• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 1980's Miami (Miami Vice, Scarface, Vice City-ish)

I've also been itching to do a cops vs. robbers crime thing set in 1980's Miami. This isn't quite a fandom RP due to it not being directly related to the inspirations for the idea, but it is something else I have been thinking about. I don't have as much planned as of yet as I do the Cyberpunks vs Steam Punks RP, but if there are any 80's-lovers or crime drama-lovers who are willing to give this RP life do let me know!

Also, what side are you interested in playing? The criminals? The cops? The undercover vice squads dressed in neon suits that drive expensive sports cars? Let me know.

Tripodric said:
Definitely interested! I'd be down to play a criminal :)
Should we have the ability to create our own gangs/vice cop teams? By vice cop teams I mean a duo of undercover drug-busting cops like Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs.

DestinyVICE said:
Should we have the ability to create our own gangs/vice cop teams? By vice cop teams I mean a duo of undercover drug-busting cops like Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs.
That'd be really neat! Or maybe you could just assign us a partner each.

Tripodric said:
That'd be really neat! Or maybe you could just assign us a partner each.
Maybe we can make the gangs first come first serve, like the first 5 drifters to roll into this hole of a city gets to make their mark, and everyone after that 5 is just hired muscle. So 1-5 are gang leaders, and 6 onwards have to pick a gang to join based on the gang types created.

I don't mean to be rude, but at that moment it doesn't look like you'll get 5 people. I'll try and coax some friends :)

Tripodric said:
I don't mean to be rude, but at that moment it doesn't look like you'll get 5 people. I'll try and coax some friends :)
Oh, no, I 100% get that. :) I just like to think ahead, that way when I do get the people I need I will have it completely planned out and I will know who gets what/how things will work so, in the low, low chance that it will be popular, flood control will be available so there won't be a Tony Montana or Alejandro Sosa every 4 people. ( ;) )

I'm intrigued. I haven't done much fiction in the 80s since watching Lethal Weapon :-p

Jessie Falcone, Don of the Falcone Family. A small bit out of date, but let's just say I resurrected it after the Genovese took us out.

KurtH6355 said:
Jessie Falcone, Don of the Falcone Family. A small bit out of date, but let's just say I resurrected it after the Genovese took us out.
If I end up getting this off of the ground, then you will be a mafia boss. Have any friends you may want to invite for recruitment or for interest inventory?

Maybe a prominent mob boss just died and other bosses are trying to take over while the police use it as a distraction to bust some mobs. Just off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be willing to join a some psycho who murders gang members in preparation for the new Hotline Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back