• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

19th Century Vampires

FloatingAroundSpace

Three Thousand Club
Just a thought I had before I went to bed based on an RP on a different forum I did months and months ago.

It is the age of the city in America. New York is blossoming as is Boston, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. People flock to them, enthusiasm running high as they scramble for jobs and an opportunity for a better life. However, not all those who come to the city do so with good intentions. There are those among the populace that are hiding away from their crimes for it is not only the age of the city but the age of death.

Bodies have begun turning up in the various cities, bodies of the youthful and rather healthy. They have no signs of struggle on their bodies save for bruises on their wrist and they have no blood in them, two holes in their neck having drained it all out. The police are at a loss, still fractured and learning the ropes as the population swells.

Corruption runs high as well, with officers often getting bought and the practice of political patronage still strong. It is the glory days of vampires, allowed to wander about with little fear of being documented, terrorizing the night without the living truly knowing so. But there are a few people who are slightly more reckless or braver or perhaps... something else. They see the dark eyes in the night and they know that something is wrong. And they are out to see what it is.

OOC: Basically, vampires are running amok because of chaos and corruption and a few humans may have the opportunity to run into them and discover a few things. I am open to romance, potentially, though I have in mind a couple already established.

The only thing I ask is that you be able to bounce ideas off of me and have a decent writing style.

As said above, this was typed out before I went to bed so I'll probably end up editing it when I wake up. If you're interested in the concept, please ping or PM me!

I mostly use PM. The only thread I have is this one- Fantasy - My Slave

Here are some posts from my PMs.

"Georgie stood next to one of the carts selling some sort of fruit that her father was bartering at. Her eyes scanned the villagers around her, reading their lips. It was quite fun being able to spy without anyone knowing. It would be a much better time if anyone ever said anything interesting. Today her brown hair was tied tied back in two braids, with a blue ribbon that matched her faded dress. At one time it was probably a bright blue, but she hadn't owned it then. She couldn't remember ever owning anything new. Her eyes caught sight of the horses bring in the new comers. She stared at the strangers curiously with her light blue eyes. There wasn't much by way of people coming and going in her little village. It was quite an exciting event to see someone new. She had no way of picking up on tone of voice. So she assumed they were complimenting her little town"

"Delilah opened her eyes as the mourning light poured in waking her up. She stared at the ceiling having no motivation to get up. She wrapped her arms around herself and stared at the wood above her head watching the dark and light splotches blur together when she stared too long without blinking. She found herself slipping back into her old routine of distractions. Anything to keep herself from actually thinking about him and dealing with the pain in her chest. She had long since let her past go, and watched it drift away down a rushing river. She had thought it impossible that the tide would turn around and come back the other way surfacing everything long since buried deep underground. One thing she was certain of, is that the tide wasn't going to stop for her. It was going to continue in the other direction, leaving her behind."

"Georgie hid in the gardens, well not hid exactly. She just knew it was the most unlikely place to run into... him. She pulled up her sleeve so she could run her fingers through the fountain water beside her. She watched the ripples rhythmically spread out. It gave her a tranquil feeling to watch patterns like that. She had made sure all of her dresses had lengthy sleeves. He seemed to only leave marks in places she could easily cover up, for the most part. Right now, she couldn't muster up the courage to pretend to like him, which she had to in the presence of others. She didn't know why it was so hard to say his name, to think it. Maybe it left foul taste in her mouth or was associated with unpleasantness.

She had thought about sending word to her family back home about her situation, but he read everything she wrote down. And if she did get word, would they really come to save her? There were reasons not too, it could cause conflict- war even. Couldn't it? She wasn't sure. But her fear of being left on her own, left her even more on her own. If she didn't ask for help, she could still imagine someone coming to her rescue. She refused to let go of that little notion. It got her through most every day.

Her blue eyes looked up from the pond and turned to the sky. The fresh air was a bit crisp, but she enjoyed it anyways. The sensation of goosebumps on her skin was not as uncomfortable as it used to be. The slight wind gave her hair brown light hair freedom to fly float gently around. She sighed, taking in the peaceful moment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back