across just as well with one para? Why should they be forced to add useless details?

P.S., thanks for replying and being kind about it. I've tried this with a few other people and they either didn't respond, or got really mad about what I was asking for some reason.

I am alright with one Para. Dont get me wrong. An ld I do try to match my partners posts, its the kind thing to do. But, you know, I'm giving out what I can and all I'm getting is 3 to 5 sentences? I'm just saying.

And of course! There no need to be rude. Its a question, not a snotty remark. I wouldn't be rude even then.

I use to have a RP partner that would not reply to me if I didn't have 3 or more paras. Now he wasn't being rude. He was helping me with my writing. It got to the point that he accepted 2 paras because quality over quantity.

My writing isn't the best but its 100000000 times better than it was. Just because he forced me to add detail.

we are also good friends so he wasn't some random person.

if you need help with you're writing and you want to start off at one para(and if you like any ideas of mine) ill help you out. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back