Other 18 Month Anniversary Post

I’ve done this sort of thing since I have joined RPN. It’s been 18 months since I decided to return to Roleplay, coming out of retirement to give it a new shot. As of right now, thanks to you guys, I was able to reconnect with a lot of old friends, and because of you guys I was able to become the co-leader of my very own role play community. However, what most gives me assurance that I have had some success is being able to write messages like these. I find that the longer I stay here, the longer the posts get. It means I’m meeting more people, knowing people better, seeing a new reason to continue roleplaying and staying on this site. I can find a little bit of everything to write about every so often, and even if by this point posts like these are tiresome, or have been seen before, they’re important.

I joined the site almost 18 months ago, 2/22/2016. Why I’m posting this post now and not on that date is because of one sole reason: I am going to college. I graduated, as many of you know, and am attending a small college in Pennsylvania to study archaeology. For those of you that don’t know, I was a three sport athlete, student government president, and one of two students taking a latin class at my school. It’s fair to say I achieved a lot, but there’s always a reason to that. I owe it all to my friends, people in real life and you guys, that keep me going. When something pisses me off or gets me down, someone’s there for me.

It hasn’t always been easy for me. I’ve struggled with a lot of problems, a hurdle or two. I always bring up my broken leg story as a reminder of the power of encouraging your friends and believing in them when they have nothing left to believe in. I wouldn’t have returned to finish the season if it weren’t for my friends, and I wouldn’t continue roleplaying if it wasn’t for you. Your patience, kindness, sympathy, honesty, it means the world to me. All 18 months of it is of such important value and I can never put it fully into words. Pathetic, isn’t it? I’m on a role play site and I can’t frame the words well enough to express gratitude.

As my friends have been there for me over and over, I can’t help but try to do my part to give credit to a few individuals, as I do over and over again. I guess what keeps me doing this is that kindness tends to be overlooked over time. Sticking with your friends throughout the months, being there time and time again, dealing with their angry posts, helping them through their tough times, doing all that while handling their own personal baggage, their own hurdles is amazing to me. I wouldn’t be the same person I am today if it weren’t for too many people to name. But I have to give credit to a few very special people.

C cupidcreep you are my favorite foot thief. Your snapchats are always funny, and I enjoy our little quips. You’re a great person, a model moderator, and all I can say is thanks for everything you’ve done with the site. I wish you the best in the near future.

Aleikya Aleikya I know you probably won’t see this, even if i send it to you via buttstagram, but just know I appreciate everything you do for me. You’re always willing to help me out on anything I need IC or OOC. I’ve loved roleplaying with you, texting with you, facetiming, all of it. I wouldn'tt trade you for anything in the world, shorty.

Malice Queen Malice Queen You just always impress me with everything you do. You’re always in my corner, always willing to take 3 seconds out of your day to ask me how I am. Your replies for any role play guaranteed is going to be stellar. I’m truly blessed to be able to get to know you better in the past 6 months. I’m happy to call you a friend.

Kestrel Kestrel You were the first person to ever say a word to me on this site. Things may or may not be busy for you at the moment, and all I can say is that I’m always here if you need me. I’ll never forget the day you confetti showered me to welcome me here, and as long as this place makes me happy and people like you are still around, role-play is alive and well in my heart.

McMajestic McMajestic My favorite peasant, and the first person I ever responded to in a roleplay, but you already knew that. Since day 1, you were the first person I’d run to if I had to vent my frustrations and angers about people and things, and we’ve been in probably 1-2 dozen role-plays to date. Even if i suck at replies, I know for a fact I don’t suck at choosing best friends. Luh u, b.

deer deer Yo pal. I love talking with you, reminiscing about our past and current role plays. I am glad to have you to talk to, and someone whose interests are so similar to mine. It lets me know that someone out there is just as cool/weird as me.

PenguinFox PenguinFox FlameintheRoses FlameintheRoses Morgrim Morgrim Bellz Bellz Arael Arael Rhaine Rhaine Moolock Moolock Compass Compass Federoff Federoff Luckz Luckz Meredith Meredith Darktanion Darktanion Comet Comet aergie aergie Axeykins Axeykins soular soular Blue098 Blue098 Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed C.DEX C.DEX PanOtterPus PanOtterPus and many others

I don't want to uninclude you, or even suggest that you are not as good as the people above. I feel that many of you I either engage in witty banter with, talk to about random stuff, role play with you, or force you to put up with me on a daily basis. All I can say is that you to each and every one of you for taking time out of your day to talk with me, hang out with me, or just reply to me. I'm grateful for each and every one of you for being fun people!

In conclusion, I'm nothing without you guys, and here's my thanks to getting me to 18 months on the site. I hope I stick around a while longer!

-JokerValentine

Last edited:
I'm going to pretend to be offended that I was mentioned. "Darn you, you mentioned me in your life. It's not like you were fun to be around and a great roleplayer and I want you to get back on the damn discord"

Look how good that was.

Anyways, happy anniversary!

<3 Awwwwh!!

Best of luck in college Joker! It's a great challenge but I know you'll do stellar and kick it's ass!! You're an awesome and bright dude! You're gonna do great things out there! :)

Not to mention it's always been a joy Rping with you. The work and depth you put into your characters and posts is astounding! and while we may not be in one together at the moment I hope to again some day soon!

This is very sweet, Joker! :D I'm glad that you look upon me and the others so kindly. I wish you the best of luck and I'm so glad that you've had a good time here. You were welcoming to me as well. I want to say that Kestrel Kestrel was also the one that welcomed me initially to the site, and extend my appreciation. <3

Dear JV,
You are one of the realest, sassiest, and most loving person that I have met on RPN. I am so lucky to have met someone as amazing as you. I absolutely love your writing style and how your characters come to life whenever I read them on the pages! I almost completely freaked thinking you were leaving and I'm so glad you're not! You're going to be something and you're going to be someone great! I have complete faith and trust in you, dearest! Good luck in college! I know how excited you are!
Don't forget us little people when you find something amazing! Thank you so much for being my friend and giving me an opportunity to meet someone as fun-loving and appreciate as you!
Lots of hugs, kisses, and positive vibes!
Love,
Cruci <3

Hi. I didn't die Joker. I'm honored that I was able to influence you, and am glad that you still consider me a good enough friend to give me a special shout out. I'm happy to have returned to the site.

Hi. I didn't die Joker. I'm honored that I was able to influence you, and am glad that you still consider me a good enough friend to give me a special shout out. I'm happy to have returned to the site.

I missed ya lots. There's always something special about that first person.

JokerValentine JokerValentine
Wow...Again you practically make me cry with these little update things. You're a wonderful person Joker, I wish you the best of luck in college and should you need ANYTHING from me during your time feel free to PM me here or spam my ass on Discord! Congratulations on graduation again and I hope that whatever troubles have beset you have past so you can focus on claiming a spot for your future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back