• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 1924 - An AU WWI RP

Space Cowboy Ein

A little dog in big space.

EUROPE 1924

b0dG2Rq.jpg

What is this?

1924 is an alternate universe in which a number of key events in history took a different turn than what we are used to. A few of these changes is an ancient empire formed by England and France, a progressive Islamic state on the entirety of the Iberian peninsula, an Ottoman Republic, etc. While these changes have changed the global landscape and borders, our story will be focusing solely on Europe for the time being.

What's the plot?

The story of 1924 puts us into a world that has been at war for ten years following a rash of revolutions in central and eastern Europe. Following a succession crisis in Britannia and an economic downturn in the USSR, the German Empire, backed by the Hungarian Empire had declared war on both sides in an attempt to secure valuable resources, land and coastline. Technology has advanced rapidly since then, planes, tanks, automatic weapons and even a relatively new war machine known as 'walkers' have begun to dominate the battlefield in an effort to break the years of trench warfare that has ravaged the countryside. Many soldiers have died and while a number of shaky truces and treaties have kept a number of other superpowers in the area at bay, it is likely their eventual involvement will lead to more death.

But this rp will not be following these grand and gory stories of military heroism and bravery. Instead it will be focused on a group of civilians in German-occupied Russia fighting to survive on a day to day basis where the front lines change drastically. Food and water shortages, enemy troops and inquisitors, even your own countrymen are all constant threats in the eastern countryside. Things seem dire, but there is talk of hope, of a resistance movement growing in the northern reaches of German-occupied land, you want to fight, but you're deep within Poland, and a long and arduous journey awaits you.

Other stuff

This is meant to be a detailed roleplay, which means having a good grasp on the English language and a minimum of two to three healthy paragraphs per post. Post frequency is expected to be two to three posts a week as well. This is likely to be a rather dark and gritty RP and some rather tough decisions and situations will be presented to the group of survivors so be prepared. Other than that, feel free to ask questions!

Link to a collection of artworks that were a good deal of inspiration for me and gives an example of 'walkers'.

Brief histories of the current powers listed on the map.

Link to the RP

Last edited by a moderator:
Korigon was correct, I am quite interested.

The biggest thing I'm going to want to know is how far the weaponry and tech has advanced, WWII era? Korean War era?

Also, thinking that playing a war journalist may be fun.

[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]Korigon was correct, I am quite interested.
The biggest thing I'm going to want to know is how far the weaponry and tech has advanced, WWII era? Korean War era?

Also, thinking that playing a war journalist may be fun.

[/QUOTE]
I'd say we'd see Korean War era weapons, but no jets yet, and certainly no nuclear weapons either.

Yeah, right from out of there would be a good list to get an idea of military hardware of the times. We'll be seeing a lot of these in passing for the first portion of the RP till we get up into the Baltic states. RP information should be getting out around tomorrow evening.

Added a link on the first post to a google doc of a brief history of the new powers at play on the map. More to come so stay tuned.

[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]I like it, very well thought out. Also helps people know where their characters could come from.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the idea being that the land gains made by the Germans has been recent, so the peopling residing within the Russian lands could technically come from anywhere for various reasons before getting swept up in a bunch of stuff.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Can I join?

Jets were invented WW2 so we would be seeing them.

[/QUOTE]
It's my personal choice whether they will be in the RP or not. In the end this is an alternate history roleplay so when jet technology is developed is up to me.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Eh just saying Korean war tech includes jet planes

[/QUOTE]
Well we had already covered the topic of what era of military hardware we would see earlier in this thread. I understand when jets were but this decision is final and the absence of jets won't change the role play experience.

So these walkers are basically tanks with legs? I imagine it'd be a trade off of increased movement and more vulnerability.

I imagine walkers would have some versatility to them, especially if they could fold up and become a regular tank

vehicle, but that's up to RP God here.

Information on the first few unusual weapon and walkers we'll see under German control is up in the lore section of the RP. I'd also ask that any more chat go into ooc for the time being, I'd hate to be lonely in there. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back