• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building 1800s Roleplay

Pman said:
Charles IV was in the middle of a nightmare. Spain had been disgraced, him dead, the nation's vast imperial holdings.... gone. The naval power that Spain had boasted for some many years was at the bottom of the Mediterranean. Then he sees a glowing apparition before him. It is sitting on a thrown of clouds. It lifts up it's arm, points at the king and utters a single word: "YOU."
He wakes up, breathing heavily and sweating. His wife is awaken as well, and asks what is wrong.

He replies: "I've seen the end of the Empire and only I can stop it!!"

After he has been calmed down, he recounts the dream he had.

His wife is shocked. The dream sounds like a vision to her, and according to the current conditions that the Empire faces that dream may become a reality.

She asks Charles what must he do to advert this disaster?

He says, quietly: "Act like a true king."

She urges him to go back to bed, which he does, and then thinks. After an hour, she class for a servant and makes plans for the King to have a meeting with the Prime Minister on the current affairs of Spain.
Not bad, roleplay :)

Do you guys still do the skype thing? Because that was time-consuming. And I am considering joining this merry band once again. It was fun, and since this website is what it is, I really have no other rp to join.

Only one obstacle for my posting... My Timezone.

Anyway I'll post my nation :x

Nevermind I guess they aren't classified by type. I've read Sere's post( French Empire ).

I'll just get rid of two of the five highted Techs.

Btw, do we have a point system of some sort? Like I need 'this and this much' points to complete that technology and I get for example one research point per turn?

NeoLeaf said:
Nevermind I guess they aren't classified by type. I've read Sere's post( French Empire ).
I'll just get rid of two of the five highted Techs.

Btw, do we have a point system of some sort? Like I need 'this and this much' points to complete that technology and I get for example one research point per turn?
We don't have a point system, we just use common sense. If you want to design a steam engine for example, you need to have you scientists read up on the subject and have go at it. I if the mod thinks you're advanced enough to research it, it will be allowed.

@Pman Common sense? Well I am realistic... Most of those techs that I have lined there will most likely be done in a number of years and at highest a over a decade if I were to do them alone without any foreign aid.

Factors such as war, famine, bad weather, shortages etc. will negatively effect the process. Same goes for the more positive changes such as the creation of the trading with allies, research initiatives and technology brokering/trading. Empires bigger than my the nation I am playing clearly have a head start in these kinds of things.

But now I'm here to address something else, I'm not sure if we can use 'common sense' when the majority of people don't have or show matching details of the first turn. For example most of you have only show details of your military prowess and deny everything else. You seriously can't assume that everything that you are denying is going run by itself.

Probably because it would makes things more practical, but the practicality of nation building is hardly that. How much money have we spent and how much is left? How many politicians do I have to realize my orders and do my commands? What edicts can I impose? What should I reform and what reforms should drop out? What's the population of my nation? What factions would topple the current one in the future? How do I address the individual problems of the provinces? How do I bring moral and support from the people? What resources do I have and what is their efficiency? How are our imports and exports? YADA YADA YADA.

Also an interesting topic would be the existence of 'Great Peoples' like ****-mothering George Washington Carver, Wrights Brothers, Nikola Tolsa etc. How could we bring out the best from them from our timeline if we had greatly changed their environments? We can't assume things because we don't know. Common sense can't be implement because we can't figure out the scenario. It would interesting to see Nikola Tesla taking credit for a lot of inventions or seeing George Carver making further advancements in crop irrigation if people seen a positive light about them but it's unlikely due to their backgrounds. It just can't happen that way.

With these interesting 'first turn posts' and the use of the GM's or the collective's 'common sense' I can imagine this being exploited.

edit: spellcheck

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished my first turn,hope that someone can point out my mistakes

So,turn 2 has started?Well,I shall start working on my next post

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back